Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Season 5 is here. Hokies Hokies Hokies with their 3rd ACC title won, and their 4th Coastal title. NC State made an appearance for the Atlantic over FSU, and UNC/Miami came close but couldn't seal the deal. At this point we are all perilously thin thanks to weird recruiting. Time to see how these all original rosters play out.

Coastal Division Preview

Georgia Tech -

Miami -

North Carolina -

Pittsburgh - ABANDONED AND UNLOVED THEIR COACH WAS FIRED.

South Carolina -

Virginia -

Virginia Tech -

Atlantic Division Preview

Boston College -

Clemson - Come back Capn...they're like the Lost Boys without Pan. Talented, but not very troublesome.

Florida State -

Louisville - The Empty Throne of Bobby Petrino's Motorcycle

NC State -

Syracuse - DUMPSTER FIRE OF THE FROZEN NORTH

Wake Forest - Back into your bag of lovely tricks with you Demon Deacon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that may be new to the dynasty here are some things you should know about how I run this ship.

1)I am a considerate commish provided you post and stay in touch with the dynasty through the thread (when it concerns player games) or contacting me in AIM/PM. If there are scheduling problems, provided I am aware of them I will work with y'all to get games played.
2)I am a cruel and powerful commish, I move this thing along when I say I plan to especially as it concerns CPU games. I will often set a deadline and players need to get their games in. I don't wait on people with CPU games unless there is the aforementioned communication about a situation.
3)We don't play FCS teams in this league. We prefer mid major meats around these parts.
4)It's a good time in here, trash talk is fine and we will all have fun with the thread.
5)I will listen to suggestions about improving the game play of the dynasty, but the decision to implement anything is ultimately mine.
6)I don't care about CPU games; they are for getting bowl eligible and pointless stat padding. I won't be upset about a reset or two along the way. That said don't restart a half dozen times because someone got injured.

If you got problems all I gots to say is

----------------------------------------------
Teams by Division

Coastal
Georgia Tech - cletus42o GT cletus42o
Miami - John Brown GT True Cryme
North Carolina - slywalker13 GT Slywalker13
Pittsburgh - OPEN
South Carolina - After Father GT BJTheRealist
Virginia - OPEN
Virginia Tech - Zsbaug24 GT JDMTyte

Atlantic
Boston College - Texas A Wrecksus GT QuickDrawQuincy
Clemson - Lil Jon Galt GT Kancho :iiam:
Florida State - OPEN
Louisville - OPEN
NC State - Dioedeus GT BenedictWong
Syracuse - OPEN
Wake Forest - OPEN

Wait List:

Wait list will work as follows; when a person drops out the first person on the wait list will get a PM and have 24 hrs to respond about taking the spot. If I get no response it's onto the next person.

Difficulty - All American; Adjusted Penalty Sliders; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.
No Recruiting boosters.

Basically I'm going to ask that everyone not play like an rear end in a top hat. I want to see good sportsmanship and that people play the game like real football within bounds. The game is trying to tailor it so you should be encouraged to do so, but lets actually try and care. I may make adjustments as the game goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Should have rebalanced the divisions...

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Much like my beloved wolfpack, your attempt at balancing the divisions was too little too late

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Yeah I could have used a move to the other division! drat.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Z, tell me you gave us games against Nebraska, Iowa, and other top 10-15 teams?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Z, tell me you gave us games against Nebraska, Iowa, and other top 10-15 teams?

Everyone got games against the top 25 for sure, but honestly I really don't like the conspiracy for all the ACC teams to play the entire top 15 ensuring one of our teams always makes the national title game. So as the cruel commissioner, I make schedules that give everyone a good enough SOS to make it if they go undefeated, but it would just never happen like that irl so I kinda like the intrigue of the BS of the system.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I've got more time now, can I grab a team on the Atlantic?

sounds like Clemson or Louisville are the best to run to?

I'd go back to Pitt but user balance :v:

I'd need an invite because EA bans people from leagues if they get removed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

I've got more time now, can I grab a team on the Atlantic?

sounds like Clemson or Louisville are the best to run to?

I'd go back to Pitt but user balance :v:

I'd need an invite because EA bans people from leagues if they get removed.

Sure man, feel free to snag a team (Clemson remains in limbo for my man the Capn), but Louisville or actually FSU would be your best bets.

I'll get you an invite today.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cap ain't coming back, homes. The servers will be shut down before that happens.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Cap ain't coming back, homes. The servers will be shut down before that happens.

He never will but the corpse of his team will shuffle on because of loyalty. It makes me sad thinking of booting him from the ACC Dynasty is really what it comes down to, once his CPU coach has been fired it's open season (prb 1 more year).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Advance this bitch.

And yea Dub, you should take FSU. Recruits for days.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I also want you to take FSU so I got more people in my division

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'll take FSU sometime tonight. Is Rapist still there?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Allegedly and I believe he would be graduated by this season

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced to Week 1. Games for some, mandatory Bye weeks for others.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I've still got TJ Logan who is (still?) a real life Tar Heel so not quite all original rosters. Man my D dropped fast. My secondary is adequate but folks will run at will against me.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a. Now that I have a QB with at least 75 speed I should fair much better than last year.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Please try and play your games before you leave for thanksgiving because I'm probably advancing this tonight or tomorrow (I think only 1 cpu game remains).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Hey, sorry, I wasn't able to get my game in before we left Tuesday afternoon for Thanksgiving.

I'll do my recruiting stuff from the web. If you can wait for me, I'd of course prefer that, but I won't be mad at ya if you want to move on. I'll be able to play by Saturday, that's when I'll be getting home.

I didn't realize 3 of you had byes or I'd have tried to have gotten it in before we left. :(

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey, sorry, I wasn't able to get my game in before we left Tuesday afternoon for Thanksgiving.

I'll do my recruiting stuff from the web. If you can wait for me, I'd of course prefer that, but I won't be mad at ya if you want to move on. I'll be able to play by Saturday, that's when I'll be getting home.

I didn't realize 3 of you had byes or I'd have tried to have gotten it in before we left. :(

You can have till Saturday, BYU is not a soft enough opponent to guarantee a Simmed win.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

You can have till Saturday, BYU is not a soft enough opponent to guarantee a Simmed win.
Cool, thanks. Driving the whole way back to NYC from North Carolina today/tonight so tomorrow will be no problem.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over BYU.

Thanks for waiting!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
ill get mine in sometime today, live sub lapsed and im out and about. sorry for the holdup!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

ill get mine in sometime today, live sub lapsed and im out and about. sorry for the holdup!

Have you even signed up? It doesn't show you in the Dynasty Central menu.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Have you even signed up? It doesn't show you in the Dynasty Central menu.

just did now. been a busy weekend.

Playing my games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dubious posted:

just did now. been a busy weekend.

Playing my games.

I think you've confused your dynasties. You can't be TAMU in the ACC league...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

I think you've confused your dynasties. You can't be TAMU in the ACC league...

yea, we discussed that...

ill need a new invite.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

yea, we discussed that...

ill need a new invite.

Umm I'll get to this tonight so you'll have tomorrow to get it done.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Umm I'll get to this tonight so you'll have tomorrow to get it done.

i just need an invite and we're fine.

I'll tank FSU.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd choose Louisville since most of FSU's talent will be gone after this season, but it's really close either way.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well I am a cruel commish, so you have your invite, but we are advanced to week 2. About half of us have games, no user games. Let's advance by middle of the week if not sooner.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Half my board just got wiped in one week because I can't even compete with the CPU in recruiting. Really contemplating just letting the CPU take the reigns on recruiting.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hey, play your games by Thursday night or watch as the computer determines your fate!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
LOL thread icon, I had originally asked what console this was on. I can jump in if you have openings left.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 4, 2014

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
EA servers dropped during my game :negative: I'll take the sim loss

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

LOL thread icon, I had originally asked what console this was on. I can jump in if you have openings left.

A challenger approaches! Your best options are either Louisville or FSU

John Brown fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 4, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
As a Pitt fan, I choose to be the man to lead this once-storied program from irrelevance to mediocrity.

XBL gamertag is "skaboomizzy", exact same as SA username.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Getting crowded in the coastal

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

skaboomizzy posted:

As a Pitt fan, I choose to be the man to lead this once-storied program from irrelevance to mediocrity.

XBL gamertag is "skaboomizzy", exact same as SA username.

We also have an SEC dynasty that just went into season 2 if you're interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

AfterFather posted:

EA servers dropped during my game :negative: I'll take the sim loss

If we don't advance today I can get my game done tonight. Wake Forest if really annoying.

• Locked thread