Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Shameless bump. Can anyone at least read the Japanese? Does it say about what you'd expect it to?

quote:

Just to eliminate any doubt there may still be, using this one as a template.

マーチン B-26 - Martin B-26
中型爆撃機 - Medium (Strategic) Bomber

空冷 - Air cooled engine, 1500 horsepower
最大速力 - Maximum speed, 547 kmh
翼幅 - Wingspan, 19.81 metres
全長 - Length, 17.74 metres

The others are generally the same. Naturally the role changes based on plane. Sometimes they write 最高速力 instead of 最大速力 for maximum speed for no real reason I can think of, it's the same.

They also sometimes write 液冷 (liquid cooled) instead of 空冷 (air cooled). It seems Bacarruda covered the liberal figures they had for horsepower so I took a quick check on Wikipedia and it seems like they had at least a basic understanding of what kind of engines the planes were using. Admittedly, I'm not sure how hard it is to gently caress something like that up.

quote:

The only problem I can think of is this one. I can't tell if they think it has some sort of special engine or if the guy writing it tried to write 空冷 (air cooled) and hosed it up really badly.

Kaislioc fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread