Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

how do i change it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
you cant youre stuck in the future now

the same thin ghappened to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
unlike an iOS update you can actually just reinstall an older windows

do it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Check out Sex on the Peach by Bumble Bee Vapor if you have a chance, they are local to me and make badass juices so all the shops around here carry them. Tried that one out of a lovely tester at the shop and it was awesome, not full on peach because it has some mixed berry flavor in there but you do taste the peach and it tastes great. Beantown Vapor also has a new juice coming out at some point, Flesh and Bone, which is a peach cobbler/peaches and cream type flavor. That one should be super good since Beantown is off the charts awesome.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

my old windows disc is 3 years and 2 house moves away so its god knows where and ill have to buy windows seven. is there a way of getting the start menu back or should i just get used to it

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Check out Sex on the Peach by Bumble Bee Vapor if you have a chance, they are local to me and make badass juices so all the shops around here carry them. Tried that one out of a lovely tester at the shop and it was awesome, not full on peach because it has some mixed berry flavor in there but you do taste the peach and it tastes great. Beantown Vapor also has a new juice coming out at some point, Flesh and Bone, which is a peach cobbler/peaches and cream type flavor. That one should be super good since Beantown is off the charts awesome.

thanks ill give this a shot

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
kill you are self

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Widdiful posted:

my old windows disc is 3 years and 2 house moves away so its god knows where and ill have to buy windows seven. is there a way of getting the start menu back or should i just get used to it

didnt they stop this

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
OP, look on the bright side. Windows 8 is still better than gnome3.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im vry sry op

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

posting from windows 8.1 now. still dont like it as much as 7 but well see. i reckon i can get used to this

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
8.1 is good, wabbit, your computing experience will be top notch

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Migishu posted:

kill you are self

pram
Jun 10, 2001

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

8.1 is good, wabbit, your computing experience will be top notch

top shelf feces

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the good poo poo

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

Jonny 290 posted:

ive got a nice mint and tobacco mix going right now i enjoy it a lot

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

echinopsis posted:

unlike an iOS update you can actually just reinstall an older windows

do it

Dumb oval office. Use 'anroid' next time.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Widdiful posted:

Just pirate your older inferior os

(dear mods this was a funy computer joke please pls don't ban me four :files:)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pram posted:

the good poo poo

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T18FADQgbbs

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is it really piracy if ms refuses to sell it to you? just claim you're preserving this antique os as a historical landmark

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
if you need an older os here's os 9.2 right for download by apple

if you're on windows... dosbox will let you play old games

can't think why you'd need windows for anything else

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

horse mans posted:

hahha im not downloading mac even if its free

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Widdiful posted:

hahha im not downloading mac even if its free

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Widdiful posted:

posting from windows 8.1 now. still dont like it as much as 7 but well see. i reckon i can get used to this

it's fine once you realize you can right-click in the bottom-left corner and get used to win+s or win+q instead of just win

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
each night I look at my laptop and tell it "gonna flatten and reinstall win7 on u in the morning" but I never get around to it. start 8 is the only thing keeping me from exercising them sweet downgrade rights

for extra fun, op, you could install win10 preview on your machine and enter a whole new world of stupidity

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Mad Archivist posted:

for extra fun, op, you could install win10 preview on your machine and enter a whole new world of stupidity

im already doing this just now, but im trying to do the windows shuffle so i can actually shrink a drive and partition it first

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i upgraded to windows 8 and now i use a mac and also unironically think that gnome 3 is an acceptable ui

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

horse mans posted:

you can only use up to 9.0.4 with sheepshaver

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's also just an update and u would need a working 9.2.1 install to even make use of that download

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

The Mad Archivist posted:

each night I look at my laptop and tell it "gonna flatten and reinstall win7 on u in the morning" but I never get around to it. start 8 is the only thing keeping me from exercising them sweet downgrade rights

same except win 10

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Widdiful posted:

how do i change it back

the unironic answer is to install classic shell

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

now you have windows 7 with uglier chrome and better under the hood improvements

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Phoenixan posted:

i upgraded to windows 8 and now i use a mac and also unironically think that gnome 3 is an acceptable ui

This would be funny if it wasn't true.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
forget the start menu. just hit windows key and start typing the name of wat u want. and pin everything u use often to teh start bar. never look at the metro bullshit and ur away laughin

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

gas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cant handle a bit of healty competiosn

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

dont gas

pram
Jun 10, 2001
*disappointedly closes cover to gas button*

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
8.1 is fine it's not great but it's an os so of course it's a pod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my windows computer currently just runs steam in big picture mode and it's basically an over-glorified game console at this point

• Locked thread