Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The drunk manatee equivalent of lampshade on head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Playtpus Garry Shandling

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is what I do. I figure they're predators, so either there's things to eat that I like having around less than spiders, or the problem will solve itself.

Some spiders can go months without a meal. Very, very patient buggers.

My problem with spiders isn't knowing how they operate, that all makes excellent sense and I appreciate their function. My irrational fear of them spawns from irrational ideas, like that they'd climb down my throat or suck out my eyeball juice.

I don't mind jumpers though, they're cute :3:

So tiny!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I had to leave my cat at home with only a once-a-day sitter coming in to feed her for the past 4 days.

She basically did that when I came in :3:

Also, that wolf thing is so cool and I am hiding it from my gf because I don't have the capability of going there RIGHT NOW to do it THIS INSTANT.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Something Else posted:

A tapir once sprayed piss on me at a zoo in Belize. Now look at my dad's dogs:

I figured out which one ate your sandwich.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

And what store pray tell sells and/or donates such caracals to warm loving homes?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Teddybear posted:

I know it's completely not feasible, but I still hold out hope that someday we'll domesticate red pandas. :3:

I don't, I already have enough pets to take care of, I don't need 50 more!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fuzz1138 posted:

I know some people who don't like them for whatever reason, but I've always thought squirrels were adorable.

And they come in different flavors. :3:

I like em!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ulvir posted:

A very old Australian man spent some of his time knitting little sweaters for penguins to help them keep warm after an oil spill

I especially like #2 from the left. :kimchi:

"Wot?"

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

kinmik posted:

You will never be as pumped up about anything as this guy is about the weather.
http://www.weather.com/news/news/jim-cantore-thundersnow-plymouth-massachusetts?cm_ven=FB_WX_JK_21615_6

The Trapdoor Kitty waits for prey to wander by!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzIS_0iSJWY

puppy doesn't want to wake up

i can't handle this omggggggg

(then again this is why you don't let your dog get used to sleeping on the bed, esp if they're a fuckin great dane)

The reason you let your dog get used to sleeping on the bed is so they're great at warming the bed before you get on! My fiancee always gets in bed before me, and our lab/hound mix lays on my spot until I arrive, and then he moves down to the end. I get my bed pre-warmed!

He definitely does this though if he's on the bed and I haven't taken him outside for the last time of the night yet. "Come on, let's go outside" and he just looks up at me with soulful eyes trying to impart just how comfy he is.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Anyone else have a dog that looks very interested in discussing your long term financial stability?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

I see kangaroos every day. It's less than 100m to the (occasionally open depending on the surf) shop and there is a good chance I'll see a roo going there. More than 3 decades after this becoming a part of my life I'm still not tired of those goofy bastards. Have a pic of one chilling in my yard waiting for me to throw it (and it's joey) some parsley that I just picked.

Stop making me want to move to a land down under where spiders are six foot four and full of muscles

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

My fiancee was saying she thought that was a trained trick, but that guy's reaction seems so genuinely surprised he got away with it, I'm thinking it's not.

So cute.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

TheMaestroso posted:

I can confirm this as another new viewer. Also, pretty fecking hilarious.

Can confirm. Got fiancee this shirt:

She loves it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

This is a feel-good thread though, so here's a cute fossa.

if that fella didn't want its ears scritched they wouldn't look like that.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

QUACKTASTIC posted:

While convenient, it still doesn't beat fresh koala

(also because I can't stop laughing at his face)

NOOOOOOOO! DON'T FEED HIM AFTER MIDNIGHT!!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Birb Katter posted:

Dogs meeting kittens for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5LwcvVAKDg

Very adorable. I don't know if I believe those are allfirst time meetings. It's rarely so smooth.

As always with Youtube, don't read the comments. Some get into very depressing subjects.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

"Dr. Dogs" in India helping kids with mental and emotional difficulties. Good boys.

http://www.thebetterindia.com/22450/dr-ruffles-has-that-healing-touch-dr-dog-autistic-children/

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

kannonfodder posted:

It made me so happy that people are so ready to help, and give this poor old dog a warm place to stay until he finds his family again.

Me too, looks so much like my fiancee's black & white fella! So cute! Glad he's got a good chance now, whether he has a oldfamily or not.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Nordick posted:

No problem, glad to hear that :)

The Finnish article about it called it a "torpedo owl" (torpedowl!) but I think I like Dick Trauma's "owlitzer" better.

Moving on, meet Pumpkin the Orphaned Rescue Raccoon: http://pulptastic.com/racoon-identity-crisis/

Seriously, look at that adorable furball! :kimchi: The picture where she's hanging from the kitchen counter freaking killed me.

You know that Siberian fox experiment where they domesticated foxes in like 10-20 generations?

Why haven't we done that with raccoons yet? Whyyyyyyyy

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Not a pibble but here's my shmups on a car ride. The first 10 minutes he happily whines, the middle hour he sleeps, the final 10 minutes he spins around in the back looking out all the windows and whining.

Coco was adorable! Love them brindles :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Chili posted:

Mission Accatlished

Good on you man. I lived with a real fatty kitty for a while. She hated EVERYONE IN THE WORLD except me. We were best buds. She had to weigh about 20ish pounds, but still could leap up about 4 feet. Damnedest thing. Loved that cat. Hope she's good. Her owner wasn't exactly attentive.

If Butterscotch needs a playmate, Panda always could use a good mind to duel with.

• Locked thread