Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chokes McGee posted:

Jokes aside, JBL's call of Sting coming down was perfect. "The WCW champ! The icon! THE FRANCHISE!" was a nice callback to WCW, only thing that was missing was "THIS! IS! STIIIIIIIIIIIIIING" :)

That Call was great. But Goddamn, After saying that him and Cole should have just shut up and let the moment speak for itself. but hey subtlety is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
At least they didn't talk over Steph's meltdown at the end

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Food Court Druid posted:

At least they didn't talk over Steph's meltdown at the end

"Look at this, King, Stephanie McMahon is getting her comeuppance! The WWE Universe has been waiting a long time for this! The Authority has lost and Stephanie McMahon is losing it! How do you like them apples! Ha!"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
She's angrily shaking the top rope! THAT'S THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR'S MOVE!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm hoping that someone in WWE realises that silent Sting is very cool and good, but as soon as you put a mic in his hand horrible things happen.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm hoping that someone in WWE realises that silent Sting is very cool and good, but as soon as you put a mic in his hand horrible things happen.

It's SHOWTIME, FOLKS!!!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I think SS2014 deserves credit for being one of the funniest PPVs ever. I personally think everything outside of the main was hot garbage (Ambrose completely carried Wyatt and so many of you didn't even notice, to his credit) but everything was funny or entertaining. It's a solid strategy for getting non-wrestling fans into watching more WWE but anyone looking for actual mat work would have been disappointed and I don't blame them.

That said, I'm not above admitting that my opinion might be completely different if Ziggler had kicked out at 2.9 instead of Sting showing up. Sting could have showed up immediately afterward, but I really wanted Trips to go full Wile E Coyote with frustration first.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kirios posted:

People in this very thread were calling this, literally, the worst PPV of all time.

Not only was it not that but it's probably in the top 3 of best PPVs this year. Best PPV since Summerslam at least.

I was one of those people. The main event saved it to be honest. The first two hours of the PPV were completely worthless, and definitely didn't give any reason to keep subscribing to the network.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Dexo posted:

That Call was great. But Goddamn, After saying that him and Cole should have just shut up and let the moment speak for itself. but hey subtlety is dead.

loving seriously. The only feature that will get me to watch WWE regularly again is a "mute commentators" button. I can't remember a period of time, other than Heel Cole era, that the announcers have grated on me so much.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Astro7x posted:

I was one of those people. The main event saved it to be honest. The first two hours of the PPV were completely worthless, and definitely didn't give any reason to keep subscribing to the network.
I was definitely feeling that way going in and for the first two hours, but rewatching it today—perhaps aided by the knowledge of how it ends—it doesn't seem half as much of a slog. It's poorly built and some of the booking is certainly questionable, but the very worst thing I can find to say about it is "the result of the Divas SS match doesn't help make anybody look better", which is hardly a big issue and if anything, better than you would expect for that match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Summer and Paige need to be a comedy duo. They are very funny.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

sticklefifer posted:

I wonder if the complaining will be any less since it's free. Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

projecthalaxy posted:

Summer and Paige need to be a comedy duo. They are very funny.

The whole "I saw, you're an idiot" but was one of the funniest moments of the night for me.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Summer and Paige are travel buddies and Paige seems to have turned Summer into a bonafide studmetalhead, so I hope this goes somewhere, even if it's just a retread of Mizdow.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JBL screaming no No NO! was great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Daniel Bryan posted:

I did not like anything on the show outside of the main event. That doesn't make it the worst PPV of all time, but it does make it a weak show overall. If it wasn't for Sting showing up, I'd have probably put it at the same level as Battleground.

If it wasn't for the parts of the show that were good, the show would have been very bad.

• Locked thread