Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which is best, Celsius or Fahrenheit?
Celsius is best
I'm an idiot
View Results

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

computer parts posted:

i didn't even learn that

like literally it was completely metric and maybe "1 inch = 2.5 cm", we didn't do anything with mass or energy or anything like that

reminds me, i found out that some extra special engineers tried to develop an imperial unit for electricity that was basically btu-e(lectrical) :lol:

lol if you use anything but cgs for electrical work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Metrication posted:

drat decimal systems are so dumb base 12 is natural to use *estimates distances in tens of feet*

did you know your hands are actually base 11

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you can also encode numbers with your fingers up to 2^10 and I think some ancient central American civilization counted that way

but they're all dead so that just goes to show you don't count in base 2

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

on one hand it being 83° right now sounds kinda nice

on the other it being 28.7° does not

it's actually 83.2° right now

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

i think you may need to blame someone else considering we primarily use mm.dd.yyyy

that's what the extra m is for

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tin Gang posted:

I use metric time. I'll be there in a kilosecond!

ill meet you there in 3 beats

eidt sorry .beats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you should be putting a coat on around 60 degrees just saying

• Locked thread