Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

I can't say that I'm not a scrublord this game but I promise I will serve you will for that boon.

Wait, you can make drinks for other people?

Deads can. Punt make drinks for me, I am a good guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I can't say that I'm not a scrublord this game but I promise I will serve you will for that boon.

Wait, you can make drinks for other people?

Well I can get points for the drinks I make and donate the points to whoever I like, I'm not gonna air-freight someone the rum and coke/caipirinha I make.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

I'm not gonna air-freight someone the rum and coke/caipirinha I make.

I guess you're just not as committed to this game as I thought!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

If someone is bothered enough to convince me that they are deserving of it I will go down the road to the off-licence and make both drinks for them. No scums or scrublords pls k'thanx.

I am not a scums or a scrublord and my money situation isn't as improved as I'd like it to be. I think I'll just mix the Wine/Bailey's/Coke/Beer I have at home into different drinks if you don't do it for me. :(

I'm not convinced that Big Nothing is scum because he wouldn't have to force such controversial behavior as scum in a quiet game. Somber doesn't seem to be playing a scum game either and is entirely self-absorbed. Asiina is probably town. CPig isn't playing his blending-in scum game.

EXAKT Science posted:

I am VT but I could understand if people wanted to kill me. I have a drink that makes all the pain of a bad mafia game just melt away.

This post was awkwardly worded and incredibly guarded.

Grandicap posted:

Still happy over voting Opop for this.

A recap of what happened... Opop voted me for a silly reason, a good joke vote.
Punt voted opop pretty poorly for the joke vote on me. Bad reasoning, but whatever.
Then somber voted Punt for the bad joke on opop, first quality vote of the game, found a grain of something worthwhile in a game where nothing happened, at least a starting point for content.

Then Opop comes in and votes somber going with a wordplay joke vote. It instantly stops the game from moving somewhere out of the realm of the joke and sqarely back into it, which then BN comes in and shatters any illusion serious vote and gets the goofy train back on it's laugh track.

This would be a little thick for scum on D1.

MildManeredManikin posted:

I'm guessing the smoothie drinkers cleared out the top of the bar, what was a cherry btw?

This post feels off to me because it's the closest MMM came to talking about the Mafia aspect of the game. All his other posts are very care-free and 'I'm making cocktails'. But then with this post he dips his toe into the game aspect for his first time and it's only to rolefish. The last time we played this game the scum exclusively picked off the most dangerous players. I have no idea why MMM would want this information as a townie this time.

I also immensely dislike your role. For whatever reason the scum thought you are a threat and wanted you out of the game. Being a stump means that they don't get that.

All that said

##vote Exakt Science

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

For the record: This is the only game I looked forward to all year and I'm miserable I'm not adding to it crazy concoctions. I'm not asking for abilities because the written word is so much more useful, I just feel bad I'm not alcoholically invested in the game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

I am not a scums or a scrublord and my money situation isn't as improved as I'd like it to be. I think I'll just mix the Wine/Bailey's/Coke/Beer I have at home into different drinks if you don't do it for me. :(

Ok ernie wins, if you are scum we will become mafia-nemeses but I'll make you the drinks :)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also, I think it's weird that you case me, using a single one-liner post from the beginning of D1, and apparently ignoring the claimpost that I made:

You then shift over to casing MMM over something that resembles content far more than my D1 throwaway softclaim post, with a case that's noticeably more substantial than you case on me. However, at the end of your post, you vote for me over MMM. What gives?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Also, I think it's weird that you case me, using a single one-liner post from the beginning of D1, and apparently ignoring the claimpost that I made:

You then shift over to casing MMM over something that resembles content far more than my D1 throwaway softclaim post, with a case that's noticeably more substantial than you case on me. However, at the end of your post, you vote for me over MMM. What gives?

I think you're both scum. I think what I have on you is a lot worse than what I have on MMM. I just needed more words to explain what exactly rubbed me the wrong way about MMM. You immediately going on the offensive here tells me I'm right. In any given mafia game you're more likely going to be under 'suspicion' from townies than from scumbos. This post you just made is 100% motivated by discrediting me, rather than even attempting to explain yourself. You could have said 'Seriously, a joke post I made? You're ridiculous.' but you didn't.

:(

There, more words.

Puntification posted:

Ok ernie wins, if you are scum we will become mafia-nemeses but I'll make you the drinks :)

:D

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I want to kill exakt science and yet something about his posts tell me he isn't scum

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

I think you're both scum. I think what I have on you is a lot worse than what I have on MMM. I just needed more words to explain what exactly rubbed me the wrong way about MMM. You immediately going on the offensive here tells me I'm right. In any given mafia game you're more likely going to be under 'suspicion' from townies than from scumbos. This post you just made is 100% motivated by discrediting me, rather than even attempting to explain yourself. You could have said 'Seriously, a joke post I made? You're ridiculous.' but you didn't.

:(

There, more words.

Okay this is legit. Incorrect, but legit.

I disagree with you on Big Nothing as well.

Big Nothing posted:

Forgot to check, but was there at least 2 of every garnish?

This reads like rolefishing to me, not quite to the level of MMM's, but still off.

Big Nothing posted:

Yeah that unvote looks super bad doesnt it :v:

I think Somb and Grandi are good guys personally, based on their interactions with Opop before his death. This could be faked though :tinfoil:

Everybody else hasn't really got content to go on. i could say exakt is a bad guy for thinking i am scum, but its a super weak case

Alright, well if you've got a case, :justpost: . Otherwise, this reads like an attempt to look active while continuing to not add real content.

for now, ##vote Big Nothing

Preview Edit: Big Nothing what gives with the flip-flopping on me?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

I want to kill exakt science and yet something about his posts tell me he isn't scum

So NK him. Problem solved.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

1 Rum and Coke.

I couldn't find any fresh limes in the shop so I'm having to wait for one from the freezer to defrost.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
God dammit work why did you have to come in my way. This thread rocks!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Deadline in 2.5, anybody here?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I had some blueberries in the fridge so I made this variant. I didn't pay too close attention and muddled the blueberries but it tastes pretty good.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Im here ##vote EXAKT Science

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Big Nothing posted:

Im here ##vote EXAKT Science

BN why do you want to kill me if you don't think I'm scum?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

The unease about whether you were scum or not was that i think a scum player wouldn't be so focused on getting me lynched. Then you posted a case', that smells like you forced it rather than believe it. Your case on me is loving terrible aswell, even worse than my omgus on you. We could even be entering double omgus territory here

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm glad my stumphood runs out at the deadline, being present but unable to vote is super unfun.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Do you die Punt at deadline or go back to normal?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Big Nothing posted:

Do you die Punt at deadline or go back to normal?

The stumphood from ice only lasts for 1 game day, I'll be permadead once the deadline's reached.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think it'd be pretty funny if the next scum who gets rumbled buys one and spends the next day being as annoying as possible.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Puntification posted:

I think it'd be pretty funny if the next scum who gets rumbled buys one and spends the next day being as annoying as possible.

This is how i got the doctor killed in a previous game. My flip being janitored kinda helped with that :v:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Are we no lynching again?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Hey Grandicap, will you lynch Exakt?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Are we no lynching again?

There's time for cpig, mmm and asiina to turn up and vote yet.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

Okay this is legit. Incorrect, but legit.

I disagree with you on Big Nothing as well.

This reads like rolefishing to me, not quite to the level of MMM's, but still off.

Alright, well if you've got a case, :justpost: . Otherwise, this reads like an attempt to look active while continuing to not add real content.

for now, ##vote Big Nothing

Preview Edit: Big Nothing what gives with the flip-flopping on me?

This is a bad post. Mostly the rolefishing piece. Asking about a publicly piece of info (what the bar started with) is not rolefishing. People's points are mostly public. THis isn't a traditional game, you can't treat roles as such. Sharing information is a good thing.

Scum are the informed minority, we can take some of that power away by informing ourselves. We can do that by being up front with what things do. Unless there is a reason a certain garnish would be super proscum, there is little reason not to share it.

I will vote here if deadline approaches and there is no traction on BN.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Watching netflix for a bit, I will show up before the deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah, that was a bad post, sorry. I am not really on my game right now. I am town, but I would much rather y'all kill me than no-lynching.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote BN

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So... I guess nothing has changed. That is nice.

Thanks for joining us Asiina.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Deadline in 14 minutes, want me to shoot myself?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm here, not that it matters. Got stuck in traffic and came home to find that all the rum was gone. :argh:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you have a vig, use it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well you guys went with another No-Lynch. No one died.

I've sent PM's to those of you with points, let me know if you want to purchase anything. I expect any other night actions in around 24 hours. I'll aim to open the game Wednesday morning, GMT +1.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Day 3

MildManeredManikin, Town Vanilla, Was killed last night!

This means his original drink is now an option:

Mild Mannered Mannikin's Whiskey Cider worth 30 points

Take that fire whisky you bought for Somber's drink and mix it with a can of apple cider, then if you'd like, add a different kind of whisky until it is alcoholic enough for your tastes. I believe he was referencing this: 3 oz. Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey.

We also have a special spectator drink to round off the night:

Atrocious Toaster's Pisco Sour worth 50 points.
The Pisco Sour - I make the peruvian version:

1.5 oz Pisco (a peruvian or chilean brandy)
1.0 oz key lime juice (i get it in bottles from the grocery store)
0.5 oz Simple Syrup
1 egg white
Shake vigoroisly in a cocktail shaker with ice, pour into a glass and top with a few dashes of angostura bitters.

If pisco is hard to come by get creative, why not?

All other recipes are still on the table and can be found using the day links in the thread.

Deadline's Thursday 9 pm eastern, 1 day and 18 hours. It's a bit shy of the 48 hours. I can change it to Saturday 8 am GMT (2 am Eastern) +1 if you kids feel the need for the extra day.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 10, 2014

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ty

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Exakt, are you scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Exakt, are you scum?

Nope. Are you? You aren't posting anywhere near the level or quality of content that I'm used to seeing from your Town game.

• Locked thread