Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

You know if they continue with having a new GM in charge every week, they have a good opportunity to make Regal GM on the week they are doing NXT Takeover Our Evolution, by having NXT "Takeover" Raw and have matches with NXT and WWE talent. Probably won't though.

that's a great idea which is why it won't happen lol. realistically I'd love for any excuse to get Regal back in WWE shows, though. fantastic commentary, can still wrestle dudes.

also why the hell hasn't cesaro vs. lesnar been set up, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MinibarMatchman posted:

also why the hell hasn't cesaro vs. lesnar been set up, jesus

Because they don't want to waste tons of money on a match between Brock and a job guy?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IllegallySober posted:

Surprised the crowd didn't notice that being set-up during the main event though. It's not like it could have been well-hidden unless I missed something.

Only the first few rows around that one corner of ringside might have seen it, and even fewer would have recognized it. But I don't follow you here. What was going to happen if the live crowd noticed? Did you think everyone would blow up social media and boo the show out of the building immediately upon seeing a podium at ringside?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 25, 2014

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Edit: I was pretty bewildered by the Rusev segment. Like I know he's not a face, but as a not-American I wasn't sure how to feel about them bullying him with SAY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE drat IT OR ELSE WE'LL BEAT YOU UP

I wonder what that would have looked like if it was 1997 and the Hart Foundation instead of Rusev. (unless that actually happened)

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

sticklefifer posted:

Only the first few rows around that one corner of ringside might have seen it, and even fewer would have recognized it. But I don't follow you here. What was going to happen if the live crowd noticed? Did you think everyone would blow up social media and boo the show out of the building immediately upon seeing a podium at ringside?

The crowd were clearly very surprised by the e-mail alert sound, which they wouldn't have been if they'd seen it set up.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's weird but I think the Adam Rose storyline is the most interesting thing in the WWE to me right now. It's oddly subtle, like Rose just standing there reaching for the tag for way too long after the match is over. And Rose's posse, including the bunny, just sticking with him even though he's falling apart. Such a weird storyline.

I too am enjoying Adam Rose as Slurms McKenzie.

Spikeguy posted:

I liked Raw, but three hours is hard to watch straight. Thankfully I had Dragon Age Inquisition to help me muscle through.

How is that so far? Been steering clear so far because of DA2.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I was in the crowd, on the club level. They brought the podium in during the finish of the match through the corner, under a sheet, and very quickly set it up. Most people did seem to notice it, though the initial reaction was drowned out by the reaction to the match itself. We then gleefully booed Michael Cole as soon as he spoke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

It is a much, much better game than DA2, not that that's hard

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

sticklefifer posted:

No, not at all- just that the groan from the audience seemed rather pronounced and I would have guessed at least some would have been observant to recognize the setup. That's all.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i thoroughly enjoyed raw last night and if you struggle with enjoying raw/watching 3 hours of it, allow me to give you some advice from my main man, Matt Riddle

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Yuriy posted:

i thoroughly enjoyed raw last night and if you struggle with enjoying raw/watching 3 hours of it, allow me to give you some advice from my main man, Matt Riddle

Are you advising us to smoke weed or to beat our kids?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So that's where all those unused Fruit Stripe Gum wrappers went.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sir Jebus posted:

The crowd were clearly very surprised by the e-mail alert sound, which they wouldn't have been if they'd seen it set up.

Being present for this year's rumble, I got to watch Kane awkwardly stumble around the outside of the ring avoiding cameras for the better part of an hour so he could eliminate CM punk, who had been laying in a corner of the ring for the better part of an hour.

They don't really give a poo poo about live crowds.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Raw was alright, loved AJ, Concessions Kane, DB being back and J&J security extraordinaires.

Hated the dead crowd (my biggest pet peeve, if you're bored or angry at least chant something! You paid to sit on your hands in silence, great job) and I think the opening promo went on way too long (25 minutes? Could have easily been 15).

My biggest hate is, yes, now Harper is a cowardly heel who tried to leave with the belt. This goes against his whole character and makes zero sense and is the laziest poo poo imaginable. He's Luke Harper, loving crazy mountain man, he doesn't run from a fight! gently caress me. I mean if he'd gotten the belt, looked at Dean and said "NONONOOONO" (like the opposite of "YEAHYEAHYEAAAHYEAH") I might have been on board.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

he never laid a hand on his kids, you liar

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sprecherscrow posted:

not mutually exclusive.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

On the real though I bet y'all would enjoy Raw a lot more if you didn't read like super whiny comments here during/after and just watched it with some buddies with a few beers/a blunt

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yuriy posted:

If I wanted advice from a fake fighter who beats his family I'd watch Macho Man promos.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Yuriy posted:

On the real though I bet y'all would enjoy Raw a lot more if you didn't read like super whiny comments here during/after and just watched it with some buddies with a few beers/a blunt

Where is the WWE equivalent of TNAMecca? That's what people need if that's what they're after.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Where is the WWE equivalent of TNAMecca? That's what people need if that's what they're after.

I don't think that's the case

TNA sucked both in ring and out of the ring

What's actually on the TV during Raw is pretty dang entertaining, the match quality is way better than a few years ago, they're far more self-aware and willing to laugh at themselves

When you start reading about people getting super mad because their indy-superstar guy isn't being pushed on the internet or like analyzing the booking on a level that not even the bookers do, then you get these super huffy and angry posts and I don't see what the point of getting mad at WWE all the time is, especially when you're gonna keep on watching their shows

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

If I wanted advice from a fake fighter who beats his family I'd watch Macho Man promos.

Matt Riddle knows the difference between a fake fight and a real fight, that's why he's training at Ring of Honor now

And he never laid a hand on his family, this is bullshit and serves as nothing more than slander to a genuinely cool dude

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Matt Riddle knows the difference between a fake fight and a real fight, that's why he's training at Ring of Honor now

And he never laid a hand on his family, this is bullshit and serves as nothing more than slander to a genuinely cool dude

I'm not surprised you like a family beater.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I too am enjoying Adam Rose as Slurms McKenzie.

It's very good and actively goes out of its way to be better in almost every regard. Not only that, but characters will talk about how loving crazy everyone was from that game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuriy posted:

nah i dont even read the live threads and raw is still pretty boring for me

it goes on way too long and the commentary's god-awful

some decent matches happen and there's an okay joke or two but it's still not enjoyable for me

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Cultlife posted:

Not so much the move set, but some of her recent promos have sounded just like Punk in phrasing, rhythm and intonation.

I've always thought she was doing a heel Trish impression.

People actually watching three entire hours of RAW with commercials every week have to be masochists. It's about one-third commercials, and skipping past Diva's matches, replays, Guest Host segments, and anything involving Adam Rose or Fandango brings it in to a reasonable amount of time.

Funny since I'm now watching mid-90's Nitros and not feeling compelled to skip anything.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

triplexpac posted:

/r/squaredcircle?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Generico posted:

People actually watching three entire hours of RAW with commercials every week have to be masochists. It's about one-third commercials, and skipping past Diva's matches, replays, Guest Host segments, and anything involving Adam Rose or Fandango brings it in to a reasonable amount of time.
see my thing is if im constantly hovering over a video task bar/the fast forward button going 'don't wanna watch this, don't wanna watch this, don't wanna watch this' i'd much rather watch something that i can just sit down and watch without having to skip around

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Raw was fun last night but three hours will always be a slog especially when the PPV on Sunday was basically a Raw with a great main event

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yuriy posted:

But weed makes me tired and I always fall asleep by the middle of the third hour. What now?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

bradzilla posted:

But weed makes me tired and I always fall asleep by the middle of the third hour. What now?

Get weed with less indica and more sativa in it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I had fun watching this week's RAW and fun posting about it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

bradzilla posted:

you take a nap and miss a gently caress finish, sounds like a p good end to a night

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm not surprised you like a family beater.

normally i'd post something like "are you retarded?" but since it's you, gently caress off with this poo poo

he literally cracked a joke about how "without weed, i'd probably beat my kids" that psp-mma likes to joke about, you know nothing about matt riddle, mma, or "jokes" apparently

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Endorph posted:

nah i dont even read the live threads and raw is still pretty boring for me

it goes on way too long and the commentary's god-awful

some decent matches happen and there's an okay joke or two but it's still not enjoyable for me

that's fair, maybe it's not the wrestling for you but i also don't see you posting constantly about how much you hate it so props for that

fatherdog posted:

I had fun watching this week's RAW and fun posting about it.

yea, i posted in the gdt this week, had fun with the whole show but i like the product so whatevs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Has there been any word as to whether last night was a one-off for Daniel Bryan or if he's actually back? Testing to see if he's still over maybe before the real return at the Rumble?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wrestling is my only high

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Get this: Raw and Smackdown are the only TV I watch all week and I watch all three hours without skipping because I enjoy my time watching the wrestlemen

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Wrestling is my only high

Several consecutive german suplexes are my anti-drug

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

When the anonymous RAW gm was originally a thing, that is when I was on break from watching wrestling, how good/bad was that stuff back in the day?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Evil Canadian posted:

When the anonymous RAW gm was originally a thing, that is when I was on break from watching wrestling, how good/bad was that stuff back in the day?

Started off good, then got run into the ground (it seriously went for like thirteen months) until they said "gently caress it, it's Hornswoggle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Evil Canadian posted:

It was fun when they teased it being someone big every week. One time he's day "And that's the bottom line cause the Anonymous GM said so" or something. Then he'd say "Everybody has a price". All these teases leading up to finally the big reveal of Hornswoggle.

It's one of those storylines that you ended up feeling insulted that you actually spent time getting invested and curious about it.

• Locked thread