Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Basically, in one game, the Link you're playing as would be a Gerudo teenaged girl growing up in Gerudo Valley.

For me, this would be pretty great. For one, it gives players a new perspective of the world of Hyrule, and offers the ability for Link to have a different kind of upbringing. Not only that, but it would be a great way to introduce new gameplay and weapons, as Link's physical capabilities and weapon style would be vastly different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In a heartbeat, OP.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Now I'll be disappointed when she isn't.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wormskull posted:

In a heartbeat, OP.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*derails the Games Zelda thread for 20 pages*

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Set Zelda in the middle east and give link a gun

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
50 Rupees: Hearts on the sand

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

never

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want a ganondorf game where power is the answer and courage and wisdom are not

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i want a ganondorf game where power is the answer and courage and wisdom are not

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Basically, in one game, the Link you're playing as would be a Gerudo teenaged girl growing up in Gerudo Valley.

For me, this would be pretty great. For one, it gives players a new perspective of the world of Hyrule, and offers the ability for Link to have a different kind of upbringing. Not only that, but it would be a great way to introduce new gameplay and weapons, as Link's physical capabilities and weapon style would be vastly different.

um you can't start a zelda game in a goddamn desert, so no.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

farsel posted:

um you can't start a zelda game in a goddamn desert, so no.
where do you think the original game started

there was nothing but sand and mountains and like five trees

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I feel like it could be more steampunk, if you tried.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doctor Goat posted:

it was pretty fun for the ten minutes you got to play as ganondorf in hyrule warriors story mode and then it goes straight back to link

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I would if she was gay with Zelda like in my favorite Bioware games.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Power is Power

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I would play a Zelda game where you play as any of the other species, but obvs the one everyone wants is where you're just Zelda saving Link

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

does she (Link as Gerudo girl) have a dick too?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I want a Zelda game where instead of saving the world or Zelda you save yourself from your own personal demons

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

KaptainKrunk posted:

I want a Zelda game where instead of saving the world or Zelda you save yourself from your own personal demons

The Legend of Zelda: Analytical Psychology: Its Theory and Practice

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there are just so many fun ideas with zelda things with the main character just using brute force tools

i'm imagining a lot of boss battles would end in bayonetta style beatdowns

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 25, 2014

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
please mods change this thread tag to neo geo

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
*takes this thread in a funny gross direction*

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

KaptainKrunk posted:

does she (Link as Gerudo girl) have a dick too?

edit:beaten

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

In a heartbeat, OP.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
to be honest, no.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
legend of zelda definitely needs new viewpoints

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I need a game where you play as Impa and its god of war style

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

hyrule warriors can be this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

mabels big day posted:

hyrule warriors can be this

i'm thinking more traditional zelda format though w/ dungeons still designed for link but brute forced by power

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i am a fan of gorgeous brown women, and i support the representation of women in video games so yes OP, I would.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i'm thinking more traditional zelda format though w/ dungeons still designed for link but brute forced by power

Why would you need to collect seven whatevers if you had ultimate power and could just knock down all the walls. Jesus christ.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ristolaz posted:

Why would you need to collect seven whatevers if you had ultimate power and could just knock down all the walls. Jesus christ.

i wouldn't take things that far but i figure the lock puzzles could come to an end when you get the power bracelet. and also it'd let you pick up enemies, empty chests, and other assorted things to throw at other things.

this is one of those things that's spergy to think about but it is also fun to think about

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
alternatively: would she accept my dick

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd be all for Link being a gerudo, personally. Or really just being able to play as anyone other than regular old Link or toon Link in a Zelda game. Hyrule Warriors seems to have been pretty well received, and there's the whole thing from E3, so maybe there's even a chance it will happen.

Ristolaz posted:

Ganondorf is just a hoarder. Don't judge.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 25, 2014

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ristolaz posted:

You wouldn't collect poo poo. You would conquer while link is missing in OoT. It would own.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

they should make a cyberpunk zelda where Link is a link in a webpage and he has to defeat the Gan-ON virus to free the Zelda from a gang of cybercriminals

and, you know, you download more cool hacking tools to get around the network and you have to go into the darknet to do some stuff and the non darknet to do some other stuff and you have a boomerang

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

They should make one where Zelda gets naked when she's an adult.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Doctor Goat posted:

i wouldn't take things that far but i figure the lock puzzles could come to an end when you get the power bracelet. and also it'd let you pick up enemies, empty chests, and other assorted things to throw at other things.

this is one of those things that's spergy to think about but it is also fun to think about

I'd say making power be the dealio would require replacing boss monsters with bunches of small, weak monsters, or else making them obviously weaker and smaller than you. Similarly, a wisdom-focused game would feature purely puzzle-based fights or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Absolutely OP

• Locked thread