Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Dragon noodles with maple-glazed salmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

:vince:

(I'm going to try to steal this)

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Want those brownies in my mouth right now.

My last chocolate banana bread came out gooier than usual, too - thanks, new oven! - but it somehow made it even better.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Jesus gently caress.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

baw posted:

Tiramisu:

I LOVE the presentation - that little glass is so awesome. My tiramisu is a favourite in my family/friends and for dates, but presentation is never the best. I'm going to steal this.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Baked carbonara-ish bites:

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
They're from THIS WONDERFUL BOOK, which I highly recommend.

For 6 (and a bit) portions:

225g dried spaghetti
3 eggs (the recipe says 4 but my eggs were huge)
A little olive oil
50g pancetta
A handful of fresh basil
A little fresh Parmesan

Boil the pasta until al dente. Meanwhile chop and fry pancetta until crispy, then drain off the oil. Beat the eggs, chop and add the basil and pancetta. Throw in the cooked spaghetti and mix until coated (I cooled the spaghetti under cold water first to stop the eggs from scrambling, but the recipe doesn't mention this, so...). Divide up into greased muffin tins, top with a little grating of Parmesan and stick in the oven at 180C/350F for 10-12 minutes (until the egg is just set). Loosen with a knife, let cool then turn out.

I found that it was super eggy and I was left with a bowl full of egg and pancetta so I just topped each portion with it before adding the cheese. The bottom half of each portion is much more omelettey than the top, consequently. You could possibly make do with just 2 eggs, though, as long as everything was coated enough to hold it together.

They're also not very strongly seasoned because they're designed for consumption during exercise, so you might want to play around with that.

Nelson Mandela fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 10, 2015

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

mobby_6kl posted:

Those don't really look like muffins, more like cumcakes.

Is your cum full of black specks? See a doctor, sir!

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
More Feed Zone goodness...

Ham and pineapple baked rice cakes.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
This week's bike-portable treat will be French toast 'muffins'.

If only I could find a non-messy way of including maple syrup, I'd be in heaven.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Pasta con le sarde.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Woof! Woof! posted:

I'm sorry I'm currently laughing at you :(

I've put store-bought tortelloni in fajitas before. With cheese. I'm not proud of this.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Woof! Woof! posted:

Putting pasta into a wrap is dumb and gross. :emoji of an angry cat face:

You're dead wrong, sonny. Then again I've only ever done it after coming in through the door after 50-odd miles on the bike, so at that point my palate is probably just a little less refined.

:3:

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Woof! Woof! posted:

Agreed.

Here's a 45 day ribeye steak cooked to 135f

Gorgeous knife. Who's the maker? I picked up a Shigeharu when I was living in Kyoto and it cuts like nothing else.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Cod loin with pancetta on chilli-mint pea and potato mash, with a side salad and baked lemon half.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
I patty melted.

It were reet good.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
I'll shank you.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
It's my mum's birthday so I made her favourite: lemon meringue pie.

It was loving delicious.

Yeah she likes cats ok.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Invisible Ted posted:

Gyoza'd.

Filling is carrot, onion, cabbage, garlic, ginger, seasame oil, chili paste and chorizo (didn't have any other protein around and needed to use it). Seasoned with soy and rice wine vinegar. Any tips to improve my gyoza game? The dough is stupid easy, especially with my pasta roller, plus I actually kinda like making it.

They look great - nice crimp! Maybe your dough looks a little thick - it should go pretty translucent when cooked (assuming you fry-steam-fry). Never had them with chorizo but they sound delicious.

When you shred the cabbage, you made sure to heavily salt, leave, then wring all the water out yeah?

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Invisible Ted posted:

I rolled them kinda thick because my pasta roller goes way too thin, going to the lowest setting with pasta feels kinda like you're eating nothing. I didn't actually know about the salting of the cabbage, I'll have to do that next time. I did saute all the filling, is that normal, or does it traditionally go in raw?

The filling can go in raw. There shouldn't be much in each so it'll easily cook with the dumplings. Yeah I was taught to shred the cabbage pretty finely, heavily salt it and mix together, leave for 15 mins then wrap it up in a clean dishcloth and wring as much water out as you can. Then mix that in with the pork, ginger, etc.

I'm not sure how correct or authentic this actually is, but I was taught by a Japanese person while living in Japan (I know it's ostensibly Chinese, but they loving love their gyōza there) so I'm guessing it's not bad, and it's always worked for me. I'm sure there are lots of personal variations though. :)

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Hot date night.

Texas chili.

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Valentine's dinner...

Insalata caprese (only the freshest ingredients will do, drat it), duck breast agrodolce with drunken raisins and pine nuts on saffron risotto, and absurdly indulgent Polish hot chocolate. That'll do. :)

Slightly overdid the duck breast - it was still juicy as hell, but not pink. Oh well.

• Locked thread