Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Moon was really good and I honestly felt bad for the protagonist

I haven't seen Primer, Looper, Sunshine or Prometheus so I'll have to look for those. Hopefully at least one of them will be available via Netflix Streaming or Amazon Prime.

Prometheus was v bad, but i guess worth a view to see it. Add Europa Report to the list if you want more sci-fi. I'd also add Oblivion to the list, it's kind of mediocre but has some moments and beautifully done at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

etalian posted:

-Monsters

seen everything else and i more or less agree with that but i never saw this. is this movie good?

also if you're being technically 2000+, what about Pitch Black??

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Frackie Robinson posted:

Does Children of Men count as science fiction, because if it does then it's the only correct answer.

ehh it kind of does and probably technically is, but i wouldnt exactly count it as scifi, or at least it's not what immediately comes to mind when describing it :shrug:

also Minority Report was good at the time. e: and A Scanner Darkly.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 24, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

down with slavery posted:

lol if you watch superhero movies and are above the age of 14

gently caress you. Dredd is amazing... mods??

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Thuryl posted:

the other good sf movie i've seen in a cinema in the past few years was gravity but that was good in a very different way.
i thought gravity was boring to mediocre, with some dece visuals that couldn't carry it.

oh hey im george clooney let me fart around in space wooops outta :gas:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fewd posted:

Equilibrium was pretty goddamned stupid too, but it's one of those movies that are so stupid the stupid meter overflows and the movie becomes good instead.

:hfive:

Equilibrum was one of my favorite movies in the early 2000s. whereas a lot of movies have a "heh, our movie IS stupid we know it! LOOK LOL ITS SO STUPID! *wink wink*" which actually detracts and just makes it flat out lovely and waste of everyone's time. but Equilbrium is completely serious in it's stupidness which actually makes it fun to watch

gently caress aeon flux though

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

down with slavery posted:

I remembered liking equilibrium as a child and then recently saw it on netflix and was like "oh yeah, I remember that, it was kinda cool". turned it off after 5 minutes, what a pile of poo poo

just watch the matrix, it does equilibrium better than equilibrium does
oh... that's too bad. I admit I haven't seen it in probably 8 years (drat time flies) so maybe I'd have the same reaction. i think eq does have some good combat scenes (but mostly far and few between) that are better than some in the matrix

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Goldeneye was ahead of its time because they killed Sean Bean... syke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

numberoneposter posted:

i liked europa report but the ending was a huge meh
i thought the ending was hte only good part :shrug:

• Locked thread