Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:siren: Registration is finished and emails have all been sent! :siren:

It's that time of year again, folks!

For those of you who don't know what a Secret Santa is, or have not seen the one done every year in GBS and other subforums, it's pretty simple. You sign up for the event by emailing the address later in this post. A couple of days after registration ends you will be receiving an email telling you the name and address of someone else who has registered for the event. You send them a gift, and receive a gift from a completely different person.

What do I need to know about before signing up?

1) If you sign up you are expected to buy a gift. Shocking rule huh? If there is a problem please let me know and we'll work something out somehow.

2) If you are not a regular TRP poster, you will probably be rejected. I will have a manual screening process for these people, however.

3) The window price will be £10 to £15 (or $15 to $20 if you're from across the pond) before shipping. When you receive your person, you'll be asked to give something at least in this range. You can, if you wish to do so, give a gift that costs more than this range, just do not get mad if you do not receive such a large gift. Your giver may just not have the funds to give so. Also, please remember that you may be shipping a gift to another continent, so shipping might be pricey.

Sounds awesome, what next?

A) Post in this thread and give a rundown of your interests.

B) Send an email to :siren:trpss2014@gmail.com:siren: with the following information

* Your forums name (in the email, and also in the subject line of the email, as this makes it A LOT easier for me)
* Your actual government/legal name
* Your Age and Sex (this info will be given to your Santa so that they can pick a better gift for you)
* Your clothing size, as tshirts are common gifts
* Your home address, including postal/zip code. College students, this is not your mailbox number at college. This is where the people who are paying your bills live. Also if you're ibroxmassive please remember which of your 20 addresses you give.
* However if you want it sent to your college address, please list it here. Just remember that these gifts will be primarily sent out around the holiday break so you might not be there.
* A link to your forums profile (to facilitate post stalking).
* In the email and also in your post, let people know about yourself. Tell us what you are like as a person and what you are interested in regards to not only football but also other forms of media or any hobbies you may have. The team(s) you support will be useful information, also.
* Specify where you are willing to post to (e.g. if you are in the UK, you can say you would prefer to only send to someone in the UK, or to Europe, or the World).

Q: So I got a name and I got a price range. What the hell do I buy him/her now? It has to be something football related, right?
A: Nah, it does not have to be football related. Send anything you want. Computer Hardware, DVD's, gift certificates or anything like that are still acceptable. We're such a tight-knit community, and we know what everybody else likes or dislikes (for the most part). While it would be easiest (and probably most appreciated) if you got your santee something football related, don't think that it has to be something football related. This is just a regular Secret Santa program, and just because it is run between football fans, it does not have to be a "Football Themed" Secret Santa.

Q: When is the last day of registration, and when can we expect to be given a name of a person to buy a gift for?
A: Registration ends Midnight (GMT) on :siren:MONDAY DECEMBER 1ST:siren:. That's just under 2 weeks from now, so it should give everyone plenty of time to do their shopping and shipping. You will receive the name and address of your chosen Santee by the following weekend. There's no starting date for sending out the gift, so the earlier the better. Try not to delay too much with getting your gift in the post so people can have them in hand before Christmas Day.

Q: I have another question that's not covered here...
A: If you have PMs, you can PM me. Otherwise, just shoot an email to the address above.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
ill bethere

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
December 1 is not just under two weeks from now

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Burqa King posted:

Close enough

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Burqa King posted:

Thanks for pointing that out, Calendar Nazi :rolleyes:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I would hate it if someone missed the deadline and the chance to be gifted a purple rosette with Carolina Crushers written on it

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Awesome, i'm in again, never one to miss it! Will post and email this evening.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I was going to sit this one out but I'm infact going to do the opposite

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

I was going to sit this one out but I'm infact going to do the opposite

Good lad

I'm in as always

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i promise if i join that i won't send anyone a framed photograph of scott hall

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I passed last year and regretted it so back in for 2014. Preemptively requesting a Ched Evans top.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

sticksy posted:

I passed last year and regretted it so back in for 2014. Preemptively requesting a Ched Evans top.

Always knew you were a bottom.

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.
Hi

I live in North Carolina. I like Bayern Munich.

I would love [YOUR OBSCURE 4TH DIVISION TEAM]'s clothing or swag. The more obscure the better.

If you don't want to get me anything football related, I love unique things that I can't get from here (along the same lines as the jersey). I enjoy photography, I collect old cameras, old physics books, and coins. I wrench on bicycles in my spare time and do writing and painting. I play way too much Dota 2, on the linux version. An example of a favorite thing I got on a vacation was a baseball cap from here, because it's both incredibly obscure and from the Physics world. Last time I did this, someone got me a scarf from their local FA club and I still wear it every time it's cold.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Signing up because I like getting and sending odd things in the mail.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Yesssss, it's TRPSS time again! :getin:

Edit:
I'm a pretty laid-back 29-year-old from Portland, OR. When I root, I root for the Portland Timbers but I also a particular soft spot for Sheffield Wednesday. I'll probably like whatever you send, but any scarves, schwag or even a kit from your local team would be pretty sweet!

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 1, 2014

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Liam Emsa posted:

Hi

I live in North Carolina. I like Bayern Munich.

I would love [YOUR OBSCURE 4TH DIVISION TEAM]'s clothing or swag. The more obscure the better.

If you don't want to get me anything football related, I love unique things that I can't get from here (along the same lines as the jersey). I enjoy photography, I collect old cameras, old physics books, and coins. I wrench on bicycles in my spare time and do writing and painting. I play way too much Dota 2, on the linux version. An example of a favorite thing I got on a vacation was a baseball cap from here, because it's both incredibly obscure and from the Physics world. Last time I did this, someone got me a scarf from their local FA club and I still wear it every time it's cold.

If i sign up can i get this guy who has never posted here before ftw

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I would like to do this.

I will come back later to fulfill "and give a rundown of your interests."

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.

fat gay nonce posted:

If i sign up can i get this guy who has never posted here before ftw

yes!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

IMO you shouldnt be allowed to participate and it is egregious of you to try

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

He has posted here before under a different username, and as per his post above he has participated in this Secret Santa before.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
Welcome back Greg

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
In north carolina born and raised
watching bayern is how i spent most of my days

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Smokey posted:

Welcome back Greg

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I would like to do this.

I will come back later to fulfill "and give a rundown of your interests."

i hope we get each-other and we can both go hog wild with albion swag

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I like your obscure poo poo team stuff as well but it better be a team that played for 2 seasons in 98 and had a cool and good name

Also I'm a big loser

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Smokey posted:

Welcome back Greg

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Email sent, uninformative paragraph below.

Not much I can add to what I post most years. Big City fan, but love football generally, clubs of all sizes, obscure or not etc. Also play video games when I get the chance, xbox one mostly. Travelling is pretty cool, as is seeing cool poo poo from other parts of the world. To be honest though just go with your instincts, whatever you think is awesome, I probably will do too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

In this again, got a great book last year.

I'm Soulex, I live in the Pacific Northwest. I prefer watching Italian football and I support Fiorentina. I don't have many hobbies, I play football, fantasize about robot legs, and science/sci-fi stuff. I'm also interested finding out about your local team, regardless if it's top tier or bottom rung. A scarf or a pendant would be cool.

I'm going to Japan shortly so I'll be able to hopefully pick something up awesome for you depending on what you ask for.

I can ship worldwide, I don't mind.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Just sent my info, anyway here my info copyed and pasted from the last year.

Im from Chicago and am a Chicago Fire fan from the MLS. As for overseas team my English team is Arsenal whom I been following for around 6-7 years or so which hopefully will upgrade me from a bandwagon to a normal fan status one of these days. My Spanish team would be Atletico Madrid as there are suppose to be a Sister team to the FIre since they let fire players train with them in the MLS offseason though since I don't get Spanish soccer on tv outside of Champions League I don't get to watch them that much but would like to support them. French team is Lyon only because there's a town name Lyons near Chicago and though that would be a great way to choice a team and for Italian team I guess it would be Roma because of Michael Bradley being on them and because my Dad visited Rome while he was in the army (though he was station in Vicenza which has their own team in Serie B but thats hard to follow but I wouldn't mind something from them). Don't really have a German team I follow so I guess if I get anything from there I will try to follow them to the best of my ability. I also watch mexican soccer and don't have a team as my friends followed all different kinds of teams but if I had to choice a team I guess it would have to be Monterrey as they are the closest big team from my Mom's hometown in mexico. Anyway I would like any team stuff and wouldn't mind if they are lower division or not because I guess might be funner to support.

I guess am only able to really ship in the US, maybe Canada but mainly the US.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Ive just sent my info, heres some background on me

I'm a self-confessed loser and I've openly admitted to it many times in this very thread.

I eat pain relief pills like they're skittles. I spend most of my day cutting up dead things like they're some kind of meaty substance, ripping the innards from their stinking routing corpse, occasionally making bacon with the secret ingredients, cum, and piss, of homeless idiots, and I send it to goons.

I make drunken confessions about my gay dad, who apparently shagged every male he ever met except me, the oval office. Think you can make me feel more unwanted than that? Hah!

I have a daughter nearly old enough to have sexual intercourse legally, with men of any age, and have taken insult after insult about that very fact, and had a total of zero meltdowns about all of it. I am untrollable. It is impossible to get me angry with words printed on the screen of my laptop or phone, or tablet. Maybe once, it was more than possible. Hell, likely even. Now, nothing phases this loser. know how much poo poo I'm likely going to get from the actualIy good posters itf for this idiotic post? Idgaf m9, i support Leeds United.

you think some idiot poster, a feeble, miserable excuse if a man, one with not a single posting ally, a poster who is consistently told to stfu every time he posts, calling me a loser because I don't earn vast amounts of money and am fat and fail and gay is going to bother me? Lol. You're the most retarded piece of poo poo I've ever seen post itf, and I've read pituaes entire post history.

Now, cunto. Shut, the gently caress , up.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Just sent my info, anyway here my info copyed and pasted from the last year.

Im from Chicago and am a Chicago Fire fan from the MLS. As for overseas team my English team is Arsenal whom I been following for around 6-7 years or so which hopefully will upgrade me from a bandwagon to a normal fan status one of these days. My Spanish team would be Atletico Madrid as there are suppose to be a Sister team to the FIre since they let fire players train with them in the MLS offseason though since I don't get Spanish soccer on tv outside of Champions League I don't get to watch them that much but would like to support them. French team is Lyon only because there's a town name Lyons near Chicago and though that would be a great way to choice a team and for Italian team I guess it would be Roma because of Michael Bradley being on them and because my Dad visited Rome while he was in the army (though he was station in Vicenza which has their own team in Serie B but thats hard to follow but I wouldn't mind something from them). Don't really have a German team I follow so I guess if I get anything from there I will try to follow them to the best of my ability. I also watch mexican soccer and don't have a team as my friends followed all different kinds of teams but if I had to choice a team I guess it would have to be Monterrey as they are the closest big team from my Mom's hometown in mexico. Anyway I would like any team stuff and wouldn't mind if they are lower division or not because I guess might be funner to support.

I guess am only able to really ship in the US, maybe Canada but mainly the US.

What the gently caress

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bovril Delight posted:

What the gently caress

The dude really likes watching a lot of soccer. You should probably hate him for this.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

blue footed boobie posted:

The dude really likes watching a lot of soccer. You should probably hate him for this.

I am also into watching large amounts of the sport and request hated

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I'm keen as gently caress to get in on this, although I live in Aus so probably out of range. Zaph, if there's space left I'll find some sweet obscure Australian poo poo to ship the moon or whatever

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

We usually have a few Aussies/Kiwis taking part, so feel free to sign up.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

My name is FullLeatherJacket, and I now live in Nottingham, which is sort of like Mansfield except that there are things here that aren't a Wetherspoons

Manchester United; history podcasts; Eugen Sandow; Eugene Debs; not owning a television; wearing hobo gloves; steak; Jedi Mind Tricks; referencing footballers from the 90s; referencing two things; quoting Stewart Lee bits verbatim; expensive scotch; solar energy; call girls (it is important for a man to have sex with all of the types of girl); that pitch in the Faroe Islands by the sea; upsetting feminists on the internet; Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal; boring friends and relations to tears with idle musing about selling all of his possessions and living out of a van; ironic racism; that thing Lana Del Rey does where she's actually rich but pretends to be a truckstop whore; books about mountains and people dying on them; Jordi Cruyff; online learning; girls with stupid names

Dislikes:
London; Chelsea (which is in London); carbs; small hats; cultural relativism; average sized hats; the last 27 Christmasses; Neil Warnock's head; cricket; adults wearing costumes; MLS (American cricket); student haircuts; Tories; chain restaurants; numbers of genders higher than "two"; people who are in the way

When I grow up I would like to be: Napoleon

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hi I'm Ninpo and I'm a big massive Man United fanboy and have been since forever. Other things I like almost as much are Star Trek, Kung Fu movies, funny books, power lifting, beer, scotch, gadgets and models. I also love 80s style sci fi, things like Airwolf, Knight Rider, Street Hawk etc. When United aren't playing, I'm also really partial to watching other Prem matches, La Liga, Bundesliga, the Championship and some Serie A.

I'd be especially grateful to receive some hair or semen from Alex Ferguson or Eric Cantona, or a sensory deprivation booth that just plays "AND SOLSKJAER HAS WON IT" on loop.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Bovril Delight posted:

What the gently caress

What to need to know?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I have sent my e-mail.

IDK if I made it in time.

Hopefully there's more people signed up than this 1 page suggests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

What to need to know?

What's your Andorran team

• Locked thread