Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Calling it now, Pac-Man Amiibo's gonna be a roughly spherical blob of completely translucent yellow plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Hungry Bit posted:

Calling it now, Pac-Man Amiibo's gonna be a roughly spherical blob of completely translucent yellow plastic.

Why wouldn't it be modeled on the Smash render like every other Smash 4 amiibo?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

When playing in Smash mode with an Amiibo, is this the proper way to save its progress after I'm done?

-Back out of Smash mode
-When asked "do you want to customize your Amiibo" say yes
-On the customization screen hit start
-Tap your Amiibo when prompted

That seems like a lot of steps. I thought I could just tap the Amiibo to the tablet after a match to update it, but it just says "thish Amiibo is already in play."

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hungry Bit posted:

jivjov posted:

Why wouldn't it be modeled on the Smash render like every other Smash 4 amiibo?

:yikes:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AdmiralViscen posted:

When playing in Smash mode with an Amiibo, is this the proper way to save its progress after I'm done?

-Back out of Smash mode
-When asked "do you want to customize your Amiibo" say yes
-On the customization screen hit start
-Tap your Amiibo when prompted

That seems like a lot of steps. I thought I could just tap the Amiibo to the tablet after a match to update it, but it just says "thish Amiibo is already in play."

If you remove all amiibo from the match before backing out of the character select screen, you'll get taken straight to a screen that prompts you to tap any amiibo used that play session to the pad. Saves a couple steps.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

If you remove all amiibo from the match before backing out of the character select screen, you'll get taken straight to a screen that prompts you to tap any amiibo used that play session to the pad. Saves a couple steps.

I just tried that, and it still asks if I want to tweak the Amiibo and takes me to the customization screen. I guess I'll try saying no to that?

edit - yup, that does it. not slick at all Nintendo!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AdmiralViscen posted:

I just tried that, and it still asks if I want to tweak the Amiibo and takes me to the customization screen. I guess I'll try saying no to that?

edit - yup, that does it. not slick at all Nintendo!

How many amiibo do you have? I might be getting the streamlined list because I usually use anywhere from 2 to all 8 of our amiibo in a given play session.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I got a Samus and she's leaning sideways slightly. Besides that it's pretty good. THanks for reading.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Also he picked up taunting after a kill which was really the only thing i wanted to impart to him and he does it in 1 on 1 fights :kimchi:

Doesn't the CPU do that normally?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

How many amiibo do you have? I might be getting the streamlined list because I usually use anywhere from 2 to all 8 of our amiibo in a given play session.

I have 2, I think I have tried it with only one loaded each time.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

jivjov posted:

You're one of these guys aren't you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3c_JDDp99k

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's me...I'm gonna be the guy that ends up with every single amiibo.

I have Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, DK, Link, Villager, Kirby, and just got a Mario today. My two housemates have Yoshi and Samus.

I really need to come up with a storage solution for these guys. Any suggestions? My current tentative plan is to take a 2x4 or something and drill a shallow hole the diameter of an amiibo base, and then mount that on the wall.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

oknope posted:

fingers crossed for a rayman amiibo

The original leaked Rayman Legends pitch video had a bunch of NFC bullshit in it, including a huge Creed Man figure and some Rabbids junk.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I was perusing the local game shop when I found the Amiibos, you know what, that star fox model looks pretty cool, it's cheap enough and looks good enough that I will definitely get a few of them as decorative pieces, if I could have a round collection of Star Fox, Falco, Captain falcon and Kirby then I think I've got a nice little statue set.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sba posted:

Sucks that Meta-Knight is an exclusive, him and Link are the only two I really wanted to pick up.

This was never touched on again, but if anyone could clarify what this even means I'd be thankful because I'm a huge kirby nerd and even if I don't play metaknight I really wanted the amiibo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figure I'm going to end up with Mario, Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Kirby and Shulk. I only have Link and Kirby for now, though. Might end up with Dedede, too.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Nuebot posted:

This was never touched on again, but if anyone could clarify what this even means I'd be thankful because I'm a huge kirby nerd and even if I don't play metaknight I really wanted the amiibo.

you can only get him at Best Buy (when it comes out)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

sba posted:

you can only get him at Best Buy (when it comes out)

Shulk is going to be Gamestop exclusive, as well. Rosalina's an exclusive, but they haven't said where yet, as far as I know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh that's not so bad then. Annoying but not bad. Here I was worried it'd be tied to a game pre-order or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Lucario - Toys R Us
Meta Knight - Best Buy
Shulk - GameStop
Rosalina & Luma - ?????

Those are the exclusives we know about so far. I'm betting Wal-Mart for Rosalina.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Store exclusives are a tad annoying but totally not that bad. I was worried this was gonna be some bullshit like PAX or E3 exclusive things for some of them.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I ended up getting a Kirby in spite of my self. Good desk candy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

I ended up getting a Kirby in spite of my self. Good desk candy.

Don't eat your amiibo

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Alternately, eat Kirby before he eats you and takes your power.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please don't hurt kirby

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Echophonic posted:

Alternately, eat Kirby before he eats you and takes your power.

My 17 month old just tried this. Lots of biting and throwing, but Kirbybo is still in tip top shape.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
On the TRU website right now, Amiibos are Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off. Really didn't plan on spending a lot of money on these, but for just getting a couple is there anywhere to get them cheaper or is that the best deal?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

CatsPajamas posted:

On the TRU website right now, Amiibos are Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off. Really didn't plan on spending a lot of money on these, but for just getting a couple is there anywhere to get them cheaper or is that the best deal?

I should note that TRU will not price-match their online sale in store.

Picked up Marth and Link today, when I honestly had never planned to get an Amiibo. I'm beginning to think all the Marths have a :downs: face; I saw about six of them today and bought the one with the best paint job, but none of them were that great. They weren't as bad as the one in the OP, but they were pretty :downs:.

Link's paint job is great though. I saw two where he was kinda cross-eyed, but the one I nabbed looks really good. Sword's a tiny bit bent, but I'm sure as time goes on it'll warp anyhow as it's just cheap plastic (and I have no problem with that).

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
We live in a Kirby eat Kirby world.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

That Kirby is a pretty solid hunk of hardened death chemical, if you try to eat it you will almost probably die.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CatsPajamas posted:

Not a bad deal, but shipping will eat up all your savings unless you buy 2 sets of 2 and push yourself over the free shipping threshold. Or do other Christmas shopping or whatever while you're at it.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
All I want is a Captain Falcon amiibo to perfect Falcon Punching while off stage. I don't care if it can't recover. I need a manly opponent because I'm sure as not getting them online For Glory and my friends aren't real good at Smash.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do we know how Captain Toad uses Amiibos?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Has Nintendo announced a Nonspecific Action Figure Amiibo yet, and has it been confirmed for Smash?

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do we know how Captain Toad uses Amiibos?

Yeah, but not how.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Thanks Internet posted:

Yeah, but not how.

Probably going to be like Hyrule Warriors where you get a random number of hint coins or something each day for each amiibo you scan in. I wouldn't expect anything like an amiibo specific stage unlock.

e: Please look forward to having to reset the game when you scan Morth and he gives you a Golden Tankui Leaf

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
https://twitter.com/Greliz/status/535976145313726465

quote:

ANSWER MY CRIES MASTER

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I think someone was mentioning this a few pages back but it looks like they never came to a solid conclusion. Is there some way to streamline saving 6 amiibos after they battle and then receiving their presents before sending them to battle again?

Also Kirby and Villager got knocked out last in my previous item-farming battle, but I accidentally corrupted their data and they ended up giving me the least number of presents; This is an unfortunate consequence I presume? :(

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Hey guys, I need some help. I think I got a defective amiibo? Please advise.

(When a R.O.B. amiibo gets released, I'm going to do you-know-what with it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I wonder how much it'll cost to import a red R.O.B. amiibo from Japan. And if it works with U.S. Wii Us.

I prefer red R.O.B. over grey R.O.B.

Also...

• Locked thread