Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Remember, you're here to collect a debt, not party with a buncha crazy fruitcakes. Boss said to remind the innkeep he's got this place insured for a hefty sum, and let him know what'll happen if he don't have the money by morning. Whether or not the rest of us live to see it, he sure won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

There's not many performances left, it's five? Six, counting this one. Give it everything you've got, Charf, the more folks we convince to participate in the ritual, the more folks get to go on to the afterlife. And the last pageant got half the audience to agree to go to the ritual! You're not just helping, Charf, you're saving lives. Go break a leg out there!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
And mine will be One way or another, I'm dead by morning, so I might as well go out in style! Which means it's time for us to head over to the IC thread and start to RPing. You'll want to review pages 38-49 of the rules for information relevant to this process!

Oh, and I assumed all your characters are male because only one of you specified gender. If your character is female, just say and I'll make the correction in my post.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Okay, a few things on the IC thread. First, we seem to have a disagreement on what the scene is. I wanted it to be an inn full of revelers; EclecticTastes wants the inn to be relatively quiet. Now, since I went first, EclecticTastes can choose to Push, but I wanted to be sure he understood that he would be Pushing and didn't just misunderstand my post. (I am totally okay with the streets having revelers too! I just want the inn to be crowded.)

In addition, A RICH WHITE MAN established his character as being in the inn on the stairs, while EclecticTastes said there were no guards inside the inn. This can't be Pushed; A RICH WHITE MAN has final authority over his character. EclecticTastes could say Grikk didn't notice Glubgork - except for point three, which is that Glubgork made a huge commotion. Grikk needs to react to that in some way, even if to ignore it.

Two of you have posted pictures of your characters. That's great! Unfortunately, I was thinking of a specific picture when I described Kevan, and that picture seems to have gone away. I'll keep trying to find it. For the moment, though, note that Kevan takes more after a gecko than the general reptilian form of most kobolds (hence the eye-licking thing).

Finally, Abyssal Squid still needs to post something. He can wait until EclecticTastes has edited his post if he likes.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

FredMSloniker posted:

Okay, a few things on the IC thread. First, we seem to have a disagreement on what the scene is. I wanted it to be an inn full of revelers; EclecticTastes wants the inn to be relatively quiet. Now, since I went first, EclecticTastes can choose to Push, but I wanted to be sure he understood that he would be Pushing and didn't just misunderstand my post. (I am totally okay with the streets having revelers too! I just want the inn to be crowded.)

In addition, A RICH WHITE MAN established his character as being in the inn on the stairs, while EclecticTastes said there were no guards inside the inn. This can't be Pushed; A RICH WHITE MAN has final authority over his character. EclecticTastes could say Grikk didn't notice Glubgork - except for point three, which is that Glubgork made a huge commotion. Grikk needs to react to that in some way, even if to ignore it.

Two of you have posted pictures of your characters. That's great! Unfortunately, I was thinking of a specific picture when I described Kevan, and that picture seems to have gone away. I'll keep trying to find it. For the moment, though, note that Kevan takes more after a gecko than the general reptilian form of most kobolds (hence the eye-licking thing).

Finally, Abyssal Squid still needs to post something. He can wait until EclecticTastes has edited his post if he likes.

You might want to check the top line of my post. I'm adding to a different part of the night entirely, five hours prior. I'll catch up with the rest of you guys, but I needed a little extra time on the clock for my stuff, I thought it needed more input from you than I'd be able to get from just establishing it as background. Also, it'll be fun working to avoid contradicting the scenes happening later.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, I've been feeling exhausted lately, but I've got a good hook for Chuppy that I'll write up this evening. I'll probably give him some performing companions, but I'll try to keep the cast small and allow for a fair amount of audience participation.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

You might want to check the top line of my post. I'm adding to a different part of the night entirely, five hours prior.
Oh! Well then, my concern is that it'd give Abyssal Squid and A RICH WHITE MAN nothing to do, unless they want to grab some secondary characters. What do you two think? Do you want to rewind the Scene a bit? If not, EclecticTastes can just establish how the meeting went, and if I have a problem with that, I can Push.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I could go one of two ways, either EclecticTastes does his thing at T-5h while everybody else does their thing at T-1h (you might have to pull double-duty, Fred, if you're up for that) or we can Push to have the meeting established in flashbacks while the party goes on. Either way, I think it's less disruptive and more in the spirit of the game to retcon as little as possible, so the main timeline should stay at T-1h..

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Abyssal Squid posted:

I could go one of two ways, either EclecticTastes does his thing at T-5h while everybody else does their thing at T-1h (you might have to pull double-duty, Fred, if you're up for that) or we can Push to have the meeting established in flashbacks while the party goes on. Either way, I think it's less disruptive and more in the spirit of the game to retcon as little as possible, so the main timeline should stay at T-1h..

Precisely. Feel free to do whatever at your point in time, I'll maneuver around it. More fun for me that way.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I think that trying to do the six-hours-prior thing and the one-hour-prior thing at the same time would be like trying to do two Scenes at once. I'd prefer to stay in the 'now', and if EclecticTastes wants to RP that earlier bit, he can make it in its own Scene later. For now, EclecticTastes, can you take out your six-hour-prior pose and replace it with a one-hour-prior pose? You can establish what you like about what happened then, and I'll Push only if I have a serious issue with any of it.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I reworded the first bit into a flashback, and added something going on at present, though now things are slightly inside-out, as my first post now comes after Squid's first post.

EDIT: Hold on, need to edit, I was working mainly off squid's "thoughts" which don't quite reflect his post.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, the "five more shows tonight" was when I was expecting there to be enough time left in the night to do five more shows, and one hour really wasn't. I originally put in Chuppy's thoughts that it was the last show of the night but I can't remember why I changed it, and I somehow forgot that everybody else can't read my mind. :I

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Actually, if you guys want to just back the whole Scene up and start earlier, I'm okay with that. I just don't want to be doing two Scenes at once.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Should I back the Scene up?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Nah, it's fine, man, we got it covered. We're just figuring out why the place burned down, and if someone really needs details added that work towards answering that, they can just have it as a quick flashback, since you don't want anachronic narrative in your scene.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Sorry for the wait! I've gone ahead and posted. Unfortunately, I wound up invalidating much of EclecticTastes' post in the process, given that I had different ideas for what Kevan would do. Go ahead and edit out the conflicting stuff, then post anew, okay? I think I can handle extending the 'four hours ago' scene too.

Also, Kevan's cheeks aren't fuzzy. :v: He's kind of a gecko man.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Uh. Is it quiet because of the holidays, or did I screw something up?

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

FredMSloniker posted:

Uh. Is it quiet because of the holidays, or did I screw something up?

just the holidays for me. busy at work + busy with family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, just swamped over here too.

• Locked thread