Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Definitely not right now. Possibly tomorrow night later (10 pm +).

That could work. Let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

That could work. Let me know.

Tomorrow night sometime?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tomorrow night sometime?

Any chance you can play tonight?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Any chance you can play tonight?

Maybe in half an hour? 11 at the latest I guess. Sure yeah might as well.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress it, let's go.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT over Miami 38-17. All my streaks remain in tact. It was a really sloppy game for both of us; 3 ints to end the 1st half, lots of back and forth, and then the weirdest thing I may have seen in a while from the game happened. JB punted from about his own 40, and it dinged off the uprights of the goal post. Instead of a touchback, it spotted me the ball from where he had kicked it setting me up with a short field. It made exactly no sense. After that the Miami Oline melted and there some desperation interceptions that helped me seal the deal. An impressive tied game at 17 a piece at the end of 3, then the 4th was all VT.

Advanced.
VT vs GT
UNC vs Miami

This week is the coastal SHOWDOWN.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 4, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

My offense sucked the entire game. It was weird to not be able to throw against zone.

E: Now that I'm awake I've had time to reflect on what happened last night. Just to reiterate, my offense was horrendous and I completely abandoned the run. Also, both of our defenses whiffed on a few picks, but my LB watching the ball go right over his head on that 3rd down in the middle of the 4th quarter was the back-breaker. I don't know what you did to my oline but holy poo poo I couldn't even stand in the pocket in the 4th from a 4-5 man rush.

GG.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 4, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
ZSB, when are you available to play?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ZSB, when are you available to play?

Probably this weekend is likely to be our best bet. Sunday morning maybe?

John Brown posted:

My offense sucked the entire game. It was weird to not be able to throw against zone.

E: Now that I'm awake I've had time to reflect on what happened last night. Just to reiterate, my offense was horrendous and I completely abandoned the run. Also, both of our defenses whiffed on a few picks, but my LB watching the ball go right over his head on that 3rd down in the middle of the 4th quarter was the back-breaker. I don't know what you did to my oline but holy poo poo I couldn't even stand in the pocket in the 4th from a 4-5 man rush.

GG.

That pass when i threw it I just thought "oh well that's gonna be a game changing pick 6" and then he just didn't look at it and my guy happened to have it. I threw in more zone because otherwise your TE eats me up on curl routes. Abandoning the run is the way to lose a close game, but it can also cut the other way when I stay too dedicated to it. I think coach XP may play a role in the 4th quarter massacre, as I got bumped to everyone super hot because the game was tied, so clutch power GAOOOOO. Possibly played a role.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
JB, what's your Saturday look like?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

JB, what's your Saturday look like?

Pretty open until 3pm CT. Name a time.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Probably this weekend is likely to be our best bet. Sunday morning maybe?
I'm sure I'll be around. Don't think I've got any plans for either Sat/Sun morning.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU looking like they will be punching their ticket to the ACCCG again after a big victory against Louisville. Offense still isn't quite clicking til the second half of games, but my division is weak again this year, so not looking forward to Z pushing my poo poo in

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Sly, when do you want to play tomorrow?

I'm free for sure before 3pm CT. Walking to wake up early if necessary.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

NCSU looking like they will be punching their ticket to the ACCCG again after a big victory against Louisville. Offense still isn't quite clicking til the second half of games, but my division is weak again this year, so not looking forward to Z pushing my poo poo in

As always I await a true challenger, but I look forward to playing NCSU again as my VT squad has done every year of this dynasty somehow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

As always I await a true challenger, but I look forward to playing NCSU again as my VT squad has done every year of this dynasty somehow.
Hey man, you have a true challenger waiting for you right now. Don't forget about GT. :smith:

I may or may not have made some playbook changes!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
JB how about 2PM EST tomorrow? That's eastern since I screwed up time zones before.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

JB how about 2PM EST tomorrow? That's eastern since I screwed up time zones before.

That's fine. See you then.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey man, you have a true challenger waiting for you right now. Don't forget about GT. :smith:

I may or may not have made some playbook changes!

You can't stop me from making the ACC title game, so by all means bring your A game, but this Hokie train isn't stopping.

Real Talk: I'm going to rebalance the divisions for next season so we have 3 users in each half.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think all of us would appreciate it. While I do like being able to get to the ACCCG, it feels awfully hollow with how stacked your division is

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

You better not move me and use it as the only reason I ever make it to the ACCCG.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You better not move me and use it as the only reason I ever make it to the ACCCG.

You were not on the short list for teams to move. cletus is the top candidate as GT ratings wise matches up with the Atlantic teams a little more closely, and that leaves the coastal as the 3 way brawl between our 99 ovr teams.

But if I did, you'd better be sure we'd be cross division rivals so I could still smoke you every regular season :c00lbutt:

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I actually was going to suggest cletus because I like playing that dude

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I actually was going to suggest cletus because I like playing that dude
Aw shucks ;-*

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Miami over UNC 24-20. Good game JB, both our secondaries seemed to be on lock down giving you an absurd amount of sacks while I just flushed you a bunch. My favorite part of that game was my 88 yard drive with 8 seconds left at the half for a TD. Connecting on back-to-back Hail Marys is just silly. I feel like I'm not thinking as fast as I once that's giving me my problems with my passing game. Also the reason I just plowed into your guy at the end of the game making it 4th and 1 as a simple juke would have given me the first down and the game. It was one of my more enjoyable losses so thanks.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I couldn't believe it when your QB started to break for that run, I almost flipped my poo poo. Seems as if both of our offenses have lost a step, and I need to stop abandoning the run. Also, you seemed to struggle against man coverage - very unlike you. GG.

I'm hoping a couple of these undefeated CPU teams lose over the next few weeks. An upset by the Wolfpack would help also :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus tomorrow morning?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus tomorrow morning?
Yeah, I'll be around. Any time in particular you want to try for?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Yeah, I'll be around. Any time in particular you want to try for?

10 CT?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Should be fine for me. See you then.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm online now and will continue to be. Just letting you know in case you can hop on any earlier.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I'm online now and will continue to be. Just letting you know in case you can hop on any earlier.

I'll prb be on about 10, I want to make some breakfast first.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT finishes their user game slate undefeated again in the regular season with a 38-14 W over GT. Game was close until the end of the first half where 2 short fields set me up to stretch my lead out to 17 before a late TD from GT cut it to 10. The Jackets wouldn't score again after failing to convert at least 3 4th and shorts and an INT in the 2nd half. I wouldn't call any part of the game dominating, I think it could have stayed closer with cletus aiming to play tight with field position, but I also understand feeling like if you don't score every drive it won't matter anyway. Can't fault it, my team just murdered his interior O line in short down and distance.

Advanced to our final week before the ACCCG. All CPU games. Let's finish this uncharted season up!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCAA 14 ACC Dynasty S6: I'm online now and will continue to be

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

VT finishes their user game slate undefeated again in the regular season with a 38-14 W over GT. Game was close until the end of the first half where 2 short fields set me up to stretch my lead out to 17 before a late TD from GT cut it to 10. The Jackets wouldn't score again after failing to convert at least 3 4th and shorts and an INT in the 2nd half. I wouldn't call any part of the game dominating, I think it could have stayed closer with cletus aiming to play tight with field position, but I also understand feeling like if you don't score every drive it won't matter anyway. Can't fault it, my team just murdered his interior O line in short down and distance.
Yeah, I played more aggressively than I usually do. Felt like I needed to get some momentum and at least convert on one of those 4th downs to have any shot. It didn't feel like a dominating loss at least like you said, and that was about all I could hope for. :)

GT takes it out on UGA, 49-35. r2a!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I am out of town until the 19th so you can AP me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Some tomfoolery will surely take place in the rankings over the next few weeks. Iirc from the game feed, this week Michigan (#2) beats OSU (#4), and Texas (#5) loses.

Therefore, next week I should jump to #4, and Michigan to #1. However, Army (#3) plays Navy next week, and from the looks of it OSU and Michigan will match up again in the B1GCG because they are not in the same division.

Let that marinate...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

FWIW I doubt I lose my #1 spot having been there literally all but 1 week this season. Even a big W from Michigan prb won't bump them over me. But the rest of it does get interesting.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FWIW I doubt I lose my #1 spot having been there literally all but 1 week this season. Even a big W from Michigan prb won't bump them over me. But the rest of it does get interesting.

Idk. OSU is number 4 so that's huge.

On another note, my WR just returned 3 kickoffs so I think at this point we may as well just call it the John Brown award. I miss the days when I'd regularly get the Thorpe also. Might've had it if not for the two picks I threw to Sly's CB last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU is r2a

• Locked thread