Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Really enjoying this game so far. It's pretty, it's been translated well. I can't say I agree with all the complaints about the camera or the interface. I've been playing with a controller and the game is solid and works perfectly.

Looks like people were expecting another X-Com, but the tabletop rules translate to that even less than what they've got going here.

So far I've made super-heavy rats and Slaanesh based dodgy Chaos and everything is great. I will agree with the above complaints about the campaign. While I find it servicable, a map with a set number of warbands that you can encounter, that are persistent would have let me form more attachment. A persistent online campaign would also have been great through. Playing with your friends and pitting your warbands against one-another and watching how the campaign develops it pretty much the reason main reason both Mordheim and Necromunda were great. As it is, it's a fun little tactical system that lets me grow my dudes as I see fit.

Also the whole RNG loving over your warbands thing? You have to come into it with the Bloodbowl mindset. The RNG will gently caress you over, people will die and your warband may become irredeemably hosed. You just have to shrug and start again. Luckily there's the veteran system there that makes that easier and rewards multiple warband playthoughs.

EDIT: For example, the aforementioned Slaanesh warband just bit the big one against some Sisters who hosed their poo poo up royally. Two dead veterans and my leader getting a mix of some awful mental traits. Back to the drawing board.

Who was the next warband on the development list anyway, Dwarf Treasue-Hunters? I want Beastmen personally, but I am betting they are not popular.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
All I know is my Skaven just spent an entire match dancing around the rooftops dodging in and out of Sisters' engagement zones, jumping up and down buildings in sheer panic because ladies are loving deadly. All that while my Gutter Runner snuck around and grabbed their Idol, heavily denting their morale and allowing me to win by frantically peppering their Matriarch with shuriken from the rafters.

poo poo was pretty great.

Hey if you want to break the game down to numbers and grind you can do that in Blood Bowl too with blodge everything make a square and grind down the field. If you're Choas makes sure to get your claws too! Numbers numbers numbers. We need some of the more exotic bands in the game really. Skaven are great as an agile extreme, but the other three are too similar really. Should have had Dwarves and their lack of mobility in from the start. Having a Slayer run around at full clip murdering people would have been neat too.

Hell, Carnival of Chaos would also have been pretty great.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 28, 2015

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Skirmishes and Story missions featuring your guide.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
And here's the game being given a very positive light by Extra Credits' Games You May Not Have Tried series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgt0MhCWZmE&t=178s

Relatively glowing from a bunch of games designers.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Whenever I hear someone say this, they usually mean "it's not like XCOM".

As it stands, game is a tad jank, but if you can get it on sale there's still fun to be had.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
On the other hand, for the price alot of people are paying, it's a pretty loving fun little game. Sorry to those that wanted XCOM again, but with rats.

• Locked thread