Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I heard a story on the radio last week about a guy who records himself going through border patrol checkpoints wearing wacky costumes or running some kind of gimmick.
It was all fun and games until they smashed his window in :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jose posted:

This gif ends far too early. Is there a video of it?

Yeah, I'm left wondering what the gently caress is causing black water to start spraying out in that last second.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I'm left wondering what the gently caress is causing black water to start spraying out in that last second.

The water in sprinkler systems is usually stagnant (having been sitting there since the system was installed).

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
http://www.wptv.com/news/national/becca-campbell-woman-allegedly-kills-herself-with-gun-bought-to-prepare-for-ferguson-unrest-police-say

quote:

A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

The boyfriend, who wasn't identified, told police that the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision on the shooting of Michael Brown, the sources said.

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but died.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

canyoneer posted:

I heard a story on the radio last week about a guy who records himself going through border patrol checkpoints wearing wacky costumes or running some kind of gimmick.
It was all fun and games until they smashed his window in :ohdear:

My favorite one had the cop being very polite and the soverign citizen starts getting very argumentative and the cop asks "why are you shaking?" because the sovcit was such a babyback bitch that getting into an argument was making him tremble.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
A reminder not to Michael Jackson under the influence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMFSCMR0Dc

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gann Jerrod posted:

A reminder not to Michael Jackson under the influence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMFSCMR0Dc

His footwork was so good but his shoulders were too stiff.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't know exactly what's going on in this video, but it does not appear to be a border crossing. What is the purpose of these checkpoints? Are these just regular toll booths? Why is someone's citizenship is being routinely questioned?

http://youtu.be/u4Ku17CqdZg

Either way, the agents get really uncomfortable when this guy refuses to answer. And then he's just let go.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Nitrox posted:

I don't know exactly what's going on in this video, but it does not appear to be a border crossing. What is the purpose of these checkpoints? Are these just regular toll booths? Why is someone's citizenship is being routinely questioned?

Either way, the agents get really uncomfortable when this guy refuses to answer. And then he's just let go.

I think they're Department of Homeland Security/Border Patrol checkpoints, so the purpose is to find terrorists or illegals or something... There generally within like, 100 mies of the border.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Nitrox posted:

1. In 1976 the Supreme Court decided that the border patrol can set checkpoints up on roads that lead to or from the borders, even if they're not *at* the border itself, provided they're within a reasonable distance of the border. They're allowed to stop everyone passing through and ask them questions to look for illegal aliens.

2. More recently the Federal government has decided on its own that "reasonable distance" means 100 miles. So basically anywhere within 100 miles of the border, the border patrol can set up checkpoints if it feels like it and stop cars and ask about illegal aliens. Here's a handy map of where the 4th amendment doesn't prevent cops from stopping you and asking you for your papers at a checkpoint. Two-thirds of the entire population of the US lives here:

3. You're still not obligated to answer those questions. They still can't search your car or you without either consent, or probable cause, unlike an actual border crossing, where they can do that. Unlike the earlier stuff, this isn't sovereign citizen bullshit, it's right out of SC decision. People who live in towns in the southwest who routinely have to deal with this poo poo just to get home from work every day are justified in treating the entire border patrol apparatus as if it were one big collective sore-covered dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why does everyone keep saying windshield? It was obviously the drivers side window:confused:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why does everyone keep saying windshield? It was obviously the drivers side window:confused:

He even says something like "driver's side window" after getting pulled out of the car, despite claiming he wasn't driving but travelling somewhere at the start of the video.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Eruonen posted:

He even says something like "driver's side window" after getting pulled out of the car, despite claiming he wasn't driving but travelling somewhere at the start of the video.

Sovereign Citizens love using pseudo-legalize in an effort to magic themselves out of situations. "I'm a man", not a person, travelling instead of driving, etc. This has been posted numerous times before, but a Canadian judge posted a rather lengthy judicial handbook of a ruling about the sovereign citizen movement, full of awesome judicial smackdowns.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The schadenfreude is that the US is a police state and that everyone's laughing about it because sometimes dumb people get assaulted by the cops :allears:

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

I know this is from the first page but this dude has to be dead or seriously hurt right?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Is that a move cops are trained to do? In retrospect it makes more sense than pushing in on a window.

Now I'm thinking how badass it would've been had the T-1000 done that while chasing Arnie in the parking garage instead of just trying to stab stuff.

Kukash posted:

I know this is from the first page but this dude has to be dead or seriously hurt right?

I'm pretty sure that's his head falling off.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

His neck was snapped and his body pulverized beyond recognition by a high-impact concrete.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Everyone is dead, their souls trapped in gifs, forever to relive their deaths, again and again.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Found in the gif thread:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I need video of the Grinch gif that is amazing

http://youtu.be/3GRSbr0EYYU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who brought Rah! a copy of my avatar? Things are about to get confusing.

A classic.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Say Nothing posted:

A classic.

C'mon man. Everyone should have a Nemi avatar (or atomic robo.)

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

quote:

It is not a crime to travel without identification
A driver's license is not a form of identification
It is permission to drive if you've got commerce on public highways
I am not conducting commerce on public roads
I am traveling freely to go visit a female friend of mine and I'm being assaulted and kidnapped
This is not lawful and I do not consent

The only one of these statements that is actually true (E: aside from the ID one .. reading is hard) is the one about not conducting commerce on public roads. If only because he has nothing anyone would want to buy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

C'mon man. Everyone should have a Nemi avatar (or atomic robo.)
Well, she does have the best expressions, so I'm fine with it.

Go hog wild.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Even I'm starting to get confused now. Maybe we're separate sides of a split personality, and are actually the same person :aaaaa:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that 38 grams of Iggy Pop strength heroin being spilled on the floor?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Well time to vacuum the floor and recystalize that poo poo.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
It's weed pollen. He spent months/years collecting it all, put it in a tub, took a picture while feeling like the king of weed because he'd been dreaming about this day for a long time-then he dropped it on the drat carpet.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Why would you want to collect weed pollen?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

Because it is weed. And it gets you stoned.

edit: it's the stuff you use to make hash.

thylacine posted:

It's weed pollen. He spent months/years collecting it all, put it in a tub, took a picture while feeling like the king of weed because he'd been dreaming about this day for a long time-then he dropped it on the drat carpet.

If it was a wood/concrete/linoleum/tile floor, he may have been able to save most of it. But on a carpet? Most of that poo poo is gone forever mannnnnnnn.

Rah! has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Nov 25, 2014

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Also known as hashish.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

My favorite one had the cop being very polite and the soverign citizen starts getting very argumentative and the cop asks "why are you shaking?" because the sovcit was such a babyback bitch that getting into an argument was making him tremble.

That's called adrenaline.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

As someone who has accidentally fallen onto a cactus more than once, this poo poo gets me. Especially when someone thinks it's a good idea to do it on purpose. Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSJCMkUa9Y

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Rah! posted:

As someone who has accidentally fallen onto a cactus more than once, this poo poo gets me. Especially when someone thinks it's a good idea to do it on purpose. Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSJCMkUa9Y

I knew what this was before clicking. It's the squealing like a pig that makes it magical.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

hiddenriverninja posted:

I knew what this was before clicking. It's the squealing like a pig that makes it magical.

I was going to say it was the gushing blood when that last needle was removed. :barf:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
A Kansas woman stole an SUV and plowed it into an abandoned building. She survived with non-life threatening injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x0rbtq2rVs

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkTAqmJUwc&t=144s

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010
So there are random checkpoints set up no where near the border in the States? That seems like a waste of resources or do they really catch enough people that are in the country illegally to make it worthwhile? I'm assuming they are mostly set up near Mexico as opposed to Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Hydrogenated posted:

So there are random checkpoints set up no where near the border in the States? That seems like a waste of resources or do they really catch enough people that are in the country illegally to make it worthwhile? I'm assuming they are mostly set up near Mexico as opposed to Canada.

I think part of the rationale is that their presence acts as its own deterrent. I was hearing something about this on the radio last night, it's like, them being there causes people who are there illegally to move to other smaller streets, which makes them easier to point out - is the rationale the police officer being interviewed gave.

• Locked thread