Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I was inspired by the beef cobbler a while back to transform my leftover stew:

Chive drop biscuits on red wine beef stew with brussels sprouts. It was incredible, though my photo is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Why do you guys keep forgetting the rice? It was 2 kinds of alfredo-sauced-pasta and rice (buttered, Montreal-steak-seasoned rice) in a wrap. If you're going to be outraged, at least get it right. He said it was delicious, and I'm sure it was. I'm also sure he was high as gently caress. :)

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

"Fruitcake" oatmeal cookies

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

mich posted:

Thanks! Nah, not a pro, just like to bake. And no, the groom's mother commissioned us to do the rehearsal dinner cake. We did make a wedding cake for a friend last month.

Today we put together this for a weekly Sunday Supper I host with friends!

Lovely and amazing.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

paraquat posted:

Made caponata (Sicilian sweet-and-sour eggplant dish) for the first time.
It was a simple version, and I served it with some toasted white bread.

think I´m in love with ma food

You need some crostini and goat cheese with that shizz, babe. It's the only way.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Brawnfire posted:

Very simple dish of chicken thighs in a SOUTH carolina-style mustard sauce. Thought it looked pretty in the pan, but I'm not great at capturing exactly what I want on a camera.

Looks good. Pretty skin and onions and lemons.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I fell on the ramen wagon... this is like a Japanese hybrid ramen with the sesame miso broth from my ICSA entry. So loving good. No, I didn't make the noodles - it was a Friday night throw-together... literally took like 15 minutes. Amazing.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

im full of poo poo posted:

what's on the bottom right of the bowl?

Yummy delicious 5-spice pressed tofu.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Rurutia posted:

Omg that's adorable. <3

Lol dude, I'm just too lazy to photograph my normal food. Your fried chicken looks great.

Seconded and thirded. Last night's dinner was local grass-fed boeuf bourguignon over homemade egg noodles. But no pics sorry lol.

Edit: For some actual content, here's a lovely pic from my ICSA entry

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746396

psychokitty fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 2, 2015

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Shakshukaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man I need to make that again; thanks for the reminder.

Last night, I upgraded my mom's "school lunch" dinner:

Local grass-fed ground beef with onion, garlic, purple carrot, and cremini mushrooms in brown gravy plus red wine and infused with fresh herbs... over red-skin mash... with peas and raw milk.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Midniter posted:

My favorite way to prepare a pierogi is to boil them through to warm the filling and cook the dough, then crisp up the bottom in a skillet with a bunch of butter. Top with sour cream and lots of fresh ground black pepper, and...:yum:

Takes me back to this place in Green Point, Królewskíe Jadło. They had the best pierogi. Done like that with some golden onions on the side. I'm drooling right now even though I just finished lunch.

Made crusted pr0k tenderloin the other night, along with some mashed best sweet potatoes I've ever had (idk wtf this farm is doing to their taters but those fuckers were amazeballs), and yes we eat a lot of peas.

pr0k tenderloin with herb/garlic/dry mustard crust

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

twoday posted:

It's cold and rainy and windy in the Netherlands and after biking around in that mess it feels so good to eat some snert:

Cooked in the traditional manner, with pork shoulder, celery root and leaves, carrots, leek, onions, potatoes, a bay leaf, smoked sausage (rookworst), and some salt and pepper. Thick enough for the spoon to stand in. Some rye bread, mustard, and smoked ham on the side. Everything in goblets. Simple but so good.

As I sit here with my meager peanut butter toast and tea for lunch because I'm broke, I'm imagining eating this photo instead. Good Vishnu that looks so yummy on this cold and rainy day.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Junior G-man posted:

Christmas Dinner 2015:

Mostly French cooking this year, a few things from the Michel Roux book and some inventions of my own.

Home cured salmon (Dill, Mint, Citrus, Gin) with marinated cucumber:

Ham Mousse with Madeira Jelly, Egg Whites and Toast

Scallop carpaccio with pan-fried scallop, balsamic reduction and orange dressing

Lentil and Pheasant Soup, Lentils, Pheasant Mousse and Bacon

Pan-fried Cod, Red Cabbage and Apple Puree, Hollandaise Sauce with Sunflower Seeds, Pickled Red Cabbage

Roe Deer Fillet, Foie Gras Sauce, Salad

Cheese Course

[x] No picture - Camembert Soaked in Calvados, Brie de Meaux

Buttermilk Panna Cotta, Pistachio Crumble, Figs and Honeycomb Tuille

Took about 2 days to make and 3.5 hours to eat for 4 people. Everything made from scratch.

My god man. That's incredible.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

good electric posted:

roasted an eggplant

That looks unbelievably tasty. And I don't typically care for eggplant. :psyduck:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

quote:

Garnished with yard onions.

Holy poo poo. I keep thinking about doing that with all the crazy onions the previous owners let go crazy in our yard. Thank you. It looks amazeballs.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

High five green apple Kitchen Aid buddy!!! Looks so good. I keep thinking it's lasagna time. I should make it so.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Breakfast

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Gorgeous money shot. I'm drooling into my coffee right now. :D

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

tarbrush posted:

Please no. My waistline couldn't take it.

Do it

AFAIK we only have a cajun thread; no general southern thread.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

NC BBQ nachos with STL beer.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

mich posted:

Man, we really do need someone to step up with a Southern food thread because everyone just thinks it's all fried, drowned in butter, and full of sugar, but there's a lot more to it than that!

Yeah, there's some fatback and salt. :P

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

sweat poteto posted:

Falafel, habanero onion jam, tzatziki

drat that looks good. Now I know what I'm doing when my habanero plant produces.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

silvergoose posted:

lol I'm fine making it just for myself and any children who happen to like it.

Yeah I'm seeing adding cumin seeds and toasting them, then adding the onions and such. Paprika vs smoked paprika vs pure red chili? And yeah I'll probably try to grab a bell pepper next I go food shopping, this was "what do I even have that works in this". Thanks!

I use smoked paprika almost exclusively instead of paprika because it's awesome. But depends if you want a smoky flavor or not. I also use fire-roasted tomatoes in my shakshuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Potato & chevre pierogi with braised red cabbage

• Locked thread