Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
So, long story short I stumbled upon a copy of Mega Man X4 for the PC and, as I am running a 64-bit OS, it will not install with the old "won't work on 64-bit OS" message. It's made for Windows 95/98 (so no DosBox) and, while I initially thought that it was just InstallShield, given the release date of the game (1997) it's quite possible that the game itself was written entirely 16-bit. I am not sure, however, as Mega Man X3 works just fine and obviously came out before X4. X2 never saw any kind of PC port and X1 was a DOS game, so it works just fine in DosBox.

Any suggestions? This may be a lost cause, but I wanted to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Make a Virtual Machine with Windows 98

• Locked thread