Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

No. 6 posted:

Interstellar has some hosed up science, but is mostly enjoyable.

look out, this goon here knows more about science than the several world-renowned physicists who have praised the film's handling of science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Moon owned but Source Code was a huge steaming pile of poo poo. and duncan jones is now making a warcraft movie what the gently caress

i was pretty loving excited for Source Code after loving Moon and i can't put into words just how utterly disappointed i was. with the warcraft movie coming up i can only assume duncan jones spent all the ability he had on Moon and will now produce nothing more of any value

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

I watched Interstellar. What the gently caress was that bullshit with the black hole? I was watching a decent, if overly slow, film about science and then this poo poo pops up. I should've expected this after that crap with the ghost in the beginning but god dammit.

yeah its hard to understand things that are explicitely explained in the dialogue

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

"the black hole stuff in interstellar actually bothers you" should be added to the official pathology of autism

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i liked europa report but the ending was a huge meh, these movies need like double plot twists or something like yah aliens great, i expected that all along so its not really a plot twist but how about aliens and then something else, like how moon handled the reveal, it wasnt the end of the movie there was more too it

watched half of monsters and had to turn it off, holy i didnt sign on for a slightly dangerous monster movie where main guy is some loner party boy photographer perpetually friend zoned probably until the final scene where he gets the girl, i wouldnt know because i couldnt take any more of it

makes cloverfield look like high art

watching sunshine now

yeah moon was great because the story just gradually unfolded, the twists were just there rather than occurring after some massive musical cue and expository dialogue

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

beatlegs posted:

So was that one movie from a few years ago about a 2nd "mirror earth" being discovered any good? I heard weird things about it.

i thought it was actually pretty cool, but it's more of a drama with a single sci-fi plot device than an actual sci-fi movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

prezbuluskey posted:

if you need a timeline to understand interstellar youre seriously deficient

yeah and also that timeline actually makes things more confusing

• Locked thread