Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Chaos.jpg

Tl;dr the literally first spell cast by the enemy chaos sorceror is a self-buff called Boon of Chaos - hilariously fails his Curse roll, immediately gets hit by 6666 damage.

Fake edit: This game has its issues (Load times are pretty bad even on SSD, and some UI issues like not being able to see units' backpack contents - the latter being a biggie on some story missions), but I'm having a great time with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

playing skaven vs the ai feels really silly and really puts the spotlight on where the ai is lacking. skaven vs humans feels really abusive where they dont use their range to an advantage, they just run into a wall of shurikens and ambushes over and over, but playing skaven lets me harvest all the warpstone on the map without being gangbanged somewhere else on the map.

Give it a few levels. Once your warband hits 5+ the lack of toughness on skaven really becomes obvious where you leaders have to be hit and run. Black skaven and your leader are still really good offensively, but the Swarm and Hit and Run passives are really worth getting.

Leveling new dudes also seems stupid hard once your warband hits rank 5. Twice now I've 'lost' (both times they got Megalomania) a sorceror to a twoshot. I just want a good sorceror without paying 1.4k gold :(.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I just started a Chaos warband and man, being used to Skaven this is a real difference. Darksouls are great when/if they hit, but lack of disengage and decent parry early on is pretty hard.

• Locked thread