Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nexal posted:

Did you say Mudslide :love:

No, you are probably mistaken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

No, you are probably mistaken.

I would love a legitimately good egg nog recipe myself. Remember, extra recipes are welcome. Just gives you guys more points to throw around. If you give extra ones Grandicap I'll pepper them throughout the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Last time I tried to make nog, I only had hand whisk and beat those drat egg whites forever. The nog was delicious, but a lot of work. Now I have mechanical devices and it might be good to try it again, hmmm, that might be a finalist.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright I'm out, I won't have time or ingredients to make anything good, and I can't get this to my liking. If anyone wants to do it anyways:

The Swimming Jacob

1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 slices of candied bacon, crumbled
1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Rice Pudding
1 Banana

Now I'm going to go climb a mountain until I figure out how to get chicken in there

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Alright. Something came up and I will not be able to have time for this game anymore. I will withdraw myself from this game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Alright I think that's all the sign-ups we're getting. I have 6 recipes from:

Asiina
Opop
Puntification
Somberero
Big Nothing
Ernie.

I need recipes from the rest to calibrate costs and whatevers. So that means:

Grandicap
Capitalist Pig
Mild Mannered Mannikin
Exakt Science
Propaganda Machine

I'd like to get started no later than Tuesday and hopefully we can wrap up before the holidays.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No no, I quit. I won't have the time to do this. Sorry

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Oh ok. That's fine. If it's a holiday thing, and if that's going to be an issue I can wait till after the New Year's everyone agrees to come back for it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Sorry to hear that, glad I won't have to make your cocktail choice though! :v:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh ok. That's fine. If it's a holiday thing, and if that's going to be an issue I can wait till after the New Year's everyone agrees to come back for it.

No shut up it starts next week end of. I will fight anyone who wants/says otherwise.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sounds good to me. I still need those final recipes to run with it though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I pmed you my recipe already when I signed up 100 years.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah what the hell, scratch that, I'm back in. Still need to tweak my recipe though

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I pmed you my recipe already when I signed up 100 years.

That's right! Mea culpa.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Finalizing that I am going with a nog, I will get the recipe to you by end of day tomorrow at the latest.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to drink all my drinks before this starts. The juice in my fridge is taunting me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandi, you're a genius!

The Swimming Jacob

1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 Banana
1 raw egg

It is done.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, you're a genius!

The Swimming Jacob

1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 Banana
1 raw egg

It is done.

Opop, I love you like a brother but you disgust me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah you say that now, but you're going to try it and love it and this time next year you'll be making it for all your friends.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
And I thought an Amber Moon was in poor taste.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I may change it to something else because I honestly do not want to drink that.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Spiced Eggnog - makes 6ish cups
Ingredients:
4 Eggs (Separated)
1/3rd cup sugar + 1 tbsp
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4.5 oz bourbon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (required)
Optionally additional spices to taste totaling another 1tsp, I like ground ginger, cinnamon, and allspice
Dash of vanilla extract

Instructions
Separate your whole eggs.
Take the yolks and gradually add the sugar, leaving a tbsp in reserve, while beating until completely dissolved.
Add the milk, cream, bourbon, vanilla extract and spices to the egg mixture and stir to combine.

In a stand mixer, beat egg whites to soft peaks*.
With the mixer still running add the 1 tbsp of sugar gradually until stiff peaks form.

Whisk the white mixture into the yolk mixture and chill.

Enjoy!

*Soft peaks are when you stop the mixer and lift the beaters out of the bowl, you get little points on the ends. They are soft peaks if they collapse when you tap them and stiff peaks if they do not. Soft peaks happen first.

Caution, this recipe uses raw eggs, some people don't like this, those people are weenies, however, you can find plenty of recipes that cook the eggs for you if you are a weenie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, you're a genius!

The Swimming Jacob

1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 Banana
1 raw egg

It is done.

Is this blended or just dropped in a Colins glass or something?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opop broke the game actually. He realizes you will never kill him so that you never have to make his drink.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The eggnog sounds delicious and I like how you add required for nutmeg. Is what I tell people in regards to cilantro and guacamole, those who dislike cilantro have never had real guacamole in my opinion.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The eggnog sounds delicious and I like how you add required for nutmeg. Is what I tell people in regards to cilantro and guacamole, those who dislike cilantro have never had real guacamole in my opinion.

You are right about guac, however, there is the whole genetic thing where some people actually taste cilantro as soap.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

You are right about guac, however, there is the whole genetic thing where some people actually taste cilantro as soap.

I know. I don't blame them I just feel bad because cilantro is my favorite. I just realized Prop. Machine never confirmed. Gonna PM them and axe if necessary. Still waiting on MMM.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah, the recipe.

1-Put that poo poo in the blender
2- Blend it.
3- Garnish with bacon if you want to be fancy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nah for real though keep it simple.

Opop's Rum and Coke

1 can diet coke with lime
1 shot of spiced rum

Mix. Drink. Chill.

also it has to be coke, if you try to use pepsi I demand 100 kill you on the spot.
IRL

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mine is pretty simple:

Take that fire whisky you bought for Somber's drink and mix it with a can of apple cider, then if you'd like, add a different kind of whisky until it is alcoholic enough for your tastes.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Nah for real though keep it simple.

Opop's Rum and Coke

1 can diet coke with lime
1 shot of spiced rum

Mix. Drink. Chill.

also it has to be coke, if you try to use pepsi I demand 100 kill you on the spot.
IRL

Changing my recipe to use Pepsi instead

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Mine is pretty simple:

Take that fire whisky you bought for Somber's drink and mix it with a can of apple cider, then if you'd like, add a different kind of whisky until it is alcoholic enough for your tastes.

apologies for those living in the parts of eurpope where fire whisky has been deemed unfit for human consumption

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

P. Machine hasn't yet gotten back to me so we'll probably run with 10 of you. Slightly awkward number but that's ok.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now that the holidays are over, I'd try recruiting again in the discussion thread. The game won't last long enough for me to get properly drunk with only 10.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Now that the holidays are over, I'd try recruiting again in the discussion thread. The game won't last long enough for me to get properly drunk with only 10.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Chiming in to say we will be live in less than 24 hours. I want to get some feedback from Poque and if it all checks out we can get started. Thanks for your patience.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think we should randomly turbo someone when the game starts so we can skip straight to the drinking.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've updated the rules with pictures. Please if you have any questions feel free to ask. Read the Garnish Post.

DAY 1 BEGINS

You have until Thursday at 9 pm EST (I am still in Europe after all) to lynch. Coincidentally you also have 3 days until 12 am Friday to make the following two drinks:

100yrsofattitude

Shirley Temple worth 10 points

I chose this partly to show that the beverage choices can fall anywhere across the board and because I have a fondness for grenadine. Funny story, when I was 15 and knew nothing about alcohol I figured that drinks with names were by nature alcoholic. So after a school dance we all went to a Friendly’s and so to impress my date I ordered a ‘virgin Shirley Temple’. I soon learned my mistake:
You will need:

-1 part ginger ale
-1 part Sprite or citrus soda
-Grenadine syrup. I tend to be generous with this but I guess 2 tablespoons would do?

I’m too lazy to buy the cherries because frankly I have no real use for them.

This is very simple. Throw your sodas together in a cup and then add the syrup. If you add the syrup before it’ll stick to the bottom of the drink and won’t mix. Or gently caress it up like I did (simple as it is and add the grenadine last and stir it in with a fork. My girlfriend says "It's good but too sweet for me." I find these pretty refreshing… so perhaps it’s out of season but whatever.

And a special bonus recipe courtesy of Opopanax:

The Swimming Jacob worth 500 points:

1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 Banana
1 raw egg

(My own assumed instructions) Mix it all together either in a blender, best case scenario, or in a saucepan, worst case scenario, and drink that poo poo. You may have to add water to make it sufficiently liquidy. I have no idea I haven't tried and I won't.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If it wasn't for the chili or the egg, opop's drink could be passable.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So we don't get alignments yet? I also think there should be a rule that the mod can't demand us make cocktails they aren't willing to make themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

So we don't get alignments yet? I also think there should be a rule that the mod can't demand us make cocktails they aren't willing to make themselves.

Hahaha I knew i forgot something. Sending alignments toute suite.

• Locked thread