Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

The line about how "now we can make genetically modified dinosaurs!" or whatever doesn't make much sense. It's like the writers didn't pay any attention to the first movie (or book), they were GMOs from the start using frog DNA to fill in the gaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So they go BD Wong back but not loving Newman? What else does he have going on? Cash in before the diabetes gets you, buddy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This movie will be Rocky. The T.Rex will be Rocky, the Spinosaurus who defeated Rocky in the previous movie will get killed by the Super Russian Dinosaur, and then Rocky the T.Rex will be the underdog hero who saves the day by killing the Super Russian Dinosaur.

Also there are domesticated raptors this movie is going to be great. You smelly cynics.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
"Depends"
"On what?"
"On what kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab."

Sounded dumb. I hoped he would come with a cool reply, but he's just stating the fact.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I really welcome the inevitable slide Hollywood has been making towards full on stupid. I mean this unironically. The stupidest movies are the most entertaining.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The Phanerozoic Eon is overrated. When are we going to see Siderian Park?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hahaha this movie is going to suck balls.

i'll catch it on netflix.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

So they go BD Wong back but not loving Newman? What else does he have going on? Cash in before the diabetes gets you, buddy.

The big bad dinosaur was created with Newman's DNA (spoiler alert)

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I hope they at least mounted a head laser on it

The Taint Reaper posted:

So here's the big spoiler

New genetic Dinosaur was originally made as a way to harvest brain tissue for brain diseases. Research guy working on the project is jaded as hell because he used to work on a similar project that was shut down because there was esthetics the project violated that killed humans in the process. Research guy's wife died some time ago and it shows that he previously tried to hijack the shut down project in secret as a way of cloning and resurrecting the brain of his dead wife. So he tried to do the same thing with Dinosaur project since they had similar facilities only his cloned brain cells get mixed up with the other genetic poo poo intended for the dinosaur project. So the outcome is brand new Dinosaur thing creature has human intelligence and memories of dead wife and goes all mental because there's conflicts when you give a large predatory animal a conscience. It's literally Mister Freeze crossed with Evangelion but with dinosaurs. Being that it's Legendary Pictures they're going to do the same thing they did with Godzilla and build up to the big reveal and not show you the dinosaur which looks nothing all that different from a regular dinosaur

This is Deep Blue Sea

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Zeike posted:

This is Deep Blue Sea

quote:

Deep Blue Sea is a 1999 science fiction horror film that stars ... Samuel L. Jackson.

Imagine if SLJ said his epic quote-- about dinosaurs! Oh so win.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
I want to see the hosed up version that got canned for being too horrific

human/dinosaur hybrids gone horribly wrong

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-10/10/jurassic-4-mutated-dinosaur-art

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Dolphin posted:

hahaha this movie is going to suck balls.

i'll catch it on netflix.

I dunno, it's going to be in 3D so that could either make it really awesome to see on a giant screen or not.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'll take any chance to post this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJelEXaPhJ8

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

So here's the big spoiler

New genetic Dinosaur was originally made as a way to harvest brain tissue for brain diseases. Research guy working on the project is jaded as hell because he used to work on a similar project that was shut down because there was esthetics the project violated that killed humans in the process. Research guy's wife died some time ago and it shows that he previously tried to hijack the shut down project in secret as a way of cloning and resurrecting the brain of his dead wife. So he tried to do the same thing with Dinosaur project since they had similar facilities only his cloned brain cells get mixed up with the other genetic poo poo intended for the dinosaur project. So the outcome is brand new Dinosaur thing creature has human intelligence and memories of dead wife and goes all mental because there's conflicts when you give a large predatory animal a conscience. It's literally Mister Freeze crossed with Evangelion but with dinosaurs. Being that it's Legendary Pictures they're going to do the same thing they did with Godzilla and build up to the big reveal and not show you the dinosaur which looks nothing all that different from a regular dinosaur

And then just as they're nearly to the chopper the dinosaur closes in on them and he has to appeal to the dinosaur's emotions to get it to remember its past life and then it does and it fights off the other dinosaurs giving them enough time to escape before the park is carpet bombed to oblivion. The end I just saved you twenty bucks and three hours.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
At some point someone is going to say "clever girl" in response to something the retarded superdino does and then the audience is supposed to go "ooh he said the thing the other guy said in the other movie that's so clever" except IT'S NOT.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

circ dick soleil posted:

And then just as they're nearly to the chopper the dinosaur closes in on them and he has to appeal to the dinosaur's emotions to get it to remember its past life and then it does and it fights off the other dinosaurs giving them enough time to escape before the park is carpet bombed to oblivion. The end I just saved you twenty bucks and three hours.

No it actually just commits suicide, the moral is you really can't bring back the dead.

You need to stop being so jaded on a movie that has some decent people behind it who's goal is to make it enjoyable.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
this looks like utter poo poo and the computer EVERYTHING (park gate, super bubble orb thing, yacht, dinosaurs) is really terrible

but internet nerds will be all over it because of nostalgis and Chris Pratt and so it'll make tons of money then they'll keep making more trash like this and those same internet nerds will post on reddit about how modern cinema sucks as if they aren't 100% of the problem

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

No it actually just commits suicide, the moral is you really can't bring back the dead.

If that were true then this movie wouldn't exist.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

this looks like utter poo poo and the computer EVERYTHING (park gate, super bubble orb thing, yacht, dinosaurs) is really terrible

Yeah the effects are unfinished, they're not yet matched into the scene. The Geospheres however are not CGI and are real.

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Senjuro posted:

This looks like poo poo.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah the effects are unfinished, they're not yet matched into the scene. The Geospheres however are not CGI and are real.

They look like they would hurt your bum a lot.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They had to rush this trailer because the Star Wars Episode 7 one is hitting Friday.

Star Wars and Jurassic park in the same year.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

and the dinosaurs dont even have feathers WTF

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

numberoneposter posted:

and the dinosaurs dont even have feathers WTF

Triceratops did not have feathers to begin with, neither did Stegosaurus.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I haven't seen the trailer yet because I'm still under the delusion that if I pretend this all isn't happening then it isn't happening.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
People who really love the "90s kid" identity will flock to see this garbage

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its a shame that even if this movie and the new star wars movie are great that the echo chamber of the internet will already have so many people hating these films before they even come out :smith:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mr.capps posted:

Its a shame that even if this movie and the new star wars movie are great that the echo chamber of the internet will already have so many people hating these films before they even come out :smith:
only movies like leprechaun and friday the 13th get better when they hit their 4th or 5th sequel

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People hating on CGI don't realize that even movies like Fury had a shitload of CGI artists just to touch up the background and everything else. Yeah the big set pieces were made, but even those big set piece scenes used CGI for a ton of things that were not action oriented.

gently caress people think that game of Thrones is all practical effects on traditional sets when in every shot there's green screen.

CGI is not going to ever be diminished for movies, it's way too useful a tool. You've probably seen stuff like romantic comedies which also use a shitload of CGI because people are not going to be building full sets.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I know I'm in the minority, but drat do I wish that they had just made a gritty, R-rated version that was more faithful/ a scene by scene remake of the original book, set in the early 80's and everything.

Jeff Goldblum feverishly ranting for 50% of the movie, Muldoon drunk as poo poo running around with his #1 Pal Gerrano and their rocket launcher, Hammond falling down and being eaten to death, etc.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

People hating on CGI don't realize that even movies like Fury had a shitload of CGI artists just to touch up the background and everything else. Yeah the big set pieces were made, but even those big set piece scenes used CGI for a ton of things that were not action oriented.

gently caress people think that game of Thrones is all practical effects on traditional sets when in every shot there's green screen.

CGI is not going to ever be diminished for movies, it's way too useful a tool. You've probably seen stuff like romantic comedies which also use a shitload of CGI because people are not going to be building full sets.

I don't hate on CGI and I think it's very useful for many things and I know it's used in thousands of ways that no one ever notices but that's not the CGI people hate. People hate the CGI that replaces practical effects but doesn't look as good. Okay cool it'll get touched up in post production, sure, but that's not the product they've just released to the masses. AHh yeah guys i know this is poo poo but dont worry itll be good eventually promise

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Did Chris Pratt have a sword at the end of the trailer? That had to be a sword. With a raptor pack no less.

I think this movie is gonna be real bad, but it might be stupid enough to be fun to watch.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
those are some seriously 2002 looking cgi dinosaurs

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Chris Pratt should have a full frontal sex scene in this movie. With a dinosaur.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

the Chris Pratt thing is getting tiresome too. He's turning into the male version of Jennifer Lawrence where they're nice, down-to-earth people but the fanboyism actually makes them a little bit repulsive because every time he's on screen anywhere someone is like CHRIS loving PRATT or BERT FUCKIN MACKLIN

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't hate cgi. I hate cheap, obvious looking cgi. If you can make it look real with cgi that's great but if you can't then use practical effects. I hate when movies try to pass off terrible cgi because they were too cheap and lazy to do it practically & touch it up in post.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

the Chris Pratt thing is getting tiresome too. He's turning into the male version of Jennifer Lawrence where they're nice, down-to-earth people but the fanboyism actually makes them a little bit repulsive because every time he's on screen anywhere someone is like CHRIS loving PRATT or BERT FUCKIN MACKLIN

you are just now discovering hollywood stars?

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Viridiant posted:

I'll watch this.

I just wish Jeff Goldblum was in it being a weirdo.

Goldblum was careful and he made himself the best job in showbiz that a non-white Jack Nicholson could get.

The Merkinman posted:

The original was the dangers of the entire island. Yes there were raptors, but also the T-Rex. Nedry got killed by a dilophosaurus. Hell, there was a whole scene about climbing over the electric fence.
This one seems too focused on a single dinosaur.

This is what made the third movie suck so hard... which is a shame because it had a lot more going for it than the plot of the second movie.

No one care about some super dinosaur. An awesome Godzilla movie came out recently. And Pacific Rim has some very good moments. And there's a whole Countdown to Extinction ride at Disney World with some kind of super dinosaur.

I have 0 interest in velociraptors. Velociraptors are the choice of a trendy kid from the 90s (and doctor Grant who is allowed to like them because of how much he hates children). Also, would it kill them to have a stegosaur or even just an ankylosaurus wrecking some poo poo up? Give me a bunch of my favorite dinosaurs running amok, you Hollywood idiots. Also, have some hilarious throw-away scenes in your movies to make them great. Like a fishing trawler where a bunch of Scottish guys see a log in the waves near the island and argue about whether or not it is a dinosaur. Then a plesiosaur shows up behind them and the scene cuts out as it seems to attack them over the railing. See? I could write better than them off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I don't hate cgi. I hate cheap, obvious looking cgi. If you can make it look real with cgi that's great but if you can't then use practical effects. I hate when movies try to pass off terrible cgi because they were too cheap and lazy to do it practically & touch it up in post.

Making Dinosaurs with animatronics would be way more costly than doing the CGI route. Not only that there's no guarantee they won't stick out either. I mean watch Walking with Dinosaurs and it's pretty obvious when they use puppets, or hell the biggest offender is still Terra Nova.

Bad animatronics stick out like a sore thumb just as much. And the people who paint the animatronics also do CGI texturing because it's literally the same skill set.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 25, 2014

• Locked thread