Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

some complete niggers are buying every stores entire stock and then reselling them online for like 100 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

What the gently caress kind of n-word (normie) would do such a horrid thing?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sounds lame OP, but that's why I bought a Pro Controller with my Wii U.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It would've helped if nintendo manufactured more than two

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They're already being sold used at gamestop with a 50% markup.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
*gamestop voice* shoulda preordered lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I'm gonna end up buying like 2 more classic controllers just so we can play this over thanksgiving Lol.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those loving niggers will pay for ruining my Smash [serious]

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
No seriously they stores are "opening" the gamecube adaptors themselves and are selling them with a higher markup just like Metroid prime Trilogy and Xenoblade.

like this is all of their supply which didn't go to preorders. None of them have made it onto shelves period.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Those loving niggers will pay for ruining my Smash [serious]
looks like it's time to settle it in smash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're already being sold used at gamestop with a 50% markup.

[gamestop execs with their heads in their hands]

[one looks up] what if we sold used products... for more than new ??

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

wait, is this a limited peripheral? if so then that's fuckin retarded

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
if this poo poo isn't available by christmas I will be forced to buy the dumbass bundle despite the fact that I already own the game

don't do it you fuckers

give me my gamecubes

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

wtf is the pro controller really so bad? it's just like the 3ds layout and you all have been playing that.. gently caress.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the fact that the face buttons on the pro controller are so far down makes it a Bad Controller to me when other options are available

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

owned

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Does the Wavebird work?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

wtf is the pro controller really so bad? it's just like the 3ds layout and you all have been playing that.. gently caress.

does it at least have proper sticks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Problem solved guys the internet is cool

bad news zdr... none of those gamecube controllers work with the wii u without the adapter, which is what the op is looking for

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Widestancer posted:

Does the Wavebird work?

It works with the gamecube controller adapter

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

mabels big day posted:

bad news zdr... none of those gamecube controllers work with the wii u without the adapter, which is what the op is looking for

They made tons of the fwiggin gamecube controllers, they just messed up on shipping these adapters really bad. *in james rolfe voice* What were they THINKING?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

It's actually extremely good but I think people have gotten very attached to the good old 'Cube controller and already own a ton of them.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Ships by Monday, December 8.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
so does this thing work on anything other than smash or...

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Looper posted:

so does this thing work on anything other than smash or...

roflmao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i got a gamecube controller-shaped wii classic controller, which i will receive on Wednesday. i can use it on games other than smash, too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is it the wario one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oh it's the bad controller maker that makes the wario one. hori makes the luigi mario ones

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
don't blame people for taking advantage of free market capitalism OP, blame nintendo for not giving the wiiu built-in gamecube reverse compatibility

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

wait, so are they releasing more of these next month?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should let you use the wii mote and do smash moves by flailing. home run bat would be amazing.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'm eagerly awaiting for pro controllers deals today

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
The #1 reason I want the adapter is because I already have some gamecube controllers and this will let me use them with both my Wii U and my PC when the inevitable unofficial drivers release

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

can't remember the last time hardware other than launch consoles was in this short supply

my brother bought the last one at a local store near his place as a favor for a friend, and immediately started kicking himself when he realized what they were going for on ebay

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

These are up to 189.99 on amazon and people are still buying them. Wtf.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

These are up to 189.99 on amazon and people are still buying them. Wtf.

of all the things I thought would be the "hot ticket item" for christmas this year, i'm really surprised it ended up being this. it could have been the Wii U, or the actual game, or the controllers themselves, but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

drat, pretty grateful that my friend decided not to gouge me/hock it when he picked me up one. Totally wouldn't have blamed him.

• Locked thread