Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It's going to be a horrible laugher, like literally every single GAME OF THE CENTURY turns out to be, Tom Brady is going tomorrow three interceptions, one of which will have first bounced off his receivers hands, and Green Bay will win 17-10.

I would be down for a no score dumpster fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, on one hand, I want to believe we are a juggernaut division who all pathetic mortals must fear

On the other hand, we are playing the AFC and NFC South this season.
I wish the Bengals weren't in the AFC North.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

So pumped for the Mark Sanchez Thanksgiving Extravaganza and so should you

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Febreeze posted:

Also 10am football owns bones

If you don't appreciate breakfast and some coffee with whiskey with your football gtfo, 10am games are the best.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Dirt Worshipper posted:

If you don't appreciate breakfast and some coffee with whiskey with your football gtfo, 10am games are the best.

I moved out west and for like 3 weeks I thought getting up at a reasonable time for football after late saturdays was bullshit, but holy poo poo, it actually owns, plus football is over by 9pm. West Coast Football Best Coast Football.

Back on the east this week and im just angry at 1pm-12am football

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

So whose career is more salvagable, Cam Newton's or RG3's? Both look awful awful awful but at least in Newton's case, Carolina took his three starting receivers away and replaced them with two replacement level starters and a rookie, and DeAngelo Williams is as old and brittle as tree bark. Neither has been the most durable but at least Newton has the more ideal frame? Watching RG3 on Sunday, he looked like Blaine Gabbert, seeing invisible pass rushers, escaping clean pockets, hurrying panic throws, wildly missing his receivers. Meanwhile Newton's game against Philly was almost Josh Freeman-in-Minnesota-esque. For disclosure I didn't watch much of Newton against Atlanta but I know he got a lot of his production in the 4th quarter, which was also the case against Philly.

The statlines:

RG3: 7.3 YPA, 69.7 COMP%, 174 YPG, 1.7 TD% ( :eyepop: ), 2.5 INT%, 85.7 RAT
Cam: 7.2 YPA, 58.6 COMP%, 239 YPG, 3.6 TD%, 3.0 INT%, 80.3 RAT

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Borsche69 posted:

Steve Smith vs. NFC South Teams (4 games)

19 catches 405yd 4TD

Steve Smith vs. Everyone Else (7 games)

34 catches 412yd 1TD

:lol:

I'm going over to my girlfriend's parents house for thanksgiving. I've met them once. They don't watch much NFL, but will have the games on so they're going to get to watch me get grumpier and grumpier as the day goes on and Dallas finds new ways to frustrate me. I hope with all my heart that they just steamroll the eagles, but I know in reality it's going be either an embarrassing blowout loss or a nailbiter to the end with week 17 being the opposite.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

You have to take into account the absolute horror of an O Line Cam Newton is playing behind. I think if you stick him behind a league average line he'd be just fine, maybe even great.

RG3 on the other hand got thrown to the wolves and killed by the Shanahans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cam's more salvageable just because they can fix the offensive personnel issues and he'll get healthy with rest.

I don't think anyone expects Washington to make the right decisions and moves to fix that mess.

In two-three years could RG3 be on another team and kicking rear end? Sure, but I'd lay money against that happening in Washington.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ostentatious posted:

You have to take into account the absolute horror of an O Line Cam Newton is playing behind. I think if you stick him behind a league average line he'd be just fine, maybe even great.

RG3 on the other hand got thrown to the wolves and killed by the Shanahans.

RG3's offensive line isn't exactly great either, in fact it's pretty garbage. But I think Cam is still way more salvageable. He's playing behind a terrible line, has 1 good receiver, and is playing hurt. He's also got a defensive mind for a coach and nothing worthwhile at OC, and he's less broken mentally than RG3 I think at this point. RG3 looks like his brain is shattered. Cam can definitely improve the mental aspect if they fix everything around him, I don't think RG3 can anymore.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hahaha oh christ, Jets are playing MNF. Make it stop, make it stoppppppp :suicide:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

I moved out west and for like 3 weeks I thought getting up at a reasonable time for football after late saturdays was bullshit, but holy poo poo, it actually owns, plus football is over by 9pm. West Coast Football Best Coast Football.

Back on the east this week and im just angry at 1pm-12am football

10 am football blows

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Starting MNF at 5:30 sucks a lot

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tanier: Jets quarterbacks have completed 11-of-54 passes labeled as "deep" in the play by play. WITH NINE INTERCEPTIONS.

Sorry Jets bros. That is just, oof.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kalli posted:

Tanier: Jets quarterbacks have completed 11-of-54 passes labeled as "deep" in the play by play. WITH NINE INTERCEPTIONS.

That is hilariously bad

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Did most of those come against the Raiders? I've tried to block that game out of my memory.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

Starting MNF at 5:30 sucks a lot

Eh, sometimes it is a little hard getting home in time, but that's life.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I believe NFL's cutoff for 'deep' pass is 15 yards in the air.

Because I just looked up 20+ yard passes for Geno and Vick:

Vick: 2/14, 1 TD, 0 ints
Geno: 2/20, 1 TD, 6 ints

So if that's right, they're still combining for 7/20 with 3 ints on 15-19 yard passes.

Here's some other guys who popped into my head for 20+ yard passes:

Blake Bortles: 6/27, 2 TDs, 4 ints
Alex Smith: 1/9, 2 ints. Oh stereotypes rooted in truth.
Brian Hoyer: 23/47, 3 TDs, 1 int :stare:
Ryan Fitzpatrick: 11/25, 4 TDs, 2 ints
Colin Kaepernick: 12/42, 3 TDs, 2 ints
Derek Carr: 10/33, 2 TDs, 1 int
Teddy Bridgewater: 8/28, 2 TDs, 2 ints

Woah Brian Hoyer's slinging it.

coco bryce
Jun 23, 2007
I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness.
Are you ready for some football? That's right, it's the showdown you've been waiting for since 2012, when Andrew "Play Action" Luck and Robert "First Down" Griffin were taken with the top two picks of the draft. Which of these two precocious passers will come home with the hardware? Tune in at 1ET to find out.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

coco bryce posted:

Are you ready for some football? That's right, it's the showdown you've been waiting for since 2012, when Andrew "Play Action" Luck and Robert "First Down" Griffin were taken with the top two picks of the draft. Which of these two precocious passers will come home with the hardware? Tune in at 1ET to find out.
That's going to be a really sad game. Remember when people thought RG3 might end up as a better QB than Luck?

Poor Robert :smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears comeback streak starts now(well two weeks ago).

They win out, and are 10-6, with a Tiebreaker over the Lions and a solid NFC W/L record.

Here come the playoffs baby.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

Also 10am football owns bones

Correct.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

10 am football blows

Incorrect

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
10 AM football is as God intended.

If they keep going to London gently caress that I had to get up at 6 AM to watch two teams retard slap each other.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
gently caress 10am football, give me football from 1pm to midnight

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

waking up before noon is absolute bullshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wheez the roux posted:

waking up before noon is absolute bullshit

It rules on Saturday. lovely big 10 games at 9am, all the way to a Hawaii nightcap at like 11pm

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

It rules on Saturday. lovely big 10 games at 9am, all the way to a Hawaii nightcap at like 11pm

with college football its fine because i generally ignore the early games unless wazzu is playing. i'd still rather be watching games i care about 3-4 hours later than on the west coast

gently caress waking up at 9am to watch the hawks though, i go back to bed after that poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

quote:

#Jets QB rating on deep passes is 33.3. The QB rating if you just drop back and throw incomplete passes over and over is 39.6

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ostentatious posted:

So pumped for the Mark Sanchez Thanksgiving Extravaganza and so should you

I realize the Eagles are more than Mark Sanchez, and the rest of the team has a lot of talent on it, but I'm still gonna be miffed if the Cowboys lose to Mark "The Buttfumble" Sanchez.:argh:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

Bears comeback streak starts now(well two weeks ago).

They win out, and are 10-6, with a Tiebreaker over the Lions and a solid NFC W/L record.

Here come the playoffs baby.

You poor fool, they're gonna go 9-7 and miss the playoffs by a game

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's two really good games that are going to be on Thanksgiving. Lions / Bears might be good if the Bears make it competitive, but I'm really looking forward to Eagles / Cowboys and then my blood pressure will spike for the Hawks / 9ers game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

You poor fool, they're gonna go 9-7 and miss the playoffs by a game

I know, and that one loss is going to be against the Vikings at the end of the year after everything else cuts the Bears way to get into the playoffs.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

seiferguy posted:

There's two really good games that are going to be on Thanksgiving. Lions / Bears might be good if the Bears make it competitive, but I'm really looking forward to Eagles / Cowboys and then my blood pressure will spike for the Hawks / 9ers game.

I'm so bummed. I thought I was going to go hang out with Mexican family that doesn't give a poo poo about thanksgiving, so I'd be able to watch the game. Now I'm stuck with the white ones who do give a poo poo. I'm still going to watch all the games, it just won't be as cool.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Gonna be at JerryWorld rocking my ugly Cowboys sweater this Thursday :getin:

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

That's going to be a really sad game. Remember when people thought RG3 might end up as a better QB than Luck?

Poor Robert :smith:

People also thought Ryan Leaf was gonna be big time.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

he is though

a big time gently caress up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Best part about west coast football is you don't have to wait all day for Sunday night.

That and you get up at a reasonable hour like an adult, get your coffee together, start watching pre-game and kickoff is at 10. Also there's NFL stuff to follow during tailgating.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

Woah Brian Hoyer's slinging it.

Which is why I get annoyed when sports writers call him a game manager.

Judd Crandall
Jan 23, 2005

Bust a move all over your face!
N: The Raidaaaahs gave Eric Berry cancer

V: Not at all a surprising thing to read or write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

• Locked thread