Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've watched some lovely PPVs today in order to lower my expectations. It'll probably be bad, but will it be Mayhem in Manchester or No Mercy UK 1999 bad? Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

lets be real here, the only thing i get to look forward to is team cena vs team authority. the slightest hint that they could be out of power soon makes me really happy.

I'd like to believe, but even when The Authority gets dropped I give it like, maybe a week or two tops before they have another heel authority figure in their place.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just wait till we get an RKO outta nowhere, then business will pick up

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'd like to believe, but even when The Authority gets dropped I give it like, maybe a week or two tops before they have another heel authority figure in their place.

Well Bard Maddox could slip right in!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hornswoggle.

The answer is always Hornswoggle.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Last year's show has to be a contender.

they at least built up a full card for that show

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i am starting to think that giving this away for free is only going to convince people to never sign up for the network ever

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Sting will descend from the rafters while holding Grumpy Cat and they will both glower at Team Authority

the cat will have Sting's face-paint on it.

Alternately, Sting will really be Grumpy the Cat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Valeyard posted:

hopefully some variant of the orchestral version that they/2k recorded for the game trailer

http://tindeck.com/listen/ohwc

That would make the most sense.

But it does not, however, contain the lyrics "He does this, he does that, He big as bull, & quick as a cat"

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Suben posted:

Alternately, Sting will really be Grumpy the Cat.

Grumpy Cat will take off the Sting mask to reveal it was CM Punk all along.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Given the card's so small I can only assume that the survivor series match is going to be really, really long and people won't be pinned off of clotheslines so that should be fun right up until the finish.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I hope Paige and Natalya have the highly entertaining match they are absolutely capable of and the other women have the good grace to be eliminated quickly.
I hope Nikki Bella wins clean and there are no Brie Bella shenanigans and this is the end of everything because I am so loving tired of AJ Lee.
I hope the Dusts win clean and Mizdow turns on Miz to great effect, preferably joining the Dusts. Weeks of Sandust to come.
I hope Ambrose and Bray have the kind of 30-minute, 5* brawl that hasn't been seen since the early 00s, with WWE blowing most of the PPV's budget on as much occult bullshit as physically possible.
I hope everybody in the main event comes off looking strong, the more midcard guys get ample time to show off and the main eventers don't get bogged down in an overbooked clusterfuck.

I am preparing to drown in despair by the end of the night.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll be okay with Sting not being there as long as Orton makes up for it by appearing and tricking Seth Rollins by wearing an Orton mask at ringside

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Given the card's so small I can only assume that the survivor series match is going to be really, really long and people won't be pinned off of clotheslines so that should be fun right up until the finish.

That would be cool, but unfortunately we will probably just get 2/3 last minute matches that will turn out anywhere from dreadful to ok

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hope the crowd takes a hint from Baron Corbin/NXT and count down the Divas match.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Dias posted:

I hope the crowd takes a hint from Baron Corbin/NXT and count down the Divas match.

I hope not because that's lame.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Grumpy Cat will take off the Sting mask to reveal it was CM Punk all along.

Grumpy Cat will be in the audience wearing a Grumpy Cat mask and interfere before taking it off.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The only way I want to see Grumpy Cat back is if Snitsky is punting it into the rafters where the Stinger is waiting

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Survivor series episode of countdown is on right now if anyone cares

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

but enough about the divas match

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Dias posted:

I hope no crowd ever takes a hint from NXT

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

but enough about the divas match

It'll be the length of five Diva's matches. A whole seven minutes.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

People give this poo poo but I think it's funny as hell

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Solomonic posted:

I hope no crowd ever takes a hint from NXT
Yeah except for chanting Ole, the NXT crowds are pretty poo poo with their chants.

Dias posted:

So you want a crowd of Green Lantern Fan Fans?

I bet there are going to be quite a few matches added in without build

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What's your favorite Survivor Series show? Mine was 2002. It had Elimination Chamber 1 which was cool, a 6 man table match, and a Paul Heyman heel turn.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Jayou posted:

Valeyard may be right. Im using Unblock US and tested access through Mac, Apple TV and iPad. Which VPN are you using?

I use hideipvpn. It still let's me access the US Netflix but a few months ago it stopped letting me access hulu so maybe it is just the VPN after all.

Thanks for the help though. At least I know another VPN might work!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

What's your favorite Survivor Series show? Mine was 2002. It had Elimination Chamber 1 which was cool, a 6 man table match, and a Paul Heyman heel turn.
1998. The matches are awful, but I had never seen wrestling before.
How could Vince betray Mankind like that??? :kiddo:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DannoMack posted:

I use hideipvpn. It still let's me access the US Netflix but a few months ago it stopped letting me access hulu so maybe it is just the VPN after all.

Thanks for the help though. At least I know another VPN might work!

I think unblockus has a 7 day trial too, for what it's worth

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
In anticipation for Fandango's new look, let's all remember Johnny Curtis in his most pure form:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcQv1YCQtw4

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People give this poo poo but I think it's funny as hell

It's insanely good

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I hope Randy doesn't show up because gently caress him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Fat Lowtax posted:

It's insanely good

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Survivor Series 1990 was boss. Undertaker's debut, Rick Martel's team clean sweeping Jake Roberts' team, Team Warriors (although they cheaped out of that one with the Road Warriors and Demolition getting DQed). I still like Sergeant Slaughter's team almost getting clean swept, then he came in and almost clean swept the other team. That's how you make a monster.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Huh, guess there's an Uso doc on the network tomorrow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't watch for free if I was a subscriber in the past, can I?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Beef Waifu posted:

I can't watch for free if I was a subscriber in the past, can I?

Some people said they could.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I let my sub lapse in Sept. and have just been checking on results and such in the Raw thread. What a dire few months of wrestling. I was almost tempted by the free month, but I'm still holding out until Rumble time. I will be living vicariously through PSP posts for this show while I play Farcry 4. Can't wait for Sting, Reigns, and Orton to all show up in the main event. Or not.

The worst part of that is the weak rear end chair shot. Everything else is great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Daniel Bryan posted:

Some people said they could.

Looks like it's not workin for me. Whatever, I'll just buy a month.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah except for chanting Ole, the NXT crowds are pretty poo poo with their chants.

bullshit, BAYLEY'S GONNA HUG YOU is the best chant :shobon:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Time to see if we can survive this Free-Per-View.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So how many Mountain Dew cans will remain undrunk tonight?

• Locked thread