Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Been waiting for a sale - thanks for the heads up.

This makes me hopeful that we are actually going to get a quality game when it is complete. It would be a nice change to the usual GW WFB/Fantasy video game track record.

Hell, this looks like quality compared to that dreadful Warmachines game that was out on early access last year and that was trying to fill the same turn based army skirmish niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I mean, in my mind's eye there's two ways to handle the translation from a tabletop game to a video game. You can keep the rules intact and try and port the game over wholesale like they do with blood bowl, or you can throw out the tabletop rules in favor of having a game mechanically fun to play on the PC like Dawn of War does and Total Warhammer is going to try and do. Trying to find the middle ground between the two approaches is how you wind up with games like this and that godawful Warmachines game. Granted this isn't nearly on the same level of bad video game as Warmachines, there is just so much better it could of done had they not tried to do a Psuedo-Tabletop-But-Also-Not-Really approach like they did here. It's a shame that this isn't great since it will kind of stomp on my dreams of having a Necromunda game in the vein of XCom.

• Locked thread