Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
is it this?

it might be these guys

could it be this? was this a real character?

actually it's probably this

you might be thinking it's this

trick question nerds, it's actually all of it, it's all terrible :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

could you imagine if there was an EU for the rambo series? like how dumb would that be. nerds ruin everything.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

All of this owns op

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
the star wars EU in its entirety

edit. actually, all EU of anything, i feel dirty even typing it

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I think the question you want to ask op "is there anything in the EU that isn't cringeworthy"

Dianetics
Jun 6, 2014
Does the fact that I have no idea what any of this stuff is make me a better person than the OP?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Dianetics posted:

Does the fact that I have no idea what any of this stuff is make me a better person than the OP?

reverse trick question, the EU is cool as gently caress, revan forever :owned:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Gotta go with the Emperor coming back from the dead multiple times.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

numberoneposter posted:

could you imagine if there was an EU for the rambo series? like how dumb would that be. nerds ruin everything.

We don't need to imagine the Rambo EU because that's totally a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLop82LjV48

quote:

Episode 24 "Mephisto's Magic"
When Rambo and his team stop General Warhawk's plot to steal the Liberty Bell, General Stedring insists to Colonel Trautman that his army be used next time. This problem comes into conflict when General Warhawk and his magician ally Mephisto successfully steal the Washington Monument.

quote:

Episode 37 "S.A.V.A.G.E. Rustlers"
Rambo's team helps a rancher named Shane Dobbs who cattle have been stolen by Mad Dog. They soon discover that S.A.V.A.G.E. is in an alliance with an outlaw scientist named Dr. Gore to slip a belligerence formula into the beef which will cause all humans and animals to act very mean. This beef is planned to be used on the US Army soldiers which will cause a lot of chaos.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 24, 2014

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

The Monkey Man posted:

Gotta go with the Emperor coming back from the dead multiple times.

Those graphic novels were rad actually. Except for Slave II, that was a punk ship.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EU is pretty bad and might cause brain damage.

hth OP.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

down with slavery posted:

the star wars EU in its entirety

edit. actually, all EU of anything, i feel dirty even typing it

Close to truth. Even Thrawn is a mary sue villain who can do no wrong.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
actually OP: it's this wookiepedia page: :nws: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast :nws:

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
My favorite book of al time is "the truce at Bakura". I read it at least 2-3 times a year

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
"T'ra Saa, a tree with pronounced breasts."

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

That's not the EU. The Ewoks cartoon however...

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
did anyone in the EU ever make a suit of armour that is entirely light sabers?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

actually OP: it's this wookiepedia page: :nws: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast :nws:

:nws:http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101127053544/starwars/images/c/c6/Aayla_sleeping.jpg:nws:

ooh la la

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even by Sturgeon's Law Star Wars is loving terrible. You have literally 2.5 good movies, some good video games (namely KOTOR, X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Rogue Squadron, and Jedi Academy), that Clone Wars cartoon Tarkatovsky did, and maybe the Thrawn trilogy and that's basically loving it. That sounds like a lot but we're talking about such a glut of material over 40 years that it's almost obscene that more of it isn't worth more than a wank and a smile.

Like when Doctor Who and Star Trek's EUs kick the poo poo out of yours, maybe it's not nearly as fertile a franchise as you've been lead to believe.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
i liked the game 'kotor' which i believe is eu

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

kotor is the only good thing.

chewie has a moon dropped on him.

my friend has recently got into EU. He is 32 and not really a nerd. wt.f

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

this is hayden christensen's weirdly sexualized 14 year old "padawan" (that's a stupid word the prequels invented that means apprentice)

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBkRs3pPKI

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

opus111 posted:

my friend has recently got into EU. He is 32 and not really a nerd.
is this a "pick 2"

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

what happened to that thread dedicated to goons reading and reviewing loving horrible star wars EU books and comics?

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

How every bit character, extra, and even person who is named but never shown on screen has to have an elaborate backstory.

Like in Episode II, when the head of the cloning program tells Obi-Wan that the clone army was ordered by some jedi master called Sifo Dyas, and Obi-Wan is like, "he died 10 years ago," and there's no record of him ever doing so, or even having had the authorization to do so, so we're clearly meant to suspect that it was really Palpatine who ordered up the army using a dead jedi master's name as a cover right after he became Chancellor 10 years ago.

but nope some EU author went and wrote about how right before his death Sifo Dyas has a vision of a coming darkness and decided to secretly order the creation of an army and blah blah blah

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Loden Taylor posted:

How every bit character, extra, and even person who is named but never shown on screen has to have an elaborate backstory.

Like in Episode II, when the head of the cloning program tells Obi-Wan that the clone army was ordered by some jedi master called Sifo Dyas, and Obi-Wan is like, "he's died 10 years ago," and there's no record of him ever doing so, or even having had the authorization to do so, so we're clearly meant to suspect that it was really Palpatine who ordered up the army using a dead jedi master's name as a cover right after he became Chancellor 10 years ago.

but nope some EU author went and wrote about how right before his death Sifo Dyas has a vision of a coming darkness and decided to secretly order the creation of an army and blah blah blah

no that was actually george lucas's intention. the back story for sifo-dyas came directly from him

george lucas is a hack and that's the real reason the EU sucks as bad as it does. because it's all based on poo poo he thought of

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
look i'll fight anyone who doesn't agree at least 40% of clone wars was great.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

TOILETLORD posted:

look i'll fight anyone who doesn't agree at least 40% of clone wars was great.

was 40% the amount that was actually about the clones and fighting in the war? because that was p.cool. rest was poo poo.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

KiteAuraan posted:

was 40% the amount that was actually about the clones and fighting in the war? because that was p.cool. rest was poo poo.

everything that wasn't the droids padme jarjar or politics unless the politics was solved through violence.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Cnut the Great posted:

no that was actually george lucas's intention. the back story for sifo-dyas came directly from him

george lucas is a hack and that's the real reason the EU sucks as bad as it does. because it's all based on poo poo he thought of

I went and looked again and you're right.

quote:

In early drafts of Attack of the Clones, the name of the Jedi who contacted the Kaminoans was Sido-Dyas, pointing to a likely early conceptual connection to Darth Sidious. However, interestingly, "Sifo-Dyas" appears in one place, apparently as a typing mistake (as the D and F letters are located next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard) that Lucas later preferred to the original name.[11]

In addition, "Sido-Dyas" was originally only a false identity for Sidious—Obi-Wan Kenobi claimed never to have heard of him, and Mace Windu confirmed that there was no Jedi by that name.[11]

His backstory was promised by George Lucas to be revealed in Revenge of the Sith,[12] but instead was explained in the lead-in novel Labyrinth of Evil.

Even when he's got an idea that's not completely incompetent he has to go back and gently caress it up.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just wait till the next kingdom hearts game has a starwars world.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

is this a "pick 2"

I dunno what that means but I went to his house for the first time in ages and he goes look check this out and revealed an enter shelf of EU and j like lol wtf mate.

naem
May 29, 2011

If the onion wrote a troll article with fake stars wars stuff it couldn't possibly be worse than the prequels

Like even if they made it extra ridiculous

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the clone wars just makes me want a tv series and movie series dedicated to cad bane.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
KOTOR 2 is better than anything outside of (and maybe including?) the original trilogy

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gohuskies posted:

KOTOR 2 is better than anything outside of (and maybe including?) the original trilogy

not as released you got to get the patch to fix that train wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

gohuskies posted:

agreed, but it's a catch-22 because you have to be familiar with the EU to really appreciate how hard KOTOR2 is trashing it

• Locked thread