Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Google
Apache License, version 2.0
When text is rendered by a computer, sometimes there will be characters in the text that can not be displayed, because no font that supports them is available to the computer. When this occurs, small boxes are shown to represent the characters. We call those small boxes “tofu,” and we want to remove tofu from the Web. This is how the Noto font families got their name.

Noto helps to make the web more beautiful across platforms for all languages. Currently, Noto covers over 30 scripts, and will cover all of Unicode in the future. This is the Sans Latin, Greek and Cyrillic family. It has Regular, Bold, Italic and Bold Italic styles and is hinted. It is derived from Droid, and like Droid it has a serif sister family, Noto Serif.

Noto fonts for many other languages are available as web fonts from the Google Web Fonts Early Access page.

Noto fonts are intended to be visually harmonious across multiple languages, with compatible heights and stroke thicknesses. For the currently released Noto fonts see code.google.com/p/noto/

Open Noto Sans in Google Fonts »

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

i dont recognize hardly any of those letters down there op

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
5 for educational thread

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
When did they change the "quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" sentence used to show every letter in the font?

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

In this forum, we speak English. gently caress your language friendly font. This is 'Murica. Where's my Comic Sans?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What anime is noto son from?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Demora posted:

In this forum, we speak English. gently caress your language friendly font. This is 'Murica. Where's my Comic Sans?

byob

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
noto son sounds like some jap piss cartoon on that one app I never use on my ps4

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

noto-san is a very good artist but he is not japanese so why would you use japanese honorifics for him?????

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
lollin' at you, son

we're using Open Sans all up in this here piece

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

I
I can't go there. That swinging cat gives me seizures.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Lowtax posted:

lollin' at you, son

rude

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

lollin' at you, son

Open Sans
Steve Matteson
Apache License, version 2.0
Open Sans is a humanist sans serif typeface designed by Steve Matteson, Type Director of Ascender Corp. This version contains the complete 897 character set, which includes the standard ISO Latin 1, Latin CE, Greek and Cyrillic character sets. Open Sans was designed with an upright stress, open forms and a neutral, yet friendly appearance. It was optimized for print, web, and mobile interfaces, and has excellent legibility characteristics in its letterforms.

Open Open Sans in Google Fonts »

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

i'm just going to post about phil noto in this thread

he did a bunch of faux-candid pictures of superheroes and stuff once

they're really nice and cool to look at if you like looking at pictures of superheroes

maybe we can all post other notos in this thread

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

plz side-by-side noto sans vs open sans so i can more better appreciate the differens

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

:vince:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Lazy Sphinx waves quart jug of bad milk

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Call me when it can do Egyptian hieroglyphs

𓁲

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

273423-X posted:

Call me when it can do Egyptian hieroglyphs

𓁲

Whats your phone number, just in case?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
ɷ

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

is taht a tiny butt?

open container
Sep 16, 2008
KILL ALL TECHIES

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ѡ
butt

Ѿ
butt with a tramp-stamp

҉
brown eye

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Smokey posted:

Whats your phone number, just in case?

No you're not gonna doxx me that easily, I know all the tricks

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

:vonnegut:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

273423-X posted:

No you're not gonna doxx me that easily, I know all the tricks

Looks like you've done most of the work for us, forums poster 273423-X, or should I say.... 273-423X???

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

hello old friend

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

I just want Noto-san to notice me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
this font actually sucks rear end

arial forever

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Xaris posted:

arial forever

Wiggum never

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
it looks totally pussified. i mean, if ogres talk in ALL CAPS, and pussies meow, this font has to be the bee's achilles tendon.

also, if i wanted to be ballsdeep up google's rear end, i wouldn't need to post youtube vids on this forum to bypass having to open a google account, effectively becoming a walking biometric reading to be processed through the alimentary canal known as darpa's sphincter

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

Izumi Konata posted:

it looks totally pussified. i mean, if ogres talk in ALL CAPS, and pussies meow, this font has to be the bee's achilles tendon.

also, if i wanted to be ballsdeep up google's rear end, i wouldn't need to post youtube vids on this forum to bypass having to open a google account, effectively becoming a walking biometric reading to be processed through the alimentary canal known as darpa's sphincter

What?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

the gently caress can a font be 'humanist' ?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Actually a big fan of this font, OP.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
DONT TRY ME. I CAN SEVER YOUR PRIDE WITH A SWIFT SUCCESSION OF KEYSTROKES, BITCH

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Spanish Manlove posted:

When did they change the "quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog" sentence used to show every letter in the font?

When they realized it didn't have an 's' :v:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Merkinman posted:

When they realized it didn't have an 's' :v:

holy gently caress!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care