Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

10 AM football is as God intended.

If they keep going to London gently caress that I had to get up at 6 AM to watch two teams retard slap each other.

When you get up at 4am to watch Mike Shula and Ron Rivera throw away a game against the falcons on a motherfucking monday then you can complain.

seiferguy posted:

There's two really good games that are going to be on Thanksgiving. Lions / Bears might be good if the Bears make it competitive, but I'm really looking forward to Eagles / Cowboys and then my blood pressure will spike for the Hawks / 9ers game.

What are the chances the script gets flipped and Cowboys Eagles ends up some 13 to 9 defensive bullshit and 49ers / Hawks ends up 35 to 31 shootout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
“That was the most amazing play I’ve ever seen on a football field,” said eight-year veteran Joe Thomas. “It was like David vs. Goliath. It was the greatest kick returner of all-time versus slow, fat, left guard, rookie.”:allears:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Owns

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
News: A press conference as mandated by the league.

Views: What a couple of jerks. The league is doin their very best and is run by some great people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLbv4_TpsL8

Schwack fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 25, 2014

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
N: Texans' J.J. Watt has pizza delivered to Houston police officers

V: timing

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Flacco is a dick and likes to make fun of how tiny Forsett is

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Hmmm, interesting. Didn't think you could find a sack in a Papa Johns.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
N: Broncos signed kicker Connor Barth.

V: adios McManus! :byewhore:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Schwack posted:

Views: What a couple of jerks. The league is doin their very best and is run by some great people.

this needs to be embedded because this poo poo is the best goddamn presser i've seen in gently caress knows how long

tl;dr - suck my dick, goodell *drops mic*

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Fined $100,000.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I don't think this has been posted. Some light reading for Tuesday.

The 15 Worst Owners in Sports

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

worth every god drat penny

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Homestar Runner posted:

N: Broncos signed kicker Connor Barth.

V: adios McManus! :byewhore:

Why did they cut Prater again

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Horseface is cheap

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
boy look at that JJ Watt

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Cost. Guy got suspended, new kicker was working, saves a million on the cap they could spend on a real player.

Oops, new kicker sucks now. Whoops.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Jerry Jones shouldn't be anywhere near that list, and it's stupid how they write off the Herschel Walker trade as just good luck while admonish him for not taking Randy Moss, which most teams in the league didn't do.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kalli posted:

Cost. Guy got suspended, new kicker was working, saves a million on the cap they could spend on a real player.

Oops, new kicker sucks now. Whoops.
Another kicker who sucks is Matt Prater.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Hahah it kinda owns not seeing our owner on there

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Blitz7x posted:

It's not called the "15 Worst Haircuts in Sports" list.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Hell, I don't even know if he'd make a 'worst owners who were kids of ridiculously cool owners' list.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Dirt Worshipper posted:

How the gently caress is Jimmy Haslam ahead of Mike Brown?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I would have appreciated it if he would have sucked more while he was with Denver.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think this was posted in the sportswriting thread in SAS, but belongs here as well (if I missed it sorry) about Priest Holmes' life after football by Joe Posnanski: http://sportsworld.nbcsports.com/priest-holmes-real-life-or-fantasy/

quote:

Priest Holmes talks to himself while he waits. Talks to himself. “Come on arms,” he whispers to his arms. “I’m bigger than this injury,” he says to his mind. “I’m stronger than what’s happening to me,” he says to his body. When the feeling comes back, it comes slowly, a few centimeters of life prickling at a time, and once all feeling returns he gingerly gets out of bed. There is no more sleeping this night.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wheez the roux posted:

this needs to be embedded because this poo poo is the best goddamn presser i've seen in gently caress knows how long

I can see why people keep joking that I am Richard Sherman. :stonk:

Sounds pretty hypocritical.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

This severely owns

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

This soothes me

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

wheez the roux posted:

N: Speaking of dudes who shouldn't talk to the media, Riley Cooper said a dumb thing

V: Racism is bad

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

SIGN ANDREW FURNEY

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

This severely owns

ESPN was melting down over it, it's just so gosh-darn disrespectful and immature that classless hoodlum!! and predicting either a gigantic fine ($100k+) and even brought up suspension lmao

if the NFL suspends him even a quarter for this that will back fire so goddamn hard right. right now is the perfect timing to do this while the league's credibility is still in the toilet

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Jerrah might be one of the worst 15 GMs but he surely isn't one of the 15 worst owners.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

wheez the roux posted:

ESPN was melting down over it, it's just so gosh-darn disrespectful and immature that classless hoodlum!! and predicting either a gigantic fine ($100k+) and even brought up suspension lmao

if the NFL suspends him even a quarter for this that will back fire so goddamn hard right. right now is the perfect timing to do this while the league's credibility is still in the toilet

Wonder what the fine would be for wearing Beats By Dre socks or sleeves or something.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Schwack posted:

Transcript for those who don't like to spend time watching:

TRANSCRIPT:

(Removed: A few seconds of banter before the “skit” got under way.)

Sherman: “You know, the other day, Marshawn Lynch got fined $100,000. Did you know that? $100,000. And it’s like, they wouldn’t have even paid him $100,000 if he had talked, if he had spoken. Doug, do you think they would have paid him $100,000?”

Baldwin: “No, they sure wouldn’t have!”

Sherman: “Jeez, Louise. But you know who does pay me a lot of money? Beats by Dre, the wonderful headphones that I wear.”

Baldwin: “I like those headphones.”

Sherman: “But the league doesn’t let me say anything about them. Doug, why is that?”

Baldwin: “I don’t know. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.”

Sherman: “Yeah, sounds a little bit hypocritical! It seems like we’re in a league where they say: ‘Players, you know, you don’t endorse any alcohol. Please don’t endorse alcohol; no DUIs please.’ But yet, a beer sponsor is their biggest sponsor! Doug, how do you feel about that?”

Baldwin: “Like I said: Sounds very hypocritical.”

Sherman: “Yeah, it’s interesting. It’s very, very interesting. It’s crazy. But, you know, in this offseason, you have a good time. You get to wear Neff shades, you get to wear Neff beanies, you get to eat some Campbell’s Soup. My girl was sick this week; she got some Campbell’s Soup in her and, you know, that’s always good. So kids, when you get sick, be sure to get your Campbell’s Soup in you. It’s always a great deal, very healthy, very good for you. Chicken noodle soup around this time — it’s flu season.”

Baldwin: “Speaking of health, how do you feel about the NFL making me play two games in five days?”

Sherman: “Oh my god! Jeez! I almost didn’t realize that, because they’ve been talking about player safety so much. And it’s like, two games in five days doesn’t seem like you care about player safety. It’s a little bit much for me.

“But Doug, you look pretty healthy. You look like you’ve been having a good time. You look like you’ve been eating good. What kind of sandwiches have you been having?”

Baldwin: “You know, I like to eat fresh, so I eat my Subway. And I also like to wash my Subway down with a bottle of Martinelli’s.”

Sherman: “Oh my god, Martinelli’s? Sounds like a great beverage!

“It’s fun. It’s fun to use your time in the NFL to speak about something you care about, right? Right? Because then you don’t get fined $100,000. You don’t get fined at all for this. This is how they want us to talk, right? This is what they want us to do: They want us to advertise, right Doug?”

Baldwin: “Sounds about right to me!”

Sherman: “Alright! Gotta make some money. Gotta not get fined. Anybody got any questions?”

Baldwin: “Nope, I don’t think so!”

Sherman: “Alright!”

Baldwin (to media): “Have a good day.”

Sherman (to media): “Thank you.”

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Dirt Worshipper posted:

At least #1 was well deserved.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

gohuskies posted:

Transcript for those who don't like to spend time watching:

TRANSCRIPT:

(Removed: A few seconds of banter before the “skit” got under way.)

Sherman: “You know, the other day, Marshawn Lynch got fined $100,000. Did you know that? $100,000. And it’s like, they wouldn’t have even paid him $100,000 if he had talked, if he had spoken. Doug, do you think they would have paid him $100,000?”

Baldwin: “No, they sure wouldn’t have!”

Sherman: “Jeez, Louise. But you know who does pay me a lot of money? Beats by Dre, the wonderful headphones that I wear.”

Baldwin: “I like those headphones.”

Sherman: “But the league doesn’t let me say anything about them. Doug, why is that?”

Baldwin: “I don’t know. Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.”

Sherman: “Yeah, sounds a little bit hypocritical! It seems like we’re in a league where they say: ‘Players, you know, you don’t endorse any alcohol. Please don’t endorse alcohol; no DUIs please.’ But yet, a beer sponsor is their biggest sponsor! Doug, how do you feel about that?”

Baldwin: “Like I said: Sounds very hypocritical.”

Sherman: “Yeah, it’s interesting. It’s very, very interesting. It’s crazy. But, you know, in this offseason, you have a good time. You get to wear Neff shades, you get to wear Neff beanies, you get to eat some Campbell’s Soup. My girl was sick this week; she got some Campbell’s Soup in her and, you know, that’s always good. So kids, when you get sick, be sure to get your Campbell’s Soup in you. It’s always a great deal, very healthy, very good for you. Chicken noodle soup around this time — it’s flu season.”

Baldwin: “Speaking of health, how do you feel about the NFL making me play two games in five days?”

Sherman: “Oh my god! Jeez! I almost didn’t realize that, because they’ve been talking about player safety so much. And it’s like, two games in five days doesn’t seem like you care about player safety. It’s a little bit much for me.

“But Doug, you look pretty healthy. You look like you’ve been having a good time. You look like you’ve been eating good. What kind of sandwiches have you been having?”

Baldwin: “You know, I like to eat fresh, so I eat my Subway. And I also like to wash my Subway down with a bottle of Martinelli’s.”

Sherman: “Oh my god, Martinelli’s? Sounds like a great beverage!

“It’s fun. It’s fun to use your time in the NFL to speak about something you care about, right? Right? Because then you don’t get fined $100,000. You don’t get fined at all for this. This is how they want us to talk, right? This is what they want us to do: They want us to advertise, right Doug?”

Baldwin: “Sounds about right to me!”

Sherman: “Alright! Gotta make some money. Gotta not get fined. Anybody got any questions?”

Baldwin: “Nope, I don’t think so!”

Sherman: “Alright!”

Baldwin (to media): “Have a good day.”

Sherman (to media): “Thank you.”

I wonder how hard they had to work to make sure Pete Carroll didn't bust in with "And now let's talk about the melting point of steel and how hot jet fuel burns!"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

You forgot to mention that "Baldwin" is a cardboard cutout of Baldwin next to Sherman that he's talking to, and Baldwin himself is ducking behind and holding up his own cutout

zimbomonkey posted:

I wonder how hard they had to work to make sure Pete Carroll didn't bust in with "And now let's talk about the melting point of steel and how hot jet fuel burns!"

my only knock on it is that he didn't do the SB MVP "9/11 was an inside job" mic hit-and-run

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

wheez the roux posted:

ESPN should stop showing it if they are going to be carrying the NFL's water ( again )

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
I was watching ESPN while the Sherman interview was being played and you can just see these middle aged white men steaming out of their ears. He's right about everything too, which they don't want to talk about, just about how he's being disrespectful to the NFL.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Schwack posted:

Richard Sherman is the real mvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Well it was Papa John's, so he may well have been trying to poison the cops.

• Locked thread