Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

paraquat posted:

but the beef from my supermarket takes at least 4.5 hours to get near the edible stage and theirs falls apart in 1.5 hours (and is way more delicious)
I am a fan of chicken and mushroms as well, so your version will be next, thanks!

Could be a lot of things. Could be what the cow was fed, the quality of food it was fed, post butchering treatments that bulk chain butchers do (gross). I've stopped buying meat from the grocery store and started buying from local butchers at the farmers market. I buy a hundred or so bucks worth of meat and then freeze it all in my deep freeze.

To contribute, I made a sort of janky white person's stir fry last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

sharkattack posted:

brown butter toffee hazelnut blondies

Give me.. the recipe... NOW

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

beerinator posted:

Click the picture, nerd.

Haha! Thanks

edit: I'm gonna have to make dairy free toffee from scratch though.

Echeveria fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 5, 2014

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Veritek83 posted:

I decided to go meatless for January, simply to lower my sheer caloric intake post-holidays, and I really should have just resolved not to read this thread. Between chili, wings, and prosciutto-wrapped chicken, I'm being sorely tested right now.

This would result in me ending up anemic, again. I tried to cut my red meat intake to one serving or less a week, and my iron dropped so far I was short of breath. Supplements and veggies high in iron didn't help, either. So I'm back on the meat train. I'm pretty sure I could live on red meat, potatoes and the odd fruit.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

franco posted:

(trigger warning for lactose intolerant gwspooners - this uses all the cheese).

Unff. I'd sacrifice my guts for that. A friend asked me last night, what my dying meal would be if I knew I was going to die. I said, all the cheeeeese. And a fatburger milkshake.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Ayem posted:

Ugh, brussels sprouts are unnecessarily expensive here (Edmonton) right now. Stores are trying to get $2.50/lb for them, when they used to be 99 cents.

And they're lovely. Or maybe that's just Calgary, but they're always pretty crummy.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

franco posted:

Aww drat - I was actually thinking of you specifically when I wrote that, just couldn't quite remember your username! That does sound like a good dying meal plan :unsmigghh:

<3

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'd eat the gently caress out of that. Beef + potatoes is my favorite.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

How essential is cheese to Risotto?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

legendof posted:

I've made entirely dairy free risotto with just vegetable stock and a lot of stirring, and it was amazing. Dairy isn't necessarily at all.

Yessssss. will try.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I made a nice meal tonight. I made risotto. I didn't use arborio rice, I had some short grain rice I figured would work just as well.

Not bad for my first time. It was delicious and savoury but a little bit hard still.

I threw this in with the oil and let it bloom a bit before adding the rice.

Roast chicken

Plated with acorn squash and greens. I hate greens, but my husband makes me eat them. I'm not great at plating, and I was hungry.

It was pretty delicious. It was ruined halfway through by my husband bringing up an argument from last night, then getting all mad at me. Oh well, I guess I'm nourished.

Echeveria fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 24, 2015

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Suspect Bucket posted:

That's fiber and vitamins enough to make you a well oiled poop machine for the rest of the week.

God, I wish. I really dig acorn squash, though.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Doh004 posted:

Finally got to cook a meal this weekend.

drat that looks delicious LOOK AT HOW CRISPY THE FISH IS.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'd never eaten acorn squash before a few weeks ago, but I am super into it now. I like to just roast it with (fake) butter and garlic, salt and pepper.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'm pretty new to GWS and I ask a lot of questions, and no one's been elitist towards me. I think it has more to do with the general content of posts, though.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

What is irish butter?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I made halibut for the first time ever last night. I made a herbed panko crust with dill, chives, parsley, and a bit of lemon rind. The photo doesn't look great but it was really, really tasty. Boiled then baked potatoes, and I was going to make brussels sprouts, but my husband protested. There wasn't room in the oven, anyways.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I love snickerdoodles.

Casu can I have your chicken recipe?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Sweet, thanks. I have everything but the fresh tarragon kicking around. I will try it this week.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I made that rad banana bread but I over cooked it just ever so slightly.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

..did... did you eat anything else with it? A vegetable?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Fo3 posted:

Why am I only hearing about chickpea chips now?
hosed up my pancreas a couple of months ago due to 15 years of nightly drinking. Cut back the booze but ended up back in hospital because of too much fried food, so now have to cut off any oils/fat too :(

This surprises you??

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Laminator posted:

everyone needs to behold this amazing mint chocolate chip espresso cake my fiancee made for my birthday

she even used some of my home-made creme de menthe in the frosting! she's the best :)

I would probably sacrifice my guts for this and devour it.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

feelz good man posted:

Pork shoulder adobo with coconut milk and whole roasted garlic cloves. Copying casu_marzu

Recipe or I might cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

KettleWL posted:

Oh also only using a tablespoon of the sauce and one or two peppers is for wimps, throw the whole drat can in there imo

I find it gets too smokey, and kills other flavors, but that could have been the brand I've been buying. Safeway started carrying a different brand and I picked one up last week, so I'll give it a whirl soon.

• Locked thread