Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I once had fried pepperoni and mushrooms on a burger and it was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

texaholic posted:

Goons,

Fresh Jalapenos are a must have on hamburgers. Most other things are cool but some aren't. Please discuss here. Thanks.

-Texaholic

you dice garlic jalapeno and onions then you mix it into your beef with some mustard, i like to do 15% fat for my beef so it fries up real good in a pan because i don't got a grill.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

the joke is that you don't you go eat something not dumb

that joke is kind of a letdown :smith:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

TOILETLORD posted:

you dice garlic jalapeno and onions then you mix it into your beef with some mustard, i like to do 15% fat for my beef so it fries up real good in a pan because i don't got a grill.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

proof of concept posted:

that joke is kind of a letdown :smith:

now say it like you would if I wasn't a mod

I'll take my hat off

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

now say it like you would if I wasn't a mod

I'll take my hat off

i got nothing

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I'm just giving you poo poo man

GBS could not ask for a more easygoing mod than me

everybody get in the pool

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm just giving you poo poo man

GBS could not ask for a more easygoing mod than me

everybody get in the pool

I like you. You're a good mod.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i oppose the general good spiritedness of gnarlyhotep but can't bring myself to earnestly sass him

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I like you. You're a good mod.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
jalapenos on a burger are good as a treat but not something I want to eat everytime, same with spanish fries

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Jalapenos are good for eating lovely food you don't want to taste.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Congratulations thread!

You have now made jalapenos into some hipster poo poo.

From this day forth, jalapenos will be the skinny jeans of the burger world.

Next thing you know people will be putting it in their chili.

I hope you are happy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

proof of concept posted:

call it morbid curiosity

morbid obesity..

theres a nice sit-down burger chain here (Eurkea) that serves this hamburger and it owns: fried egg / cheddar / bacon / spicy chipotle sauce / jalapeņos

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 24, 2014

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I once had fried pepperoni and mushrooms on a burger and it was really good.

I make fried pepperoni for my niece and nephew as a snack, they love it. just put sliced pepperoni in the toaster oven on a tray (use tinfoil to avoid a greasy mess) and put the oven on toast. it makes the pepperoni hot and cripsy with a layer of pepperoni juice/grease on them.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Simstim posted:

I make fried pepperoni for my niece and nephew as a snack, they love it. just put sliced pepperoni in the toaster oven on a tray (use tinfoil to avoid a greasy mess) and put the oven on toast. it makes the pepperoni hot and cripsy with a layer of pepperoni juice/grease on them.

loving drooling over this

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Xaris posted:

morbid obesity..

theres a nice sit-down burger chain here (Eurkea) that serves this hamburger and it owns: fried egg / cheddar / bacon / spicy chipotle sauce / jalapeņos

There's a place here called Manhattan Gastropub has the same burg but with no egg, mozza instead of cheddar, and with spicy pickled cucumbers.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

down with slavery posted:

how do you feel about mayo on burgers?

Disgusting, use mustard

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

here's a bit of advice: grind up a jalapeno and mix it into the ground beef. thank me later :)

That's what I do. I grow them all summer and put them all up in the hamburger's bidness before cooking. It's awesome.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
hey guys...jalapenis lol

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
u know what pisses me off?

gringo faggots who mispronounce jalapeņos as jalapinios. go gently caress urself faggts

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Simstim posted:

I didn't know other people did this. These are great.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

texaholic posted:

Disgusting, use mustard

wow so judgemental

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's this burger joint I used to go to that had a burger with fried jalapeños and chipolte mayo on it, it was loving delicious

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I am never sure if goons legitally care about what other goons eat/watch/play etc or they are flipping out over things ironically, but the best tasteing burger is the burger that tastes best in your own mouth.

That being said, fresh jalapenos are good on everything, espically on burgers, they just have an awesome taste. A little bit of heat, with out sweating over your plate. Though chipolette sauce is really awesome too, smoking jalapenos brings out a even more awesome flavour. If you are cooking on a pan with oil chop up some fresh garlic into the oil first, makes your burgers even more awesome.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Shnag posted:

I am never sure if goons legitally care about what other goons eat/watch/play etc or they are flipping out over things ironically, but the best tasteing burger is the burger that tastes best in your own mouth.
This. Choose to burg in whichever way you see fit, goons. :cool:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lots of terrible amateur opinions getting thrown around this thread, if you ask me

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

smoobles posted:

lots of terrible amateur opinions getting thrown around this thread, if you ask me
What, in your opinion, makes a good burger topping? :)

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

numberoneposter posted:

god tier is a egg over easy

Over Medium for me, but yes...fried egg is the Cadillac of burger toppings.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know what doesn't belong on a burger? BBQ sauce. Get out of here with that poo poo.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

whataburger #4 meal

Geniepolice
Feb 14, 2005

No wishes, only creepy
I'm allergic to jalapenos, so gently caress them and gently caress you.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Zero Star posted:

Based on the lack of follow-up replies, I can only assume that forum user 'smoobles' does not like burgers at all!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Zero Star posted:

smaller burgers

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Applewhite posted:

You know what doesn't belong on a burger? BBQ sauce. Get out of here with that poo poo.

Bbq sauce plus onion rings is the exception

Michael Arlowe
Feb 19, 2011

and your a little faggot that has no friends , you retarded mushroom
It's not really a burger unless it's topped with beef imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TOILETLORD posted:

Grilled burgers are overrated IMO a good pan/griddle Burger gets some great crust

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
explain why people think it's a good idea to eat unseasoned beef then stack things on top of it like a retard?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TOILETLORD posted:

explain why people think it's a good idea to eat unseasoned beef then stack things on top of it like a retard?

You're right, people who don't at least add some salt and pepper to the beef before forming and cooking the patties are doing it wrong. I like to add garlic and maybe some thyme as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Dr Cheeto posted:

You're right, people who don't at least add some salt and pepper to the beef before forming and cooking the patties are doing it wrong. I like to add garlic and maybe some thyme as well.

also when forming patties you gotta be careful not to smash the meat up too much or they cook up too dense and dry

• Locked thread