Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Steam Store (Early Access): http://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Official website: http://www.mordheim-cityofthedamned.com/

Mordheim: City of the Damned by the developer Rogue Factor is a turn-based, objective-focused single- and multiplayer skirmishing game with RPG and party-managing aspects. It's based on the tabletop game Mordheim made by Games Workshop- hey, don't run away! That one was actually not bad!

Players create and customise a warband of fighters from one of four factions and fight the enemy in the narrow alleys of Mordheim for loot and experience. Warriors will improve and level up as they fight, but that is not without risk: Any fighter that is taken out in combat may well suffer a crippling injury or even permanent death!

About the Setting
The game is set in the same world as GW's popular Warhammer Fantasy setting, but a few centuries earlier. The titular city of Mordheim used to be a thriving center of culture and commerce, becoming even more important when a great comet appeared in the skies above it and was predicted to touch down at its location. People flocked towards Mordheim, thinking the comet a divine sign of their god Sigmar, and soon the city was fit to burst with people. Such overpopulation quickly lead to rampant crime and depravity, and circumstances worsened rapidly as the comet came ever closer. When it finally did arrive, it did not bring the divine deliverance people had hoped for, but it instead crashed right into the city's centre and killed almost everyone within.

Ever since then, the ruins of Mordheim had been shunned and avoided, with rumours of monsters and daemons roaming the abandoned streets. However, as always in these cases, there are also tales of strange riches to be found. Strange glowing stones, called Wyrdstone, with potent magical properties that were highly prized in the rest of the world. Small bands of mercenaries and other factions began exploring the city, braving its dangers as they fought each other over its riches.

Gameplay
While the game's rules draw obvious inspiration from the tabletop version, they're not a 1:1 port like, for example, Blood Bowl. Instead of the classic approach where one player takes a full turn with all their units and then the opposite player does the same, this game features an initiative ladder that jumps back and forth between units of either side, with each unit taking all its actions for the round before moving on to the next. This is rounded out with the ability to delay a unit's turn until later that round, or to set up ambushes for the enemy to stumble into.
The maps tend to feature lots of narrow alleys and verticality, with plenty of spaces to climb up or jump down elevation changes or to leap over dangerous chasms. Enemy units are only visible to you if they're within the line of sight of one of your own units, so there's lots of room for sneakiness and surprises. Traps and neutral monsters are also strewn all over the place, making careful and foresighted maneuvering probably the most important skill in the game.

Multiplayer
Without a doubt the heart of the game. Players create and customise their own warband and take them up in 1 on 1 games against other players and their bands. While straight deathmatch is an option, the standard gamemode will be focused on scavenging pieces of wyrdstone and other loot from around the map while trying to keep the enemy from doing the same. Maps will be procedurally generated to a degree, though you can also opt to just use a premade one. Usually the XP/loot gained and injuries suffered are permanent and stick with your warband from game to game, but there's also the option of just playing a friendly game with those features disabled.

Singleplayer
Not much seems to be known about this as of yet, but the game is set to feature skirmishes against the AI as well as a full-fledged campaign.

Factions
There are going to be four factions in the full game, though not much is known about their in-game mechanical differences as of yet:

Human Mercenaries

Some of these have been hired by a neighboring duchy to find out just what is even going on in Mordheim, others might just be looking for some riches to scavenge. They seem to favour a balanced approach with powerful ranged weapons as well as destructive magic.

Skaven Clan Eshin

Not much is known about the motivations of the Skaven, but the Wyrdstone seems to be just as prized among them as among humans. They tend to be highly mobile and sneaky, but in return are rather frail in open combat.

Sisters of Sigmar

The fortress-convent of the Sisters of Sigmar has miraculously survived the impact of the comet almost unscathed, but for that stroke of luck they've been branded witches and heretics by the church. They seek to redeem themselves by fighting off the mutants and daemons in the city and trying to gather and hide away the corrupting wyrdstone. They tend to wear heavy armor and have access to divine magic.

The Cult of the Possessed

These warriors are the former inhabitants of Mordheim who have fully embraced the corruption that the wyrdstone brings with it. They gather it up and use it to curry favour with a deity they call the Shadowlord, seeing the horrific mutations they often suffer as boons of his. They are fearsome in melee combat and have access to chaos magic.

:siren:Release:siren:
The game has now been properly released and... well, frankly it's not very good. Many of the issues that had been plaguing it during EA made it into the release version, and some of those are so basic that it's unclear whether they'll ever be addressed post-release.. Underneath it all there's still the core of a potentially good game, but you really have to dig in to get there.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no dwarf treasure hunters? game is dead on loving arrival

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Definitely been enjoying the early access, although mostly for now I'm waiting for the ability to build my own warbands.

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
the early access of this has been a blast.

Can't wait to have my own peg-leg rat man warriors.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
This looks awesome, but it's literally a sin that this exists while a Necromunda game does not.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I really like that the setting seems to be STALKER: Shadow of Warhammer.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I remember when this game came out way back in 1999. Christ it doesn't feel like 15 years ago. I only remember because I was hanging out at a Games Workshop store alot in those days.

Anyway this game is early access so I have to give it a miss, at least until its a bit further down the line.

Keeping a close eye on it anyway, as what Ive already seen looks good :)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

HardKase posted:

I remember when this game came out way back in 1999. Christ it doesn't feel like 15 years ago. I only remember because I was hanging out at a Games Workshop store alot in those days.

Anyway this game is early access so I have to give it a miss, at least until its a bit further down the line.

Keeping a close eye on it anyway, as what Ive already seen looks good :)

Fortunately, the developers have stated that one of the next updates to the early access is set to include actual warband customisation, so since that's likely going to be the meat of the game we'll be able to better judge the overall quality at that point.

Also, they've recently released a small pdf going into detail about the different (currently available) character types, their equipment, and their abilities: http://bit.ly/WarbandsComp

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

This looks awesome, but it's literally a sin that this exists while a Necromunda game does not.

I'm hoping that this will be successful enough to get us one.

Also there's apparently an Armageddon game now, too?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Looks like the Sisters of Sigmar are coming very soon (or maybe they're in it now? I couldn't tell from the post on Facebook).

E: Ah, on Steam it says we get the Sisters tomorrow.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Colonial Air Force posted:

Looks like the Sisters of Sigmar are coming very soon (or maybe they're in it now? I couldn't tell from the post on Facebook).

E: Ah, on Steam it says we get the Sisters tomorrow.

Yeah, the update is here now, and along with the Sisters it also includes the first peek at Warband customisation:

By and large, it's looking pretty drat nice. You can fine-tune the equipment of each and every one of your units to a fairly fine degree, though right now it's still limited to just weapons and armor. Each weapon has its own unique properties and niche. Big two-handed choppers offer huge damage but are tiring to use or easier to dodge, hammers and flails ignore some of the enemy armor, swords and maces are easier to hit with, daggers and spears make it more difficult to dodge. You can choose between four tiers of armor, each of them offering progressively better protection in exchange for a loss in mobility and initiative.

While time will tell how well it'll actually work in practice, just seeing the scope and detail they're aiming for is making me quite a bit more optimistic about this game. Personalising your warband and playing fantasy-Barbie is usually the biggest draw of these games, and it's nice to see that they're not sacrificing anything there.

Celt des Ghoules
Nov 9, 2014
I've been fervently hoping for this game to be good, given that it's one of my very favourite settings. Used to play it with my brother back in the day; would be great to stand before the Gargoyle Gate once more.

Has there been any word on cosmetic customisation? I heartily agree that making the characters in your warband your own is very important. The extensive modification of equipment is the vital starting point of course, but incidental changes like armour style and character features would be great as well. Everything needs fish nailed to everything!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Oh my god, I was 10 when I first saw this come out and always wanted to play it! Can't wait to customise a warband and end up with several skull wounded skaven.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Celt des Ghoules posted:

I've been fervently hoping for this game to be good, given that it's one of my very favourite settings. Used to play it with my brother back in the day; would be great to stand before the Gargoyle Gate once more.

Has there been any word on cosmetic customisation? I heartily agree that making the characters in your warband your own is very important. The extensive modification of equipment is the vital starting point of course, but incidental changes like armour style and character features would be great as well. Everything needs fish nailed to everything!

I haven't heard either way, but I'd be surprised if, at the very least, you couldn't change color schemes.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I'm all in on this. I was one of those middle school kids who got sold on this by some dastardly gw employee. We busted the miniatures out again after high school, poo poo was really fun. They're doing a great job so far.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Greenskin Warband and Dwarf Warband and I'm sold. Til then? I'm FROLD!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dandywalken posted:

Greenskin Warband and Dwarf Warband and I'm sold. Til then? I'm FROLD!

Same, but throw in High Elves. :colbert:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
If anyone is Interested I can make some videos today of the tutorial sections of the game. And if there's anyone on here who wants to have a skirmish, add me on steam and we'll record and post it.

Same name on steam.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I didnt record them, but just played through all the tutorials, this game is really fun. On fantastic graphical setting it doesnt look bad either! The Final Mission where you play as the Cult bugged for me though during an enemy turn and just froze the game up.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mordheim is really promising so far. It'll probably be something pretty special for anyone who likes XCOM. And giant rats.

On another note Warhammer Quest was released on Steam recently. It's a shoddy port of a mobile game and absolutly rotten with microtransactions so I won't outright recomend it. On the other hand it' very faithfull to the boardgame so if you have any nostalgic feelings toward it or Hero Quest you'll probably be very happy with it. My advice would be to get the bullshit special edition since you'll want all the heroes and undead factions. Oh and watch some youtubes first so you know how butt ugly it is.
It really is a shame that they dind't make a proper game with the liscense but what is there is really fun.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Is this worth buying in its current state? I've never played the original game but I like Blood Bowl and XCOM a bunch.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Jack the Lad posted:

Is this worth buying in its current state? I've never played the original game but I like Blood Bowl and XCOM a bunch.

Not at the moment, no. It looks like it will be very much worth it down the road, though, and there is a slight discount for purchasing it early. I played through the tutorials and did a random fight or two (progression isn't in yet) but there isn't much to it at the moment.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jack the Lad posted:

Conceptually, Mordheim is probably going to be right up your alley if you like those games, once it's finished. Basically, if Blood Bowl were in the same state as this is right now, then you'd be able to create and customise new teams and play one-off matches with them, but there'd be no progression at all, no level-ups or money gain or any of that. The things that are ultimately gonna be the main draw and meat of the game and tie everything together like character/warband progression, unique items, laddders/rankings etc, have not yet been implemented. It's fun for a few hours to gently caress around with and explore all the options, but it doesn't really stand on its own quite yet. Since the actual release is supposed to happen this very quarter anyways (and with at least one set of Early Access updates before that), it's probably best to hold off for the time being.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 12, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jack the Lad posted:

I think that some of it is how you define "worth buying". If it means a game that is feature complete and polished then no. If it means something that is fun if rudimentary, but with a ton of potential, then absolutely yes. Giving this studio $35 or whatever it cost in the hopes of one day getting an awesome Mordheim game was more than worth it for me; that I get to play a decent alpha framework while I wait is just icing on the cake. I think that's basically the point of early access though; you're investing in a game's development, not buying a game. In the meantime you get to play with what they've got so far, and when it is finished you get the finished product as the return on your investment. Not every investment pans out though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

no dwarf treasure hunters? game is dead on loving arrival

half naked suicidal dwarves make everything better

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Got a 767MB patch today.

Here are some patch notes:

--

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
MORDHEIM: CITY OF THE DAMNED - EARLY ACCES PHASE 3 -

Postby Epy » 03 February 2015, 16:08
Hello Everyone,

Rogue Factor and Focus are proud to provide you with this second update of the Early Access. Like we did before, we want to present you a list of all the updates that come with this version, but also the known issues and limitations of this Early Access version.

Updates

Our second content update is 0.16.4.2 and it provides the following new features:

- A new playable Warband: The Cult of the Possessed.

- Reserves in Warband management: Warbands now have "reserves" you can choose from, to organize your Units before going to combat, based on their class and cost.

- All actions described in the tutorials are now available: Search and pray are now possible during Missions.

- New Extra objectives: With the search action now available, various extra objectives have been added as a new option to the Skirmish games (Marked for Death, Crush their Will, Wyrdstone Rush).

- Turn timer is now available in Skirmish: As requested by our community of Players, you can now set a time limit for a Unit turn.

As we already stated, we value the input of our players and we've done some adjustment according to the feedback we gathered:

General Changes

The Actions of Search and Pray have been added in the game
Search and Pray cost no Strategy Points but confirm movements
Impressive units now take the place of 2 Heroes, so a Warband with an Impressive unit is capped at 9 units. The goal is to give more variations to Warbands and let the Player decide if they want to use either an Impressive or 2 Heroes
The unit “Sigmar’s Zealot” was renamed to “Sigmar's Purifier”
Players can now gather Wyrdstones. Gathering Wyrdstones has chances to trigger a random Warp Effect on pick up
Added a temporary boost to all AI units of 30% Wounds to increase challenge. More work will be done on AI decisions and boosts in the future
Skill description is available in the Wheel during Missions
Tweaked delete campaign button to be more accessible
Made inventory equipment screen more usable with the mouse
Added descriptions in Skirmish menus
You can now end your turn if you run out of actions in a friendly circle

Item Changes

Dagger now reduce dodge chances of their enemies
Spear now reduce dodge chances of their enemies
Fixed an issue where the Maiden of Sigmar couldn’t re-equip shields if the initial one was removed
Weapons and armor got perks stats adjusted to fit with the new system
Added the item Perks “No Dodge” and “No Parry”
Light armor got an increase in armor absorption
Heavy armor now reduces movement by 2 meters per circle
Helmet lost it’s Critical resistance and got a Stun Resistance bonus instead
Helmet, Light Armor and Heavy Armor penalty to spell casting now properly only affect arcane spells, not divine spells
Weeping Blades now properly apply a stackable poison debuff
Warplock Pistols now properly apply a stackable Warp ammo debuff
Tiring effect is now properly triggered after a Charge
Having no item equipped in the Offhand slot will now equip a “fist” which provides a bonus to Initiative and Dodge (for now this might not work for the Alternate Weapon Set yet)

Stat Changes

Agility now increases dodge chances by 5% per points and Athletic actions by 3% per point
Base roll for Dodge is now 0%
Base roll for Leap is now 50%
Base rolls for Climb are 60% for 3m/ 50% for 6 m / 40% for 9 m
Base rolls for Jump down are 60% for 3m/ 50% for 6 m / 40% for 9 m
Strength now increases melee damage by 3% per point
Toughness now increases Poison Resistance by 4% per point
Base roll for Poison resistance check is now 10%
Leadership now increases Psychological tests by 4% per point
Base roll of Fear, Terror, All Alone and Routing roll is now 10%
Intelligence now increases spell damage by 3% and Stupidity roll by 4% per points
Base roll for Stupidity is now 20%
Alertness now increases Range Resistance by 2% and Perception by 4% per point
Base roll for Perception is now 20%
Weapon Skill now increases Melee Resistance by 2% and Parry tests by 3% per point
Base roll for Parry is now 0%
Parrying successfully will reduce the cost of a Counter-Attack made right after by 1 OP
Base roll to hit in Melee is now 95%
Ballistic Skill now increases range damage by 3% per point
Base roll to hit in Range is now 90%
Shooting a target engaged in Melee now has a -30% penalty

Combat Changes

Increased the All Alone flee distance
Initiative is now based only on the Active weapon set and is recalculated at the beginning of every combat Round. Switching weapons will not affect the Initiative Ladder immediately
Adjusted Tutorials to work with the new Initiative modifications
The cost of Disengage has been increased to 2SP and 2 OP
The cost of Flee has been increased from nothing to 1SP
The Charge ability has been reviewed and modified as follow: the cost has increased to 3 OP, chances to hit penalty is reduced to -10% and damage bonus is increased to +50%. The extra movement remains as it was, the movement of your character.
The Aim ability has been reviewed an modified as followed: the cost has been changed to 2 OP and 2 SP, the hit bonus reduced to +20% and the crit bonus remains +5%
Skill cost of a multitude of skills has been adjusted to reflect the combat system changes to 2 and 3 OP costs of base attacks.

Skills changes

Fixed an issue where Strong Blow bonus was always applied and shouldn’t be applied
Every units now have a unique starting skill that cannot be trained by anyone else (only a few units share the same one which is “Fear”).
All previous Early Access skills has been removed from characters and placed back in the pool of trainable skills.
Skaven
Assassin Adept = Night Master: Reduce the cost of Ambush by 1 OP and increase damage dealt with Ambush attacks by 10%.
Eshin Sorcerer = Warp Resonance: After gathering a wyrdstone, the spell damage of the warrior increases by 10% for 1 turn. Stackable.
Black Skaven = Perfect Killer: Every melee attacks of the warrior bypass 2 points of Armor Absorption of the victims.
Night Runner = Fleet-footed: After a successful Leap or Jump Down, the warrior gains a movement bonus of 3 meters for 1 turn. Stackable.
Rat Ogre = Fear: When an enemy enters or start its turn in the warrior's threat zone, he might suffer from fear effects. The victim must perform a leadership test. If the test succeeds, the victim will be immune to fear for 2 turns. If the test fails, the victim becomes afraid and suffers from a penalty to hit in melee by -50% until it overcome its fear. On every turn, the victim will try to shake the fear off.
Verminkin = Warp rage: After gathering a wyrdstone, the melee damage of the warrior increases by 10% for 1 turn. Stackable.
Warpguard = Warp immunity: The warrior is immune to the random effects of Wyrdstones.
Human Mercenaries
Captain = Swift reaction: The warrior's chances to Parry are increased by 10%. After a successful Parry, the cost of Counter-Attack is reduced by 1 OP if it's performed right after.
Champion = Adaptable defense: Every time the warrior deals melee damage, his melee resistance increases by 5% for 1 turn. Stackable.
Warlock = Concentration: The warrior increases the chances cast the next spell by 15%. The next action taken must be to cast a spell or the effect is lost.
Youngblood = Squire’s curse: The warrior launch a melee attack that will prevent the enemy from switching weapons for 1 turn if successful.
Ogre Mercenary = Fear: see Rat Ogre
Marksmen = Chain shot: After dealing range damage, the warrior gains an increased 10% chances to hit in range until next turn. Stackable.
Warrior = Momentum: After dealing melee damage, the warrior gains an increased 20% chances to hit in melee. The next action taken must be a melee attack or skill or the effect is lost.
Sisters of Sigmar
Matriarch = Divine fervor: Every time the warrior successfully casts a spell, the cost of melee attack or charge is reduced by 1 OP. The next action taken must be a melee attack or skill or the effect is lost.
Augur = Sigmar’s sight: Increase Perception chances by {1}% and the Perception cost is reduced to 0 SP.
Sigmar’s Purifier = Unsettling charge: When performing a Charge, the warrior breaks the Parry or Dodge stance of the victim.
Sister Superior = For Sigmar!: The warrior imbue an ally with the spirit of Sigmar, increasing its movement by 3 meters for 1 turn.
Maiden of Sigmar = Sigmar’s chosen: The Range resistance of the warrior is increased by 200%.
Sister = Repentance: After gathering a wyrdstone, the movement of the warrior increases by 2 meters for 1 turn. Stackable.
Novice = Military training: After dealing melee damage, the warrior gains an increased 5% chances to dodge for 1 turn. Stackable.
Possessed
Magister = Blood sacrifice: After dealing melee damage, the warrior's spells cost 1 less OP. The next action taken must be casting a spell or the effect is lost.
Marauder = Norse charge: When performing a Charge, the warrior's gain a 20% damage bonus to melee attacks and skills for 1 turn. Not stackable.
Mutant = Shadow Lord’s touch: After gathering a wyrdstone, the melee and range critical chances of the warrior increases by 3% for 1 turn. Stackable.
Possessed = Fear: see Rat Ogre
Chaos Spawn = Terror: When an enemy enters or start its turn in the warrior's threat zone, he might suffer from terror effects. The victim must perform a leadership test. If the test succeeds, the victim will be immune to terror for 2 turns. If the test fails, the victim becomes terrified and loses all remaining Offense Points. At the start of its turn, it if the victim fails a leadership roll, its maximum Offense and Strategy points will be reduced by 3. On every turn, the victim will try to shake the fear off.
Darksoul = Crazed: The warrior is immune to All Alone, Fear and Terror effects.
Brethren = Lurker: The warrior has 15% more chances to hit enemies with range attacks while in Overwatch stance.

Known Issues

Because the game is still in development, some issues remain and could not be fixed in this version or have been discovered since its release. This is a list of the known issues we are aware of so far:

- Invisible Walls: There might be some invisible walls between two buildings or a building and the street, but the unit should always have another way to go about it.

- Loading might still be long: We've been working on optimizing the loading time in the previous patch and manage to get good results but there's still room for improvement. We've added a tiny animation at the bottom right corner of the screen to show you the loading is still happening and the game's not freeze.

- Potential Graphical Bug and Xray: We still have work to do on our camera and we are evaluating the best option to do so right now, we used to have an xray system which would cut through the walls, but it seems it created a weird graphical bug (objects would render black/white, much like Sin City). We removed the xray for now and we will be working on a better solution for this issue.

- Attacking AI through a wall: It's possible to engage another unit through a wall, even if it's not visible to your current unit. If you do so against the AI, it won't be able to compute the action and the game will freeze leaving you no other choice but closing the game.

- Using the mouse in GUI with higher screen resolution: We would recommend not to play the game with a screen resolution higher than 1920x1080 as some GUI asset might become difficult to click.

- Information in the Lobby: There are some issues with the information displayed when refreshing the list in the lobby. You might see, for example, a lobby joined by a Steam Friend that is not available to you and that you won't be able to join.

- Switching to another program while playing: If you use Alt-Tab or minimize/maximize the game window while playing or loading, you might end up with a game crash or misbehaving game.

- Unit stat not updating on item selection: When you assign an item to a unit, in the customization screen, the unit stats will not update automatically on screen.

- Desynchronisation during online skirmish: You might encounter some random desynchronization while playing a skirmish online. We are investing everything that might cause such problem and all the feedback we can get from you will be very helpful.

- Units spawning on top of each others: You might sometime start a Skirmish online game with units from both Warbands starting at the same location and standing on top of one another. It seems the issue could be related to settings being changed in the lobby while another player is joining the lobby and more likely to happen with Merchant map 2 & 4.

- Controller issues in the hideout: You can't delete a game with a game controller, enter the inventory screen of your character, or confirm a new game creation in Skirmish. You will have to use the mouse to confirm those actions.

If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. The general discussion forum is very hard for us to navigate as there is a lot of movement, so we only look at it briefly.

If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log found in your steam install directory: Steam\SteamApps\common\mordheim\mordheim_Data\output_log.txt

Email this log to logs at rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can return to it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's also 33% off, which is good for me but god, has to be a kick in the balls for people who bought full-price.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Pierson posted:

It's also 33% off, which is good for me but god, has to be a kick in the balls for people who bought full-price.

Been waiting for a sale - thanks for the heads up.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Got a 767MB patch today.

This makes me hopeful that we are actually going to get a quality game when it is complete. It would be a nice change to the usual GW WFB/Fantasy video game track record.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Wait, is this game still expected to release Q1 of this year? Cause that would mean... in so many weeks. Has that been pushed back or is it still on track?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Wait, is this game still expected to release Q1 of this year? Cause that would mean... in so many weeks. Has that been pushed back or is it still on track?

As far as I can tell there have been no statements related to pushing it back from the devs, so it seems like they're still aiming for that. The mechanical core of the game is fairly far along already, at this point they :airquote:only:airquote: need to implement the progression system and some more maps and they'd be pretty much done, excepting bug-fixes and optimisation.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Been waiting for a sale - thanks for the heads up.

This makes me hopeful that we are actually going to get a quality game when it is complete. It would be a nice change to the usual GW WFB/Fantasy video game track record.

Hell, this looks like quality compared to that dreadful Warmachines game that was out on early access last year and that was trying to fill the same turn based army skirmish niche.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DeathSandwich posted:

Hell, this looks like quality compared to that dreadful Warmachines game that was out on early access last year and that was trying to fill the same turn based army skirmish niche.

And it's fully released and still pretty poo poo.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Definitely needs optimization, it takes forever for a map to load.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

DeathSandwich posted:

Just because it's better than a game that is literally poorly made garbage does not mean it's anywhere near ready for release. I mean just reading the above known issues in patch notes will tell you this game is still in early alpha. There is no way releasing this in Q1 will result in an acceptable functional game.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alwaysbeclosing

Im online right now and looking for some games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I accidentally bought a copy of this for the wrong person, so I've got an extra for 20 bucks if anyone wants it.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Neo Rasa posted:

This.

Also, what are people's thoughts on this that haven't played the original board game? The gameplay preview I watched made things look REALLY random, with a lot of abilities just having a chance to fail completely as opposed to doing a partial success.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Brackhar posted:

This.

Also, what are people's thoughts on this that haven't played the original board game? The gameplay preview I watched made things look REALLY random, with a lot of abilities just having a chance to fail completely as opposed to doing a partial success.

There are no partial successes. For attacks, this isn't such an issue, but from what I've seen, they've kept with the GW mantra of "You want to do something? Roll some dice to see if you do anything at all. Maybe you'll even get to gently caress up horribly and ruin the rest of the game for yourself". This includes climbing, jumping down ledges, casting spells(including buffs and heals) and so forth. The percentages for most things are pretty high, but that will just make those times when you fail feel so much worse.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Captain Invictus posted:

I accidentally bought a copy of this for the wrong person, so I've got an extra for 20 bucks if anyone wants it.

I nobody has claimed it by the 13th post in the thread. That's when I get paid and I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Len posted:

I nobody has claimed it by the 13th post in the thread. That's when I get paid and I'd be interested in taking it off your hands.

Spoken like a true Skaven.

• Locked thread