Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LolitaSama posted:

Can you make it so when someone quotes you its like reddit and a notification appears.

Use the option to bookmark a thread when you post in it and then go to http://forums.somethingawful.com/bookmarkthreads.php. Or the user control panel, which is basically the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
There is a giant head floating around on this page.

e:

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 26, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Maka posted:

literally haven't bothered with any other forum since 2000

Oh yeah, that's a good point. The idea of forums in general may be dying out but I don't think there is a better general purpose forum out there. And I have used other ones like the Microsoft Office support forums and one for RV maintenance but that's just because they come up in google searches for very specific problems. And there's a good chance I could have found my answers in PYF stupid/small questions but my questions were extremely specific and already answered elsewhere.

• Locked thread