Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the real trick is to make sure you grab your players where you won't be seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the real trick is to make sure you grab your players where you won't be seen

dalton poster cant perform when people are watching. typical

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

False because half of those games are away from the Dome

Dome ain't such a great place for the Saints these days

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

DancingMachine posted:

I'm not looking forward to Sherman being buried in flags for the rest of the year. :\

He's only got like two on the year, I think he'll be OK. Pete has also been complaining non stop to the NFL about the penalty disparity during games, and after Sunday I dont particularly blame him. Cards got away with a lot more than they should've, but whatever.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

wheez the roux posted:

lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wheez the roux posted:

:vince:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Schwack posted:

He's only got like two on the year, I think he'll be OK. Pete has also been complaining non stop to the NFL about the penalty disparity during games, and after Sunday I dont particularly blame him. Cards got away with a lot more than they should've, but whatever.

If Pete is complaining about the officiating at all that's hilarious. Also why the hell would you complain about the officiating when you blow out a team? It just makes you look petty as poo poo.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Kalli posted:

I believe NFL's cutoff for 'deep' pass is 15 yards in the air.

Because I just looked up 20+ yard passes for Geno and Vick:

Vick: 2/14, 1 TD, 0 ints
Geno: 2/20, 1 TD, 6 ints

So if that's right, they're still combining for 7/20 with 3 ints on 15-19 yard passes.

Here's some other guys who popped into my head for 20+ yard passes:

Blake Bortles: 6/27, 2 TDs, 4 ints
Alex Smith: 1/9, 2 ints. Oh stereotypes rooted in truth.
Brian Hoyer: 23/47, 3 TDs, 1 int :stare:
Ryan Fitzpatrick: 11/25, 4 TDs, 2 ints
Colin Kaepernick: 12/42, 3 TDs, 2 ints
Derek Carr: 10/33, 2 TDs, 1 int
Teddy Bridgewater: 8/28, 2 TDs, 2 ints

Woah Brian Hoyer's slinging it.

Hoyer loves to funsling. He's currently 32nd in the league in completion percentage, and #1 in YPC.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

wheez the roux posted:

:eyepop:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

Hoyer loves to funsling. He's currently 32nd in the league in completion percentage, and #1 in YPC.

And he didn't even have Josh "The Stoned Golden Tate" Gordon to do it.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

TubeStank posted:

If Pete is complaining about the officiating at all that's hilarious. Also why the hell would you complain about the officiating when you blow out a team? It just makes you look petty as poo poo.

Seattle's opponents so far have averaged a league-low 4.4 penalties and 36 yards per game (second is Denver and it's not even close) and just about every team is well below their average except for Green Bay, but that was week 1.

Philip J Fry fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 26, 2014

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Philip J Fry posted:

Seattle's opponents so far have averaged a league-low 4.4 penalties and 36 yards per game (second is Denver and it's not even close) and every team is well below their average except for Green Bay, but that was week 1.

If Seattle didn't want to get called on every possible penalty, or give opponents slack to get away with them, they shouldn't have based their 2013 season around gaming the referees.

:colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Philip J Fry posted:

Seattle's opponents so far have averaged a league-low 4.4 penalties and 36 yards per game (second is Denver and it's not even close) and just about every team is well below their average except for Green Bay, but that was week 1.

This might have something to do with our offense being so lovely that you don't need to hold to cover our guys.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Probably, but I don't buy for one second that the Fisher/Williams Rams only had 2 penalties, and they were both dead-ball.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Philip J Fry posted:

Probably, but I don't buy for one second that the Fisher/Williams Rams only had 2 penalties, and they were both dead-ball.

I would have to watch the game again while specifically looking for that before I would feel comfortable agreeing. That said, the Rams and Fisher have their reputation for a reason...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Philip J Fry posted:

This is pretty useless information without looking at the officiating crews and without watching the games to see when they occurred, though (or home / away, for that matter). Teams have up and down games with penalties as do crews. 8 penalties in a game is the second highest for Green Bay (9 at Chicago being the highest). A single big DPI can skew the data pretty far.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Turns out that photographer gawping at Odell's catch didn't actually miss his shot of it. :unsmith:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

TubeStank posted:

This is pretty useless information without looking at the officiating crews and without watching the games to see when they occurred, though (or home / away, for that matter). Teams have up and down games with penalties as do crews. 8 penalties in a game is the second highest for Green Bay (9 at Chicago being the highest). A single big DPI can skew the data pretty far.

They've had a few big missed calls against opponents recently that I think got Carroll particularly fired up. The no call in the end zone against KC on an obvious DPI and then probably the weakest possible DPI call against Byron Maxwell this week had him livid on the sidelines. The Cardinals were definitely getting away with a lot of poo poo this week. One very, very obvious helmet to helmet hit on a WR springs to mind immediately. I'd agree that all that penalty data isn't particularly useful, but watching the games it does often seem a bit one-sided WRT enforcement. In my mind it speaks to how bad most of the NFL's crews are more than anything.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Febreeze posted:

RG3's offensive line isn't exactly great either, in fact it's pretty garbage. But I think Cam is still way more salvageable.

wrong. #1 the line is good in run blocking. morris is still a threat. #2 rg3 has 20 sacks this season. kirk cousins had 8

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Chichevache posted:

And he didn't even have Josh "The Stoned Golden Tate" Gordon to do it.

I'm pretty sure it should be Golden "The Not as Good as Josh Gordon" Tate

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I'm pretty sure it should be Golden "The Not as Good as Josh Gordon" Tate

Numbers don't lie. Golden Tate has like 1,000 more yards on the year than Gordon. It isn't even close. Plus Tate has to split catches with that stat padder, whatshisface, #81.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
RG3 benched for Colt McCoy according to Schefter's twitter

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Numbers don't lie. Golden Tate has like 1,000 more yards on the year than Gordon. It isn't even close. Plus Tate has to split catches with that stat padder, whatshisface, #81.

Tate is tied for 5th in targets so point invalid

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

RG3 benched for Colt McCoy according to Schefter's twitter

quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Redskins are planning to start Colt McCoy in Week 13 at Indianapolis.
Schefter reports Robert Griffin III remains "a significant part" of the Redskins' long-term plan, but it appears the coaching staff has decided Colt McCoy offers a better chance to be competitive at this moment. Coach Jay Gruden has not been able to run his offense with RG3 under center this season. McCoy has appeared in two games this year, completing 85.7 percent of his throws for 427 yards with a touchdown and an interception, engineering an upset of Dallas and leading the game-winning drive versus Tennessee. We suspect McCoy will close out the season as the Redskins' starter.

don't do it bobzmuda

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Tate is tied for 5th in targets so point invalid

Well of course he didn't get 1st in targets, he's got a leech on the other end of the field.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How much would RG3 cost at this point, a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
RG3 got benched for gunslingin' Colt McCoy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead and Rokevious Watkins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead and Rokevious Watkins

context?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Happy trails, Robert.

I was butthurt about Sherman's WWE promo last year, but that media session with the cardboard cutout owns.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Can't wait for RG3 to resurrect his career somewhere else. gently caress Fat Gruden

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

context?

That is the total value of the RG3 haul. Some good players there.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Metapod posted:

context?

Players Rams drafted from the RG3 trade.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is pretty loving cool; I hadn't heard about this dude till this post, but yeah in his position it's incredible he was able to shuffle fast enough to even get the shot he did. good on him :unsmith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

That is the total value of the RG3 haul. Some good players there.

DariusLikewise posted:

oh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DariusLikewise posted:

So neither side got anything out of it

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Ozu posted:

Nick Foles, straight up. :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's probably a win for both franchises, actually.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ozu posted:

Rg3 and Desean Jackson for Nick Foles and Riley Cooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ozu posted:

You'll take the Geno/Vick battle, see Jameis added to it at the draft, and like it

• Locked thread