Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Peacan, Dark Chocolate pie. (home-made crust too!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Suspect Bucket posted:

You post that recepie. You post it right loving now.

:3: It's the one here. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chocolate-pecan-pie-with-bourbon

We swapped corn syrup for a mixture of sugar/water (Google gives you a good conversion).

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
gently caress yeah meatloaf :cool:

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Christmas treats!

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Sorry for the iPhone photos. It's Sunday, so I followed Bon Appetit's advice and roasted a chicken on low for 3 hours. I rubbed it with a usual Italian blend, mixed with olive oil to form a paste. In the mean time, I made tortilla de patatas for the first time. Definitely one of my new favourite ways to eat potatoes!

Both turned out pretty delicious :3:

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Eggplant, Mozzarella, and Saffron Rice Bake (http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/eggplant-mozzarella-and-saffron-rice-bake)

Is Meatless Monday cheating if half the recipe is cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

feelz good man posted:

Sure!

Brine:
1.5 cups kosher salt
1/2 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons instacure 1
1 gallon water
Cinnamon sticks, cloves, dried peppers, allspice, coriander seeds, black pepper, juniper berries

Rub:
2:1:1 of black pepper:juniper berries:coriander seeds

Smoke with applewood until tender but sliceable (we're not gunning on pulled pork or something, so it's not going to be a hell of a long time)'

I didn't get pictures of it, but tonight I made a PLT with crispy fried slices of pastrami, tomato and lettuce on some toasted sourdough with a homemade garlic aioli. Unf.

This is great.

How long did you keep it in the brine for before smoking it?

• Locked thread