Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also Gregg Rosenthal account spotted. Ozu you have some explaining to do.

@greggrosenthal 2m2 minutes ago
I wonder how much Redskins could get for RG3 in a trade. Second and a third?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

You'll take the Geno/Vick battle, see Jameis added to it at the draft, and like it

Sold. I love Jameis. Still don't think they draft high enough to get him though. The Bucs are real bad and have a much worse SOS.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who are your sources, (Ozu) Gregg Rosenthal

don't leave us hanging

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoa what the heck.

And is Janoris Jenkins bad now? He was pretty drat good his rookie year. Stedman Bailey is still a great great potential dammit. Hes a YAC machine who can make every contested catch.

That was a great san diego touchdown. I think he's going to turn solid.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Whoa what the heck.

And is Janoris Jenkins bad now? He was pretty drat good his rookie year. Stedman Bailey is still a great great potential dammit. Hes a YAC machine who can make every contested catch.

I think Jenkins is having injury troubles this year, but I could be thinking of a different CB. And Bailey is suffering from acute BRIAN loving SCHOTTENHEIMER-itis. Seriously, that team could have been so good with Bradford healthy and an OC who had the collective football IQ of myself, RG3 the poster, RG3 the player, and Doltos.

B Schotty is dookie

edit

swickles posted:

Jenkins is still pretty good. I kinda hope the Rams get RG3 in a trade for like a 3rd or 4th though. Seriously NFL Gods, you need to get RG3 on the Rams for a pittance.

Yes, please send the fragile quarterback to the NFC West so he can finally get a bit of peace and quiet.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 26, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Jenkins is still pretty good. I kinda hope the Rams get RG3 in a trade for like a 3rd or 4th though. Seriously NFL Gods, you need to get RG3 on the Rams for a pittance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tavon Austin is probably just poo poo but Schotty's offense is not doing him any favors.

Maybe I just tell myself that because I was one of his biggest fans coming out of that draft, but Austin has been ... not good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

who are your sources, (Ozu) Gregg Rosenthal

don't leave us hanging
:smith:

He said 2nd and a 3rd. No way he costs that much. Although todays Barnwell article floated a Harbaugh and RG3 pulling an Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday and going to some hapless franchise to rebuild.

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Whoa what the heck.

Bailey had such a killer game last week, god drat

Never have I seen a ball club so willing to destroy a QBs career the way that coaches have in washington. I mean, I understand general incompetence by placing a QB who isn't ready out there but this has 2 out of the three seasons playing in the nfl and being benched for a backup by two different coaches. God drat.

Send him to a team that will just let him go, that first season was so god drat good and he still has an arm

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

swickles posted:

This would be the ultimate in comedy. Schottenheimer wouldn't know what to do with him still :smith:

I still think Tavon is just not being used right. Recently he's been used better, with him finally getting some drat jet sweeps and stuff like that.

Janoris has been hurt this year and this game he was finally healthy it looked like. He also tends to have one big brain fart every game sadly.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm sure J.J. Watt is being sincere and kind to people he respects, but the sheer amount of "why can't these thugs be more like J.J.?" that's pouring out right now is going to make me hate him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

JRizzle posted:

This would be the ultimate in comedy. Schottenheimer wouldn't know what to do with him still :smith:

I still think Tavon is just not being used right. Recently he's been used better, with him finally getting some drat jet sweeps and stuff like that.

Janoris has been hurt this year and this game he was finally healthy it looked like. He also tends to have one big brain fart every game sadly.

Whats been going on with Greg Robinson. PFF has him being a giant wet fart.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I'm going to be spending my Thanksgiving weekend visiting friends in Corvallis.

They want to wake up early to prep Thanksgiving dinner from scratch.
They don't have a TV.
They don't care about sports.
They are inviting a lot of people who also do not like sports.

I don't know how I'm going to make it without breakfast beers, brunch beers, lunch beers, and then sad dinner scotch when I see the Bears score on my phone.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Zurreco posted:

They don't have a TV.

I don't know how I'm going to make it without breakfast beers, brunch beers, lunch beers, and then sad dinner scotch when I see the Bears score on my phone.

That's a weird definition of the word "friends".

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I can just see the 30 for 30 now on RG3.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

In my professional opinion he should sever. Do you concur?

(For real, that sounds miserable. Don't drink the Flavor Aid.)

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

swickles posted:

High school friends, known em forever. They're great otherwise. This scenario is mostly because the wife is an ~*artiste*~ from Orange County who is buying hard into the podunk Corvallis lifestyle. I blame Oregon. :smith:

Oh well, as a poor grad student, I'm not going to pass on five days of free food and drink.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

At least Oregon has a banging beer scene.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah all I've done with my parents this fall is watch football and get drunk, much to the chagrin of my fiancee. A few weeks ago we met up with them and went to Michigan@Northwestern, then went straight to a bar for Ohio State@Michigan State, then the following morning watched Miami@Detroit.
Last year at Thanksgiving we made a toast to the Lions' Thanksgiving win. We were so naive back then :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Santheb posted:

I can just see the 30 for 30 now on RG3.

It's RG3 though so they'll rename the series 12 for 30 or something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bring back Rex Grossman to start a game

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Ozu posted:

How much would RG3 cost at this point, a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

How many pills has Irsay taken?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

swickles posted:

At least Oregon has a banging beer scene.

I've lived amongst banging beer scenes for the last 11 years, so that's not really anything new. Corvallis itself doesn't really have any breweries worth writing home about. Plus the town is small enough that it shuts down during holidays, especially because like 80% of the town are ORST students that have gone home for the break. Luckily my friend homebrews (because of course) so there will be plenty of way too strong and way too flavorful beer to work through.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Spoeank posted:

It's RG3 though so they'll rename the series 12 for 30 or something

No pressure, no diamonds, no knees: the story of RG3 in D.C.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The Assassination of Robert Griffin by the Coward Mike Shanahan

e: Imagine time traveling to TFF in 2009 and making a thread about how the Redskins would be better off keeping Jim Zorn than hiring Mike Shanahan. Imagine the toxxes!

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 26, 2014

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I was thinking something similar with time travel, except going back to after his rookie year and letting the world know that he'd be benched for Colt McCoy less than two seasons later.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That playoff game was surreal. Actually everybody in the GDT screaming for RG3 to be benched, Shanahan refusing, and then a play later the turf crumples him like a twig as the commentators and fans react in horror but not out of shock.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

^^it really is sad. He had literally given all he had to give and it was obvious to everyone watching. Shanahan did him dirty. He should've been yanked when the team was up 14-0.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I was thinking something similar with time travel, except going back to after his rookie year and letting the world know that he'd be benched for Colt McCoy less than two seasons later.

Pre or post his knee finally crapping out?

Guess it doesn't matter either way.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 26, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Another good time to post the Chad Dukes Redskins rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSXwzlXEipc

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/leah-mom-bengals-devon-deadbeat-dad-article-1.2024259

quote:

Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still, whose relationship with his cancer-stricken little girl has been the NFL feel-good story of the season, is allegedly a deadbeat dad.

Still has not paid any child support for months for Leah Still, his sick 4-year-old daughter who was honored on the field during the Bengals’ 24-3 loss to the Cleveland Browns in Cincinnati earlier this month, according to Channing Smythe, Leah’s mother.

e: having Gloria Allred represent you isn't helping.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Wow that's bad.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

LOL DEAR 2012

RGIII BENCHED FOR COLT MCCOY

BROWNS GOOD

DREW STANTON QBING LEAGUE LEADING CARDINALS

GREG SCHIANO AN NFL COACH AGAIN

AARON HERNANDEZ CHANGES HIS NUMBER TO 8162595

LINES STRETCH OUT FOR DAYS FOR RAY RICE JERSEYS

FART

LOVE, 2014

[User was banned for trolling]

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
RG3 is completing almost 70% of his passes this year, while taking sacks a rate that would make Alex Smith blush back in his late 49ers days.

It seems like he just doesn't want to throw the goddamned ball unless he's almost sure he can complete it (and then have it turn into an interception anyway), which is really sad. I remember him being super aggressive at Baylor and in that first year :(

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It makes sense, though. RG3 is a mobile QB who is afraid to run lest he gets injured yet again. That means he has to stay in the pocket longer, which means he gets sacked more. That in turn reduces the amount of throws he gets to make on the fly, so all of his yards have to come from short setpieces. He should probably just start throwing a bunch of bombs like Cousins was doing, since Garcon and Jackson can pull down a lot of them if they're somewhat on target.

I'm looking at his stats now and it's kind of mind boggling:
5 games played
2 passing TDs
0 rushing TDs
3 interceptions
4 fumbles
20(!) sacks
0 wins

What the hell does Washington even do with him now? He needs to be remolded as a pocket QB or they need to cut their losses. Or get a better Oline, but that's not going to happen.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

Patriots - Packers is going to loving own.

Not for Packer fans :smith:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Seriously, goons, if anybody wants a ticket to the 49ers/Seahawks game, just PM me. You can buy me a beer or something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Not for Packer fans :smith:

You guys are all way too scared of New England

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
RG3 needs to take a bunch of steroids to rehab his knees while he's benched, then get traded to Houston for a 5th round pick.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pycckuu posted:

RG3 needs to take a bunch of steroids to rehab his knees while he's benched, then get traded to Houston for a 5th round pick.

Wait a second, this sounds familiar....

Heisman winning QB from a Texas college, local fanbase wants NFL team to draft him but that doesn't happen, looks lights out his first year but eventually turns into a pumpkin, gets repeatedly pushed into starting duty by the onwer even though the coaching staff thinks otherwise, which leads to a falling out between the two...

...nah, must be thinking of someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Zurreco posted:

They don't have a TV.

Guess you're going to be staring at your phone a lot then. Just hide in a closet and stare at box scores.

• Locked thread