Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I am down with this, he is like Lavos with body image disorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Prototype T

I like the flavour of it, it is fun and a little light hearted. However LLSix, unfortunately I have a few issues with your character right now as it stands:

Strength [+2] - This seems at a glance like a trait based on yourself and your own use. The game is not meant to be about your god going and doing stuff on his, her or its own per se. Because of this, Strength on its own seems like a very limited sphere of influence you will have trouble applying broadly. If you want your tribe to be unnaturally strong, then perhaps you should consider replacing the telepathic trait with that instead.

Large [-2] For the same reason I think this is not a good drawback. I have been fairly free on the movement of gods around the place, and this will just be annoying and inconvenient without really adding much to the story. If you want to narrate your god having difficulties because he/it is so large go for it, but I think in terms of a drawback it is not well suited. As a suggestion I would consider some kind of mental or social drawback. Maybe your god cannot deal with the concept of peace or weakness well. The idea is that this should be a complication that synergises in some manner with your other drawback so you can invoke both at once for bonus dice when need be. This is too situation to be useful I feel.

Deformed [-2] A good start, but I think maybe make it a little more broad and less deformed. Perhaps Big T has trouble with the concept of beauty, meaning many of the things he makes or influences end up practical but also hideous or in some cases even deformed.

Tribe - The trait works well, as we discussed it in IRC, however I find the flavour doesn't match well with other races which bothers me. Firstly the prime drive for survival for all races has been until the last two years the need for a nomad lifestyle to ensure there is enough food to sustain them. My mandate has been that every tribe must be nomadic, although the reasons can be dependent on environmental conditions and their biology. I would also very much prefer that they not be influenced by you in the manner you describe, because I want to avoid pre-destined god-tribe pairings that often happens in god games. I try to push organic growth and development of characters and this ties into that.

I think you might be helped by discussing this a bit with me, it seems like you just have a different idea of the game than what I do and I think if we can sort it out.

Yalag

Reasonably simple, there a few issues with the Kobolds but they are minor flavour issues and I can just rewrite it if you are okay with that. Basically the only thing that really stands out is the comments of other civilisations crumbling; that happened centuries ago and people forgot all about them by now.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
At this point, I am having difficulty choosing and I have only had two applications; no other previous applicants have stated their interest and there has been plenty of time and notice to do so.

So I will take both LLSix and JamezBfod, I have a couple of more infrequent posters so I do not think this should unduly tax me. I'll get the update up as soon as I can, probably Thursday or Friday my time realistically though considering I am doing a sitrep for all current tribes and players along with the posts. I think the summary of each tribe's situation will be helpful in planning actions going forward.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
I have pictured my kobold tribe as being especially devious. They have done a lot of dark deeds to have survived, including raiding other tribes and eating other races and other cannibalism. They are not good at straight fights but if they can leverage their diabolical Craftiness they are a force to be reckoned with. Preferred habitat would be mountains/mines/cave systems.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Sorry for the long delay, the last week and a half has been pretty bad for me for a number of reasons.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

No worries man, for whatever reason the past month has been brutal on a ton of people I know.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Also as an aside, in case it wasn't clear, those who get new trait choices are choosing that out of character. In character that new power just starts developing.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I exist. I will update soon, I have just been sick recently and also had some problems with work. These will probably continue for a while but I'll try to stick to a once a week update schedule at a minimum.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
I had hoped they would have been useful for tunneling. Oh well. Stupid tar slugs it is. Throw em in the forge when you're done.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
They can tunnel, they're just hard to direct.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
I can see how there might be difficulties with that. Can't exactly put a karat on a stick in front of them.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Currently I am contemplating doing a time skip. There are two main reasons for this.

Firstly, although people are doing a lot to help fix the world it still needs time to regenerate and heal because of the PCs power scales. Jumping ahead about a century gives time for ecosystems and the climate to start getting back into gear and prevents things being as fragile. Secondly it just helps fill out populations of the tribes, to give people more room to work with. It also lets smaller communities branch off and those tribes that are still godless become more established and more notable groups.

At the moment, I am thinking of finishing off and doing the timeskip after year 5, which gives players another 8 turns after this current turn is resolved.

Some feedback and thoughts or ideas on this would be good! Do you support this idea, or do you want to continue along at a slow rate like this? If you are in favour how long would the timeskip be ideally for you? 50 years? 100 years? 200 years? More? What kinds of things would you like to do in character in that break, and do you have suggestions on how you would handle it?

I have my own ideas on all of these, but I'd like this to not be jarring or frustrating to my players in general.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
I'm in favor of the skip, yeah. Say 50 to 100 years, just to let things advance a bit. I know I personally sometimes bump up against the limits of my capability as a roleplayer, and find myself repeating goals and ideas. Opening up a bigger population and factions (within the tribes, and without) would definitely help me find goals outside of micro-managing my population.

Aside from fulfilling my trade compact with Rooh-Vah I would also spend that time exploring the continent and meeting the other nearby gods. Rooh-Vah mentioned the possibility of installations beneath the earth; T'l-Dohgull would be interested in finding one of those, if any are nearby the glypt settlement. And he'd have his population focus on metallurgy, creating a military, and working on the wheel/transportation to enact further trade.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I mentioned this in IRC, but I'm totally fine with a time-skip. I think the 8 turn heads-up works well too. As for the amount of time, I'll leave that up to whatever you think will have the most interesting effect.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah. also i think my PC has been doing stuff that was intended for after the time skip, once there's uh, stuff to do.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Sorry for not posting yet, I have had a sinus infection which has kicked me to the curb this past week. I definitely plan to post soon as I get on the mend with a dose of antibiotics.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Getting better always takes priority, and those loving things are never fun.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Hope you get better soon man.
Also sorry, I just don't feel my character. The game has been going very well, and thanks for running it, I've experienced how taxing that can be.
See you all in some other game!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Okay I'll be starting on the update today and I hope to get it out tomorrow. There's a lot of work to catch up after a week of being sick so I won't have much free time for a bit to sit down and write everything.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I just realized I posted almost the same action as Roovah who posted right above me. Bit slow on the uptake on that one I guess.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Yes and I comment on it as well.

I do apologise for how long this update took. We're down a team member at work and their replacement won't start until next week so I might struggle to post for a little longer. I do appreciate your patience and thank you for sticking with me so far.

If you have any questions or thing that seem wrong to you, please let me know. That update was written over about 5 days in hour segments so some of the thought processes may be a little disjointed.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

I'll have a post up in about 24 hours or so.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

ditto

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I may spend the next turn visiting while my fish breed. Feel like meeting the neighbors JamezBfod?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
That was part of my intent of roaring on the mountaintop. No matter how trite of a move it may have been.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
It has been a long, long time since I have doubleposted. Not sure what happened. I apologize.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

JamezBfod posted:

That was part of my intent of roaring on the mountaintop. No matter how trite of a move it may have been.

A dog with his bone.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I could try to do the same thing. Turning into a squeak halfway through. Tripping, kinda just rolling down the side.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I will try to update around a similar time next weekend, but I might be delayed a bit more. I have a new work colleague to train up and we're deploying a fair few new stores in the next few weeks so I'll try to keep on top of posting but I might be a bit longer with updates still for a while. My apologies.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

RL takes priority. I'm sure we'd all rather have a delay instead of the game shutting down completely.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Sorry for the delay,

I will update once this crunch period at work finishes tomorrow and I am trying to fight off anxiety attacks all day.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

HiKaizer posted:

Sorry for the delay,

I will update once this crunch period at work finishes tomorrow and I am trying to fight off anxiety attacks all day.

What delay? You we're just waiting for me to finally post :)

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

HiKaizer posted:

Sorry for the delay,

Real life and your health take precedence. The game is just a game. Don't go working yourself into a tizzy on our account.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yup. We'll be here whenever you're feeling better man.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Thanks for your support guys. I do appreciate that it is rough waiting for a long time in a play by post game so I will try to update as soon as I can.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Updated. I do apologise if the post seems a little incoherent sometimes; I did various actions in different emotional states and levels of tiredness. Just question me if anything seems funny or you're unhappy and I'll review it with you.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Derp, I'm actually trying to get the post in today

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I will try to update soon, but, uh....there have been a serious of catastrophic disasters at work and my life is hell right now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Yalag and I are exceedingly pleased at the result. Optimal. I will refrain from my oceanic monster creation until I know how LL6/prototype T feels about the matter. Evil god without being a dick player and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Whelp, that happened sooner than I expected. Are the Annie's still trading or is it more Dwarf Fortress style trading where they take all the stuff and brainwash the traders into thinking they got a great deal so they bring more stuff to steal next year?

We're still on for making water monsters Jamez.

• Locked thread