Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Indeed I was passed by Michigan for #1.

ACC Championship Week.

#2 VT vs #5 NCSU

Maybe this weekend Dio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress I'm not gonna be able to sneak back into the BCS spotlight. Even if Michigan loses the BCS still has Texas ranked over me at #3.

E: I'd need Dio to win and Michigan to lose. Go Wolfpack!

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 12, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Indeed I was passed by Michigan for #1.

ACC Championship Week.

#2 VT vs #5 NCSU

Maybe this weekend Dio?

I'm going to be out of town Saturday through Wednesday afternoon for Mardi Gras in NOLA. I can try to make time tomorrow night, but otherwise we're stuck waiting for Wednesday.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I'm going to be out of town Saturday through Wednesday afternoon for Mardi Gras in NOLA. I can try to make time tomorrow night, but otherwise we're stuck waiting for Wednesday.

May need to be Wednesday then, I usually do something with my fiance on Friday nights. Have a blast in NOLA dude.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If you're up late I can ball.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I didn't have any time when I got back and have something scheduled tomorrow. How is Friday for you?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I didn't have any time when I got back and have something scheduled tomorrow. How is Friday for you?

Friday is rarely a good day, Sunday morning can work.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I play Soccer on Sundays from 9am-noon EST. My only window on Sunday would be if we could start at 12:30pm EST because I have kickball at 3

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Well alright I guess we are shooting for Monday evening then. That sunday window may be possible, if I can I'll post up about it.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Mondays are limited for me as well. My schedule has picked up considerably, so Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday are my only available weekdays

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hey lets shoot for your window tomorrow. 1230 et?

e:1 et?

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 22, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I have work tomorrow. I think you meant today, but I'm still not home from soccer, so today is a no-go. My schedule is real poo poo this week since kickball starts on Tuesday nights, but Wednesday is totally free if you've got time then. I don't want to have to keep putting this off because of me. I know I'll lose this, so if we need to AP me to get through this, I'm fine with it

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I have work tomorrow. I think you meant today, but I'm still not home from soccer, so today is a no-go. My schedule is real poo poo this week since kickball starts on Tuesday nights, but Wednesday is totally free if you've got time then. I don't want to have to keep putting this off because of me. I know I'll lose this, so if we need to AP me to get through this, I'm fine with it

We will play this game. Wednesday can work.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm home by 5:00pm EST from work and can start as late as 9:30pm EST if need be.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

What time do you think you can play today? My gf has the evening off too and is putting pressure on me to not play, so I don't want to push this back again

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

What time do you think you can play today? My gf has the evening off too and is putting pressure on me to not play, so I don't want to push this back again

I'm probably not going to make it through today with some illness so I can play early if that's better. Like 5 et you mentioned, I'll prb be available before that though.

You need to tell her its srs internet business and she needs to read a book for an hour.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah I should be home from work and stoned by 5pm est if you want to plan on 5 start time

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Yeah I should be home from work and stoned by 5pm est if you want to plan on 5 start time

Works for me. I'll see ya then.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Bowl Season! VT prevails over NCSU 41-31 in a game that got interesting in the 2nd half. Hokies held a 24 pt lead at the half (34-10), but with the help of only 1 offensive TD from VT and a kick return for a TD before the end of the 3rd the Wolfpack were within 17 starting the 4th. A 3 and out from the Hokies and some heroics from the pack QB got them to within 10, but a big pair of broken runs from my star HB right when I needed them let me kill the clock and take the W. 13-0 ACC Champions. GG Dio.

Bowl Games:
BCS National Championship: #1 Michigan vs #2 Virginia Tech
Rose Bowl: #3 Miami vs #5 Oregon State
Chick Fil-A Bowl: #10 NC State vs Florida
Russell Athletic Bowl: #8 UNC vs Auburn
Sun Bowl: #13 Boston College vs #25 Arizona State
Belk Bowl: #11 Georgia Tech vs BYU

Other stuff to follow.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
My first game results didn't count from a "commissioner has made changes to the dynasty" message, so I said gently caress it and didn't pass the ball once in the rematch and crushed BYU 58-29. Heisman Winner QB Griffin rushed for 416 yards on 36 carries for 4 TDs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a. I've come up with a new tactic of not playing any seniors in a CPU bowl game so that my backups can get some shine. It worked with Nebraska, and I'm hoping it works again here.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm gonna say we will advance maybe tonight, tomorrow night at the latest so if you care wrap it up.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm probably not going to play mine

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I'm going to say sim it. I'm starting to feel myself care only about user games and recruiting and less and less about CPU games.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
I'll get mine in right now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

End of the Season Wrap UP TIME!

Final Rankings
#1 VT
#2 Miami
#6 UNC
#9 NC State
#10 GT
#12 Boston College

Award Winners
T. Griffin QB GT- Heisman Trophy, Maxwell, Walter Camp
A. Phillips SS Miami - Bednarik, Thrope
S. Hansen RE VT - Nagurski, Lombardi
B. Wiley HB NCSU - Doak Walker
S. Dobard TE Miami - Mackey
M. Graves ROLB MIami - Best LB
S. Coley WR Miami - Best Returner

All American and All ACC Teams

1st Team All Americans
HB - B. Wiley NCSU
HB - J. Riley VT
TE - S. Dobard Miami
LG - P. Osterloh VT
LE - D. Wyatt GT
RE - S. Hansen VT
DT - J. Barrett VT
DT - W. Teller VT
LB - A. Motuapuaka VT
LB - R. Graves Miami
CB - J. Howard VT
CB - D. Lawrence UNC
FS - C. Clarke VT
SS - A. Phillips Miami
Ret- S. Coley Miami

2nd Team All Americans
HB - C. Elder Miami
RG - M. Crawford VT
RT - S. Odogwu Miami
LE - A. Muhammad Miami
RE - J. Rich Boston College
LB - J. Grace Miami
CB - J. Bush VT
FS - J. Treangen Miami
SS - A. Sheggog VT
Ret- T. Smith VT

Freshman All Americans
HB - J. Riley VT
WR - A. Hill Miami
C - A. Jacobs VT
RG - P. Jackson VT
RT - T. Kelly VT
LE - S. Wilson NCSU
DT - C. Wood Miami
LB - T. Kennedy UNC
CB - L. Ewing Miami
CB - M. Whitfield NCSU
FS - B. Lucas UNC
SS - B. Phillips NCSU

All American Totals By Team
VT - 15
Miami - 12
NCSU - 4
UNC - 3
GT & BC - 1

First Team All ACC
QB - T. Griffin GT
HB - B. Wiley NCSU
HB - J. Riley VT
WR - D. Griffin Miami
TE - S. Dobard Miami
LG - P. Osterloh VT
C - T. Alexander Miami
RG - M. Crawford Miami
RT - S. Odogwu Miami
RT - O. White NCSU
LE - D. Wyatt GT
RE - S. Hansen VT
DT - J. Barrett VT
DT - W. Teller VT
LB - J. Moss VT
LB - A. Motuapuaka VT
LB - R. Graves Miami
CB - J. Howard VT
CB - D. Lawrence UNC
FS - C. Clarke VT
SS - A. Phillips Miami
K - M. FIelds UNC
P - J. Schneider GT
Ret- T. Smith VT :iiam:

Best of the Best Stats Stuff
#1 Offense was Virginia Tech with 6874 yards
#1 Passing offense was Miami with 4410 yards (of user controlled teams, Clemson threw for like 300 more yards)
#1 Rushing offense was VT with 3745 yards
#1 in PPG was Miami @ 54.3
GT allowed the least sacks giving up 12
NCSU gained the most 1st downs snagging 298
#1 Defense was Virginia Tech allowing 3114 yards
#1 Pass Defense was BC allowing 2456 yards
#1 Rush Defense was Miami allowing 600 yards
#1 Scoring D was VT allowing 166 pts (~12 pts per game, almost 60 total points fewer than the next team :toot: )
#1 rushing the passer was Miami getting 74 sacks
Best 3rd down conversion rate GT @ 58%
Best 4th down conversion rate VT @ 70%
Best Red Zone offense GT scoring 90%
Best Red Zone defense VT allowing scores 71%
VT was least penalized with 2 for 20 yards
Best Turnover margin is NCSU @ +12
UNC had the most take aways with 34.

Things of the Year Awards
ACC OPOTY - T. Griffin GT, although he came up short in a few big games, the Heisman winner took GT from mediocre to top 10 team. Huzzah.
ACC DPOTY - A. Phillips Miami, without coach points JB is always making up ground in some regard, always making tackles with this dude.
ACC COTY - The Notorious ZSB, 14-0 with only 1 close game, ACC & National Title Winner? OH YEAHHHHHHHH

We are now at players leaving and I've once again been screwed by EA bullshit. My freshman SS who was the only guy on the depth chart transferred to Troy, and my best corner went to the draft to be picked in the 7th round as a RS Soph. So umm whatever the gently caress, I was hoping Parsons would go pro in the 1st round early so other QBs can get their chance, but that didn't happen either. 24 hours or so.

Also, as we get ready to start S6, we are in literally uncharted territory there should be no more players on rosters that began life there as a real person. Every player from here on out should have been a recruited player. We finally hit the point where who recruited enough will come into play.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 4, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Also, as we get ready to start S6, we are in literally uncharted territory there should be no more players on rosters that began life there as a real person. Every player from here on out should have been a recruited player. We finally hit the point where who recruited enough will come into play.
This is very scary for me. :)

18 players leaving, 12 of them 88+ OVR. Leaving my two highest rated players a 93 OVR DT I convinced to stay and my 92 OVR punter. This will be interesting.

Heisman Winner Ty Griffin not even projected to be drafted - but projected to have 2 round 1s, 2 round 2s, 2 round 5s, and a round 7 out of the other players leaving. Probably won't get any XP from it, but maybe. Maybe that's one of the things I do actually get XP for.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

We finally hit the point where who recruited enough will come into play.

And yet I project another Russell Athletic Bowl for me. Can we rename it the UNC bowl?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

And yet I project another Russell Athletic Bowl for me. Can we rename it the UNC bowl?

FWIW you're the only person to beat me in the regular season. So I think at this point expectations of the status quo are going to be less reliable.

If I could rename bowl games I would. No questions asked.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I forgot to do mine so I lost two OL and 2 WR, but oh well. R2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

OH ya, it's recruiting time. I want to burn through this off season quickly so keep on ya toes.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC ready to secure another #1 class.

I was sad not to see the tar heels not ranked highly on defence. I may have to stop simming, at least this league.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 5, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I definitely made some mistakes with scholarship offers soaking up a spot with a dude im totally cutting instead of a couple slightly better rated guys I'd rather have. The game won't let you be mean either and cut a guy after they've committed.

EA Sports enforces more ethics than the NCAA.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Bear Bryant, new head coach at VT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Should have a decent recruiting class for the first time here, but I definitely didn't have great ones my first few seasons, so I have no idea how my team will be in the upcoming season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

GT r2a

Should have a decent recruiting class for the first time here, but I definitely didn't have great ones my first few seasons, so I have no idea how my team will be in the upcoming season.

Im genuinely excited/terrified to see the adjusted team ratings since I feel like many of us, myself included, were bouyed by a decent starting roster. Felt like it hurt some of us sooner than others (GT, NCSU, BC in seasons 2-3).

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Offensive lines will be a joke.

What's the verdict on the division rebalance? I know longer have a strong desire about having a protected rivalry with Dio (i.e. It's no longer a likely win and I can't afford extra losses if it's me Z and JB.)

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm glad I've changed that opinion.

Other than OL and WR depth, my roster still looks about how it did in the first few seasons. I've had a top 10 class each year and have been good about recruiting for the future, but I'm still way below a UNC or VT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

My plan was to swap GT & Clemson, as that would keep the status quo largely set since they're cross division rivals already.

I'm open to a more aggressive reworking & suggestions. I could put everyone in one division for 1 TRUE CHAMPION (which is dumb and I'd prefer not). I can set everyone to face a CPU team as their cross division rival so that we won't have any more of that business where I'm knocking BC out of a chance to win the division or NCSU/UNC dicking each other over for an out of division loss. I can get crazy with it, and bring us back down to 12 teams & an 8 game schedule since we are the #1 conference. I can make it so we have classic ACC vs BIG EAST ACC (which would split our users [VT, UM, BC Coastal]/[UNC, NCSU, GT Atlantic]. I'm open to all sorts of jumbling

Having only 6 active players keeps us moving, but it has diminished some of the fun of when we had the full 12 and everyone had the chance to play a user in the opposite division.

• Locked thread