Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

who cares

im a direct descendant of ubbe the dane of the great heathen army.. most of my ancestors are lawyers or pastors

post cool stories about your ancestors even though it doesnt matter in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
they're gay

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i presume they hosed occasionally

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

emperors of byzantium

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Trash, loving trash day in and day out

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Whorelord posted:

emperors of byzantium

pretty impressive imo

Irrational Bees posted:

Trash, loving trash day in and day out

how so

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
as a member of the gore family i guess my ancestors ruled the irish and owned blacks

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Literal trash people.

LOL jk my family has excellent military history, my grandpa was a brigadier general during the Korean war. But me being a dumb tranni hosed it all up!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland.

cool, elaborate?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

TEAYCHES posted:

cool, elaborate?

My Greatx14 Grandpa

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i can speak for most of us when i say he united the barbarian tribes of the steppes and raped his way across europe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

One of my ancestors is a fairly celebrated war hero in SA.
My other ancestor was a raging rear end in a top hat who beat the poo poo out of like three people at a bar singlehandedly once.

My uncle loves telling me that last story.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm australian and the guy who was sent to the penal colony was a badass highwayman who killed like, two dozen people over a decade

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
total pieces of poo poo in general

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

they grew olives and cork op

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
stole horses, caught the first boat over to america that they could, disappeared into the florida swamps/new jersey. presumably they also drank heavily and got shot by the occasional englishman.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

as a member of the gore family i guess my ancestors ruled the irish and owned blacks

Holy poo poo dude, I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not. But one of your ancestors created the internet!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
slaves

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
starve

they came to the states during the irish potato famine lol

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
My ancestors used to own a pretty huge chunk of Sydney. From the courthouse at Taylor Square down to the water, so Potts Point, Rushcutters Bay, basically everything north of Boundary Street. The boundaries were disputed though, and I think eventually the Government stole it back, or changed the title to a 99 year lease for 50 pounds or something. It would be worth billions now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm adopted so I legitimately have no loving clue :smith:

Based on my looks and what little I know about my ancestry though I'm guessing they were Spanish colonists and probably really awful human beings.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk, probably ur mam

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I asked my parents and they said "lol who gives a poo poo" sorry op

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

welfare op

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Quakers on the dad side French fur trappers on the mother. Needless to say I can grow a hell of a beard.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i come from a long line of cumshot gurus my last name is "daJizza"

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

my ancestors were all mecha pilots

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
My great-uncle is Rudolf Hess, not sure if that counts though.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

dad's side were deli owners and whatever jews could do in 1700's lithuania
mom's side were bootleggers, subsistence farmers, and literal Appalachian hill people

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Chop cotton.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

when i was a kid at a funeral for someone on my mom's side of the family i had a distant great aunt try and hook me up with my second cousin

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Lumberjacks.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Tradesmen

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
Kicked Spain's rear end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

My great-uncle is Rudolf Hess, not sure if that counts though.

That's pretty cool, and you have the kudos that your Nazi great-uncle wasn't around when they starting doing a lot of the bad poo poo.

I think all my direct ancestors were either writers or engineers. I have little talent in either.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

Ogden had frequent run-ins with the rival Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) employees and engaged in physical violence on several occasions. In 1816, HBC clerks reported that Ogden killed an Indian who had traded with the Hudson's Bay Company. The Indian was "butchered in a most cruel manner," according to HBC officer James Bird. Although many in the North West Company viewed this as a necessary part of living in the Northwest, the HBC viewed Ogden as a dangerous man whose actions were deplorable, especially considering his background as the son of a judge. Ogden was charged with murder, and the North West Company moved him further west to attempt to avoid any further confrontations with the HBC.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Octy posted:

That's pretty cool, and you have the kudos that your Nazi great-uncle wasn't around when they starting doing a lot of the bad poo poo.

I think all my direct ancestors were either writers or engineers. I have little talent in either.

My grandma actually has been telling a lot of stories about it lately, it's really cool in a chilling way.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Baker 2 posted:

My grandma actually has been telling a lot of stories about it lately, it's really cool in a chilling way.

He was just as bad as other Nazis he just lucked out. You have Nazi blood bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

mookface posted:

He was just as bad as other Nazis he just lucked out. You have Nazi blood bro.

I know. It's okay though I'm a founding member of the Jewish Student Union at my college. I'm not Jewish, and it was super awk discussing our family history.

Other half of my family died during the Armenian Genocide. What can ya do?

• Locked thread