Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

OP is right. A better scifi movie hasn't come out since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Interstellar has some hosed up science, but is mostly enjoyable. Sunshine was OK but had a weird twist at the end which changed the whole feel of the film. Primer was pretty awesome but more cognitive than most.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Volume posted:

Moon was fantastic. Also check out Europa Report.

Was OK. 2.5 stars, not worth more than 1 viewing. LOL if you didn't like Primer.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Saw him live two weeks ago. Good guy.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

breaklaw posted:

Edge of Tomorrow, Looper, Europa Report - all better than Moon.

Look at this idiot with wrong opinions.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Computers can't walk around, duh.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

A valid challenge and if you want to call me a bitch for not taking you up on it that's fair (I am being a lazy bitch) but really the only reason you're saying that is because you know I'm not going to bother to do it.

And all those automated "dumb" harvesting machines we see along with Spacey-bot's semi-mobile AI unit are just weird aberrations.

Uhh they're too big to walk around both outside and inside.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Smowpiercer was a dumb movie for dumb babies. Its entire premise is just plain ridiculous. It felt like Equilibrium had a retarded bastard child.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Fewd posted:

Equilibrium was pretty goddamned stupid too, but it's one of those movies that are so stupid the stupid meter overflows and the movie becomes good instead.

In other news, everyone who like actual good scifi movies instead of hemorrhoids like Snowpiercer, should watch The Machine. It is a good movie.

I wasn't saying that Equilibrium was bad, just that Snowpiercer seemed to also exist in a not quite fully thought out post-apocolypic dystopian future in which one grizzled white man is going to bring salvation to the masses. Equilibrium had better action, better story, and better "plot." It wasn't bad, it wasn't great but was leagues about Shitpiercer.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Watch all of Wave Twisters. Is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

etalian posted:

Timecrimes was good too

Hahahahahahahha, look at this idiot!

• Locked thread