Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I thought they'd abandoned it to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sigmar ladies are the most boring team because of lack of range.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Man I really suck at this game. Is there a map function so I can group my guys up? I couldn't see one in the controls.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Thank you, knower of controls

Seriously, that's made it so much easier

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I really want to be able to give people some sort of attachment for the severed arm. Nail a shield to the stump or something, drat the reasons why it won't work.

I actually really like ranged. I did a mission where I was split up and my two archers started in a house overlooking the courtyard. The AI had to deal with my parry superstar guys while getting shot in the back, it was great.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Spellcasters get good right? The human one starts with blinding light and i'm basically using him as another youngblood.

On that note, I figured out where the enemies spawn on the relic of Sigmar mission. By the end of it I had lost two guys, they lost 27.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Safety Factor posted:

I have a hunch it may be a little buggy.

Yeah all of the guys kept spawning in one place for around 20 turns. Luthor, and two henchmen kept knocking them down as fast as they could spawn while everyone else cleared. The second guy I lost (wizard got knocked out first) was bullshitted as a reinforcement spawned in a room he'd just cleared and got ambushed from behind. I'm a little annoyed he didn't lose a leg or something though, I want a team of crippled people.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Does this game not support 1280 x 1024 or higher? I've got a bigger screen than 1280 x 800 but I can't get it to go higher

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Not got a clue, i'll redownload then.

On a second note, I find myself alt - f4ing out at higher levels if I "ambush" an enemy cart. All this means is that i'm going to lose a guy or two in the first turn before I can do anything anyway. They really need to make the maps a little bigger so you don't get the "hah gently caress you half your team is locked down" before you get control of anyone.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I actually upped initiative on all my guys, with a warband level and I still find that I just get an important unit left alone and engaged/surrounded before he can move.

Its kinda ruining the game for me. They need bigger maps, failing that they may as well be going "hah gently caress you" and starting you with a smaller warband.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Brutal and hard isn't really the same thing as "hahaha, you're losing squad members before you even get a turn". Its like that kid in school who starts every game by going "i'm ultra powerful so half your guys run away!". Except your guys can actually die/get effects that carry over to every other battle you do.

If the tabletop was like that i'm not surprised its one I've never seen played. Doesn't seem that fun

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

always be closing posted:

Its a rough town.

Starting to notice that

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh, i'm actually pretty far in, i'm just getting tired of having to replace dudes due to them starting in lovely locations is all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I really like it, but I tend to play it and watch something on another screen at the same time. I couldn't imagine playing it and not doing anything else.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
To be honest, at least this is a perfectly serviceable game. Its just that Mordheim really doesn't translate well to video game format, apparently.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I fully agree. I have moments in blood bowl where i've managed to stall for an entire half with the score being 1-1 and then make ridiculous plays to knock a guy down, pick up a ball in a tackle zone, jump out, long pass it across the match and run it in to win on the very last turn.

You don't get anything close to that in mordheim. All you get is "all alone check: fail" and your guys killing a dude or dying.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's just it, to play an agile race you really have to play skaven and even then you'll be disengaging half the time because the rooftops aren't really hard to get onto.

Sure i've got some good fighters, but i'm not particularly impressed with the game. Maybe Mordheim 2 if it gets made will be less clunky.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Normal Adult Human posted:

uhh its called wyrdstone, if it had anything to do with the warp it wouldn't be so widely used.

I admit, I also call it warpstone. It's easier to remember

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Archers are definitely not useless if you get them in a good position. The map with the courtyard is a good example, I had two archers in a house and my other three dudes outside fighting. By the time someone got to my three guys, they could just hammer them down because they'd already lost a bunch of health.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Not from what i've seen. Pretty annoyed about the lack of weapons that people can use in this game, i'd like a badass human who throws ninja stars for christ sake.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I have gotten 27 hours out of this game that I thoroughly hate.

I keep playing it though, because i hate myself more.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I had fun with this game and its loving atrocious.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you're going to play this game i'd just recommend that you take it for what it is and not what you want it to be.

It's better that way :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Rats are really fun, but this game needs more buildings with multiple climbing points. Having to chase a rat up a 3 story hosed up building is a giant pain in the rear end and makes ranged characters actually fun.

• Locked thread