Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
:aaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q

Dont like the cast though :shrug:

e: full trailer is in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

is this a trailer for a trailer? wtf?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Just remembered how awesome the theme is, John Williams really knew what he was doing.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

gently caress it lets just remake jurassic park, we're totally out of ideas

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Jurassic world and Star Wars trailers this week wow whoa

newbinator
Nov 14, 2014

Get your shit together, and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere. You know? Take it to the shit store and sell it. Or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your shit together.
i'm sure it will lack any sort of engaging story line or substance just like all new remakes. it will be a great big, glossy, green screened piece of poo.

im pooping! posted:

Just remembered how awesome the theme is, John Williams really knew what he was doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-f9bpMpddA

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SaltLick posted:

Jurassic world and Star Wars trailers this week wow whoa

Keep punting that feeling of aging and obsolescence Milennials and Gen X and maybe we'll be the first generations to successfully stave off the ravages of time oh wait no we're just going to wallow in misplaced nostalgia like pigs in poo poo

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I wish jeff goldblum could be in it

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
salt the earth

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

the black husserl posted:

gently caress it lets just remake jurassic park, we're totally out of ideas

The old teaser trailer subtly riffed on that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_5ELoGIhc

"For years, we've tried to bring back to life something ... unique."

Edit: gently caress, I knew I recognised that Liopleurodon from somewhere, looks like this is a fake teaser cobbled together from random dinosaur footage.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 25, 2014

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Chris Pratt makes everything better.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Chris Pratt makes everything better.

You make everything better

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
All of the Jurassic Park movies are watchable. This is more than can be said for most sci-fi.

The older I get, the less I like the kids in the films.

They have yet to steal the plot from Jaws and Deep Blue Sea by having a Jurassic Park movie about marine dinosaurs. I don't know why... Deep Blue Sea kicked butt.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Suicide Sam E. posted:

All of the Jurassic Park movies are watchable. This is more than can be said for most sci-fi.

The older I get, the less I like the kids in the films.

They have yet to steal the plot from Jaws and Deep Blue Sea by having a Jurassic Park movie about marine dinosaurs. I don't know why... Deep Blue Sea kicked butt.

The SyFy channel made like a hundred of these movies.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

FogHelmut posted:

The SyFy channel made like a hundred of these movies.

I also like a lot of the SciFi originals. I stopped watching it once it became SyFy. In part because I am a man of principle. Mainly because I don't have cable and a debilitating illness anymore.

Off the top of my head, all I can recall was one where a hapless band of friends go to an island. One of the girls is trying to figure out what happened to her uncle whom was working on a killer robot.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

im pooping! posted:

no doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I have an irrational fear of dinosaurs.....this is going to be excellent

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i preferred chris pratt when he was chubby

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMlJvq8oRVA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
-
But I remember everything

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

im pooping! posted:

Singing at 1m32s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90FVqM6TRvU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

How does the original Jurassic Park still look better than any effects shot ever made in these lovely comic book movies.

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvz9vk_XWA

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Cyra posted:

I wish jeff goldblum could be in it

he's not? gently caress

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

exquisite tea posted:

How does the original Jurassic Park still look better than any effects shot ever made in these lovely comic book movies.

spielberg's illuminati secret cabal made actual dinosaurs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

a worthy uhh posted:

it's probably easy to make a 12-foot tall lizard move convincingly when you are one

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

they used real dinosaurs

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

a worthy uhh posted:

poo poo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

yeah eat poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

unlike modern movies they used some actual props instead of rendering everything on an xbox

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Rutibex posted:

unlike modern movies they used some actual props instead of rendering everything on an xbox

Why pay for a film location AND build a set AND build animatronics/costumes AND provide housing and food for your crew at these locations when you can just stay home, go to a studio and have your actors flail around a green screen for a couple hours and make it a early night. Have your interns fire up flash and complete the movie for you.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

See also: the shark in Jaws looked more realistic than the shark in Deep Blue Sea (released 24 years apart).

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

the animatronic dinosaurs look awesome but the CGI ones actually look like total poo poo. thankfully they limited the number of those shots in the original movie

but jurassic park is still mainly responsible for the rise of CGI effects in movies and for that it can never be forgiven

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Y'all are high or something.

The shark mock ups used in Jaws all looked like crap. Even their best one which they used for close-ups. Having watched both Jaws and Deep Blue Sea recently this is irrefutable.

And while the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park looked pretty cool, the T-Rex chase scene is pretty blocky stop-motion. (Although not at the lower level of crumminess of Terminator when the terminator is lurching out of that fire.) As out-dated as the first Jurassic Park is, you cannot compare the lovely shark from Jaws to anything in it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lauren lapkus is in this hubba hubba

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

chris pratt is a dream boat

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

here's the trailer. it looks like something i would have dreamt up playing with dinosaur toys as a kid. chris pratt uses a trained pack of raptors to hunt down a t-rex/raptor hybrid thing that the make for reasons.

edit: it looks like they got rid of the stupid feathers on the raptors at least.

Grin and Tonic fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 25, 2014

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
This looks like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cnut the Great posted:

the animatronic dinosaurs look awesome but the CGI ones actually look like total poo poo. thankfully they limited the number of those shots in the original movie

but jurassic park is still mainly responsible for the rise of CGI effects in movies and for that it can never be forgiven

actually, the cgi t-rex looks loving badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1koa2xAxCAw&t=1m59s

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 25, 2014

• Locked thread