Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

angerbot posted:

project.log is the weirdest forum

i dont know jack about computers but it seems cool that people are just sharing stuff theyve figured out and everybody seems nice and polite in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

makes me wish i was interested in that stuff

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

angerbot posted:

Coupons is literally the best forum

project.log is the weirdest forum

I was one of 2 people browsing that forum when I clicked that link.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Oh I have been hip to that for about seven years now, but I think it is way worse than Pet Island. Crazy people who like animals I can deal with, since animals are great, but haughty faux intellectuals just rub me the wrong way.

I used to have a real tolerance for CD but the older I get the more it seems like CD regulars refuse to actually acknowledge their blind spots or even acknowledge that they have blind spots, so it became fruitless to try and talk with them. I still post in a few threads I'm subbed to because I still like movies and it's a decent way to keep abreast of movie news, but it can be a real grind if you go against the flow there for any reason whatsoever.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I was one of 2 people browsing that forum when I clicked that link.

i was the other one.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

angerbot posted:

pet island is less weird now the dVangels have moved on to greener pastures with their stupid diaper dogs

elaborate?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

opus111 posted:

i was the other one.

did it drop down to one when I closed the tab?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Unfortunately I closed it without looking.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mind the walrus posted:

I used to have a real tolerance for CD but the older I get the more it seems like CD regulars refuse to actually acknowledge their blind spots or even acknowledge that they have blind spots, so it became fruitless to try and talk with them. I still post in a few threads I'm subbed to because I still like movies and it's a decent way to keep abreast of movie news, but it can be a real grind if you go against the flow there for any reason whatsoever.

my favorite is that CDers always have to come up with some stupid poo poo how the protaganist is actually an allegory for homosexuality (i.e. riddick is actually gay!) or something stupid like that. even the loving The Guest there was a dude who was like 'my friend' has a theory that the main character is actually gay!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Xaris posted:

my favorite is that CDers always have to come up with some stupid poo poo how the protaganist is actually an allegory for homosexuality (i.e. riddick is actually gay!) or something stupid like that. even the loving The Guest there was a dude who was like 'my friend' has a theory that the main character is actually gay!

Every character in every movie is racist and gay.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hrmmm yess interesting theory, heres my supporting evidence:

*pulls down pants*
*explosive diahreaa covering every square inch of the bathroom wall*

-cd poster

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

TEAYCHES posted:

elaborate?

I forget the whole deal with them, but it was a husband and wife posting pair, Sachel and SomethingOrOther DVangel who bred Afghan Hounds and had a really deep and disturbing love of the breed and would post pictures of the bitches in heat, wearing cloth diapers they had made so the dog didn't drip blood and various other juices around the house.

At that point it's pretty much just "crazy dog person" but they attacked other PI posters over stupid poo poo in basically all dog threads. Which is basically general PI posters, but what made it stand out was:

They creeped out other PI posters.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I mean that's like being the guy Hitler found to have gone "too far"

e: Here is a helldump thread enjoy http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2423159

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

when i was an electrician i worked on a house with a couple who bred afghans. they had like 8 of them in cages in the backyard. the house was filled with cheap fantasy novels and computers. when i opened the attic access on the ceiling a large rat skeleton fell out

not sure if thats related but people who are really into dogs are weird

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

client posted:

the football forum is really weird OP. the people in there actually hate football but love tedious discussions on racism and the weird babymen who routinely meltdown are well-liked and cared about instead of being trolled forever

<- Exhibit A

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

angerbot posted:

would post pictures of the bitches in heat

Well. Thats the grossest thing I've heard in a while

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Well. Thats the grossest thing I've heard in a while

Well it wasn't graphic like "L@@K @ this pudenda WHO@!" but like, why you gotta go there, Sachel. No one needs to see your dog in panties you made for it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

angerbot posted:

Well it wasn't graphic like "L@@K @ this pudenda WHO@!" but like, why you gotta go there, Sachel. No one needs to see your dog in panties you made for it.

that makes it a little less gross. I guess.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

not sure if thats related but people who are really into dogs animals are weird

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

not sure if thats related but people who are really into dogs are weird

I can get really into my dogs and do/say really stupid poo poo about them but all I have to do is imagine any one of my friends seeing me doing it and I ease up. Usually people who get too crazy have either surrounded themselves in an echo chamber with other people who are insane about dogs, or have shut themselves off from the world at large. I swear it's possible to own dogs and be healthy about it.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
pyf and adtrw are literal piss and poo poo coming out of my rear end and dick

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

angerbot posted:

I forget the whole deal with them, but it was a husband and wife posting pair, Sachel and SomethingOrOther DVangel who bred Afghan Hounds and had a really deep and disturbing love of the breed and would post pictures of the bitches in heat, wearing cloth diapers they had made so the dog didn't drip blood and various other juices around the house.

At that point it's pretty much just "crazy dog person" but they attacked other PI posters over stupid poo poo in basically all dog threads. Which is basically general PI posters, but what made it stand out was:

They creeped out other PI posters.

Off-site we drove both of them off the loving deep end because we were discussing dog fighting and it was goddamned hilarious because they lost their minds.

Kind of like the time I made you lose your mind with pictures of clouds.

Pet Island is terrible (or has been) because most of us that just want to say "gently caress off you stupid rear end in a top hat" to really retarded people who are like "hurr my dog was hit by a car can I fix this with some pepto bismal lol" were not allowed to do anything like that for a really long time. We're spergy about animals, sure, but we're just real interested in animal sciences and husbandry and poo poo like that. A lot of us want to see it be a better forum and since we have a mod who isn't balls to the wall endlessly exhausted and unable to mod, it probably will be.

TCC's a lot weirder to me because goons die in it a Lot and that just seems to be like shoulder shrugging levels of okay while they talk about how much oxy they just took or whatever. I don't care about any of this poo poo anywhere near as many words as I'm typing, but I'm really loving hungry and my blood sugar is kind of low and I'm waiting on my pizza and :words: happen.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Off-site we drove both of them off the loving deep end because we were discussing dog fighting and it was goddamned hilarious because they lost their minds.

Kind of like the time I made you lose your mind with pictures of clouds.

Pet Island is terrible (or has been) because most of us that just want to say "gently caress off you stupid rear end in a top hat" to really retarded people who are like "hurr my dog was hit by a car can I fix this with some pepto bismal lol" were not allowed to do anything like that for a really long time. We're spergy about animals, sure, but we're just real interested in animal sciences and husbandry and poo poo like that. A lot of us want to see it be a better forum and since we have a mod who isn't balls to the wall endlessly exhausted and unable to mod, it probably will be.

TCC's a lot weirder to me because goons die in it a Lot and that just seems to be like shoulder shrugging levels of okay while they talk about how much oxy they just took or whatever. I don't care about any of this poo poo anywhere near as many words as I'm typing, but I'm really loving hungry and my blood sugar is kind of low and I'm waiting on my pizza and :words: happen.

didnt know pet island had a gang tag

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
people die man, that's what they do *hits blunt*

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

several of the threads on the front page have been open for weeks and have 0 replies

and one of those 0 reply threads is a guy talking about how he registered to make it

wtf

im supporting him now. he is no longer lonely

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Imp Zone is probably the most normal and best subforum.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Waroduce posted:

didnt know pet island had a gang tag

We had an old one. We're replacing it with the new one.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Davincie posted:

im supporting him now. he is no longer lonely

you are a good man

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

We had an old one. We're replacing it with the new one.

I might have to double down...

For srs, TFR is pretty loving crazy to me. I stay out of there and just have friends relay the dumbassery.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have to say pet island because if I told the posters there that everyone in my family got their awesome, healthy, happy dogs from a :airquote:BACKYARD BREEDER:airquote: several of the posters there would have grand mal seizures. Other subforums just hit you with weak burns if you break from the accepted viewpoints

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have to vote pet island. if u buy a pet from a breeder u r literally hitler and hate all animal life

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

i have to vote pet island. if u buy a pet from a breeder u r literally hitler and hate all animal life

If that's the case, then the only one who purchases dogs from pet stores would be Satan, Lord of Lies.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 24, 2014

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
there is a subforum of a subforum for playing make believe that you are a wizard. i guess its for people who are so socially inept that no one wants to play d&d with them irl. i thought it would be pretty dead but none of the posts on the first page are older than two hours

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tbh playing d&d online is probably less embarassing than having a 40 year old man shout at you in a made up goblin language in a comic book store

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

proof of concept posted:

I have to say pet island because if I told the posters there that everyone in my family got their awesome, healthy, happy dogs from a :airquote:BACKYARD BREEDER:airquote: several of the posters there would have grand mal seizures. Other subforums just hit you with weak burns if you break from the accepted viewpoints

A Spider Covets posted:

Leroy Dennui posted:

If that's the case, than the only one who purchases dogs from pet stores would be Satan, Lord of Lies.

lol if you buy dogs, it's a loving scam. people will just give you dogs.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I didn't pay a cent for this dog and she is rad as gently caress

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

tbh playing d&d online is probably less embarassing than having a 40 year old man shout at you in a made up goblin language in a comic book store

i guess online no one irl has to know

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

You must live in Shaggy Butte.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

nah I only visit your mum on weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

thatbastardken posted:

they still wanted a particular breed of dog, they just didn't buy into the bullshit of only getting pups from showroom champions with genetic testing and extended warranties and blahblahblah that crazy dog people use to rope suckers into spending over a grand on a house pet
try saying that in PI though

• Locked thread