Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW
ever since the late 2000s ive been slowly overcome by this pervasive sense that things just aren't....right. I cant tell if I'm projecting my own fears onto everything else, just getting older, or the world is getting slowly worse in a really creepy way. Has anyone else noticed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.
Social Media is soooo creepy

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
yeah, i saw some men in green suits dump some crazy chemical poo poo in the Norfolk water supply to make all people in the city half-chemical

crazy poo poo

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
its because a comet passed close to the earth in 1999 and changed us all forever

Noyemi K posted:

yeah, i saw some men in green suits dump some crazy chemical poo poo in the Norfolk water supply to make all people in the city half-chemical

crazy poo poo

lol you live in norfolk, norfolk sucks.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Fandyien posted:

lol you live in norfolk, norfolk sucks.

I'd rather live in the OK part of Norfolk than the lovely part of Austin (my hometown)

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Sorry Op i've been breaking into your house and subtly rearanging your things

sorry

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

It's just the font change, OP, you'll get used to it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its the recession which is basically the root cause of every major global gently caress up since 2009 or so

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
I'm rich so no the world seems pretty okay to me.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
more like jacklemore :rolleyes:

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010
everything i look at now is like aft a dutch angle but that could be because of the weed

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
Hate to break this to you OP but it sounds like you're growing up

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
i .... cant tell you how happy.,, this makes me to see you . notice things

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

tyhe older i get, the hornier i become..,,

bring me the OP's virgin flesh :twisted:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Now, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has come.
Plant the Naam, the Name of the One Lord.
It is not the season to plant other seeds.
Do not wander lost in doubt and delusion.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
my condolences op but it is apparent to me that you are slowly but surely losing your mind; everything is exactly as it has been. perhaps you'd better sit down?

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

its the recession which is basically the root cause of every major global gently caress up since 2009 or so

Oh, its just that?

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

i must compose posted:

my condolences op but it is apparent to me that you are slowly but surely losing your mind; everything is exactly as it has been. perhaps you'd better sit down?

I'm sitting down now

naem
May 29, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

2009 was a really hosed up year for me, had to completely start from scratch. Haven't fully recovered yet

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
Thanks to the internet you now have to hear about everything that every autistic spazlord does at any moment at any location in the world. You're losing your mind because your brain is being overwhelmed.

Oh and rich people stole all the money so everyone is loving broke and desperate.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
#ThankYouObama

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
i have shrek in my life
its all fine

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

googootiger posted:

I'm sitting down now

now dont stand up too fast or you'll pass out

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

Stalins Moustache posted:

i have shrek in my life
its all fine

There is a time and place for anime

naem
May 29, 2011

Biggie Shorty posted:

Thanks to the internet you now have to hear about everything that every autistic spazlord does at any moment at any location in the world. You're losing your mind because your brain is being overwhelmed.

Oh and rich people stole all the money so everyone is loving broke and desperate.

I think rich people almost lost all the money and then had to shore up their defenses in a panic, and they'll have to start marketing to the middle class again soon if they want long term earnings since that's how an economy works.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
Nope the world is pretty good now it's just that back in 1750 they didn't let girls have tumblrs about feminism so dumb opinions just stayed put mostly

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

sounds like a fun mix of dementia and schizophrenia, op

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
The dark world is slowly merging with the light world and the time-dialation from the warped 4th dimension (time) is causing your perception of reality to twist. Don't worry about it OP, there is nothing we can do.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
It's just the parasitic bacteria in your brain affecting your perception.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
OP can you provide an example?

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

sorry your getting old op :(

the good news is that you can call up your local am news radio station and complain about it

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

the world is getting loving awesome again!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Sancho posted:

the world is getting loving awesome again!

same here :D

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Everyone's a sociopath.

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

You're just old. Start coming to terms with it.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
The world is actually p great. Remember it's not too long ago a Chinese dude convinced people he was the brother of jesus christ and 20 million people died. What's the worst thing going on in the world right now? A lame rear end Caliphate that can't even conquer a bunch of tribal kurds? loving GAY

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Actually the world has always been a rotting hellhole, it's just that the media façade of human progress and justice is crumbling in the context of mass communication. Which is why there is such a push among the wealthy elites to restrict unapproved web content

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I get exactly what you're saying, theres definitely something going on. Something hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

googootiger
Nov 24, 2014

by XyloJW

open container posted:

OP can you provide an example?

I was sitting in Penn station recently waiting to meet up with a friend really bored with nothing to do. Being there for a couple hours I noticed a recorded message plays on repeat about once every five minutes. It's a very stern woman's voice warning passengers that they must have their luggage secured at all times. She goes on to say that luggage may be searched at any time and k-9 units conduct regular walks through the terminal and that you are not permitted to pet them. It ends with, and I poo poo you not, "If you see something, say something. And remember....Stay safe."

Like, its a little thing I suppose, but does that just seem not normal to anyone else? It's something I expect to hear in a campy 80s movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

• Locked thread