Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Wallastra
9/16 BP

"I have faith in your ability doctor, I leave it in your capable hands"

And so he left them, he would inform his Utopia Sect check up regularly on her progress, hopefully without having to intervine personally.

That leaves another matter of where the others were when the fell. The walls were quiet, the plains surrounding the city were even more so, it was almost as if the city was adrift in a sea if snow as far as the eye can see. But if someone were to attack us in this state it would be disastrous.

Where fell the God of War

Where oh where between the [+2] Ancient Compact and the [+4] The Grand Design from the memory of the stones and the people [+4] Voice of the People, did the God of War fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Belet-Seri, Scribe of the Earth

Finally! Belet-Seri breathes a sigh of relief as the last of the horrors succumbs to her divine will and the power of the Seals. After checking again and again to ensure not the slightest hint of another presence remained to threaten the Seals, she returns to the apex of the Ziggurat to replenish her power. She wasn't entirely sure she knew how the complete system worked, but she had enough experience already with the Seals to understand how to tap into them in a controlled fashion.

Trying to replenish some AP via the Obsidian Ziggurat. Even if my death-related powers are ideologically opposed to necromancy, they are nevertheless relevant, so I'm applying +2 Inbetween All Worlds. LIkewise working with the obscure magical technology allows me to apply +2 Everything New Under the Sun, for a total of +4 along with +??? Seals.

Remaining AP: 1/16

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Parelle - Home

"I-I love you Parelle."

Pirsuq mumbled and flinched, looking away from Parelle's fierce gaze as he met her embrace. He was rigid but gradually softened, the flush of liquor and close contact between them settling the shivers of adrenaline and fright which he had been plagued with, and when she raised her hand to calmingly stroke his hair he didn't flinch. Slowly and deliberately she let him go, taking his hand in hers and resting it on Reggie's concave brow.

"Find the sickness and wrongness inside Reggie, and together we'll blow it straight out."

Pirsuq quailed, pulling back instinctively as soon as his fingers touched broken bone and pulped flesh but Parelle shook her head and quietly soothed him as her warm light suffused them both.

"It's ok. We're not going to hurt Reggie. We're helping him. Shh, it's ok..."

She remember Reggie as he had been as opposed to how he was now. Reggi was the kind and soft spoken God who built houses for birds in the summer, toured the burgeoning dams of the beavers (his most loved and doted upon animal) in the fall, and who had marveled quietly from the window together with her at the complex and winding temporary tunnels of the snow rodents in the winter. Aside from Parelle, Reggie was the one who'd kept closest to home. When her other brothers had brought mortals knowledge of fire, hunting, and war, it was Reggie who'd stayed behind and helped her teach them about the importance of home and hearth.The light filled them both, spilling into the dead void that was Reggie's soul.

Reggie's eyes fluttered as he gasped and flopped on the ground, the weight of divine force driving through him forcing his wounds shut and into health. The pallor of his skin fluctuated and shifted before settling into a glow of health as he fell backwards into a deep sleep.

PARELLE (+14) casts True Revival on REGGIE! REGGIE was unconscious and did not resist! Roll was success! REGGIE has been revived(?) REGGIE's Flaw has changed from -2 Undeath is Life to -2 Resurrected God! REGGIE is still unconscious and will be for another round!

Wallastra

Taking Wallastra's confidence for whatever it was worth, the healer-mind turned its attentions towards the dying woman and began the process of applying unguents, therapeutic massages, and whichever other treatments would probably do no harm while Wallastra's wizards watched on. The former raiders and those of the city who had joined the Utopians observed every move and action of the fragmented God clearly, taking notes and muttering quietly amongst themselves about medicine being the keystone to the arch of a perfect state.

But Wallastra had other things to do. Disembodied, singular in form, and simultaneously encompassed by every living person within his walls at once, Wallastra walked through the city and its memories in search of where his pantheon's War God had died. Or how. Given the chaos and industry since his resurrection it seemed hardly unusual that nobody had bothered telling him how or when the other Five had died, and his own disjointed and painful memories on their own weren't much help. There.

The Lion's Gate, above the fabled arch, defending a crumbling wall. Wallastra had died. The Waterlord had died. The remaining Five were an admixture of those poisoned or weakened by the touch of the Ice or mega-deaths of humanity, elements, and infrastructure alike. Here.

The raiders had come. A pair of gods. Siblings, lovers, spouses, parent and child, or all, two Gods had descended upon the city at the head of a host of refugee invaders seeking warmth, escape via the waterways, and Wallastra's fabled stores. The Warmaster had met them first in parlay and again in embattled defense atop the city's wall and by whatever means the two had been victorious, drinking deep of their victory before driving deeply into the city and their ultimate defeat and withdrawal. Wallastra's revival and the Firebird's sacrifice had done that much at least.

WALLASTRA (+10) scrys for the location/details of the Warmaster's death! Roll was success! The God of War was murdered by a pair of wandering deities, leading a host of raider-refugees attempting to loot the city's stores! The specific location would be atop the city's now-repaired wall at one of its major gates, which apparently has some badass lions carved into it. Warmaster was eaten, the twins got pretty deep into the city before being driven off, and welp that's history.

Belet-Seri, Scribe of the Earth - Beneath Thaisaidain

Through cautious study and examination of the seal Belet-Seri knew that it contained a vast and untapped amount of raw divine power. One could, with sufficient cunning and care, drink from the mighty font without disturbing the operation of the seal or risking being trapped or destroyed by those same energies herself. Carefully and knowingly she inscribed her own lesser glyphs, not quite diverting or draining energy from the system but merely tapping the edges of the dangerous runoff. She knelt and blew life and power into her work, willing it to tap the trapped force safely and in a controlled fashion. She had come Beneath Thaisaidain to once again try her hand and at the potent seals Beneath. She grinned. Dangerous but risky-easy. Like stealing fire from the sky Gods.

So much power! Either the low light Beneath dimmed or she blazed neutron hot as the font Beneath blasted from her ad-hoc glyphs and into her, rooting her to the spot. Power, raw, heady, and almost unimaginable power filled her as she moved to cancel her spell before it could burn her apart from the inside out. Belet-Seri reached, slowly and as if underwater as the power replaced her breath and filled her to the seams... Success! It was hers and it was there for the taking, and though her first taste had her nearly to bursting she knew that she could easily drain more. She shook her hands to clear off the errant sparks of force beginning to build up around her. Probably best to first burn off some of the excess before it could do her any lasting harm. There was plenty to take and she knew how to do it right.

BELET-SERI(+4, +???) drinks from Thaisaidan's Ancient Seal with the intent not to bugger the whole thing up and take too much! Roll was success! BELET-SERI has regained +20 AP!

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle wiped tears from her eye as she stroked Pirsuq's dark hair absentmindedly. "I love you too, Pirsuq," she said, "That should make him all better and I'll watch him to make extra sure. Not a single bit of death left in him. He's still a little hurt, but with the help of this place he'll be able to heal." She touched the space over her heart and felt the cut receding, not all at once, but by inches. Her hope restored, she decided to stay by Reggie and Pirsuq's side until Reggie awoke. Though Pirsuq looked at her furtively and kept his eyes down, she hugged him tight and kissed the center of his forehead to put the seal on his improving mood. "You did very well. When he wakes up we can all talk, but until then, I have a plan."

She gathered a few items that were in her pack, on her person and kicked up from the fight. A cobblestone, fruit tree seeds, fresh water, salted beef and finally a single sunbeam conjured from her finger. She still marveled that she now had control over the sun, however small that might be. She frowned and thought, then thought again, then looked at Reggie and bit her lip.

"We may need his help for this. I suppose we can wait until Reggie wakes up. We can gather some power to make it easier though, however. If he's still weak, his advice would be welcome. Pirsuq, I'd like you to gather power for me for a little while, please."

Almost as an afterthought she briefly looked into the underpinnings of Home, had a wonderful idea and then bade it grow a small number of fruit trees near the town of the Travelers. It would be best not to let any of that power that could be used doing something else go to waste.

Then through home she spoke to the Travelers and the dwarves. Her voice was soft and she did her best to radiate confidence and kindness into the ear of each and every mortal there. "Hello everyone, this is Parelle. I would like for representatives to be sent to me on top of the hill where I am currently located," and she directed the false sun of Home to shine brightly down on Her, Pirsuq and Reggie, "In order to discuss any needs you may still have, grievances or thoughts in general. We are here to help you. Talk among yourselves and send me representatives within the hour." She ended her communication through home abruptly and went back to her consentrating, but not before she smiled and winked at Pirsuq. "They're our responsibility. We don't need to make them all deliriously happy. Safe was a start, now we see what they need."

Healed up +2 Hope.

I decided to get Parelle and Pirsuq to wait a turn building power in order to get two upshifts, one for him and one for Parelle, along with having Reggie awake next round, which would make constructing a road much easier. I'll attempt to create the road next round when I have more resources.

Instead, I'd just like an update on what the Travelers and the Dwarves are doing, if they have any problems and basically just take the temperature of the two groups.

Parelle is creating a road seed. It will quickly sprout a massive, sprawling +2 Travel item that can be used by anyone to move almost as quickly as she can with the -2 quality No Banditry. Taking something of someone else's on the road means that the road would be forever lost to the thief, even divine thieves, though they could still send mortals on it. Both traits would be obvious to mortals and divine.

The road's purpose is to grow towards settlements, stop, and declare its purpose and entice people onto it to come to Home. The road seed would then -stop- growing in that direction so it doesn't accidentally pave the world.

It is also specifically prohibited from going to hell and letting out souls.

The passive effect from this is that Home will start to swell in size from any mortals that come. Also she'll be able to see if there are any other minor races out there. Parelle wants a metropolitan Home. Everyone is welcome and since all biomes are available, everyone would recognize the type of place that they would live in.

The qualities that mortals would notice would be images of Reggie, Pirsuq and Parelle explaining what the road is and where it goes. The road is rather warm and will keep the snow off, has plenty of camping opportunities, a wind that always helps push you forward, food on the road for the trip and anyone, divine or mortal, will cross amazing amounts of ground in short amounts of time. Home is also the prime destination for the roads. While other roads may occasionally cross, all roads lead to Home. Fofofo.

+4 Storm to help protect from storms, +2 Nature to make the seed and the plants that spring from it, +2 travel to give the road its shape, +2 sun to heat the road and keep it from being obscured, +2 food and drink to make both abundant on the road, +2 hope to attract desperate mortals to come.

4+2+2+2+2+2=14

I'm tasking Home with +4 Life to create a small grove of fruit bearing trees near the base of the stairs. They will be created with a yet unspecified divine fruit for the next action, though they have no special properties as of yet. Mostly I'd like an upshift to a follow up action next round for a neato action.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 21, 2015

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Belet-Seri, Scribe of the Earth, Beneath Thaisaidain

Score!

Flush with invigorating divine energy, Belet-Seri is sorely tempted to obtain more and more and more…but given her nature, she is far more aware of the tricks that Power can play on a God's mind than others. So, breathing heavily and being ever so careful not to waste a single drop of Power, she begins to pour some of the excess divine potential right back into the glyphs that she had created. This time, however, she changes their purpose: not to tap into the energy of the Seals, but merely to watch, and to listen, and if necessary, to shout. If anyone or anything tampers with the Seals in the future, she would know of it due to her divine connection to the glyphs. At least, that is the plan.

Attempting to add traits to Beneath Thaisaidain, something like "Early Warning System". Using Trickster Spirit +4 to keep the warning system unobtrusive, along with Inbetween All Worlds +2 to ensure the long-distance communication to wherever I happen to be, as well as Everything New Under the Sun +2 for the magical technology. Unfortunately, since Trickster Spirit is not actually being applied directly against a sentient individual, Without Light, There Are No Shadows -2 applies too. Total is +6, adding 2 AP to ensure that the renovations to Beneath Thaisaidain's wiring and plumbing are up to code.

Remaining AP: 19/16

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath, Thawzone

Isath was content with the new creation - it was a practical being, dedicated to its one purpose in existence. Beneath the towering bulk of its body, the tunnelers and the breeders kept on doing their thing. For now, Isath was not focusing on their doings, except for the occasional ritual performed by the Tunnelers, which did attract its attention, and also brought feelings of satisfaction and enjoyment to its divine mind.
But it was not necessary to dwell on it too much - Isath already had its mind set on the next steps. For one, it called on the mind of the newborn Watcher, and told it to mind any icestorms looming on the horizon, while scouting ahead, keeping an eye out for gods and mortals alike. And there was another thing Isath had to do - a dead weight carried deep in its fleshy bowels - a multitude of burnt-out corpses, children of that stone fortress Isath had ransacked. These corpses had perfectly good souls inside them, but as they were, they were unusable. Isath would have to convince them, show them that its way was truly the only one. And then they would cooperate, and join in the unity of the souls within its reservoir.

- Letting the tunnelers and breeders do their thing as long as the thawzone keeps thawed
- Telling the Watcher to start scouting ahead for mortal settlements and/or gods while keeping an eye on incoming icestorms
- Starting the process of digestion of the souls trapped in the 200,000 dwarf corpses I'm carrying around, with Flesh +6 to incarnate them into immobile mounds of flesh and manipulating their newly incarnated senses and brains and hormones until they're ready to become part of my soul pool (this probably counts as an atrocity under most morality frameworks, but to Isath it's an act of love)

8 AP

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra
9/16 BP

Eaten? Entirely Eaten? That won't do, there must be something of him left surely

Iunno I dunno I can fluff this post any further. Let's go investigate.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Parelle - Home

Per Parelle's orders the mortal denizens of Home gathered at the base of the hill, rapidly dividing themselves into two camps accordingly with representatives from the Travelers on one far end and a cluster of silent Dwarves on the other. The Dwarves kept largely to themselves, but further away from the main group of grim bearded elders and leaders some stragglers, minstrels, and children mixed and played with the Traveler-folk and overall the atmosphere was amicable and peaceful.

As she watched them sing, play, and exchange snatches of tales and songs from distant lands Parelle felt the twinge of something move inside her. Hope? Yes, probably hope. Reggie was alive now, and sleeping off the ill effects of his aborted first revival and once he woke she just knew that everything could and would be better. She hoped. After the violence and chaos of the day it made her feel better, and she smiled benignly as she looked on over the mortals as she worked. What to do? Parelle had the inkling of a plan, a massive and marvelous plan, but the sheer audacious scale of it would require help from Reggie and Pirsuq both at their fullest strength so she pulled up her sleeves and dug up hearty handfuls of the warm earth of Home, channeling her powers and concentrating them for the work ahead.

In the skies above Pirsuq watched, and imitating her motions exactly did the same. Where her hands scooped soft, moist loam his gathered the fluff of cumulo nimbus clouds and the compressed air from Home's internal atmosphere. Parelle bent to breathe power and life into the soil between her hands, but where she was left with a double handful of radiant earth bursting with the force of life Pirsuq's hands exploded harmlessly in a burst of hot air.

"Don't love this! I don't love this, Parelle! This doesn't work!"

Pirsuq shouted and slashed at the skies blasting and dispersing the air currents overhead in anger at his immature mistake, and secretly Parelle smiled while thinking of her own failures of impatience and inexperience as a young God. Once for instance she'd convinced Reggie and another of their siblings to help her build the world's biggest and most powerful oven, and her pursuit of the perfect pie had turned out to have dangerous and unworldly results...

One of the Dwarves closer to the center of the group nodded, and by some unvoiced affirmation the circle of hand-holding Dwarves opened for him and one by one turned their backs. With a stiffness drawn from long life and formal ritual he bent down and knelt on his hands and knees, addressing Parelle.

"Hail, God of Travelers. We Dwarves are the children of Vendruck and shall never accept the dominion of any other Lord or Master. We thank you for the rescue and for sparing our lives, but lest you decide to cozen us with threats or blandishments know that our Father and Lord lives and he will come for us."

The dwarf waited on his hands, staring downwards at the ground expectantly for the inevitable blast of mind-bending magic or death which would follow. A woman from the Travelers meandered over to where the Dwarf was kneeling and shrugged.

"That's all they do. This weird thing where they talk to themselves when they think nobody is looking, pray, and talk about never being cozened. We're doing fine though, thanks for asking."

Parelle stared at the Dwarf with some consternation, but occupied with the radiant soil and Pirsuq's mild tantrum overhead she nonetheless whispered out a tendril of will and thought down into the web of power which made up Home's heart itself. Trees, a grove of fruit trees at the base of the stairs. Wait, was Home able to identify basic commands and act intelligently itself? Across the distance some sort of fruit trees began to grow and bud, so maybe?

Didn't see a specific action-type upshift/stat combo posted but I'll assume it's for roadbuilding/largescale biological working based off of your OOC posts.
PARELLE (+10) creates an upshift bonus to largescale biological working! Roll was success! PARELLE receives a +2 upshift to her next LBW!
PIRSUQ (+4) creates an upshift bonus to largescale biological working! Roll was failure!
PARELLE has commanded the sacred space HOME +4 to create a grove of magical fruit-bearing trees! Can non-sentient sacred spaces independently perform rolls on their own without an operating deity or authorised person? Roll was success! HOME has created a non-magical grove of unidentifable fruit bearing trees!
DWARF PRIEST doesn't really have a lot to say! It's possible that if you strike him down now he'll become more powerful than you can imagine!
TRAVELER LEADER's doing just fine! She says thanks for asking!

Ah, slowly and carefully this time. Carefully and meticulously without any hidden thoughts of what if or why not. With determined and uncharacteristic self discipline, Belet-Seri incised her own addition to the ancient seals Beneath Thaisaidain. She bit her thumb and bled off some of the potent essence roiling within her into her glyphs and back into the seal. Someone had to be properly warned in case everything went tits up, and it was better her than anyone else (or Larissa).

Yes!

It pulsed with her reflected puissance, integrating into the ontological framework of the seals beneath the ziggurat and spread throughout the city itself without any difficulty. If any of the complex spellwork Beneath began to leak, crack, or otherwise fail the excess energy of the seal itself would flare off harmlessly to empower a message for her ears alone.

BELET-SERI (+6, 2AP) creates a trait, Trickster's Warning! Thaisaidain has gained the divine trait, [Trickster's Warning] Great success! [Trickster's Warning] will attempt to communicate with BELET-SERI regardless of distance if/when the Seal Beneath Thaisaidain flickers or fails!

Isath - Thawzone

Isath wasted nothing, not a fleck of bone or charred skin or the very source of thought itself. Bands of ropy muscular contraction forced the corpses into a central cavern, where digestive fluids and an endless array of tentacular growths set to work. With its appendages gnawing and melting away irreparably damaged portions, Isath's gut softened and wept with blobs of protean divine flesh which pooled and gathered around each of the waiting dead. Two hundred thousand divine flesh-reinforced corpses stood at attention, upright and bound by Isath's loving embrace. Within the hot air of the cavern lightning flashed, and the divine spark of life and free willed thought crackled wildly, and soon the field of Dwarven souls writhed and shook with a crop of undamaged living souls for Isath.

THE WATCHER scouts the area! The THAWZONE's borders are no longer as temperate as they once were! Mortals have been sighted on the borders of the THAWZONE! No deities or clusters of mortal life are within the area!
ISATH (+6) converts the 200,000 Dwarven corpses/souls in its keeping to its internal soul reservoir!
ISATH's internal soul reservoir has increased by 200,000! The souls of the dead have no mouths but they wish to scream!

Wallastra

Where, oh where did the Wargod fall? Wallastra walked along the blasted and broken gate, reliving the events of the Wargod's last battle through the memories of the structure itself. It had been fast, it had been brutal, and it had been complete. The invaders had pulled him down and torn him apart right there on-site, consuming every last gibbet and drop in a bid to empower themselves for the battle ahead against the remaining Five. Wallastra narrowed his eyes and probed the area again with greater care. Surely there must be something left, a splatter of blood, a gnawed rib, a hank of torn hair? He cast his net wider and drew on the collective resources of the city, seeking anything that resonated with the faint trace of the Wargod's energy bound within the ancient compact.

Through his peoples' eyes and the bricks and walls of the city he flew, finding nothing but echoes, traumatic memories, and the empty spaces where looted or destroyed treasures had lain. Wallastra set his jaw in frustration and redoubled his efforts, scouring the city again and again to no avail. Thousands of years of history and there was seriously nothing left? Desperate and frustrated he reached out for anything that bore the Wargod's mark, sorting through mortal, ancient, or unmagical dross in the hopes of finding something he could use before settling on what was the only remnant within the city's walls which still bore the direct touch of the Wargod. He found it in an ancient and disused midden, a war machine wrought by the Wargod's priests in age long past. For whatever reason it had been discarded and never repaired, and time had worn its weapons and markings smooth where rust and decay had not. Not quite magical, not quite divine, but not entirely useless. Wallastra eyed the discarded mechanical soldier through the walls of the midden. Even though he knew nothing of its workings he could probably give new life to the thing by sheer virtue of forcing his will into it. It would be a relatively easy task.

No traits, no specifically worded action listed but based off of PM I know you're looking for any leavings from the Dude in whatever form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c
WALLASTRA (+10) searches his city for any sign of the Wargod or his leavings! Roll was (sort of) success! WARGOD was eaten all the way down to the plate! WALLASTRA has discovered the remnants of an early creation of the WARGOD which has been rendered inoperable by time, MECHANICAL SOLDIER! Everything else has already been looted/eaten/destroyed!

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Belet-Seri, Scribe of the Earth, Beneath Thaisaidain

Pleased with herself at the uncharacteristic display of patience no less than the spectacular warning mechanism for the Seals which resulted, Belet-Seri moves on to her next task. Returning to the Obsidian Ziggurat, she stands in the place where Larissa herself had fought and bled and spent her divine Essence against her upstart minions. The traces were still there, Belet-Seri could feel it. This connection (tenuous as it was) to another Divine Face would power a more spectacular creation, one that would give Belet-Seri even greater powers over Seeming To Be That Which She Was Not.

Or at least, that is the plan.

Creating an artifact: Trickster Mask, giving +X (where X = "a lot", hopefully) to future uses of the Trickster Spirit trait.

Of course this will make use of Trickster Spirit +4 and Everything New Under the Sun +2 for the fabrication process. I am also hoping to get an Upshift due to the readily-acessible (if scant) traces of another God's essence -- after all, taking advantage of others' weaknesses and failings (such as being physically injured by a mere mortal, say, or leaving her home completely undefended) is part of what being a Trickster is all about.

Alternately -- just thinking out loud here -- maybe the Upshift comes not at creation but with the use of the Artifact against a God (or its followers) whose essence has been incorporated into the Mask. So initially that would be Larissa, but once I hunt around (the ruins of) Batjullik a bit, I could then also get bonuses against Vendruck, Parelle, Bismarck, Malador, Isath, Arthak, etc. And if I can talk (or otherwise trick) anyone else into sharing their essence with me, I would then get bonuses against them too.

In any case, total for Artifact Creation is +6 +???. Finding propitious circumstances for the creation of this Artifact is one of the main reasons I've been haunting Thaisaidain all this time, so I'm also going to pour 8 AP into this act of Creation to make sure I get it right.

Remaining AP: 11/16

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle talked with her Travelers while she and Pirsuq gathered energy for greater working. She granted mundane boons, "blessed" children (which mostly came down to ruffling their hair), and clapped with the minstrels. The dwarves though were more troubling. She knew they would be hostile, but this man who came on his hands and knees before her and then ran away left her in a sort of stunned silence. As a culture was this just what they expected of divinity, or was she so scary at one point that terror was all that they expected of her? There was also the prayer and while she didn't think that they could move any great workings themselves, perhaps it was time to do something about it. Finally there were the fruit trees that she bade Home to make. A tiny step, but it was interesting that Home could create on its own.

Instead of leaving Reggie here with Pirsuq while she talked to them, she worked a tiny magic to conceal him, wound some string around his hands and slung them around her neck. She carried him like that. Even in his weakened state, he might hurt Pirsuq before he fully woke up without her here, so she just took him with her. She called Pirsuq down. "Hey Pirsuq, how would you like to have some followers?" she asked, and after the cheering, dancing and flying around, she agreed to let him try it on his own with the help of Home for extra power in creating new life, though with some suggestions so he didn't create monsters by mistake. A little guidance in the right direction was all he needed, and his own race of people may make him more mindful of mortals.

Over she trudged to the Dwarves. She understood why they didn't like her. They were a severe, unforgiving people with a severe, unforgiving god. They expected retribution when they displeased her. She would show them a better way. She took her time to gather every single one of them. Herding mortals was much like herding cats, but as the goddess of travel and free food, it wasn't too difficult to get people in one spot. Keeping them there though was another.

"Hello Dwarves, honored shapers of stone. I am Parelle. You know this. When I asked that you send representatives to address any ills or grievances you had, the single representative sent fell to his hands and knees before me. This was not acceptable," she said, and paused to give the last statement a little extra oomph in terms of theater. "It is not acceptable that I acted badly towards Vendruck, for that was my first time truly in a fight. It was never my intention to kill him though. Furthermore, every single one of you that made your way out of your mountain home that day was lead out by me. Vendruck sustained you until he fell, I carried the torch and lead you out, when it would have been easier to walk away from all of that madness and death to let you be enslaved or eaten. Let me restate that again for emphasis. If you think I am some tyrant or that I am evil, then I am by far the least of the evils that is left. Exercising my kindness put the Travelers, Pirsuq and me in harm's way. I did not ask for gratitude, but you are guests. You live under my roof, are warmed by my sun, are nourished by food and sleep safely because my pantheon is here to protect you. In my experience gods are often primal and cruel. Vendruck took your faith to keep himself alive. If I were to convert you, the only way I could get any more power from you would be to murder you," she said, and her tears were bitter. "I have never done this thing, nor would I, and I would defend you from those who would. And from even the most cynical perspective, if nothing else, I could have used that power a long time ago. It would have served me in ways that few of you could understand. The fact that you all are alive, fed, healthy and well treated means that I have treated you better than any of you would get from almost any other god. My kind, the divine, are normally not kind to mortals. Gods are cruel and careless creatures, and many would have shredded your souls to warm themselves. So this is the deal. I am going to show you all a better way. I will show you warmth, kindness, compassion. I do not think that you lack these things, but I am sure that your race is lacking in civility, because after I broke my back to get you here, I did not hear one, single word of thanks. Not a single. loving. Thank. You." Parelle said, furious not that they had rejected her, but that she was unappreciated for what she did and continued to do for them.

She closed, for Reggie was stirring now from his sleep. She had to cut this short to be there for him when he woke up. "In short, I do not expect that kindness, that compassion, that warmth from you. I would rather nurture it, if for nothing else so the mortals that survive this winter aren't psychicly damaged savages. However, in the meantime, you will show me some civility. When Vendruck shows up you may leave with him. Perhaps then you can tell him how terrible a host I have been."

Without another word said, she walks away and back to the same hill where she was before.

Mic drop.

Parelle is just going to bite the bullet and convert the dwarves, but not in a way that makes them completely forsake Vendruck. She's also dropping a ton of shame on them for being terrible houseguests. :v: They can stay as long as they like and go home with Vendruck as long as he has a safe place for them, though any of their number are welcome to stay, and it would probably be a better idea not to keep all of the eggs in one basket.

Parelle is using all of her domains to convert them. I don't think I need to list them all, as she has used every single one of them at one time or another to keep them from freezing to death, being eaten, enslaved or soul murdered. So +10 in domains, but -2 for not taken seriously. Had to edit that in because I forgot, sorry!

I'm getting Pirsuq to create some wind people. Wind sprites that looked vaguely humanoid, they would be much like Pirsuq and just big enough to keep predation from the larger birds down to a minimum. Flighty, prone to whim and fancy, occasionally fickle and distracted. An innocent race for an innocent god, though Parelle did include some instructions to build in a basic moral code that keeps them from being savage murderbeasts while allowing room for development of their own culture without too many restraints, human level intelligence and the ability to speak and understand common. The only real special thing about them would be their ability to fly, though from wings or the ability to control the wind or just plain old magic would be up to Pirsuq.

+4 Storm and +4 Life (from the holy ground) to create them.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 26, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra
9/16 AP - 1 AP

Wallastra couldn't help but feel a sense of palpable disappointment.

The Wargod's arsenal was a wonder in of itself. For Wallastra's God of War maybe have been a general and warrior foremost, but he held the mind of an enlightened scholar used to create some of cities strongest weaponry and most bizarre weapons of war imaginable. And it was gone, all gone, stolen by opportunistic vultures or destroyed in the city's last stand, and all that was left of it, was a project considered by it's own maker to be a flight of fancy, too resource intensive to consider going into mass production when the men and women who manned the city's walls could fulfill the task just fine. And the only person who would know how it worked or how to maintain it properly was already dead.

But, it was the only thing left of the Wargod so it would have to suffice. Collecting some of his essence into his hand, he placed it on the automaton's forehead, and attempted to animate it.

As the last remaining vestige of the Wargod, by default it means it is his only connection to the [+2] Ancient Pact that binded the 5 gods of Wallastra. I dunno if it would technically count as a civilian or as a part of the city itself, so outside of an expenditure of 1 AP I can't really apply any of my purviews to it.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath, Thawzone

The souls of the deep-dwellers and their alien thoughts filled Isath's mind for a time - a cacophony of fear and pride. Indignation and greed. These were the things that made these creatures. Isath would show them all the joys of leaving all that behind. Soon, they all sang to Isath in the same tone as the others did. And Isath needed this - needed the primal energy they all produced. In exchange, Isath would help them. Give and take - the simplest principle of interaction between all beings.
Speaking of beings, the Watcher had spotted several mortals skulking at the edges of the thawed zone. Such thaw was receding, apparently, and so Isath would have to work fast. He called upon many of its loyal Tunnelers, and extended its probing appendages into them. Soon, they changed, morphed into things less apt for scavenging, and more apt for outright battle. Isath wanted to capture these mortals at the edges, see what kind of mortals they were, and eventually - of course - join their burgeoning souls with the rest. Isath found it had to be especially insistent on the living state of these mortals, when returned. The Tunnelers had an appetite, after all. But it was alright. Isath would allow for a margin of error. Nobody's perfect.

Refreshing 2 AP by tapping the 200k dwarf souls, and sending a troop of Tunnelers blessed with Flesh +6 battle-forms to capture the mortals at the edge of the zone and bring them back to Isath

10 AP

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

This was what she'd been waiting for. Finally left to her own devices in Thaisaidain and with a surplus of power to burn, Belet-Seri sought out the echoes and traces that Larissa had left behind and readily found them. It had after all been the Vampire Queen's place of power and home since time immemorial. There wasn't enough to do anything significant or major like building a simulacrum or casting a targeted curse (without a matching effort to isolate such remnants) but it was enough to start her on the right track of what she'd had in mind all along.

Darkness, deception, and the echoes of another God's will. A generic and flat appearance to start, taking advantage of the Trickster's own malleability and vagueness of form, forged from the very stuff of Creation itself. She held it in her hands and watched it take shape beneath her will, noting with mixed pleasure that it's special ability was more or less exactly what she was looking for with its shifting surface. But it wasn't perfect. The mask could not directly imitate another God's domains and abilities, and without a deity of sufficient presence to reflect it was nearly merely a very divine mirror.

So my interpretation here is that you're looking to create as high a category of artifact as possible instead of naming a target rank, and incidentally also hoping to eventually stack additional upshifts onto it depending on the circumstances. Whether these additional upshifts are permanent, divisible, or anything else is up for debate but for now I'll just count it as you're looking for an artifact with a Special trait/ability and count that into your roll DC.
BELET-SERI(+8,8AP) creates Artifact, Trickster Mask! Roll was success! +4 Trickster Mask (special ability)/-2 Mirror without reflection was created!

Parelle - Home

Few of the surface world's Gods knew much about the Dwarves. In many ways Parelle knew as much as any mortal, Dwarves were standoffish, greedy, bearded, wrathful, prone to bearing grudges, and innately distrustful of anyone that wasn't a Dwarf. Their God was a God of grudges who brooked no logic or doubt in the keeping of what he held to be his, and his children were shaped mind and soul by that thought. But she had fed them, she had nurtured them, healed them, saved them and salved them across journeys of great danger and importance. If they held grudges with such vigour, surely some same sentiment would exist towards gratitude and the repayment of a non-grudge debt?

They had not given her a single word of thanks or acknowledgement (until now) and though her cheeks burned with indignation at their indifference and rudeness, Parelle chided them with evidence of their shame as opposed to outright destroying their ability to resist her will. Vendruck could have them since they were after all, his. But surely some of them would be willing to stay, surely not all of them were horrible ungrateful little churls? She hoped.

"...I-I-we've been... ungracious."

From his position on the ground the dwarven elder gritted his teeth into his beard and frowned as he worked out the words. Although she had already withdrawn to the hilltop, his choked words carried upwards through the area.

"Vendruck is our Father and Lord, and no Dwarf shall ever turn against him but... we may owe you a debt."

"Followers!"

Pirsuq seized upon the idea with glee, blasting across the distance to the sacred grove and tearing fruits and branches from its trees. These he warped, kneaded, bit, and burst, but his impatience and the complexity of the task quickly came to a head. He tossed his experiments high into the skies of Home and began lifting and pestering the Travelers.

"Too hard! Too stupid! How do you people usually make followers?"

The Traveler woman he was lifting blushed and as the realisation caught up he stopped spinning her.

"Ah! I know this. Mortals do it like this. Oh."

Carrying her (and others) beneath the fecund sacred grounds of the grove, Pirsuq's powers blossomed and a generation of new life was born.

PARELLE(+8) front loads mind-brain conversion against DWARVES! PARELLE does not attempt to destroy pre-existing faith among DWARVES! Roll was success! DWARVES are now susceptible to PARELLE's worship, and will check to convert towards belief in PARELLE with every intervening Age/scene!
PIRSUQ (+8) creates new free willed life! Roll was success! PIRSUQ has created WILDINGS! They're lighter than a host mortal species (i.e. humans) and can apparently fly! 10,000 WILDINGS were created!

Wallastra

Wallastra was neither divine smith nor artificier. Having been born of the great web of systems and pacts which spawned the force of cities the lesser and singular forms of life were difficult for him to focus upon, much less create or revive. He knew nothing of the Wargod's workings, and directing his great and wide attention to the inner mysteries of the mechanical soldier sapped his energy with the strain. The external workings he could probably repair. Non-critical and non-magical smithing to remove the rust of ages, the bolting on of appendages, and the replacement of obviously damaged or missing armoured plates was easy enough. The city's smiths and metalworkers had experience there aplenty. For everything else he hoped that a pure and direct infusion of divine essence would pave the way. Wallastra tapped the echo of power within the compact and joined it to his own.

"Wake, soldier. By our ancient compact, your master's will bids you. Wake."

Light flickered, arced, and flared within the dusty midden as Wallastra guided the raw force of creation into the now cleaned and joined pile of mechanical trash. Absent knowledge and specialised parts, divine power and sheer force of intent would do. Something took familiar shape within an empty chamber meant for a heart, and a life like divinity was rekindled.The machine chimed and rose creakingly on uneven feet and after rotating itself around ponderously to check the room saluted with a hand over mechanical heart.

pre:
Greetings God of Cities. I rise to the defense of the city. My objectives are:

1) Defend the city of Wallastra against all incursions
2) Obey the tenets of the Warmaster, following all pertinent Rules of Engagement
3) Obey the com*#nds of duly appointed priests and civic authorities where ap*%$^#ate
4) E*$ure #*^%,@t %$* c#$%s
It flexed and shook off the dust of ages, Wallastra's power awakening ancient defensive systems and weaponry alike as it took in its conditions and the situation. By the absence of lights along its limbs and protrusions it was evident that the machine was still incomplete or not fully operant.

pre:
A Question, God of Cities. Where is the Warmaster?
I can see +4 Voice of the People (gotta be someone out there that knows how to remove rust and shore up metal non-divinely at least so that helps) and +2 Ancient Compact since yes it is the Wargod's etc. Gonna slap -2 Does not Micromanage because this is a much smaller scale action that you'd be directly talking dudes into so net +4.
WALLASTRA (+4,+1AP) creates demi-God/lesser God, MECHANICAL SOLDIER! Roll was success! MECHANICAL SOLDIER has been created! MECHANICAL SOLDIER is a demi-god with room for growth or expansion!

Isath - Thawzone

Guided by some wordless instinct, the Tunnelers segregated themselves into lots and descended into Isath's depths. The best and fairest among them were first, and Isath was pleased as they willingly lay themselves down to welcome its all changing embrace. Flesh softened and ran, and the chitinous internal structures and banded mono-molecular musculature used in Isath's own divine battles replaced weaker mortal flesh as Isath drove fragments of its own carapace and nervous system into the pliant mortals. Some died from the forceful shock of the transformation, but the majority of those taken were spat out onto the plain alive but changed and after recuperation crawled back within for more.

Larger lungs, sharper fangs, deeper, denser clusters of fast twitch muscles, and an external carapace solid enough to resist most forms of mortal attack. All in all a full fifth of the Tunneler population had managed to survive the changes successfully. Not yet fixed enough in thought and language to give themselves name these new elite Tunnelers hooted and called across the length of the Thawzone, gathering and coordinating themselves and their lesser kin as they spewed forth from the shell of Batjullik and swept towards the boundaries in search of mortal prey for their God and parent.

ISATH refreshes 2 AP!
ISATH (+6) blesses/creates elite troops! Roll was great success! 100,000 of the Tunnelers have become elite troops!
I'm terrible at naming is what I am, and not having a very big vocabulary I assume Isath's the same. The Elite have been created.
THE ELITE have left ISATH's zone, coordinating with themselves to scour the edges of the THAWZONE to subdue and capture all mortals which they encounter in the name of ISATH!

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

Finally, Belet-Seri has begun to accomplish what she came to Thaisaidain for in the first place. She has discovered (and taken advantage of) the source of power for the undead Larissa and eliminated the token force she left behind, while discovering a few unsettling secrets that she thinks even Larissa herself might not know. She has even taken advantage of the goddess's inattention to increase her own considerable abilities. Now to put the finishing touches on her mischief before she departs.

Calling once again upon her divine powers over the spirits of the departed, and incorporating all manner of trickery and obfuscation that she has acquired over countless ages of deceiving both gods and mortals, she proceeds to set traps for any undead that might venture back into the city. She sets a particularly vicious and devious trap upon the city's gates -- should the haughty Goddess of the Unliving ever find herself returning as a "conquering hero", she will be in for quite the surprise. Smiling to herself as she completes the last of her spells, Belet-Seri pauses to appreciate her handiwork.

Since there's no one here to stop me, I toyed with the idea of destroying some of the city's traits -- Tomb City seems the most vulnerable to me -- but really, petty vandalism is beneath the likes of a Goddess. Leaving nasty surprises for Larissa and her brood, though, does seem more like Belet-Seri's style. So I basically want to layer an additional trait (or at least an ongoing effect) on top of Tomb City, such that any undead who take up residence there encounter an endless series of traps, all the way from the mildly annoying (like holes in their coffins spilling their grave soil) to the potentially fatal (like blazing sunlight suddenly piercing into their sanctuary). If they eventually get sick of the traps and decide to raze their precious Tomb City themselves and start over with a place that won't go out of its way to (re-)kill its inhabitants -- or better yet, if they decide to rise up against the incompetent leader who let their enemy waltz right into all of their (un)holy sites that had previously been inviolate for millennia -- well, that's all fine with me too.

Mechanically speaking, I don't expect a single round action that is effectively a time-delayed area-effect spell to kill all my enemies at once -- though hopefully it's strong enough that a non-negligible number of mundane undead could perish, and Larissa herself might be wounded -- but definitely I'm looking to take them down a peg or two for their hubris (both in leaving their home so pitifully defended, and for having the gall to upset the natural order of things by cheating death). Trickster Spirit +4 and Inbetween All Worlds +2 gives a total of +6. I don't know if you want to resolve the roll now since I'm "attacking" the city, or in the future as an attack against the specific defensive traits of whichever undead happen to return, but my action is the same either way.

As always, nothing that I do should threaten the integrity of the Seals.

Remaining AP 11/16

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Home bustled now. The Travelers claimed pre-built homes, the dwarves were less grumpy towards Parelle, though still grumpy in general, and Parelle new race all to himself, the wildlings, flitted here and there as each moment alive provided new discovery after new discovery. She assumed that whatever Pirsuq did to make such wondrous creatures that it was successful, and that made her smile. Having followers is a big responsibility and Parelle hoped that Pirsuq would grow side by side with his new race. "They're handsome creatures," she thought, "I didn't expect Pirsuq to have aesthetic taste. Weird. Somehow I expected...I dunno...Something else less...Them."

Best of all is that Reggie was finally starting to stir. Home wasn't exactly calm, much like a house full of children is never calm, but nothing was blowing up, no one was dying, no one was freezing, no one was starving. For at least a little while misery had been banished from a part of the world, if only for a little while. It made for the perfect place to wake up. Pirsuq was family, but he was a baby brother, and though the bond with him was special, she didn't have the history that she did with someone like Reggie, though it was something she longed to create.

She laid his head on his lap and sang songs to him- His songs, his worshipers songs, they would have to be taught again. Songs of the virtues of labor, rejoicing in creation and even a gentle rendition of "Knock off For the Day". A bar song about two drunk carpenters that jousted with bad cuts of wood on donkeys while the townsfolk laughed and took bets. It made her blush, and no one would hear it but her, but it seemed appropriate to sing in the moment, though inappropriate at any other time. Never had it been sang so gently though. Now and again she would stroke his hair and at least in the cosmetic sense she smoothed over the dent in his head.

She did this for hours, and eventually his voice joined hers. A weaker, rougher tenor to her alto, though she kept his head in her lap and didn't change.

He asked if she sang "Knock Off", or if he was just dreaming that. Being a proper lady of course, she changed the subject.

"I'm not sure how much you remember, so I guess I'll start from the beginning. It's going to be a long story."

She told him of how the world began to freeze. She told him that she went home to find the house wrecked and her family dead. She told him that after burying them, she fled in her grief. She told him about striding far and wide. She told him about saving the Travelers and taming the storm that she named Pirsuq. She told him of the siege, rescuing the dwarves and though she hestitated to say it, she told him how she almost merged with the dwarven god and then faced down the warden of hell. She told him of traveling here and there, and then back to the house. She told him that she revived him first and did it wrong, and was scared to revive her brothers and sisters. She told him of Pirsuq, no longer just a storm, but now her adopted little brother. She told him of Home and her struggle to make it a refuge with him fighting her. Then him actually fighting her, and how she tried to calm him twice before she had to subdue him. She told him of his resurrection, and that she was stupid, and that she should have done everything better, thought more, considered the consequences, measured twice before cutting the once as it were. She told him that it wasn't his fault. She asked for his forgiveness. She asked for his help in fixing the world.

And then, after a long time, she finally asked him what he thought about the road seed, because there were still mortals out there who needed help. At least she hoped there were. Later when it was time to make it, she would call Pirsuq to meet a restored Reggie and help with the road seed.

Finally making the road seed. It's getting planted at the mouth of Home when it is created. It will quickly sprout a massive, sprawling +2 Travel item that can be used by anyone to move almost as quickly as she can. Mortals will be able to move as fast as a +2 demigod while on it, while gods will have access to it to move all the faster.

The road's purpose is to grow towards settlements, stop, and declare its purpose and entice people onto it to come to Home. The road seed would then -stop- growing in that direction so it doesn't accidentally pave the world.

It is also specifically prohibited from going to hell and letting out souls.

The passive effect from this is that Home will start to swell in size from any mortals that come. Everyone is welcome. Parelle wants a metropolitan Home. Everyone is welcome and since all biomes are available, everyone would recognize the type of place that they would live in.

The qualities that would effect mortals:

1. There would be images of Reggie, Pirsuq and Parelle explaining what the road is and where it goes and who they are.

2. The road is rather warm and will keep the snow off, has places to camp, and there is some food on the road for the trip, though never enough to stay in one place.

3. It repairs itself, though slowly. Concentrated effort could break the road. The frailty is a safety measure to keep any screw ups from dooming the world to being paved.

4. Finally a minor compulsion that if they have no other place to go, or if the place where they are is falling apart, they will come to Home.

Home is also the prime destination for the roads. While other roads may occasionally cross, all roads lead to Home. Fofofo.

+4 Storm to help protect from storms, +2 Nature to make the seed and the plants that spring from it, +2 travel to give the road its shape, +2 sun to heat the road and keep it from being obscured, +2 food and drink to make both abundant on the road, +2 hope to attract desperate mortals to come, +4 construction from Reggie, as it is a road, +4 Life from Home to make the seed, a +2 upshift from the fruit trees that were made by Home, and a +2 upshift from Parelle when she was taking a turn to concentrate.

4+2+2+2+2+2+4+4+2+2 = 26

Cross your fingers in hopes that this doesn't gently caress everything. I'm extremely uncomfortable with ramming all of this raw power into the road seed, but getting roads and communication working would be the first step to stopping the ice, and I am finally in a position to address it.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 4, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra
8/16 BP

Wallastra sighed, this probably wasn't going to be easy to explain.

"The Warmaster is... Dead, slain by underhanded cowards who would steal from us when our need was most dire, who consumed him in cannibalistic barbarity and then these attempted to steal from the Warmaster's sacred armory resulting in it's almost complete destruction. They are assumed to be dead now but the damage has been done, you are the only thing that remains of our Master of War. And I need your help." He took the Soldier and led him outside, to give him full view of the current state of the city

"What I am about to tell you may be hard to hear, but the world has ended and we are in its ruins. We are in a new age right now, an age of ice, the world has frozen over the cause of which we cannot discern but the old gods have been dying and... Well, I am one of the only gods left of our original pantheon. The only reason I live was the sacrifice of Firebird, the pact that holds this city together would not have held if she didn't, 'The city needs it city god' after all."

"As for the others, the Waterlord was overwhelmed by the frost, we could not save him, but some of his divine essence had found it's way into a sickly woman that we are treating for illness. As for the Underlord, I am not wholly certain of his fate, but I intend to begin searching for him soon. Or at least what might remain of him."

He turned to the Soldier. "I have done what I can to aid my people thus far, but I am a single god and my purview is narrow. I fear that things are only going to get worse for our city before it gets better and I need all hands on deck, as it were, to preserve its people. I need you to stand in place of our God of War with me to defend this city from whatever may seek to destroy it, I want you to stand at my side with the others I am recruiting, so that we may one day rebuild from the ashes of the previous age."

He knelt before the soldier. "Can you help us?"

I don't think I need a roll for this, I am telling the soldier how it is right now and hoping that I might convince him to stand with me.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Eventually Larissa would return, and with her return she would likely easily regain control of the city and its environs. But Belet-Seri was not one to let an advantage or chance for mischief to slip by. No, it wasn't worth the trouble to construct a perfectly lethal and dangerous trap. Something powerful enough to maim or kill a God would mean more days wasted in the dull and empty city, and honestly by now she just wanted to be quit of the place. But that didn't mean there weren't a thousand easier, faster, smaller ways she could inconvenience, harm, or harass Larissa and her worshipers once they returned. She grinned as she idly whispered a minor self-replicating cantrip, something simple and barely big enough to scribble hand-sized holy symbols from various faiths across the inside of every coffin.

She looked at the city's wells, now familiar with them through long and tedious study, and with a wave of her hand blessed(cursed) them completely at random and to bear her blessing at random intervals before moving on in like through the rest of the city, scattering a thousand other annoyances and dangerous traps against the Undead in her wake.

I'm counting this as creating a new trait for the city which is pretty much straight out hostile to the Undead and their habitation. Nothing super offensive and deadly, but there are a lot of annoying curses, trickster traps in every can of peanuts, and garlic/holy water has been wiped across all of the doorknobs and toilet seats.
BELET-SERI (+6) creates a new trait for THAISAIDAIN, Averse to Undead! Roll was success! Thaisaidain has gained the trait, Averse to Undead!

Parelle - Home
"ok."

Reggie's head lay in his sister's lap, the long line of tears streaming from his eyes making streaks of the mouldy dust and putrid dirt he'd clothed himself in.

" ''m sorry Parelle. I didn't mean for that to happen. don't remember 'ny of it."

She burst into tears in response, and clasped her hands against his as they cried together. Once their reunion and the apologies were over she explained her plan again and he nodded along with the details.

"oughta be a place 'stead of a thing. too big and too magic for a thing but the idea is sound... 's good it's like a plant. grows itself and makes its own bricks. 'cause its plants you can eat the bricks or burn them for warmth."

Reggie's soul pulsed in time with hers as she spoke, building the framework of the Road piece by piece as Parelle described it.

" 'nybody'd use it. Gods'll use it best 'cause they got the biggest grip. 'hem'll grip it hardest or first'll get to use it first. 'course they can also take it for their own, but maybe nobody'll be a jerk."

By now Pirsuq was overhead, trailing a flock of Wildings in his wake. He watched the new Reggie with some surprise and confusion, but at Parelle's urging nodded and silently bent his powers to the task as well. Between their three hands the framework of the Road Seed took shape. Reggie breathed form and order into the hand-sized seed and studied it with a practical eye.

"You'll want it bigger. We can make it much bigger."

He tossed it into the air and it sped upwards like a reversed comet, gathering mass and momentum until it burst through the ceiling of Home and onto the surface. Brick after plant-like brick lined up and shook as the Road ordered itself and set out immediately in the direction of the nearest settlement. Through their divine senses the siblings looked up at the Road and wondered, how far would it go before it stopped growing and turn around? Probably not to the ends of the earth or all the way around, but in theory every direction pointed to a new settlement somehow eventually. Growing in size might very well translate to growing in power, but how long until it hit a major snag or encounter with the Ice?

"Yeah that'll do."

PARELLE (+26) creats Artifact, +2 The Road Home! Roll was success! Roll was great success! Roll was great success! The Road Home has become a +6 Artifact!
It's an artifact so anyone/anything can use it, but as an Artifact there's also the risk that any God who passes by can swoop in, roll it up, and put it in their pocket (after checking resistance against other users, etc.)
Multiple Gods/groups of mortals/w/e can exist on The Road Home at any given time, but priority of use is given first come first serve, Gods/divine/magic/mortal units in that order.
The Road Home may grow in power as it grows in size, and may also ice over if/when it hits an Icestorm or Glacier.

Wallastra

The mechanical soldier stood silently and without moving. Had it heard Wallastra? Or was it considering a response to Wallastra's words? He watched its flat paneled face for any signs of acknowledgment or awareness for a long moment and was about to try giving the thing a nudge when it swung into motion and speech.

pre:
Of Course. I acknowledge your request for material assistance in the defense of the city and its residents, God of Cities. In the absence of the Warmaster 
and other military, civil, or religious authorities, I will now begin an inventory of the city's military resources and form a Tactical Response Plan.
Raising an iron fist it saluted Wallastra one last time before clanking out of the room. Through the eyes of the walls and floors Wallastra watched and wondered as the soldier moved through the city ponderously but meticulously, counting every possible object which could be used offensively and testing the structural stability of the buildings. At the rate the thing was going at it would take some time for the soldier to complete its task, but at least it was untiring and methodical. The city's citizens were surprised by the strange mechanical man but took it at face value when it explained that it was a newly repaired part of the city's military force and took the machine's requests for interviews and supplemental materials in stride.

He's totally up for it! MECHANICAL SOLDIER begins to create Tactical Response Plan (expendable combat upshift for Wallastra city-related actions) Everybody seems to be cool with it.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011

Belet-Seri briefly considers concealing her recent activities throughout the city, but as amusing as leaving Larissa with an unsolvable mystery would be, she figures that she can have a far more enduring effect by trumpeting her victory. And so, spending a fraction of her divine essence, she sets about leaving a lasting message for Larissa -- and for her followers.

Standing upon the apex of the Obsidian Ziggurat, the image of Belet-Seri will be triggered upon the return of a sizeable number of undead, and will speak so as to be heard throughout the city and its surroundings. "Greetings, Lords of Undeath!" she intones. "I am Belet-Seri, Recorder of the Dead and intermediary for Enmesarra, Judge and Regent of the Underworld. You must realize by now that your goddess has not the wisdom or foresight to defend your very homes from incursion by a solitary divine being, much less an army as fierce as that spawned in the Pits of Hell. Should you continue to follow Larissa, know that her failings will lead you all to Eternal Torment, for Enmesarra, who calls himself Malador, demands your souls for your offenses against his authority. And Larissa has not the strength to oppose him should he come for you.

"The Lords of Undeath have never been known to abide weakness, nor to suffer the delusions of one unfit to sit upon the Obsidian Throne. Ponder such things as your very homes rebel against you, and know whose vanity and foolishness is at the root of your plight."

And then, her final spell complete, Belet-Seri at long last departs the deserted streets and tombs of Thaisaidain.

This will be a time-delayed area-effect social attack, hitting on the same themes that ripped Larissa's undead followers from her last time. The goal is to unbalance Larissa's base of support and to get her followers questioning the legitimacy of her authority. I'm hoping that my vicious taunting will stack with any physical damage done by the traps I just set to make it even more likely that the undead will agitate for either a) violently overthrowing Larissa or at least b) forcing her to go up against Malador to prove that she's a worthy ruler.

Trickster Spirit +4 is at the heart of my social attack, bolstered by my Trickster Mask +4, epitomizing my power and glory as compared to the frailty and ineptitude of Larissa. As I am explicitly relying on my authority over the spirits of the dead, Inbetween All Worlds +2 applies as well. Total is +10 (+ any further Mask bonuses specifically against Larissa?), with 1 AP to top it off.

And finally, I'm done with this place. Next turn I'm off to find other gods to consult about what I found Deep Beneath.

Remaining AP 10/16

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle sensed the road as it rolled out above in a mix of fascination and awe through her power of Travel. What Reggie said made sense, and someone could just roll it up and take it for themselves. The ice would hit it eventually. This made her think, and then think again about what next to do. She stroked Reggie's hair as she pondered. Pirsuq and Reggie got to know each other, and when Pirsuq was just a little too rambunctious, she asked him to calm down just a bit, since Reggie was still tired. Later when Reggie was feeling well enough to walk, she fixed him his favorite food which was a stew filled with potatoes, beef and beer. Then she introduced Pirsuq to strawberries which went off about as expected for someone who has never had them before.

"I think I know what to do about the road problem. At least the gods thing. Not sure about the ice yet. I've never worked on something this big before," she said, and furrowed her brow. Before the ice came she normally only helped out travelers in a bad way and cooked. She was so ridiculously out of her depth, so she brought it back to what she knew.

"I'm just going to stick my thumb on it," she said gormlessly. She let that hang there for a few seconds before giggling. She felt more than a little giddy from the relief that Road hadn't paved the world, and gently teased the two as a result. "I'm kidding. I figure the best way to deal with all of this is just to walk the road for a bit. I'll be able to keep an eye on it better on top of things anyway. I'm going to start rescuing people."

She worried at her lip. Should she bring Pirsuq? Reggie would probably be okay on his own for a while with the help of Home to draw on, but she didn't want to take that chance. "Pirsuq, I would like you to stay here with Reggie and help him. Be extra sure to be nice to the mortals while I'm away." She shushed the protests as they came. "I'm strong, but Reggie is still recovering. I won't be gone for a long time. This is just a quick test for the road, rescue some people, think about how to keep people from stealing the road and come back. It won't take long at all. Promise."

There was hugging. There were tears. There were promises to return quickly. Parelle feet itched to move again. There was part of her that was a homebody, the kind that cooked, cleaned and tended the hearth, but Parelle's feet longed for the road. She just played a part in making the biggest road that there ever was. How could she not walk it?

"One thing before I leave though. Well, two. I want you two to do what you think is best while I'm gone, but the road has shown absolutely everyone where we are. I would like you to organize some defenses just in case with the help of Home. I figure that between you two and this place you can adequately defend yourselves. Pirsuq, listen to Reggie. He has done stuff like this before."

Parelle is leaving Home for a while. She promised Reggie and Pirsuq that she will return in ooc terms what would be two to three turns, barring unforeseen circumstances. She's planning on rescuing as many people as she can in a single turn and bringing them back to Home. Metaphorically she'll be picking the low hanging fruit. Pick the shortest roads, follow them, send the mortals to Home. Technically she's going to return to home over and over again as the roads don't connect and staying on Road will be faster than cutting across. When she returns she'll roll up the then unneeded section of road on her way back to help reduce the chances of an ice storm hitting it.

Since there is already a compulsion on the road to get people to Travel to on it, she's not going to stick around for a long period of time trying to convince people. Think of this as a social attack to get people to come as the travel should be super easy.

Also, very important, stating it again, Parelle is going to roll the road up behind her to reduce the chance of the ice storm hitting it.

+2 sun to cut through the cold and display warmth to people, +6 road and +2 travel to show her ability to control this freaky-rear end road and that she's a god so they should be impressed, +2 food and drink to keep that breakneck pace and offer it to people who want to travel, +2 hope because she is trying to help people and therefor restoring hope to others, and -2 not taken seriously, -2 protector of mortals as the road will roll up behind her as she leaves to keep the sprawl down and reduce the chance of an ice storm hitting it. This will probably doom anyone stubborn enough not to come, but she doesn't have time to coddle the holdouts while everyone is dying, even though she wants to. People who are sick will be taken by the healthy, but she doesn't have enough time to coddle everyone, though she will roll that road up later if the mortals lag behind.

2+6+2+2+2-2-2 = 10 to rescue as many mortals as possible in a single turn as an experiment.

Also if anyone tries picking it up, she will abandon the previous action and oppose anyone trying to pick it up with her relevant domains.

+2 sun to set the end of that road to burning, +2 nature and +2 travel to make the road/plant recoil, +2 food and drink to give her the strength to do it, +2 hope as this is currently her only plan to save mortal kind, and she -needs- that to keep going. Also adding on the +6 road itself if I can swing it, as Parelle knows how it works better than others.

2+2+2+2+2(+6?) = 10 (16?) to oppose Road theft.

Pirsuq, Reggie and Home are going to make a defensive spell. Essentially it'll just absorb damage as long as they are in Home. +4 Storm to discourage attackers, +4 Construction to reinforce home's defenses, +4 Life to bolster them while they do it. Also it should be permeable to mortals, so as not to lock anyone out or in.

4+4+4 = 12 for a one shot defensive armor spell. Permanent until discharged.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 10, 2015

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath, Thawzone

Isath looked upon the blessed Tunnelers, content in its handywork. It reached out to the Watcher, and ordered it to help them find their prey. However, Isath knew that these improved Tunnelers were not quite the apex of cunning. Isath feared those lurking at the edges might be. And so, a trap was set - Isath would extend its flesh beneath the soil, and quickly raise a barrier around the edges of the warm zone, trapping those figures inside, or at least attempting to. Not one to pass up on an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, Isath would add some features to the wall - enough insulation that it might prolong the life of the dwindling heat trapped in the area, and keep the cold out longer.

Telling the Watcher to assist the Elite Tunnelers in finding and rounding up the mortals at the edge of the zone, while erecting a quick and dirty barrier surrounding the Thawzone, made of bone, filled up with insulating fat, and sparkling with bright lights, with Flesh +6 and Light +4, mostly to trap the mortals inside, and also to keep the thawzone warm a little longer

10 AP

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Larissa
Marching towards the Capital

Sunhon had been an old and powerful deity. He'd forged countless artifacts, destroyed the lives of millions over the years, fought with Gods from nearly every Pantheon... the legends of his bloody and wicked deeds were widespread before the Ice. He'd always delighted in hearing his mortal cultists tell him what the sages and singers said of his deeds - the inventions they added, the liberties they took. It was probably the main reason he kept them around.

Larissa was sick of the tales millennia ago. None of them ended with him winning! There were still other Gods, there were still mortals, many more than not, that he hadn't yet subjugated! How could he, with so much power, be so content to languish in Thaisaidain for seemingly centuries at a time?! And that she had to listen to them, always about how great and fearsome he was! They'd be about her if she'd been allowed to do anything big, was just a little older and a little stronger...

And now, at the head of a great and terrible army - awash in unholy power that was beyond her younger self's - former self's - wildest imaginations, Larissa was going to do what she'd always wanted to do. She was going to have tales of her told, oh yes. The miserable inhabitants of this dying world feared the ice. But soon, when rumors of the bloody nightmare she was going to inflict on (whatever this empire's name is, it doesn't really matter anymore) spread, they would fear her more. They'll whisper of living towers of corpses, of legions without end that slaughter those they find and then press the souls of the fallen into their unholy ranks, of sons slain by long-dead fathers... and of a laughing goddess that will end the world of men, forever.

Closing in on the capital, Larissa knew that this was her hour. Soon, she would have her chance to rip this empire's heart out - and to drink the blood of its god.

----

Marching my entire army towards the capital. While killing anyone between here and there, of course.

Not really explicitly detailed in the fiction, but Larissa is focusing her energies and time on preparing herself for the upcoming fight - specifically, enhancing her already formidable melee prowess by casting Unholy Presence. Which is a fancy way of saying she's focusing a bunch of divine energy into an aura that should weaken and rapidly necrotize the living. Undead [+6], Darkness [+2], Rod [+2], total +10.

Spending 1 AP, 10 remaining.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra
8/16 BP

And then there was one.

The Underlord never seemed to talk to anyone as a god of the Earth, he felt out of place along the cobblestones and brick walls of the city, and spent a lot of his time on the far outskirts along the farm lands or beneath the winding caverns the city was built on, it certainly didn't help that he and Wallastra didn't see eye to eye at the best of times either. Of all lords he expected to have the most difficulty finding, the Underlord ranked the highest for the simple reason that no one had seen him for weeks before the cold hit, and none of his holdings were in the city itself. Even his temple proper was situated outside the city walls so it would not have been out of the question to assume the cold had claimed him first.

Still there was that vague hope that maybe, just maybe, he had somehow survived the cold. Like a cat in a poisoned box, the Underlord could be dead or alive if no one could confirm his death, it wouldn't hurt to at least try to see if maybe he had somehow found his way back to the under-caverns before the cold hit, or if what little of his priesthood that managed to make it inside the gates before they were sealed shut might remember from their memories.

But a small part of him also was concerned that if the Underlord lived, what he might find may not have been much better then finding a corpse

The walls remember many things, including the last time the Lord of the Dark Earth had been in the city, many moons ago. But beyond that was outside of his purview. [+4] The Grand Design, [+4] Voice of the People, and the [+2] Ancient Pact will be used to search for him as he did the others, but the references he has are much, much fewer then what he had with them, the members of his priesthood that spent any time inside the city itself were few and far between, and beyond the memories of when he entered and left the walls did not know him well, he had to stretch much further then normal to the ruined cottages and farming hamlets on the outskirts of Wallastra, hoping for so much as a fleeting glimpse. ([-2] Does Not Micormanage)

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 12, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Belet-Seri, Scribe of the Earth - Wandering in the Wild

No trap was truly complete without the special flair or personal touch which let its victim know just how badly they'd been taken. Belet-Seri concentrated herself into a harmless echo and clapped, dopplering the image across Thaisaidain and concealing it until such time as the return of Larissa's worshipers triggered its effect. Her scathing condemnation of the Vampire Queen would no doubt doubt sow further chaos and unrest within the restive Undead and with that she fled into the icy wastes.

Her mischief done. Now what was needed was another God, hopefully a group of Gods with whom she would be able to discuss and analyze her discoveries. She had made her way far and out into the wild before hitting upon a sobering fact. Aside from Thaisaidain she wasn't entirely sure which of the world's great cities remained and which of them were still occupied by Gods. She knew them all of course, and in a vague sense could sense that there were Gods alive still out there. Given proximity she would be able to detect them but completely out and alone in the wilderness with the imprint of the Ice across the world like this she had no idea where exactly to go. Perhaps she could trust her luck and keep wandering until another God found her or vice versa? The wind shifted and carried the promise of frozen winds, and she shivered. Or perhaps the Ice would come for her.

Got a time delay attack spell and a non-magical Travel action here to move as far as you can go in the direction of another God which is fair. Now to check if you hit any hazards or other Gods, so back to the random encounters table! Offhand I'd say the mask doesn't quite apply because you're not disguising yourself AS Larissa for the purposes of making her (presumed) worshipers feel bad about themselves.
BELET-SERI (+10, 1AP) casts a time-delayed area attack spell, Delayed Spectral Taunting! Roll was success! Social Attack will trigger once UNDEAD have entered THAISAIDAIN and have been afflicted by (Undead Averse)!
BELET-SERI wanders the wild! BELET-SERI encountered nothing... :( Kinda tempted to reroll to give you something but seems unfair if it hits bad odds and screws you over. Scry for one, keep running until you hit somebody/someplace, or wait for the Ice to catch you?

Parelle - On the Road

The Road sprawled before Parelle, inexorably growing outwards towards mortal settlements with all its divine force and Parelle ran with it. Behind her it rolled up carefully and neatly, and for the first time since the Ice she ran without the encumberment of her many responsibilities. In a beautiful golden moment there were no dead siblings, no huddled masses, no specter of worries overhead and she merely ran for the joy of Travel as the Road rolled and the world blurred around her faster than light or sound could follow.

Through the blur she saw everything. The ruins of cities, the blasted battlefields where Gods had strived against the Ice, and the many, many frozen corpses which dotted them all. But she found life. Moving at such a pace she could have circumnavigated the world (it's possible she did more than once) but her sharp senses and intuition took it all in as the Road guided her towards clusters or clumps of wandering mortals and the magic of her presence swept them up alongside her. Again and again she led them Home where they were welcomed by the Travelers, and in gratitude they took up the name as a sign of concomitant worship until the population had swelled by 150,000.

Of the world she had seen in her short jaunt Parelle had crossed the path of two settlements that migratory mortals considered a place of refuge. One was Ascalon a great mountain city, said to be held by a God of artifice and metal which willingly took all comers. She had brushed by its periphery and sensed the many millions of mortal lives within, and given its scale and complexity it might well have been Home built aboveground.The other gave her some pause. It was the city of the Dwarves, but at the same time it was not. The horrific creature which had intruded upon the battle of Batjullik had apparently uprooted the city and was now wearing it like some titanic snail. The light of many mortal lives, at least a million, blazed brightly from the city's depths and environs which were strangely enough still temperate and warm. Having already touched the souls of the Dwarves, she knew that many still dwelt within. A pulsing wall of hot flesh barred her entry but if she chose it so the Road could easily extend and pave itself right over it. From each place she sensed the presence of at least one God, and a vague intuition seemed to indicate that at least one other was present or currently hidden. She could pick one and the Road would follow.

Modified Global Travel action, Parelle is going to pick up as many loose mortals as possible by repeated application of a magical road(and running really, really fast). Parelle will hit as many groups of mortals (or settlements) as her roll DC will allow or until hazards interrupt/dispel her action.
PARELLE (+10) casts Global Travel spell, Around the World!:quagmire: Roll was great success! PARELLE encounters two different major settlements (depopulating lesser ones or capturing loose mortals with magic on her way), at least (3) Gods, and has recruited 150,000 new inhabitants for Home along her journey! The new mortals have decided to call themselves after PARELLE's worshipers, the Travelers!

Choose one ultimate destination, Isath-Batjullik or the Mountain City. Both are refuges of mortal life and heavily populated. The former has a poo poo-ton of Dwarves and for some crazy reason is still warm and the other is so ridiculously huge it might be an above-ground Home. It's very heavily populated. The Road will connect to whichever one you choose.

Isath - Thawzone

Like all Gods Isath's flesh was harder and stronger than any mortal material but also as soft and permeable as its will required. Specialised neurons fired and the hard walls of iron flesh softened and oozed like a river of melted wax. From the center of the Thawzone Isath fired great spurs of bone, populating the edges and serving as an anchorpoint for the soft flesh which flowed. Soon a great wall of hot flesh beat and pulsed around the Thaw, trapping the mortals ahead of the Elite-led assault and serving in some small part to stave off the encroaching Ice.

The Watcher flew high overhead, sending down its observations of the battlefield in painful thoughtwaves nonetheless legible to the Elite. It guided them and in turn the heavily adapted creatures herded and guided their lesser brethren to encircle, consume, or capture every last interloper within the Thaw. The battle (such as it was) was swift and brutal, the Tunnelers proving to be numerically superior and better coordinated by the great Eye above. Isath felt their prayers of celebration and victory, but with the same senses felt the minute twinge of the interlopers shock and horror at a refuge suddenly turned hostile.

More physically vigorous and purpose built for the task, the Tunnelers smashed through the intruding mortals in a single massive wave. Soon the entire body of them were either freshly gnawed meat or brutalised bystanders to be dragged back for sacrifice before Isath. Isath watched through the Watcher and saw that one form remained upright and unbloodied. All seven of the thing's eyes rotated and refocused on a single point. It bore the shape of a Man, but it had no eyes. Bloody sockets gazed back at the Watcher and Isath felt the contact of another God.

ISATH (+10) casts support spell, Titanic Wall of Flesh! Roll was success! WALL OF FLESH has been formed around the THAWZONE, trapping all units within until it is dispelled/subverted! WALL OF FLESH acts as a mildly insulating force around the THAWZONE!
ELITES and TUNNELERS attack FOREIGN MORTALS! WATCHER helped!
WATCHER rolls to assist! Roll was success! Single-use +2 Upshift was generated!
ELITES attack FOREIGN MORTALS! Upshift used! Roll was great success! FOREIGN MORTALS have been subdued! 200,000 mortals have been brought before ISATH! A foreign God has been detected! The God held its action!

Larissa - Imperial Capital

Fortified by slaughter, Larissa's army marched beneath the cover of night (encountering no resistance) and swiftly brought her throne before the Imperial capital. As the capital of an empire of millions it deserved the title, and with its stout walls and heavy gates it would no doubt present a suitably glorious battle. Far behind the walls she could feel the weight of the city's many dead, no doubt from the Imperial graveyards that her informers had told her about and she crackled with the force of vicious joy and barely restrained necromantic force from her own magical preparations. She stretched one slim leg off her Goem-borne seat and prepared to order the assault when suddenly great gouts of fire, spikes, and other blessed traps burst into action across her army's orderly lines.

"FOOL OF A GIRL! DID YOU THINK TO CATCH ME UNAWARE? KNOW THE WRATH OF EMPIRE, KNOW THE WRATH OF BISTHAK!"

Heavy stones and flaming artillery launched forth from the city towards Larissa's army in multiple coordinated waves, positioned as they were her forces found themselves with no place to retreat but into the waiting traps!

LARISSA commands UNDEAD ARMY to march! UNDEAD ARMY uses upshift from razing FUN CITY! UNDEAD ARMY does not encounter travel hazards! Travel was successful!
LARISSA(+10, 1AP) casts support spell buff, Unholy Presence! Roll was success! LARISSA has generated an expendable +4 upshift to be applied to her next combat action! (choose Attack/Defense)
BISTHAK (+14) casts area Attack spell, Flame-Empowered Military Traps! Due to ambush BISTHAK has the initiative!

Wallastra

Come to think of it, why hadn't the Undermaster built any temples within the city? Or Beneath it? Generally speaking Wallastra knew that the underworld was as broad and populated with life as the surface, and in his own way the Undermaster had waged an endless struggle against Gods and predators Beneath as fierce as any of the Five's wars against pretender Gods and alien Pantheons. There were times when the Undermaster had asked for direct assistance and others when he played the interests of the Five and their city-states against one another, always ultimately for his own gain. The Undermaster had been a jealous and spendthrift God, and never brooked the presence of another God's troops within his domain unless the situation absolutely demanded it. Wallastra had given him plans for cities and architectural marvels aplenty in return for assistance with various underground works, but had never seen or felt the livewire connection of any of them. Many of the plans had been intellectual exercises or technically infeasible feats anyway. Whatever wars and wonders the Undermaster constructed on his own time were a closely guarded secret which the God had kept close to the vest.

The Undermaster's high priests in antiquity had been miners. The foremen of the deep mines had by necessity taken to his worship, and guided their sallow-skinned brethren towards mineral wealth and safety. Wallastra remembered a caste of priests, prophets in the Undermaster's name who foreswore the celestial world. Such men and women lived exclusively Beneath and sought out their God's blessings in the form of various noxious and normally undetectable gasses which purportedly gave them the gift of foresight. Of course even the most secretive fanatic still had the same human needs, and the Deep Priesthood had dealt with the world through a variety of lay intermediaries in counting houses, assaying guilds, and casually rifling through the memories of the city Wallastra searched for the last time any such persons had been seen. To his surprise he found that they simply hadn't.

At some point prior to the first appearance of the Ice the Undermaster's priests and mortal intermediaries had simply packed up and disappeared. The Undermaster had helped in that last desperate defense of the city but thereafter there had been no sign of the God living or dead. Wallastra reached through the energy dormant within the Ancient Compact, seeking resonance with the last other (hopefully) survivor of the pact. Something was out there, far from the city, muted, and Deep Beneath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac
WALLASTRA(+8) searches for signs of UNDERMASTER! Roll was success! Suppressed/muted response was found Deep Beneath another Zone!
Found it. Or him. Coordinates and basic info dump.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - On the Road

Parelle almost flew with how fast the road made her. There were cities, settlements, villas and on one occasion a literal hole in the ground which only yawned up a number of starving children. These people had been pushed past their limitations and far beyond. Many had survivors among them who had resorted to theft and robbery to fill their stomachs, both bad and once good people. Once that was over, she could mark the cannibals by the empty larders and lack of hollow cheeks. Could she blame them? No. Did it disgust her? Yes. Could she understand them? No, "Or at least not yet," said a horrible voice in the back of her mind. The journey was one of extreme highs and low, destruction, chaos, depravity, but always the joy of being rescued, and it was a rare event that there were holdouts. Most of those who were were either literally insane, or so stubborn and inflexible that it could have been insanity One man living in the ruins of a mansion who claimed that he was one with the land, and could never abandon it still made her shiver. Thankfully not all of the settlements stank of depravity. In places where there was once plenty, some communities pulled together instead of turning on each other, and those were a joy to rescue. Sadly, unlike the Travelers, she couldn't visit with them. There simply wasn't the time beyond talking to them, watching disbelief turn to joy, feeding them and taking them to Home, then yet again seeing their amazement once they came to the mouth of Home. She nearly lost a few to heart attacks and more than a handful from each new group had to be roused from fainting spells. She never had enough time to get them settled though, and left that bit to the original group of Travelers themselves with oversight from Reggie and Pirsuq.

After checking in with Pirsuq and Reggie to make sure they were okay, like the overbearing sister that she was, Parelle asked Reggie to do a somber thing. Their siblings' bodies were still on the surface above home, and they should be transported somewhere safer inside of home for the time when their revival can be possible. It was an ugly thing to ask, especially since one of those graves was one of Reggie's own, but she didn't know who else she could trust. Pirsuq was still too innocent to ask.

After a while she did encounter the road to two gods though. The enormous phallic shaped god which looked like a snail in its new city, on its back no less, and a mountain hold. Without getting too close, she reeled back that piece of road slowly and carefully. It didn't attack her, but it seemed too alien to communicate with. Also it ate people, and that was gross.

She did turn her sights toward the mountain city though and walked there, keeping a mindful eye on the road to make sure that no one stole it while she was walking on it. Almost as an afterthought she crafted an emissary as she neared its gates. Something made of her new power of nature, and her older powers of travel and hope. A bird to communicate a simple message through. She whispered to it simply and said, "Hello, my name is Parelle. I am a goddess and I would like to talk to whoever is in charge. I mean no harm as long as none is given." That single message imprinted on it, she sent it into the city towards the god as she waited apprehensively.

Popping in on Reggie for a minute to check and see that he hasn't blown anything up, but no news is good news, thankfully. I would like to just do a quick check in to make sure everything isn't blowing up before leaving again.

With the initial defenses done for Home (I'm assuming), I'd like a proper grave site for Parelle's brothers and sisters to be created and will give that awful task with Reggie, though she doesn't want to. What I would like for it to be is a place that would have to busted through in order to get the loose AP. Parelle's brothers and sisters are dead, but they can be resurrected. However if all of their AP is drained, I assume they would be dead for good.

+4 Construction to create the grave site, +4 Life to give Reggie the extra strength to do it. Not looking to create a divine item or something, just something that'll stand up to an attack or an infiltrator for a round or two to help preserve her siblings for a better time to revive them. Moving it within Home as well, as it being outside is a bad thing and will probably attract hungry bears or something.

Reeling the road away from the dwarven hold that is being used as a shell. I'm not getting close to it, more pulling it back slowly.

Like the previous action, I'll abandon any action if someone tries to steal the road to grab said road at a +10, with a possible +16 if I can use said road to oppose. Otherwise I'll just Travel to the Mountain City and see what's up using the same travel spell from my latest previous action. Sending a simple messenger bird, which I suppose would be the divine version of a cantrip.

Pirsuq is left to his own devices, though if Reggie sees a way to help him, that's cool too.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 20, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra
8/16 AP

An interesting proposal, clearly he should gather his forces together, a group of soldiers and...

No, he couldn't really afford to leave the city unguarded, nor could he really afford to leave this in the hands of mortals. This needed to be in a small group, and something that he would need to be present for.

The civilians he could trust to keep order in his absence, and his Utopian Sect to keep the peace otherwise, but something like this would need some mortal hands.

He returned to his temple, within the inner sanctum would be the Civil Populai, the book of city. A census if you will, and within it's pages was the name of all people within it's walls that they knew about. He started to flick through the pages the book was a collection of books, with a catalog of people by their names, profession or religious backgrounds. He picked up the profession book marked M - P and started to flick through it's pages

"Merchants, Medics, Men of Arms... Ah here, Miners." A long list of crossed out names was presented before him, the cold had hit the population of the city hard, but none harder then those who would have been outside of it's walls when it did meaning almost the entirety of the farmers, hunters and miners. A very large majority of miners in particular had either a Black or Blue line through their names, black meaning that they were confirmed to be deceased, and blue meaning they were unconfirmed. A large amount of those names were scrawled over in blue, and there was a smaller issue as well. All Miners were part of the Miners Union, a name for what was essentially a front for the church of the Under-lord, those who choose not to join the Union were very quickly pressured into changing their mind or leaving the mines entirely.

But there were some that still lived, and with the Underlord taking with him almost all of the others he had to make due with the few that either, couldn't leave, or weren't part of his church. So his band would essentially be, a handful of retired and possibly crippled miners. But they had the knowledge of what they would need to do for the task ahead

"This is not the most ideal group I would take on an expedition into the cold, but it is better then nothing."

That was the first step, the second was a request of provisions, some tools, some food, furs and one snow skiff. An expedition like this took some planning, and some time. But time was the one thing he didn't have, and so he would need to take every precaution.

Road trip!

Step 1) Find some retired miners who could know how to safely navigate windy tunnels and narrow passage ways, once Wallastra is outside of the city walls he is for all accounts almost mortal. A mortal with abilities far beyond the average mortal but it would help to bring some people who know what they are doing along with them ([+4] Voice of the People)

Step 2) Grab some supplies from the stores. Normally such a request is outside of the normal rationing would require a stamp of approval from a Provisions office, and a waiting period of at least 3 days before resources are given out, often more. A form with the seal of the God that rules over you completely supersedes most of that bureaucracy. He could just take what he needed from the stores but Wallastra is beholden to proper procedures and protocols, it's just a habit of his. ([+4] The Grand Design)

Step 3) Give at least 5 days or so to prepare for departure. With any luck, they can be there and back with the Underlord in tow, or something to that effect.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 17, 2015

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Vicissitude

Once again completely isolated, not only from mortals, but from every sign of their civilizations, Vicissitude is left with only his thoughts. Certainly, what gods remain must be informed of the threats that the Seals pose, he thought, and the possibility of other Seals in other locations (the Far North?) being the conduit for the Ice must be investigated. But who among the Gods who yet lived could be trusted with this information?

Surely those who were petty and grasping, like Larissa or Bismark, were out of the question. They would likely only cause further death and destruction and a more rapid advance of the Ice by trying to claim power for themselves. And those who shut themselves up in their homes in their vain attempts to stave off the encroaching Cold, like Wallastra or Aesculus, while not actively destructive could not be counted on to contribute much to the long-term survival of the world either. Certainly those who were mobile and at least marginally capable of fending off the cold -- such as Parelle or even Brother Yak -- would be useful allies on any actual trek North, but their wisdom and insight into the problem of the Ice was likely limited, as were the capabilities of their followers.

As Vicissitude thought more, he realized that, oddly enough, those who held him in the least esteem would actually be the most suited to working alongside him in his quest. The Steward of Hell and the God of the Dwarves both had reason to distrust him, so he would have to tread very carefully, but he had no doubt that they could ultimately be brought around to his way of thinking. And Vendruck, in particular, could be a powerful ally if he put the forges of his people to the task of creating items of power to fight against the Cold and speed them on their journey. No doubt the fires of Hell would be efficacious against the Ice as well, but the dwarves would need far more time to prepare for their role in what was to come, so they would have to be convinced first.

Having reached a decision, then, Vicissitude set off with all haste toward Batjullik.

----
I'm perfectly happy to get a null result for a random encounter -- it frees me up to do what I actually want to do.

While V's logic is valid it is, alas, not sound, given his ignorance of the prior Godbattle at Batjullik (and also given that he -- like everyone else -- doesn't take Parelle seriously enough), but what are you gonna do when you're a non-omniscient god? Obviously V is in for a bit of a surprise when he gets to Batjullik -- or at least, where it used to be -- but there are other things that I have in mind for him to do when he gets there a anyway. Collecting divine mojo left behind by other Gods to power his Mask and investigating Beneath Batjullik for any other Seals are both high on the to-do list, for example.

For the time being, Divine travel is effected primarily by Inbetween All Worlds +2, though as before Trickster Spirit +4 and Everything New Under the Sun +2 apply for avoiding the worst of the Ice. At the same time Without Light, There Are No Shadows -2 hampers the relevance of my tricksy mind in such an isolated setting. Total is +6 to get to Batjullik while making sure I don't fly right through the Cold or bounce too close to an Ice Storm. But hey, if anyone can make the run in under 12 parsecs, it's Han Solo Vicissitude!

Remaining AP: 10/16

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath, Thawzone

Isath's maw rumbled, shaking the earth beneath its towering countenance. Another god - why had it not defended? Was it simply passing by? Isath, however, was cornered - it cursed the decision of settling down, however temporarily. It had even built a wall around itself. There was no simply walking away out of this. In this doomed world, chances were high that the invading god would seek to consume for its own purposes. Isath would have to consume it first. The Ice was coming, and Isath needed to save some strength. But what good was strength, when dead or subjugated to the wishes of another power? If the god fled, however, Isath would not pursue.

Using Flesh +6 and Light +4 and 10 AP to have the entire Wall of Flesh focus sunlight into a single point, that being the foreign god, coordinated by the Watcher, and turning a large portion of the churning biomass made up by breeders under everyone's feet, into rushing attacking appendages, all of it to hopefully kill and eat this new god, unless he seems intent on fleeing, in which case I'll let him go and cancel the attack.

0 AP

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 22, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Larissa
Imperial City

"BISTHAK, YOU COWARD!" Larissa bellowed with a vicious grin on her face, gathering and focusing divine energy all the while. "MOST OF THESE UNDEAD WERE ONCE YOUR FOLLOWERS!" She wanted him to know how much he'd failed them; how meaningless his destroying them was. She'd just make more, once she'd slain him and feasted on his heart.

Having focused her might, the Vampire Queen raised a palm towards the city, and let a deluge of divine power sweep forward. These traps, the city walls - they were no match for Larissa's divinity or evil. She wanted them gone, and this wave of necrotic power would see to that. Meanwhile her army advanced towards the city, fully immune to Larissa's attack but advancing through the traps Bisthak had prepared for them.

Larissa's blasting the walls of the capital, along with Bisthak if he's there / defenders on the walls / as many of the flame traps as she can, with a mighty wave of pure unholy darkness. Hoping to punch a whole for my troops to exploit, after which Larissa is planning on hunting Bisthak down. Undead +6, Darkness +2, Scepter +2, Upshift +4 and Nocturnal -2 (is it day or night? Imagine Larissa waited for night, but mentioning it just in case) for a total of + 14 / +12 if Nocturnal is triggered.

Also spending 2 AP on the attack, tapping every follower that hasn't been tapped, not certain how much that gets me though / whose been tapped before. You have that info on hand Pups, or you want me to look for it?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Larissa - Imperial City

Giddy with the thrill of battle against a major God, Larissa leaned forward from her throne and cast an answering wave of necromantic force unheeding of the blessed munitions and flames flying her way. Her audacity was costly as her heavy troops (including the one serving as a pedestal for her skull throne) proved too unwieldy and slow to react, catching a full barrage of holy oil and silver shot which halved their ranks and left her severely injured. The rest of her army fared no better, the superior experience and preciseness of Bisthak's preparations dealing damage to all her forces and annihilating those Undead too slow or stupid to escape the trap. But the bulk of her army was intact, and drawing on their faith she grew strong and flush as her counterstrike swept through the city's walls taking defenders, prepared traps, and fortifications alike with it.

The hunger and rage of her army resonated with hers, and she found herself baring fangs at Bisthak's (still hidden) form in the distance. It seemed the Imperial God would continue to hide within the confines of his palace and was too cowardly to answer her charge. The Undead roiled and heaved themselves back into position, waiting for her command. She was hurt but still hale enough (rich enough in purloined divinity) to continue, and the leavings of her blast still crackled across the city's grounds.

I also assumed Larissa approached the city by night because it would be a terrible idea to approach during the day. Nocturnal does not apply unless the battle really drags on or someone pops an action causing the Sun to rise up in the sky, etc. My records show that Larissa has tapped 100,000 of the lowest grade Undead and 100,000 from Thaisaidain's main body the rest is free assuming they survive the immediate exchange of fire.

LARISSA chooses upshift Offense! LARISSA auto-defense stats, Undead/Darkness/Scepter +10!
BISTHAK (+14) casts area Attack spell, Flame-Empowered military traps! LARISSA defense fail! Three (-6) ranks damage taken! UNDEAD ARMY defense failure! UNDEAD ARMY sustains -100,000 losses! HEAVY UNDEAD defense failure! HEAVY UNDEAD sustains -50,000 losses! LOWEST GRADE UNDEAD defense failure! LOWEST GRADE UNDEAD sustained -25,000 losses! SHAMBLERS(nonsentient) defense failure! SHAMBLERS(nonsentient) were eradicated!(-25,000) LARISSA loses -1 AP due to drain from large-scale worshiper death/loss of persistent belief! LARISSA refreshes 5 AP!
LARISSA (+8, 2AP) casts area Attack Spell, Necromantic Blast! BISTHAK (+12) defends! Roll success! IMPERIAL ARMY defense failure! IMPERIAL ARMY sustains 50,000 losses! PREPARED TRAPS defense failure! CITY WALL defense failure! Both location traits were destroyed! IMPERIAL CAPITAL has gained a trait, Necromantic Surge!
Did not see any mortal army commands so I'll pause the combat here in case you want to issue some/renegotiate/whatever.

Isath - Thawzone

The foreign God stared back at Isath, the ruins of his sockets gazing into the tip of Isath's white light. The great wall of flesh heaved, and at Isath's command the multitudes of Breeders buried in the soft loam writhed and heaved as well, seeking to encumber and entrap the God so that the mighty light of Isath's gaze could destroy him. The God grinned with blackened teeth as he tilted one way or the other, preempting the fleshy turmoil of the earth as he walked towards the tower in the distance. His lips moved and Isath watched and read them through the Watcher's omnidirectional gaze.

"I see you."

Isath's unblinking eye flickered, and a hot torrent of photons and raw force rained down upon the God who had already casually walked out of the way. The towering pillar attempted to readjust too late and the beam curved and struck heavily against the heavy folds of the Wall and Breeders underfoot, piercing past them into the earth itself. Something crumbled Beneath as Isath's misspent shot bored through and sparked. A sheer force and volume of Isath's blast ignited from its own mass and a lesser Sun was born in the gap partly Beneath.

"I knew you were going to do that."

The God smiled smugly and extended his hands towards Isath's base. Somewhere in the forests of neural ganglia a memory or impression jumped and made connection. Isath knew something about this God. This God was a god of Foresight and vision.

FOREIGN GOD has the initiative due to held action! FOREIGN GOD +8 Foresight, casts spell Predict Future! Spell effect will misdirect or invalidate target of ISATH's attack! ISATH resists default +10! Roll was success! ISATH's next attack will be misdirected or will strike an invalid target!
ISATH (+10, 10AP, +WALL, +WATCHER, +BREEDERS) Attacks, contingency cancel if target flees! FOREIGN GOD does not flee! Attack was misdirected/struck an invalid target and has created a trait for the THAWZONE, (Sun on Earth)!
FOREIGN GOD held his action!

Vicissitude - Batjullik

Like all Gods, Vicissitude had a broad knowledge of the world and its wonders. Of its cities and peoples he knew much more, having under one guise or another brought them blessings and curses alike in the pursuit of trickery and amusement. Batjullik was a dour, boring place, paralleled only in both by its people who were by and large almost perfect echoes of their dour, boring God. A stickler for oaths, and rules Vendruck, and in one way or another he'd sworn vengeance against the trickster dozens if not hundreds or thousands of times over the ages. But that just made pranking him that much more a challenge, and sneaking forbidden ideas or sniffing for cracks in the stolid hetero-orthodoxy of the Dwarves via secret means and ways was something Vicissitude looked forward to. He slipped through the cracks of the world, seeking the gaps between shadows and ancient masonry Beneath which would inevitably open upwards towards Batjullik's musty old halls, halfway emerged and stopped abruptly in surprise.

Batjullik was empty! Batjullik was dead! Batjullik was no longer there! Some great force had torn the city itself from the earth, leaving only wreckage and ruin in its wake. No sign of life, Vendruck, Dwarf, or otherwise remained. Instead there was only the signs of a great struggle, destruction of the earth and the ashes of a city burned lost beneath the ice and snow. The plain before Batjullik was shattered and lay open far Beneath, its fabled gates were a melted ruin, and of the city's God and inhabitants only smears of ash or blood left sign.

It's good that you specified whether your action takes you to the location of Batjullik (as your general divine knowledge gives you) and its subsequent giant gaping hole, or used traits to home in on its current location (theoretically the same but in practice not as its currently astride a wriggling flesh tower currently embroiled in a high stakes battle for supremacy) I would have rolled for the result.

VICISSITUDE (+6) travels to Batjullik! Roll was success! BATJULLIK is not at its former location! BATJULLIK is absent of all life! The signs of an epic god battle are present, but no bodies remain! The battle has left several gaping holes from the surface to Beneath!

Wallastra

Traveling (relatively) alone would be both tiresome and difficult, and the task would be compounded further by the fact that for all purposes Wallastra would be powerless and out of his element in the wilderness. But needs must, and the God of Cities nonetheless tapped the consciousness of his people and sought through their storehouses and experiences in order to plan as orderly and effective of a trip as possible. The period transition itself could prove dangerous for the city, Wallastra's absence, injury, or death possibly bearing repercussions both spiritual and literal, but the people and institutions Wallastra had in place would be able to keep the city operational and whole. For a time. But planning, ledgers, and managing organizations was what Wallastra excelled in and soon he found himself as supplied as time and reason could allow and with (hopefully) the guides necessary to bear him through the wilderness and Beneath.

The people of the city turned out in the streets, anointing themselves and murmuring their quiet prayers as they watched the passage of their God. Their hopes and faith buoyed him as much as their secret fears echoed that of his own heart. Wallastra was ready to enter the wilderness and seek the Undermaster's traces.

Taking precautions and large-scale planning means you don't get dinged by Does not Micromanage and is fair since you're working big ideas and letting the system manage itself. WALLASTRA (+8) prepares to travel into the wild/underground! Roll was success! +2 Upshift was generated for Wallastra's next Travel/Beneath-related action!

Parelle - Ascalon

All things considered, it would probably be much, much safer and simply better for everyone involved to simply steer well and clear of the horrendous phallic snail tower. Parelle turned the Road Home towards the mountain fortress, unrolling it from in front and behind and letting it grow naturally to connect the two points. Ascalon. That was the city's name. The connection between Home and Ascalon blossomed, and soon a steady tide of refugees from elsewhere began to make their way towards the latter (it was the more widely known refuge) but a small trickle of hardy folk made their way Home as well. A few brave traders or wanderers made the trip to both and thus the populations knew vaguely of one another and what lay on the other side.

Her messenger bird fluttered upwards and into the great city, having some trouble with the wondrous metal dome which encased its surface but eventually finding a way in. How or when its resident God would reply was anyone's guess, but Parelle waited patiently outside to be invited in just the same.

Everything at Home had gone well. Reggie had been tired and quiet, but responsive to her requests and Pirsuq had flitted in and out of the conversation at the head of a swarm of wildings throughout. The management of the city was going well and its population was safe. She'd kissed Reggie on the cheek, breathing the reassuring warmth of Life into him so that he could complete the somber task of reentering their siblings, and he'd nodded and set to with plans for a tomb of concealment and protection immediately. It was by now surely completed. The tomb would hide the energy of their siblings' corpses unless a predator managed to break its enchantment, and for now would keep them safe.

PARELLE (+4) builds The Grave of the Twelve! REGGIE (+4) helped! Roll was success! GRAVE OF THE TWELVE conceals the corpses of THE TWELVE unless an action specifically targets/breaks the result DC! THE ROAD HOME now connects Home to Ascalon! Mortals have begun to traverse the road, mostly on their way to Ascalon! Some mortals have trickled back and the two cities are now aware of each other! As the user with seniority based on occupation, PARELLE has priority over other users of the ROAD!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra - Outskirts of Wallastra
8/16 AP - 1AP

Wallastra looked over the men he had assembled before him. 7 Former Miners, Foremen, And members of the guild who used to manage to mines. They were old to be sure, the youngest man there was maybe 35 but all of them were still ready and capable for the task ahead, he hoped. Behind him was a Sand Skiff, one of the innovations that the Warlord helped design, a light craft that could travel the sands like a waterborne boat, capable of carrying up to 12 people on board. With the supplies stacked on, that number decreases somewhat but it would still be more then enough to carry them, in addition to barbs inserted onto the wheels to give it better traction, sled like rails were mounted to the side of the skiff to enable it to cross over less solid ground without too much issue. The supplies he had gathered could be expected to last for 2 weeks with proper rationing, Wallastra hoped that the trip would not be more then a single week, but you can never be sure in this day and age.

He turned to the assembled men. "I thank you all for agreeing to this call of action for your city, and for me." He looked outwards to the sea of white ahead of them. "I won't lie to you all, this will be difficult, and were these better times I wouldn't have sent you out with anything less then the best that our city has to offer to protect you."

"And were we not in dire need, I would not have given this even the slightest consideration it would have been too dangerous otherwise. But our need is dire and our resources limited so this is our result, we will have to move quickly the less time we spend in this damnable weather the better. I have faith that we will succeed, and you will have my word that I will do whatever is in my power to bring you back home. If any of you wish to turn back now it will not be a stain on your honour, many other mortals would have never put themselves forward, fewer still would want to go forth with what this expedition will entail. Does anyone wish to turn back now?"

Wallastra waited, and after a few seconds when no one stepped forward, he continued. "Very well, help me prepare the skiff, I will be checking over our supplies one last time and then we will be departing as soon as we are ready"

And so he did, he checked over the supplies available. Wallastra was meticulous with his planning, enough food to last longer then the trip, enough furs and firewood to spend a few nights out in the frozen tundra if need be, and mining equipment, plenty of mining equipment. The stores of mining equipment had been relatively untouched and still very serviceable. Anything they lacked was quickly produced by the craftsmen under his care, they were for all intents and purposes as best equipped for this as they could ever be.

And yet, Wallastra still felt apprehensive. As soon as he is out of his city boundaries, with half of his powers would already diminished from being far from civilization, all it would take is one inopportune ice-storm, or one roving band of barbarians and they would be in trouble. He hoped that when they arrived at their final destination, the hardest part of the journey would then be over, and yet...

No, best not to think about these things now we will depart and we will bring back whatever we can.

Wallastra prepares to roll out with his band of humans to the distant signal of the Underlord. [+4] Voice of the People is the only thing he can reliably call on throughout this it will ensure at the very least that his presence will be able to protect the mortals from the worst effects of the weather. Thanks to his planning Wallastra came prepared as best he could, enough supplies to allow them to survive out in the harsh wilderness should the worst happen, a requisitioned sand skiff fitted by the cities engineers to better handle the snow and ice, and favourable winds to carry them forth (+2 Free Shift)

Still, it certainly wouldn't hurt to grease the wheels of this somewhat. Before he left he imparted a blessing onto the Sand Skiff so that it may steer them to their final destination swiftly and more importantly, safely (-1 AP).

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wallastra - Undermaster's Rest

The miners were a mixed lot. The elderly, the crippled, or the otherwise retired, they were nonetheless still skilled workers who were in their way masters in their craft. Wallastra's presence and blessing helped to counteract the worst effects of senility or bodily infirmity, and thus empowered the crew set out. For whatever good it did Wallatra whispered his own blessing into the mast of the desert craft, its functions converted to skim snow and ice as opposed to sand. Whether by chance or by the high morale and strengthened faith of the miners the skiff made excellent time, and Wallastra found himself slowly diminishing as they drew away from the city but settling into the ordered pace of the miners as they set about their tasks on the boat. They bore him in their hearts and minds, and their routines gave him some shape. Some small part of his power splintered off from Wallatra, entering the craft and granting it speed and durability beyond mortal means as he did. He idly dreamed of a vessel the size of a city or a city the size of a boat. What would it be like?

The sand skiff's magic was steady and strong, and would no doubt see them home in the same manner. Skirting signs of storms and possible raiders the party used Wallastra's senses as a lodestone, and soon found themselves at a nondescript mine entrance which one of the foremen recalled. He clambered down from the skiff, muttering a prayer to Wallatra and stroke the heavy beam which jutted out from the ground and supported the massive gates of the mine.

"This here is Shaft #J5. I helped lay these very struts, must have been forty years ago if a day. It's just one of many entrances to the greater mine complexes, but funny thing is I noticed on our way over all the other ones seem to have collapsed or been buried by the snow. There's not a gate lock or anything but all the J-series have got mechanical bits to open the doors, move the carts, pump the air, that sort of thing-"

The miners had scattered around the gate, searching for and activating the hand cranked mechanisms outside to open the way when the old foreman stopped.

"Here now, what's this? This ought to be just a track straight down. This tunnel's different from the last time I went through. There's a split up ahead when there oughtn't not to be."

Wallatra's diminished divine senses pulsed and flickered as the gates opened. The way ahead was a complex and deep labyrinth. Still Beneath though, and still muted, he felt an answering pulse of the Undermaster's power.

WALLASTRA (+6, 1AP) Travels to the Undermaster's Rest! Roll was great success! Sand Skiff will remain as a +2 expendable upshift to travel actions aboveground or within a medium in which a skiff may function! UNDER MASTER'S REST has an unlocked but ornate gate! It is a labyrinth!

Ascalon - Aesculus

The city rumbled, shaking Aesculus' work table and jarring loose the half finished mechanisms stacked there. His first thought was that it was the rats. The seemingly endless tide of rodents and other vermin which had swept towards and ultimately beneath the city must have surely come at the urging or response of the Rat God he'd befriended. But whether the encounter had gone poorly or well for Piper was unclear. There had been no sounds of battle, divine or otherwise, and no alarms sounded to alert him of a rat horde spewing forth from Beneath, so perhaps Piper had subdued, absorbed, or otherwise dealt with the creatures? It was hard to say. When no new alarms or alerts sounded he turned his attention towards the dove still waiting on his desk for a reply.

"Hello, my name is Parelle. I am a goddess and I would like to talk to whoever is in charge. I mean no harm as long as none is given."

Seeing him turn its way it repeated the message once again and stared blankly as if waiting for a response. Whatever her circumstances or faults, Parelle was apparently a decent enough God. The refugees still flocking towards the city were now able to make use of the wondrous Road which connected Ascalon to Parelle's Home, and by all accounts found their journeys that much the easier for its magical effects such as nourishing food, occasional shelter, and amusing stories about Parelle and her siblings. They came to Ascalon still of course, the fortress city being the much safer bet as a famous redoubt which had not yet closed its gates, but some adventurous souls had gone to Home and even returned. There they reported a deep and clearly divine structure underground with a magical Sun, with two other Gods in attendance and a healthy and happy population of mortals who were refugees from all places. There were Dwarves there too, the glum and standoffish race living in their own section apart from the rest, and they had mixed things to say about Parelle's works. Despite their claims that Parelle was a powerful and horrific necromancer they nonetheless admitted that she'd saved them many times.

There you have it, basic info dump on Parelle based off of the traffic between your two cities in case you want some background to set up your encounter. Any particular backstory or opinions on each other from pre-game history is your own business to be worked out between the two of you. Otherwise assume vague knowledge of each other's background/gimmick i.e. guy who does metal/girl who writes travel cookbooks. Whatever the Rat God got up to is pretty much optional. A ton of rats flooded in and went downstairs but everything seems to be ok since you haven't heard his death knell (or God Battle) nor has a ratillion of rats erupted upwards to eat your city.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Ascelon

Parelle thinks about what to do next as she waits. Maybe a gift? Gifts are good. She stops and talks to people as they move hither and thither from Home to Ascelon and vice versa. Part of her was sad that people were leaving Home, but she was glad to see people on the road. Those who didn't bow and scrape to her did offer gossip, which was nice for a change. Road rumors are the best. Apparently she was a heroic savior, a horrible, yet polite necromancer and a great cook. One young and fairly handsome man in on his way out from Ascelon even dropped a marriage proposal on her, as apocalyptic times tend to spur those kinds of feelings. She laughed, fluttered her frozen lashes at him and told him that if he's still interested once she got to her Home that she might entertain the idea. She watched him blanch as she started a fire from nothing, pulled cookware and food out of a pack that was too small to hold even the tiniest portion of what she produced and began cooking for a population of millions alone.

She sighed as he ran back off toward Ascelon, abandoning his tip to Home. She had been half serious, and the sudden boost in her confidence dipped slightly. It was embarrassing to say, but mortal or divine, she never had a husband before and she wasn't one to enjoy mortal dalliances like some of her brothers and sisters. She was always too busy with travel and family in equal amounts. She added further spices and thought what it would be like to have a husband to kiss and squeeze and warm her bed. There was a good chance that she might die after all, and finding love might be just the thing to do. Her already cold reddened cheeks turned a darker shade of red and she giggled as she stirred her bubbling pot. Yes, apocalypse really does turn one's mind towards these sorts of a things. A husband might be a nice to have after all if one was brave enough for the task.

"Maybe even two," she said, the only words she said out loud at all so far as a private joke to herself. She giggled as she finished the stew. "You're so bad. Shut up, Parelle," she said as she mocked herself, which only made her giggle more.

Parelle is going to make a divine gift for Ascelon of food. It has a ton of people after all and provisions won't last forever.

+2 food and drink as it is food and drink, +2 hope for the promise of delicious fresh food, +2 sun to make it a hot meal, +2 nature to make it tasty with peppery herbs and spices.

If no envoy is sent, she's just going to head home, but she will leave the food. She will roll up the road, but only after clearing both sides so no one gets stranded. No diplomacy means no road, as she's aware that it can get stolen at any time.

2+2+2+2=+8 to make the food blessing for everyone.

Still got my finger on the road just in case anyone tries to gank it as an interrupting action.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 27, 2015

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Vicissitude, Ruins of Batjullik

Well that was…interesting, if nothing else. Vicissitude was expecting a bustling Dwarven metropolis that he might have to sneak or otherwise con his way into. Instead he found a ruin even more lifeless than Thaisaidain. So he begins to prowl the area, on the alert for danger but also using his Divine senses to reconstruct the battle -- who was present, who fought on which sides, who the victors (and losers) were and in what direction they marched off in glorious triumph (or fled in abject defeat), what could have absconded with an entire mountain, and what occurred when millions of voiced suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Whenever he encounters a location where Divine blood was spilled or Divine essence was used to great effect, he pauses to incorporate the traces of that God's essence into his Mask.

I presume that I can just learn everything about what transpired and which way everyone went without too much difficulty. If Traits are needed for a roll in that regard, Inbetween All Worlds +2 and Everything New Under the Sun +2 gives me a total of +4. Alternately, if a roll is needed to power up my Mask with the essence of Isath, Malador, Parelle, Vendruck, Bismark, and Arthak and his unnamed enslaved Gods, that will include Trickster Spirit and Trickster's Mask +4 for a total of +8, with 1 AP to ensure the power-up succeeds. If these actions together take two turns, that's fine too -- especially if one of those turns was "last turn" (i.e before the update you just dropped).

Remaining AP: 9/16

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 27, 2015

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath, Thawzone

Isath stood down, its legblades clamping down into the warm loam below. The action had not been a complete waste, but Isath was extremely unsettled. How to deal with this blind, all-seeing god? Isath much preferred the clash of pincers, the drawing of blood. That, at least, was simple to understand. This intrigue, this feeling of having gone through all this before - Isath loathed every second of it.
But it would not do to lower its guard.

Isath projected its thoughts towards the seeing god, as much as it could. It had not communicated in this way much, ever. Isath's thoughts were unbearable to mortals - a cacophony of voices and screeches, a filthy thing, like being at the bottom of an ocean made of cockroaches. Gods would of course not go raving mad after feeling it, but that didn't mean it was a pleasant thing to experience all the same.

you ̛s̸aw all̶.͡ ̶t̸h̛en̵ ́saw̕ t̡his.͝

Isath pointed a massive clawed appendage at the newly-formed sun-thing, sizzling within the earth's folds

m̛an͏y ͟f͡l̨esh hu͟rt̶. ̕w̸h͠y?

n̸o ͏more͘ ̨fight͝.͘ ͡w͢arm h͘ere. ̷will ͠sh͝a̧r̡e̸. no pr͡o̧bl̷e̶m͞s̵. h͘eat͝,̴ f͡oo̕d͡

to͜gether͟? s͠l͞ow ̕i̕ce. ̵n͞ev͞ȩr ̛sto͞p.̸ sl͢ow̴. sof͡t ҉t̷im̴e͠. fo͠ŕ ͏a͟ ̵w҉hil̸e

Isath did not make any extra motions that could be seen as aggressive, or truly seen at all. However, as it was talking, it had been focusing on something. Isath remembered. It remembered the void. Could it change light, approaching even slightly the horror of the Beyond? Could this blind-seeing god SEE, when SEEING was removed from the world? It was a gamble. Isath was tired, and hungry. Maybe it would only work on a fistful of space. Still, it had to try - Isath needed to see whether it could elicit any reaction from this god. Isath was watching him carefully. Very carefully.

Starting with the building blocks of light, then - what if they were absorbed by matter, instead of reflected? No, the energy had to go somewhere. What if they went through? How could Isath manage that? It was hard thinking...

- Telling the tunnelers and Watcher to withdraw into Isath
- Asking the god of foresight what he wants, opening negotiation
- With Light +4 attempting to remove the very concept of images and vision from the Thawzone - altering the fundamental properties of light itself so that it does not reflect off objects. Continue with this action unless the foresight god seems confused in some way - if that happens cancel the action. (Isath is trying to get some information on how the guy's foresight works, two important things: whether it needs the physical substrate of light-formed images to work - since he's the god of foreSIGHT and VISION - or if it just works somehow because he's a god and gods don't follow reason, and also trying to ascertain whether timelines can be split by introducing result-based contingencies at fork points. Of course, Isath's action can just fail in which case probably no information will be gained)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

8/16 AP

Day 3.

Provisions are holding, we have found the source of the signal from the Underlord, an abandoned mine from many many moons ago. At least I assumed it was abandoned

Wallastra tapped the quill against the page trying to think what else to put. It seems that the first thing to go when you get distanced from your city is your memory, previously he could remember where every last piece of brick or mortar went into a particular house, when it was built, how it was built, why it was built, who built it, what their birthday's were. It was his prerogative to know, now though he can just about remember the time and the names of the men he traveled with.

The plan we have made is simple, we will use a system of ropes to maneuver through the mine-shaft, to both give is a point to anchor on if the path seems to be more or less steep, and to mark the way we came in case we need to go back. Additionally, we have agreed to do this in shifts, one group will remain with the skiff to watch our supplies and for any incoming danger. The other will go into the mine-shaft, I will of course be with the latter group for most of the time.

Our supplies are holding up nicely, we are making good progress and our journey has not been compromised by any unexpected circumstances. The party is in good spirits, though I wish I could share their enthusiasm, I cannot help but wonder 'When is this going to go wrong, when will we be put to the test'. I hope that I am wrong in this, I hope that this will be easier then I expected it to be.

But it never is.

---

As per the plan in the above post, the group is in two teams. One team will stay above ground to watch the supplies, the other will be heading below the earth to find the Underlord. [+4] Voice of the People will be working double duty to both, bolster the group that Wallastra is travelling with, and to remain in contact with the group above ground. ([-2] Does Not Micromanage) But the group is still smaller then what he would normally be able to tap into, for all intents and purposes out here in the wild Wallastra is a Small God.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Ascalon - Aesculus

Ascalon almost laughed at the dove. It was such a small thing for a god to send, even one as apparently tiny as this Parelle. He decided that the bird needed to be armed properly if it was to fly back and forth and brought up a small bit of armour for it to wear. He gave it the following message:

I Ascalon, Lord of Aesculus, first lord of flame and forge bid you greetings. I am grateful to you for not attacking my people and allowing more to come to my fortress. We possess a great deal here, but more help is always appreciated. I give you this token and bid you welcome. If anything requires my attention, send it to me via this bird. P.S. Please keep the Bird Armour, I believe it adds to the power of the Bird.

Aesculus also decided to hunt through the sewers, having heard virtually nothing for several weeks. Having given word to the various peoples on the surface he heads back into the darkness, eagerly awaiting a further chat with the rat God.

Using Defender +2 to shore up defences in my workshop and over city before going into the tunnels underneath.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Aesculus

Parelle waited on the stews as they simmered. She tasted them and seasoned them to perfection. She tipped the contents of one slower cooking pot into another when the dove she sent out perched on her shoulder with a shiny, new set of armor and a new voice with a new message.

"I Ascalon, Lord of Aesculus, first lord of flame and forge bid you greetings. I am grateful to you for not attacking my people and allowing more to come to my fortress. We possess a great deal here, but more help is always appreciated. I give you this token and bid you welcome. If anything requires my attention, send it to me via this bird. P.S. Please keep the Bird Armour, I believe it adds to the power of the Bird," said the bird. It then chirped, its voice made tinny by the armor.

She smiled at the new addition and then pursed her lips. It dawned on her that while the gift was amusing, it might show a small amusement at her. Perhaps she should crow a little to be taken more seriously. "Thank you for your invitation lord of forge and flame. I prepare supplies for your people as a gift, as growing anything in the cold is nearly impossible at best. I have traveled here and there in the cold, tamed a storm, saved travelers, saved the last of the remaining dwarves, fought the lord of hell and sent him running, raised one of my brother gods from the dead, formed a pantheon, created a holy ground that contains all of the flora and fauna that once covered the land to seed it once again, created a road that can span the planet and saved those stray mortals that I could easily find out in the cold. Perhaps you have heard of some of my deeds from the travelers on the road," she said, bemused. "You may have heard of what I was. Once I was a small god, but that was then and this is now. I have built a base of power. The reason I come here however is because I do not even begin to know where to address the problem of the cold. Perhaps we could meet and exchange ideas. If nothing else I can assist you in more fully preparing your city for this frigid weather while I am here."

She sends the bird off and it disappears into the air, its wings beating a rapid metallic sound.

Not rolling up the road as Ascelon seems like a pretty cool guy and I will continue to permit more people on the road to come and go as they please. Just talk for now.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ascalon - Beneath Aesculus

Ridiculous as it was, the dove had still managed to find its way into the city somehow. While it was largely harmless, its intrusion pointed to weaknesses in Ascalon's defense which he'd never considered. In theory an attacking God could infiltrate or poison the city by releasing a plague of magical birds or flying insects, or for that matter poisonous gas. The Dome enclosed the city and channeled the city's heat to keep itself warm, but there were still too many openings which a supernatural invader could take advantage of. As he walked he sketched a some improvements and signed a few work orders to close the most obvious gaps in the city's defense. No birds, bats, or magical clouds of butterflies would be able to breach the city's defenses, at least until he had the time to climb up the Dome himself and figure out a more timely solution. As an afterthought he addended the work order so that someone would be on watch for the hatch which the dove made its entry from in the event that Parelle had anything to say back. Word reached him that what had come back was an incredible amount of soups and stews, enough to feed the city's residents quite well for some time and delicious at that.

Making his way deep beneath Ascalon Aesculus found nothing particularly noteworthy until he rounded the corner which separated Piper's twisting den from the fortress' underbelly. Beneath Ascalon was packed almost completely solid with rats! Millions of rodents and other lesser vermin, packed nose to nose to ear to stomach, heaving, breathing, sleeping as if one. Millions of hearts beat in time to a single beat, and he realised that their collective breath was powerful enough to push him off his feet if he was unprepared.

What had the Rat God done? Where had he gone? Aesculus narrowed his eyes and focused his divine vision, picking through the densely packed rodentlife to its very center. There. Piper was at the very heart of the swarm, curled in slumber with the tails of a thousand other rats held firmly between his lips. In some way the Rat God was slowly becoming one with the swarm, and as he twitched and shifted in his sleep so too did the many millions.

"HSSSSS!"

"Uh! Uh!"

The mass shifted, and he found himself staring back at a set of angry, inquisitive, and not-quite-rodentlike eyes, followed by a second, and a third, and many more.

"HSSSSS!"

Piper had mentioned followers, he'd called them... the Scurry? Bestial but still atavistically intelligent, they were clearly the warped remnants of some other mortal race. By the stocky and squat proportions of their bodies, he guessed that they were Dwarves and immature ones at that. They glared at Aesculus, clearly incensed by his intrusion and clawed hands gripped weapons of rock and bone.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

"Pray to your God. Your life is in danger and so is the life of his brother. Tell him Tiphanes is in danger."

Chaos and terror. All images warped and bent in Aesculus' vision. All Gods could sense the thoughts and hopes of their worshipers, and prayers were like an itch or dull reminder of the same. Aesculus was no different but this prayer was different, this prayer drove straight Aesculus' mind with the weight of divine power and command behind it.

"TELL HIM WHAT YOU SEE."

The man saw nothing or everything. It was as if his mind no longer held the ability to see and nothing he now saw made sense. Aesculus received an impression of jumbled images, a great journey, despairing loss, and quiet celebration at the journey's success. Assault, then terror. It dawned on him that he recognised the voice guiding the prayer. It was his brother, Golden-eyed Tiphanes. Tiphanes the farseer had been found.

An image of his elder brother flickered through his mind, Tiphanes standing proudly before all the other Gods at the Convocation, making pompous and vague predictions with his damnably smug smile as the golden orbs of his eyes saw through space and time.

PARELLE has created a food blessing for ASCALON! ASCALON's next mortal action will receive a +2 upshift!

Welp you've found Piper. Turns out for whatever crazy set of reasons he summoned a swarm of vermin so big that it somehow reached +10 God-size. Then he may have fused with it/decided to go to sleep. He's asleep now for sure and his mind seems to be dominant. AESCULUS discovers Piper's followers, THE SCURRYING! They're nonverbal mortals that are pretty on the primitive side and clearly created by warping Dwarves into a more rat-like shape. They don't seem to like you in their lair.

AESCULUS (+2) modifies defenses of ASCALON! Roll was success! An upshift +2 against the next aerial assault on ASCALON has been created!

Oh then stuff with Isath happened. TIPHANES was formerly a God of +4 Vision +4 Foresight, and foremost among Aesculus' siblings was widely known as a strategist and oracle. He's a smug jerk whose fav phrase is "I told you so." or "I knew you would do that." If he loses a fight he claims the puppet master defense all the way.

The labyrinth itself was mundane and unmagical, and the basis of its design was familiar enough to the miners that the search party was able to guide Wallastra through its depths with relative ease. But something was wrong. No matter where they turned and no matter which paths they took, ultimately the path led nowhere. They had walked and rewalked the length of the maze, and found nothing in the way of secret passages or hidden tricks.

"This doesn't make any sense. It's all dead ends!"

Although he was no expert on mazes Wallastra's divine senses remained sharp, and his perceptions told him that the miner was correct. There was no exit to the maze and no secrets. Did that mean that his party's experience and Wallastra's own senses were too weak to breach the Undermaster's enchantment?

"Begging your pardon my Lord, but can you not erm, magic us through it somehow?"

"Heheheheh! Fools! What is the Mine Lord's first law of defense?"

The eldest member of the party cackled as he rocked in the sand skiff above. Speaking through the bond empowered by Wallastra's presence, the miners convened their thoughts and grudgingly came to the same answer.

"Never be there in the first place?"

Wallastra's mind followed theirs, and he almost laughed aloud with the thought. Not unexpected for a God obsessed with secrets and dark places. The labyrinth itself was surely a trap, the simplest and best of traps which depended on its victim's own paranoia and fear to waste time and energy meticulously searching for a secret exit that was not there. If they wanted the Undermaster they would have to dig, no doubt triggering further defenses and giving the Undermaster more time to flee or make other preparations along the way.

WALLASTRA (+2) seeks the UNDERMASTER! Roll was... success? The labyrinth is a closed maze that has been built without a solution! The miners remembered their God's habits, and suggest that it may be a trick! WALLASTRA +2 auto-checks to confirm, roll is success! Turns out it's a mundane defense designed specifically to act as a buffer/trap for the paranoid!

Isath - Thawzone

The maimed God leaned close to Isath's base and whispered nine words which caused the tower to writhe in fear and confusion.

"I will bring an end to the Ice forever"

Was he mad or omnipotent? Or both? The God ignored Isath's action and instead slipped through the confused and heaving structures of muscle to the open cavity where the captured mortals from the raid had been piled high. Swiftly and as if with perfect knowledge of his destination he wound his way through the pile and yanked forth a mortal man with a lantern built into his helm.

"Wake up. Pray to your God. Your life is in danger and so is the life of his brother. Tell him Tiphanes is in danger."

Slapping the man awake, the God grasped the mortal by the head and with a spark of divine might forced his eyes wide open just as bulb of strange light forming at Isath's tip burst, scattering something divine which warped the fabric of reality and bent the nature of light itself.

"OPEN YOUR EYES. TELL HIM WHAT YOU SEE."

The man screamed, his mind unable to process the chaotic swirl of light and unending movement which now filled the Thawzone.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"

"My brother listens, Tower of Flesh. Unlike you or I he remains flush with divinity and mortal worship, and now he knows the danger to his wayward sons. What will you do now?"

Isath could not see the sneer but the same cluster of disconnected memories gave enough impression that it could almost tangibly hear the sneer. Whether the other God was truly hampered or not, Isath knew with a certainty that he would always claim that circumstances were within his grand predictions. It was almost as maddening as actually falling for one of the Golden-eyed God's 'stratagems.'

ISATH +4 fundamentally alters light to negate the concept of vision within the Thawzone! Roll was success! Vision is no longer possible within the Thawzone for the duration of the scene as light behaves in a fundamentally strange manner!
FOREIGN GOD (+8, +1AP) located a mortal priest of AESCULUS and forced him awake, causing the man to gibber in horror and pray to his God! Roll was success! FLAME BEARER has awoken and can only scream!

Vicissitude - Ruins of Batjullik

Sometimes the best trick was figuring out how the trick had been done. Vicissitude bent along the broken ruins of Batjullik, using his clever with and knowledge of secret ways to reconstruct what disaster had occurred. Many Gods had fought and died here in quick succession. Invaders at the head of an army had died first, victims to a series of underground explosives laid by the Dwarves. Then the flame, it had come as a counter attack and burning through Batjullik's main gate it had ignited the depths of the city itself. Hundreds of thousands of mortals would have died in both cases.

He touched a humanoid smudge before the melted glass of the gate. It tasted off. Not just ordinary ash then. Sulfur and infernal brimstone. The agents of Malador had been present and died in a circle defending something. Moderately powerful ones as well, to be able to mount a resistance to a divine attack but not strong enough to survive. Were they guarding an envoy of Malador then? There, slightly down field another God had landed and joined the battle. Then everything went wrong.

Something had come. Something massive and from the direction which he vaguely assumed was to the North. Titanic on a scale which beggared Batjullik itself something monstrous had come, doing violence to the land with the force of its passing, and thereafter there were no other signs of activity, Gods, mortals, or otherwise. The Trickster's Mask had reacted to various parts of the frozen, broken earth, and it was clear that many Gods and men had fought and died here but there were no scraps of flesh or spiritual remnants left. He looked again, hoping for enough of a reaction to empower the mask and shed light on the mystery, succeeding in finding a definitive lead.

Would be two actions, one to CSI the scene and another to hunt down and lick up every last drop of spilled Godblood/stray hair. But making it easier on both of us let's just roll it into one action to go over the RoB zone for what's visible and absorb any stray DNA left since that's the main issue here.

VICISSITUDE (+8,1AP) absorbs any divine essence leftover at the RUINS OF BATJULLIK! Roll was success! Please choose (from the Gods slain or wounded at the BoB) BISMARK, ARTHAK, VENDRUCK, MALADOR, or ENSLAVED GODS!

Parelle - Ascalon

Finally allowed to lay and grow, the Road Home planted its roots and began the dig deep and bear fruit. As the connection between Home and Ascalon grew stronger and steadier so too did the amount of traffic and trade between the two cities, which was now a modest trickle. Already from the main base at Home's entrance the Road had begun growing a thin path outwards towards another settlement.

Content to watch it grow and wait for a reply, Parelle enjoyed the moment's peace and quietly cooked for the city of millions. Soup! Soup and stews of all kinds to suit the great city and its many inhabitants. They were refugees from dozens of peoples, a slapdash mix of races with different tales and tastes and spices and part of her hoped that she would one day be able to welcome them all to her Home as well and share their tales with Reggie and Pirsuq. She lined up her pots and tureens, and laughed as the reinforced dove and other temporarily created life forms like it flew back and forth from her position and the city bearing her steaming gift. The city would eat well for some time.

PARELLE +8 creates a blessing of food for ASCALON's mortal population! Roll was success! A +2 Upshift was generated for ASCALON's next mortal population action!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Aesculus- Ascalon

When these weird "Scurrying" creatures reared up Aesculus simply smiled and made ready to greet them, whilst making his way out, he did not wish to disturb the sleep of Piper, even if he was in charge of them.

Then the pain came. It was as insistence and a subtle as a blow with a hammer and the great god almost fell to his knees, the pain was intense as the screaming of one of his followers echoed so hard in his head. A second of closing his eyes and focusing and who was it? Oh father above, not him. It could have been any other of his fathers children and he would have been overjoyed. But instead it was the smug lord, the chieftain of futures and seers, the one that Aesculus clashed with as often as any other. And he had his priests!

No, not him something worse. A great and glowing thing of flesh and stone and hunger. Aesculus thought something as hard as he could back to his priest, to work for even a moment through him. I WILL COME. YOU WILL BE FREE..

The creatures in front of him seemed at best bemused by the toppling behemoth, but when he stood back up, his radiance spread from him. "Return to the shadow, I will not harm the creature your lord is becoming. Our treaty stands, and I will feed him scraps, you will not trouble my people and if there is so much as a breath of it then I will give you reason to fear".

Aesculus left the sewers with all speed. Making his way to the tower, he received the messenger pigeon as he walked, its armour clanking as it settled on his shoulder.

Clearly he had something to learn about this new God, but the first matter was first and he gently scribbled as he strode through the streets "I would very much like to greet and speak with you about the possibility for survival against the ice, your tales are known to me but fresh facts have been shown me by one of my trusted priests. I wish to discuss matters further, would a meeting at my tower be amicable or would you prefer a more neutral setting?

He gently carried the bird in his hands, strapped the message to it and let it fly. Aesculus hoped that it would be able to make it to the God in time.

Making his way up the tower he called out to any priest nearby "Summon a conclave, gather all of your fellows and any headsmen of the refugees you can, we have much to discuss".

He strode into his forge then, it would take time for all of them to be gathered and so he got to work on something to keep his mind active. In this case, Aesculus knew that war was coming and he would endeavour to strike harder, with forging fresh items for himself and all who might accompany him to rescue his lost children.

Okay, assuming that my fire spear worked out (just realised the last post I did in this thread was in loving JANUARY!) I am going to get to work on building new sets of "explorer" armour for my companions and myself. We are then going to talk and then decide how we are going to get my priests back.
Using Forge +4 to make sets of good quality armour to reinforce my explorers and to ensure they can survive when I head out to get my priests back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

8/16 AP

Of course it wouldn't be that easy. It's never that easy.

"Alright... We will work in shifts, I have a vague idea of where the Underlord is so my initial plan is 'Dig that way'"

"I will assist the digging team of course, to maintain our contact with the workers on the surface, and in the hopes that my godly senses can detect any traps hidden in the earth. Let's return to base camp and rest up for the moment, we'll start digging tomorrow"

Plan put in action, Wallastra and some miners will dig towards the source, taking it in turns and trying their hardest to avoid any traps. [+4] Voice of the People and [-2] Does Not Micromanage still apply, Wallastra is also using their bond to the [+2] Ancient Pact to try and pinpoint which way to dig into the earth. All we can do at this point is dig down into the underdark

• Locked thread