Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

Timecrimes was good too

And Triangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

JebanyPedal posted:

I actually loved that movie. What a weird retarded but awesome movie.

i liked the part where tom hanks talked all retard, and hugo weaving dressed up in drag

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Professor Shark posted:

gently caress, I was hoping I could respond to Joe's post in time... Upstream Color is made by the same guy who did Primer, but unlike Primer it's a really, really loving terrible movie and the director decided to become an actor and he sucks at it and the whole movie is just poo poo.

Dude, I down't want to blow your mind, but look up the name of the director of Upstream Color and Primer, and then look up the name of the actor who played Aaron in Primer.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Dude, I down't want to blow your mind, but look up the name of the director of Upstream Color and Primer, and then look up the name of the actor who played Aaron in Primer.

I guess I'd forgotten about that. His acting is worse and very melodramatic and terrible in Upstream Color at any rate. In Primer he acts the way people act, in Upstream he acts the way that stage actors act.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

op I think you forgot about a little movie called Equilibrium.

lmao, Equilibrium is loving awful.

Those who have mentioned Cloud Atlas are wrong. Not because it's bad (it's terrific and one of my favorites of the decade so far) but it's a whole amalgamation of genres and doesn't really completely fit the conventions of SciFi.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
didn't read thread, moon was a movie with a good concept/idea everything else was terrible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

saw snowpiercer last night

gotta love a movie that fully commits to a premise so ridiculous.

was entertaining as hell

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

saw snowpiercer last night

gotta love a movie that fully commits to a premise so ridiculous.

was entertaining as hell

Chris Evans is always dreamy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tTm2cyfmDU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufzNMqqKCi8

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

beatlegs posted:

So was that one movie from a few years ago about a 2nd "mirror earth" being discovered any good? I heard weird things about it.

i thought it was actually pretty cool, but it's more of a drama with a single sci-fi plot device than an actual sci-fi movie

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

if you need a timeline to understand interstellar youre seriously deficient

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

prezbuluskey posted:

yeah and also that timeline actually makes things more confusing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

prezbuluskey posted:

Also just like Sunshine it had the evil space astronaut tone change.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

down with slavery posted:

has sean bean ever not died in media hes in?

He should start demanding the Queen Latifah contract

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

etalian posted:

Timecrimes was good too

Hahahahahahahha, look at this idiot!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

down with slavery posted:

has sean bean ever not died in media hes in?

he lived in Ronin.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FizFashizzle posted:

he lived in Ronin.

He got fired, though, and he was dumb enough he probably got shot a week later.

He lived in Silent Hill.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
There was another movie before silent hill where his dead wife was watching him from the after life just like at the end of silent hill.Something Dark or Dark Something or Something Something. I think he died in Silent Hill 2 anyway, hard to tell as I lost any semblance of interest in it towards the middle. On topic I saw Lucy last night and it had its flaws but it was way better than Moon in every way apart from a complete absence of lunar driving scenes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

After watching Equilibrium I'm now on to dystopia movies.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Professor Shark posted:

gently caress, I was hoping I could respond to Joe's post in time... Upstream Color is made by the same guy who did Primer, but unlike Primer it's a really, really loving terrible movie and the director decided to become an actor and he sucks at it and the whole movie is just poo poo.

I can't say enough good things about Primer, though. It's up there for one of the best sci-fi's ever made, and is easily the best Time Travel movie ever made.

Ethan Hawke just released Predestination, which is based on a short story by the guy who wrote Starship Troopers, and it's pretty okay.

the director was one of the two main characters in primer, too. moran

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Stupid graphic design majors make things that no one who watched the movie actually needs

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

except primer is a bad movie

nice to see this thread still going

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Here's a fun fact about Predator 2. It's not supposed to take place during an unusually hot summer, the director just assumed that all summers would be that hot by the far-off sci-fi year of 1997 because of global warming.

Also, much like Escape From New York and Robocop before it, it also was going off predictions that the crime rate would skyrocket by 1997, which didn't happen due to a majority of factors from legalized abortion, banning lead paint, and increased law enforcement.

etalian posted:

Cool ship design, makes me things of those neat Terran Trade Authority books

That's because it's from Chris Foss, one of the artists who illustrated those books.

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

Young Freud posted:

Also, much like Escape From New York and Robocop before it, it also was going off predictions that the crime rate would skyrocket by 1997, which didn't happen due to a majority of factors from legalized abortion, banning lead paint, and increased law enforcement.

And Gun Ownership...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Wizard of Poz posted:

yeah and also that timeline actually makes things more confusing

It made me lol over all the hype how interstellar had amazing science concepts or even a deep complex story.

Things like time dilation due to relatively have never been used before in science fiction movies

:wth:

• Locked thread