Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm at the library mission right now, and it's like that was specifically made to showcase all the bad parts about the game, ugh :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You really can get attached to your guys. My main ambusher, who was incredibly deadly with his daggers and ambush skills, lost a loving leg and can't ambush any more. I wanted to get rid of him at first, but honestly he's the only original Warband member left. Even my captain got replaced once (Cant be a good Leader and be Stupid). I ended up sparing him and giving him a crossbow. I don't care if he's not very good with it, he's staying on the team.

Yeah, this is one of the things that does really make the game fun, my warband is missing enough limbs for a whole new person right now. Forcing Iron Man is a really good decision.

I just wish there was more variety in skills and equipment and effects of level-up, like people said. This "increase some stat by a tiny percentage" stuff makes it feel so unimpressive and kinda boring. Still having lots of fun with the single player campaign though, it's just that you can really see some clear ways how they could have made the game better when you play it. Hopefully we'll get some expansions or patches in the future. I'm hoping they add Necromancers or Middenheim as new factions next :allears:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 7, 2015

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My human wizard so far is just a guy who stabs people and sometimes has his head explode. Hopefully there's some actually useful spells to learn.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I feel like that achievement is a little bugged, because the Leader in question looks like this :v:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogstile posted:

Archers are definitely not useless if you get them in a good position. The map with the courtyard is a good example, I had two archers in a house and my other three dudes outside fighting. By the time someone got to my three guys, they could just hammer them down because they'd already lost a bunch of health.

In my mercenray warband I've got three archers with handguns, and if you place them in a smart position they can really do loads of damage to soften up some of the more dangerous enemies. I don't know about the chaos archers though, can they use guns?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, you can keep trying story missions over and over and theyre all bullshit like that :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Promontory posted:

That's the feeling I got. It would be nice if the game would tell you more about the mission at first. "You'll have to take down that ogre" was a nasty surprise, it flattened one of my heroes after some bad rolls. I tried to find an alternative way into the garrison (I wish the map was more useful) but the only way to go was to brave the overwatch of 3-4 mercs. All of my guys took wounds, but managed to get inside. Then a demon showed up :v:

I might have been able to finish the mission, but I lost my will to go on once I saw a merc spawn in as a "reinforcement" in a cellar I had just cleared. Also I would've had to beat up another demon in an even smaller space.

e: I picked the option to immediately quit the mission when loading it. The game went and gave permanent wounds to characters who hadn't even been knocked out. :negative:

Yeah. to quit a story mission that's clearly going wrong you have to kill off your special character that's not allowed to die, otherwise it puts everyone out of action.

And I think the reinforcement mechanic of the story missions is the thing I hate the most. It feels like youre being punished for doing well.

• Locked thread