Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lmbo if you think old cars are better than modern cars.

Why yes, I want an old car that is inefficient, loud, uncomfortable, janky, unsafe, and expensive as hell to repair and insure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

New cars:

Efficient
Safe
Look awesome
Fast
Affordable
Comfortable
Don't lose value as quickly
Status symbol
Sexy

Old cars:

Lol I have either too much money and waste it on old-n-busted or I have too little money that I think vehicles are assets.

:qq:B-b-b-b its a CLASSIC.:qq:

Yeah maybe if you dump $50K into it and keep it NOT on blocks in your drive way.

Also, why do folk love old Buick LeSabres and Lincoln Towncars? They are ugly and inefficient, and can't you get a late model Kia Rio or something for the same money and less maintenance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
jesus christ whats wrong with you

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Old cars are cool, you can't beat cool with things like "safety features" and "maths" you pessimistic bitchlord

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
my dad rebuilt a 1970 purple challenger (mdlife crisis), it's pretty cool. there's actually collector car insurance which is pretty cheap. but yea its inefficient and loud as hell

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
my only issue with old cars is all of them didn't embrace front wheel drive superiority in non sports cars.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

thanks nader

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sexy young infidel posted:

jesus christ whats wrong with you

Your favorite car a 1997 Cutlass Supreme? I'm sorry.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
gently caress you, old cars are cool and fun to drive. Here is a picture of my old car. It cost what 3 payments on a new Kia would cost.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
lots of car engines can't go faster than 85 miles and hour because they are still based on engine designs from the 80's when it was illegal to build most cars with the ability to go faster than 85 miles an hour.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
here's a picture of me carpooling to work:

open container
Sep 16, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

lots of car engines can't go faster than 85 miles and hour because they are still based on engine designs from the 80's when it was illegal to build most cars with the ability to go faster than 85 miles an hour.

Is this a thing? I hit 100mph in an '88 Mazda 323 hatchback. I miss that car but also it was terrible.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

cars are terrible, period.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

Is this a thing? I hit 100mph in an '88 Mazda 323 hatchback. I miss that car but also it was terrible.

yeah unless it was classed as a sports car, it couldn't go faster than 85ish, that's why a delorean can only hit 88, for a good example.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
OP is an idiot and a pisspoor troll.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How can you look at that pos buick and be like "yes, this is an effective use of my limited resources ".

Ditch that poo poo, drink some soma, and get a new car.

Spanish Manlove, do you change the oil on that yourself?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

How can you look at that pos buick and be like "yes, this is an effective use of my limited resources ".

Ditch that poo poo, drink some soma, and get a new car.

Spanish Manlove, do you change the oil on that yourself?

yeah it's easy, but not every cost effective any more compared to using jiffy lube coupons and drinking their free coffee

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Lincoln Town Cars (and the Crown Vic and Mercury Grand Marquis) rock because Ford got the Panther chassis right and just kept making it better for 30 years. Now parts are cheap as gently caress and they run for at least 300,000 miles. But have fun with your modern touchscreen infotainment poo poo that will break in 7 years and cost a few grand to replace.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Neptr posted:

Lincoln Town Cars (and the Crown Vic and Mercury Grand Marquis) rock because Ford got the Panther chassis right and just kept making it better for 30 years. Now parts are cheap as gently caress and they run for at least 300,000 miles. But have fun with your modern touchscreen infotainment poo poo that will break in 7 years and cost a few grand to replace.

I will as you run into me with your rust bucket and have your chest cavity explode, and I have a slight bruise from the airbag and modern safety features and crumple zones.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Jastiger posted:

I will as you run into me with your rust bucket and have your chest cavity explode, and I have a slight bruise from the airbag and modern safety features and crumple zones.

my favorite thing is seeing some of the 90's cars that were still built out of thick rear end steel hit new cars with a million plastic parts.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i have a 1997 volvo 960 station wagon and it owns and i almost never have to spend money on it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Spanish Manlove posted:

here's a picture of me carpooling to work:

Few people can pull off those hats or that truck but you managed to do it. Well done.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I like the general aesthetics of 50s and 60s cars a lot, I wish they'd make new cars with the same efficiency and features but with oldschool looks instead of boring minimalism

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
as soon as i make some money, i'm gonna buy a 1986 Pontiac Firebird and fix it up and drive around town in the summer blasting GNR and honking at high school girls.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Neptr posted:

i had a professor who used to just buy decommissioned cop cars off his friend who worked at the department and he would get one, run it for a few years, give it to charity, then get a new car. He said that with his hook up it was cheaper than buying a new car and he enjoyed taking care of the different mechanical fuckups each car had because they were always different.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Lol if you buy a brand new car

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Leroy Diplowski posted:

gently caress you, old cars are cool and fun to drive. Here is a picture of my old car. It cost what 3 payments on a new Kia would cost.

that car is ok but the stupid oldtimy instagram filter makes me want to punch the poo poo out of you

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the best car is the car with an LS1

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Feranon posted:

I like the general aesthetics of 50s and 60s cars a lot, I wish they'd make new cars with the same efficiency and features but with oldschool looks instead of boring minimalism

your dream is reality

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

your dream is reality

2 of those are trucks.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cat Terrist posted:

OP is an idiot and a pisspoor troll.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Old 60s era chevelles are cheap as gently caress to maintain.

I'll remember my car sucks when I'm pulling someone's 2012 something or other out of a snowy ditch.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Op I'm sorry your sothern dad spanked you for ripping his classic car mags

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

safety dont drop them panties son

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

(my panties)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
aces, another thread about what Jastiger hates

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

it's cool that everyone in GBS hates everything, including jokes or fun

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
I like old cars because i have massive masochistic tendencies and i am too afraid of talking to another human being.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Spanish Manlove posted:

Old cars are cool, you can't beat cool with things like "safety features" and "maths" you pessimistic bitchlord

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

open container posted:

your dream is reality

Lol PT Cruiser. Ugliest Car intentionally Designed to be Ugly Award 2014.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I like modern stuff. I get tired of hearing folks talk about how their KICKIN RAD 1987 OLDSMOBILE that they just got for ONLY $800 is so much better than the same priced car that gets more than 15 MPG and doesn't exhume that bad guy from Ferngully every time the engine turns over.

Feranon posted:

No one says you can't staple some tail fins on your new Ford Mustang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
dumb gently caress from iowa has terrible taste in everything

in other news, scientists discover water is wet, pope still catholic

• Locked thread