Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Oxtail helper. Braised some oxtails with very little liquid which was later added to a cheddar mornay sauce with some paprika, chili powder, freshly grated garlic paste, and a little hit of Tabasco. I need to add a sharper cheese next time though, it was not the ultra-cheesy thing I was quite looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Axikal posted:

Tonight's meal: Hot Burger!

It's a honey glazed hamburger topped with a slice of genoa salami, two skilleted hot dogs, and a slice of white American cheese.
Ah, a Lonely Man XL meal.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Oven-roasted pork shoulder with remoulade on a toasted ciabatta roll

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Still unpacking from my move, so here's a hearty bowl of sandwich.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Pork shoulder adobo with coconut milk and whole roasted garlic cloves. Copying casu_marzu

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Echeveria posted:

Recipe or I might cry
Sear some pork shoulder chunks in a real hot rear end pan with plenty of oil. It will spatter, so do it outside if possible or with a good hood vent. Add in some onion and ginger if you have it, then add in roasted whole garlic cloves, some roughly cracked peppercorns, bay leaves, a big glug each of vinegar and soy, some salt, then a can of coconut milk and a few bay leaves. Just let it simmer for like an hour or two until the pork is fork tender.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Casu Marzu posted:

:wtf: I don't have a underscore in my name and where the gently caress are your usual plates

21:08 casu_marzu ARRRR

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
Not finished yet, but here's a couple nice thick cut beef shanks I rescued from the markdown bin. Spicy porter and honeyed dijon sauce with caramelized onions

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Woof! Woof! posted:

poo poo I didn't name my food.
I usually just name all my food Poop by the Way of the Butt
:goonsay:

Here are some things I cooked up this weekend:

Beef tongue pastrami

Vietnamese lemongrass pork belly

Breakfast this morning of homemade andouille, pea shoots and a fried Americauna egg. Green eggs are cool.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
Thanks everyone!!

feelz good man posted:

Vietnamese lemongrass pork belly
This finally got put to good use. Here is a banh mi with liver spread, homemade do chua and some maggi mayonnaise:

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Wow... can you share that recipe?
Sure!

Brine:
1.5 cups kosher salt
1/2 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons instacure 1
1 gallon water
Cinnamon sticks, cloves, dried peppers, allspice, coriander seeds, black pepper, juniper berries

Rub:
2:1:1 of black pepper:juniper berries:coriander seeds

Smoke with applewood until tender but sliceable (we're not gunning on pulled pork or something, so it's not going to be a hell of a long time)'

I didn't get pictures of it, but tonight I made a PLT with crispy fried slices of pastrami, tomato and lettuce on some toasted sourdough with a homemade garlic aioli. Unf.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

toplitzin posted:

When did you peel the tongue?
Before.

quote:

And how'd you get it off without cooking the tongue before smoking it?
A lot of swearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it
I felt like making an effort sandwich.

Farm animals wondering what the gently caress that delicious smell is.

Bacon-cured, smoked lamb neck chunks.

Grilling some homemade pitas

Served, with a fresh cucumber, yoghurt, mint and garlic sauce!

• Locked thread